Almost Is Never Enough || Boo...

By TWareLovely

How do you love with your entire heart for two people? What do you do to make sure neither get hurt? You don'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
*Not a chapter*

Chapter 36

177 6 0
By TWareLovely

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 36

"Hello Mr. McGuiness," the doctor said in a formal tone. "I have some good news for you."

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well it looks like you'll be discharged today if you agree to visit a psychiatrist two or three days a week for about an hour," the doctor said.

"Yes, definitely. He agrees," you said.

Jay looked over at you and smiled, "Okay doc, no problem."

"Someone's eager to get me home," he whispered to you, smiling.

"Very," you said, biting your lip.

"Okay. I'll go sign the papers and you'll be on your way," the doctor said with a smile.

"Thank you," you smiled.

The doctor nodded his head and exited the room. "You guys don't know how relieved I am to go home," Jay said, going over to his clothes.

"I can imagine," Nathan said, "I'll wait outside."

"Okay," you said as Nathan left the room. Jay grabbed his clothes and started putting them on.

"You're not gonna let me help?" You said with a pout. He looked over at you and winked. You giggled and walked over to him, stealing his shirt from his hands.

You untied his hospital gown and slipped it off him. He couldn't help but laugh a little as you put his shirt on for him. You made sure to run your hands down his abs slowly, biting your lip. Jay was doing everything he possibly could to stop himself from moaning. He then took his boxers and slid them on himself, teasing you. You could see him taunting and you only smirked.

"That's fine...I'll help you with those later," you said sexily, slipping your hands under the waistband of his boxers.

"And I can finally take this off," Jay said, slipping his hand under your shirt, tugging at you bra strap.

"Slow down," you smirked, kissing him.

Jay gave you a pout. "But I don't wanna," Jay whined, slipping your bra strap off your shoulder.

You winked at him. "Later."

"Ughh fine," Jay whined childishly. He finished getting dressed and kissed you. You kissed him back and held his hand, walking out of his room.

"Jay, are you missing something?" You asked him, a devious smile on your face.

He looked really confused. "What?" He asked.

"I think you might be missing your phone...again," you said with a laugh, giving him his phone.

"Thank you," he said, laughing. You saw that his lock screen was the picture of you two kissing on the Ferris wheel.

"Nice lock screen by the way," you smiled.

"Thanks," he said, unable to control his blush.

"Might want to send me that," you winked.

"After tonight I might have some other things to send you..." Jay whispered cheekily.

"I might have some too," you said, biting your lip.

"Maybe a recording?" He said, raising his eyebrow.

"I was thinking a video," you winked.

His eyes widened. "Oh my god I love you," he said.

"I love you too," you said, pecking him on the lips before you both went outside.

Nathan was waiting inside the car for you two. "Hey Nath!" You smiled, opening the car door.

"Hi," he said.

"You okay?" You asked, a little skeptical.

"Yeah. I'm fine," he said. That was it. No love, no babe. Just that. It wasn't normal, and you didn't like it.

"That's it?" You whispered to him. "No love? No babe?"

He rolled his eyes at you jokingly. "Yes I'm fine love," he said with a laugh.

"Not the same," you said sadly.

"Sorry," he said, biting his lip.

"It's you I'm worried about," you said.

"Don't be," Nathan said, shaking his head and starting the car. You and Jay sat in the middle row of seats. It was a silent ride back, very awkward. You felt as though it was weird to do anything else but hold Jay's hand because of Nathan.

Once you got back to the house, everyone asked questions. Kelsey and Nareesha practically dragged you to Nareesha's room. "What?" You asked them once Kelsey locked the door.

"What did you say to Nathan? He's changed completely. Ten minutes with you and he's automatically happier!" Kelsey said.

"I just told him that if it doesn't work out between Jay and I...I would come back for him if he was still available...and wear the ring." You said, slightly blushing. Nareesha smiled at that. "And he wrote me a song," you whispered.

"Wait...he wrote you a song?" Kelsey asked, smiling.

"Yeah. It's called Almost Is Never Enough." You took the paper that it was written on out of your pocket so they could read the lyrics. You had taken it earlier so you could make a copy.

Kelsey and Nareesha looked at each other once they were done reading. It was the prettiest song they ever heard. Nareesha had tears in her eyes. "That's so adorable," she said.

"I know," you said with a smile. "We were singing it together and I was crying from how special it was. And then...we kissed. I promised him I would come back for him and would wear the ring if it didn't work out. He said he'd be wearing a tux and that he'd pick me up bridal style. I said I'd kiss him and he said he'd be waiting. And I said I would too...always," you confessed, blushing incredulously.

"Oh my god..." Kelsey said, trying not to cry from how sweet you both were.

