The Other Side - ON HOLD UNTI...

By oXPerfectMyOwnWayXo

She was good. She was sweet. She was Cammie. Death came. She's bad. She's sour. She's Cam When Camila Jone... More

The Other Side
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13:

Chapter Nine:

76 5 0
By oXPerfectMyOwnWayXo

The Other Side

CHAPTER NINE:

I realized I was spending too much time thinking on what to say, Cam was already looking at me with a risen eyebrow as if to say, ‘speak or fuck off’ and the way this girl was looking was starting to help me decide on the latter. But as always my charm works. “I’m sorry, am I interrupting? Means it ain’t important.” I sneered making Gabe’s black eyes squint before opening his mouth to snap back. “I need to talk to you Cam, real quick. There’s a problem.” That was the first thing I thought off and there might have been a possibility that this girl realized I was lying. None the less she got up rolling her eyes telling Gabe she’ll be back. No, no she won’t.

“What?” Cam hissed pulling her skirt lower as if that was going to do much, this school uniform was designed for strippers. I just shrugged making her give me a really fierce look of death. She was about to walk off when I grabbed her wrist.

“Wait, wait.” I shook my head. “I can’t tell you here.” If there was any way that I was winning this bet it was by getting rid of Gabe. She gave me a crazy look. I had to check to make sure I didn’t suddenly turn green with pink hair. “Come on.” I tugged on her wrist lightly only making her see that I need her to follow me, she moved the rest of the way contemplating on agreeing with me. My first and foremost idea was to just pull her outside and start rambling shit to get her to fall into my web. But Gabe could just leave the café and disturb us so that was a no. Then I was thinking of taking her to the pitch behind the school, but she might think I want to kill her. So I done the only other thing I could think off. I pulled her into the closest on the left by homeroom 6 and B2. She looked confused for a second before I just tugged out a key (making sure no one could see me) and opened the door. I stepped in and almost unthinkingly she followed me opening up to my den. Cam rose her eyebrow as I closed the door back into place locking it with the inside lock.

The den was dark with only a fair light shining. It was basically a mini classroom but made to my liking. It wasn’t big triple the size of a normal closet maybe with a lot of cool things. Huge speakers stood at the side with a small TV placed on the mantel a game box linked and a sofa at the far end. I clapped my hands snapping Cam from looking around before I hit the wall making the light turn on only to reveal how it really looked with beer bottles everywhere a couple of open condom wrappers, some closed and an empty pizza box on the low coffee table.

“Er, I haven’t really had time to clean up.” I said scratching the back of my head thinking one thing: Jack was busy last night. I grabbed the empty trash can (surprisingly) and started grabbing all the junk throwing it into the metal bin making a loud noise.

“How…how did you get this place?” Cam gasped making me stop picking up…a used condom! What the fuck Jack!

“Er…got good contacts with some people in this school.” That or the owner is my Godfather not that that part is really that important to be fair. Cam rolled her eyes somehow not believing in anything I say. Ergh, this really was going to be a fucking nightmare.

“OK…” She drowned clasping her hands as I picked up the last of the trash waiting for her to sit, but she didn’t she just carried on standing. “Are you going to tell me what the real reason is to bring me because if you think you getting anything sexual out of me, you are so wrong.”

I think I just went a little hard at that thought, “If you get to know me you’ll realize I’m not someone who is looking for release 24/7.” My arms automatically folded themselves blocking more words from me. Cam only shrugged walking a step to me moving her hips all too much. “What do you want Dylan? Gabe is waiting for me.”

“Was he about to ask you out?” I asked suddenly needing to buy myself more time not to fuck all of this up like a total idiot.

The girl in front of me was the one to fold her arms now squishing her chest down. “I don’t know, you never allowed me to find out.” Her snap was harsh but I didn’t even wink when she flicked her hair back. “Just state business and let me go back to life.”

I need more time! “A lot of girls would kill to be here with me.” I stated matter-of-factly not trying to really imply anything of any sorts but get her to appreciate what she had – something she came across not knowing what to do. Looks like I’m going to have to be her sensei for a while.