"That's too cute," Nareesha said. You couldn't stop smiling and blushing. You glanced over at the blue box that was in your purse. 'Maybe one day I will wear that ring' you thought.

"Are you sure you're happy with Jay?" Nareesha asked.

"I'm really happy with Jay...why?" You asked skeptically.

"What Nath did was just really sweet...and you looked really in love when you spoke about it," Kelsey said.

"I'm not saying I don't love Nathan anymore, it's just that I love Jay and he needs me." You explained.

"Is that the reason you love him though?" Nareesha asked.

"Of course not why would you ask that?" You said incredulously.

"Just making sure," Nareesha said.

"Okay then..." You said.

"Where'd you get the necklace?" She asked, admiring it.

"Jay," you said, cheekily smiling at them at the mention of it.

"To my lovely, Jay," Nareesha read, smiling.

"That's so adorable," Kelsey said, looking at the necklace too.

*Meanwhile with Nath and Tom*

"So how are you with the whole decision thing? You okay with it?" Tom asked him.

Nathan looked down for a bit. He grabbed Tom's arm and led him to his room, to the piano. He started playing the song by memory, singing softly so no one else could hear. "That was great Nath. Was that...about her?" Tom asked him once he finished playing.

"Yeah. That's sort of my answer to your question," Nathan said awkwardly.

"So that means you're not okay with it then," Tom said.

"I don't know. I'm trying to be okay with it." Nathan said, putting his head in his hands.

"You don't have to try, Nath. I know it's killing you," Tom said, sitting by him.

"But I have to be okay," he said, restraining his tears.

Tom sighed. He wrapped an arm around Nathan. "I know Nath, I just can't watch you get hurt." Tom said.

"I have no choice anyways," Nathan said.

"I'm sorry mate..." Tom said sympathetically.

"He got her a necklace.." Nathan mumbled.

"And you gave her your heart and a song." Tom said. "And a ring..."

"But the only thing she actually accepted from me was the song..." Nathan whispered. He started crying right then and there.

Tom just continued to keep his arm around him, trying to comfort him. "Maybe one day she'll accept all three..." Tom said.

"No mate. She loves Jay now. All of the days and nights I spent thinking about her, loving her...it's all gone to waste." Nathan said.

"No it wasn't, Nath! You two had a great relationship for months, it hasn't gone to waste!" Tom said.

Nathan didn't respond, thinking things over in his head. "Look mate, I'm sorry about everything's that's happened, but maybe she wasn't the one..." Tom said, trying to speak the truth so Nathan could somehow heal.

"I sincerely think she was, Tom." Nathan said, walking out of the room. Tom sighed, he honestly didn't know what to do anymore to help Nathan.

---
You had left the room with Nareesha and Kelsey and had sat down on the couch. "Hey lovely," Jay said, sitting next to you and pecking your lips.

"Hey Bird," you said, smiling at him as he wrapped an arm around you. You noticed Nathan had sat down on the other couch, farther away than you expected. You sighed. This wasn't going to be the way it was at all. Everything had changed now, he was avoiding you.

You snuggled into Jay's chest as you watched TV. You wanted to talk to Nathan, but weren't sure how or when or even what about. You felt horrible watching him just sit there, watching you two. It would've been the same way if you had chosen him though, only this time you'd have a ring on your finger. You just couldn't win, it would've been bad if you chose either one of them.

You sighed and looked at Jay, he was intently watching the screen. You then looked over at Nathan and he was already looking at you two. He turned away, a sad look in his eyes. He then got up and walked to his room, mumbling a quick goodnight. You sighed once he left. Nothing would be the same anymore. He would just avoid you and there would be nothing you could do about it.

"What's wrong, love?" Jay asked, kissing your head.

"It's Nathan..." You said, looking up at him.

"What about him?" Jay asked, concerned.

"He's not acting like the same happy person he was. He's avoiding me." You said, a sad look in your eyes.

"He'll stop eventually." Jay said, biting his lip. He pulled you in for a kiss and you gave in to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Follow my co-author @joyce13_tw on twitter and @thewanted_13 on Instagram! Also follow my fan page @twarelovely on Instagram!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 203 19
Jay has been Gay for about a year now and he can't stop thinking about his bandmate Nathan Sykes. Unfortunately Nathan's straight and the band, The W...
12.3K 204 87
Nathan Sykes and Jay McGuiness are best friends. They are there for each other through thick and thin. They basically haven't left each other's side...
7.2K 186 95
If kissing was just two people touching lips, it wouldn't touch our hearts and bind our souls the way it does.- Unknown If you have read Revolving Do...
4.6K 58 78
I am Nathan by the way. Nathan Sykes. I somehow landed the best gig in town. I get to write about sex, dating and everything in between. Luckily, I h...