“Trust me Dylan, I would give this spot up with no gore or blood.” Cam raised her hand to a stop sign to assure me making me only stiff a laugh. “Are you going to tell me what you want? Cause I seriously would like to find out about what Gabe was going to tell me. I don’t know if you have noticed or not, but he is fine.” She gave me a thumbs up. Something flickered in me for a second before dissolving.

“Believe it or not, but no I haven’t noticed how ‘fine’ he is.” I quoted now dropping my hands into my trousers moving it a little further away from my body trying to control something in my pants. I heard the clash in our accents in that second. I didn’t take big notice of her American accent before more than I had on the first day hearing her pronounce some of the words differently, but I could really hear it with a more developed conversation with her. The weirdest thing however was that she wasn’t acting differently than at the night in the café or the park. She was acting like Cam. There was something about that that had me losing myself in her voice before I noticed she was heading back to the door.

“Ok! Wait!” I called touching her arm on her blazer sleeve. “I just wanted to say sorry about the whole jail thing and I wanted to thank you properly and since you won’t take me up on the thought of tutoring you.” I placed my finger on her lips only lightly seeing that she was about to start the fight of the day. “Then how about dinner tonight? Anything. I owe you a lot Cam, you must have gotten into a lot of shit because of me.” For a second there was something fizzing between us that was starting to become really weird. I dropped my hand from her shoulder before she was saying it herself. I was only hoping for a good answer.

Scanning my standing body shielding the litter I had left behind the sofa Cam started weighing out her options. It was as if I could literally see the gears in her head spinning round like a clock. My mother usually tells me that when I’m deep in thought about something and deciding I bite my tongue making my jaw clench. There was no sign of this in Cam meaning that she much have another flick but for now I didn’t see anything worth taking a note of.

“We’re both grounded.”

“I think I can cut myself loose for you. Think you’d do the same?” I fired back when she stated the obvious. When she said that I wasn’t sure if to take it as a rejection of a subtle ‘no’ or an invitation to make me prove to her that I wanted to go with her. She was now running her fingers through her long strands narrowing her bright eyes to show her eyelashes again.

“Can I go now?” She asked. Hey eyes were screaming ‘take a hint’ but I’m not that type of guy.

“I owe you that much.” I pointed out neatly only making her sigh and run her hands through her hair backwards letting out another gush of air.

She rose both of her hands to say stop before another breath off, “fine, if I let you, will you leave me the hell alone?”

That had me crack such a huge smile on my face from ear to ear nodding. Cam rolled her eyes saying, “pick me up tonight at 7. Don’t be late.” And with that mark she left the den entering into the real world as I stood there pumping my fist into the air like a total idiot. SUCCESS. The door suddenly cracked open making me freeze mid-air changing my action to scratching my back. Cam smiled pointing to the coffee table, “There’s a condom there.” I turned around to see its green packaging before realizing she was gone again. Oh Cam, the troubles you’re going to give me these two months.

I felt real good about myself for the rest of day dancing through classes; learning nothing. At the end of the school day, as usual Jack was blowing my phone up with phone calls wondering where the hell was I since I was meant to meet him to talk ‘strategy’ and go speak with the owner of the boxing ring – Craig – and the master of MMA in these areas. He had won 6 titles in this whole MMA journey and hurt both of his wrists snapping them twice in minimum. Craig was someone I simply looked up to when it came to this game.

I kept turning off Jack but that really didn’t give much since he fought back with another row of calls. I made it to Room A9 where my first detention of the month was going to be. A loud huff exited me as I took a huge step twisting the handle and stepping in knowing I was already 3 minutes late because of Mel who was starting to ask questions. Mr. Mahone opened the door for me with a cocked eyebrow.

“Got held up in class.” I shrugged. The tall ginger man took me in for a second taking a caution step backwards to let me into the house. Leaning against the desk was Cam looking  not at all happy with being a piece of paper in her hand. “Detention.” I smirked playing my booklet (pink booklet) on the desk trying to make her not notice.

“No.” She rolled her eyes. I laughed out loud as she just turned around facing the desk again.

“Right, Miss Jones.” Mr. Mahone began sitting back down behind his desk running a finger against his sideburns and taking the paper from her hands before looking down it. “What seems to be the problem?” I had known Mahone for a long time and when he twitched his left eyebrow and tugs on his barely visible goat beard, it means he’s getting irritated, but this girl didn’t take any of that into account saying, “I deserve a better grade for that assignment, I added everything that you told me to. And…” Cam pointed to somewhere on the page taking a quick glance “I used the quotes and references. Melanie didn’t and she got a much higher grade than me Mr. M. I think this is a case of unfairness.”

Many thoughts came into my head thinking from how nice her body figure looked as she slouched back with her arms crossed against her chest and how her jaw just clenched a little more when she was silent.

“Miss Jones, I assure you unfairness has nothing to do with this matter.”

“I would like that written on paper on my grade please.” Cam was determined and you could see that in her eyes when she challenged the poor teacher to explain reasons for passing her the grade she got. Mahone only glanced at the paper once more before opening it up and starting at the first sentence. “Ok…I’ll remark it for you-“

“Today.” She interrupted stronger than ever making the teacher behind the desk do a double take but gesture to a desk. Cam did nothing but smile at him taking a seat in the almost empty class. I only glanced back at the teacher who had sunk back into his reading. I moved the booklet in front of her neatly typed words. “I need it signed by the end. Principals order.” I shrugged and added when he glared at me I took a seat from next to Cam who was busy touching in the screen of her phone. She didn’t really spare me a glance all too interested with her phone. I was expecting her to at least look. 

The detention was meant to last around one hour, but I ended up falling asleep on the desk. Like I had said, the desks are very comfortable. So I woke up almost 2 hours later to see that Mr. Mahone was too fast asleep on his desk snoring like a choking cat. Everything around me was blurry for a second and I could recall focus on the dimming sky until my eyes caught the clock. It was almost 6 already and I had Cam to pick up at seven. With a low grunt I got out of the desk and walked towards a sleeping teacher. Slamming my hand against the table I managed to wake the poor unpaid man up making him sit up straight reacting to the alarming sound.

“I need it signed.” I yawned passing the booklet to him. He nodded not seeing much and signed where I pointed my finger. A small evil smile appeared on my lips as I filliped the page to the next day pointing at a spare line. “And here.” I smiled making him just reach out and sign it, with another smile seeing how easy this guy is I turned to some more random pages making him sign it all filling in gaps with slow conversation so that he wouldn’t realize much about it. After Mahone had done me a good set of 15 solid signatures, I wished him a good evening and thanking him before escaping that horrible place.

“Dylan?” I heard as I closed the front door into place. I followed my father’s voice finding him on the edge of the sofa with slim glasses slipping of his nose towards the stack of papers he had before him. Intently he was reading while saying, “I need you to come with me to the salon tomorrow so I can drop my car off for repair.”

“Why do you need me?” I asked use to the fact he never asked only demanded and never greeted but stated.

“I don’t have a reason to explain myself to you boy, I said I need you, that’s all you have to know.” Still he never looked up just licking his index finger before flipping the page and scanning the black and white words. With a small huff I turned and was heading for the stairs, I need to let out some steam before leaving with Cam, when I heard, “don’t think about smoking either, I flushed your cigarettes down the toilet.”

Slow blood started to boil within me as I stormed back into the room. “You did what?” I exclaimed now standing right in front of me. “You had no fucking right.”

My father’s hand froze mid turn as he lifted his head slowly to look me in the eyes. “Dylan Parker Gold, you are living under my roof.” He rose to his feet pointing to the ground pulling his glasses off, “you are eating my food and you are taking advantage of my money.” His eyebrows knitted together small anger bubbles started to escape through his ear. “What I say in this house goes, goes do you understand boy?” He was on the verge – “DO YOU UNDERSTAND?” of screaming. There we go just what I needed.

I rushed down the steps into the living room. Mum must have been out of the house or sleeping.

“What it going on?” She asked looking from my dad to me in my unfazed look.

“Whatever.” I muttered just leaving the room and making my way upstairs. I could contradict that ass on so much. First thing was the I didn’t use his money for the fags, I earn my money in the boxing ring but if I told him he would keep me on lock down so that I would have the chance to battle my skills out. I stormed into my room slamming my door shut still hearing my sister try to find out from my dad what was going on. Prick. I tried to rub some of the stress out of my hair before grabbing my towel slinked over my chair and heading into the bathroom.

One refreshing shower later I was waiting by the gates of Cam’s house 10 minutes late. Before I was able to blow the horn, the front door opened and Cam started walking down the path in jeans and pixie top. She’s the only girl alive that wouldn’t get all dolled up at a chance to have dinner with me. That made me smile as I looked down at my clothing taking in my own jeans.

Cam slipped into the car with a soft smile not even greeting me. I watched her reach out for the belt clicking it into place. She was definitely well developed for sure. And that gap between her legs- “A problem?” My eyes instantly shot up from her thighs to her eyes and with a quirk smile I said, “No kiss for the driver?”

A humorous laugh left her before she said, “That only happens in movies or if the driver is sexy.” Ouch.

“Implying this isn’t like a movie?”

Cam leaned in closer, very close in fact, breathing distance. “No.” She mumbled, “Implying that I’m missing a sexy driver.” Her breath was sweet in scent and I could smell soft fresh perfume on her and I think that was the scent of his spray, but I could be wrong since her hair didn’t look placed into perfection. The most beautiful thing that I did see was her enchanting eyes and long branching eyelashes. And just when I thought she was going to kiss me she let out a laugh leaning away. “Come on then before my parents get back how and stick a baseball bat up your ass.”

Mentally I winced before starting the car back up and driving down the road. “Where do you want to go?” I asked fixing my jeans to make some space for my excited buddy in that moment Cam looked at me for a second before laughing. I thought she caught me but that all went when she said, “You’re the one taking me to dinner remember. I just moved here I don’t know the place.” Cam looked away from me as we hit a single red light. It gave me a small window of opportunity to just take in the fact she was letting ME chose where we eat. Laughing I started the car again as the light slowly switched from red to amber to green.

“Casual or elegant?” I asked taking a sharp turn but already knowing this girls answer.

Cam scrunched her nose into a ball, “casual.” That definitely put a smile to my face and Cam noticed as she herself let out a soft chime of laughter before lightly punching me in the shoulder to keep me from smirking. “Don’t laugh. I’m just not the type to want a moonlit dinner with candles and fireworks.”

 “I’m not laughing.” I shook my head even though a sort or permanent smile was stuck on my face. “Just that every other girls would say elegant in a hotel with a paid room close by.” And that was the honest truth, not that I always allowed myself to fall for that,

 “I thought you already figured out that I’m simply not like the rest of the girls.”

 I only shrugged. I had figured that out. I could see that in the way she walked alone. Cam wasn’t the type to push her ass out and sway it from side to side in every males face. But I couldn’t admit it. If I did, would that mean I was paying maybe a little too much attention to my victim? She’s nothing but a play toy and my ticket to getting my money back…all of it.

A/N

Hey guys. I want to apologise that updates have been slow on this book :( I will be now updating regularly every weekend, so that either Friday, Saturday or Sunday (GTA standard time) and as you must have most probably noticed :P, TOS has been officaly entering Watty Awards 2013. 

All support will be apreciated so PLEASE vote, comment and share :* Thank you all so much for already supporting me this far in Cam's journey :* xxx

Megs xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471 10 37
C~She has pulled all of us from the darkness that was consuming us. She took us all away from the pain and horrors we had. And now, she is all alone...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
407 35 33
Camila is a smart, pretty, and wealthy girl and people either adore her, hate her, or envy her. Her father, a gold digger of a step mother, and step...