The Truth About Trinity

By shopinlady

Sequel To Skinny Minnie!!! Trinity has scars. Mostly emotional but physical too. When she finds herself in... More

The Truth About Trinity
Chapter Two
Chapter Four

Chapter three

401 21 8
By shopinlady

I woke up and stumbled out of bed into the kitchen. I grimaced at the sight of broken plates, rotted food, and other unnecessary items cluttering up the counters.  With a wide sweep, I cleared a large space for breakfast.  Another frown danced across my face a UFO (unidentified furry object) skittered among the junk.

I went to the fridge and got out some bacon and eggs and that looked and smelled a little edible.  I found a semi-clean frying pan and took out the butter.  White fuzz and green mold sprinkled across the top.  I gagged and scraped it off until there was no sign of it.  I then took a chunk of butter and flicked it into the frying pan and watched it melt.  I took a few eggs and cracked them into the pan.  I would have added some milk but since you could chew it I decided to pass.

After the eggs were scrambled, I added a few strips of bacon and inhaled deeply as they sizzled and crackled.  Eli drifted in and I smiled as I scooped a big serving onto his plate.  He immediatly dug in.  I sat down ready to take a bite of my eggs when Mom came stumbling in once again bleary eyed.  She came over and looked at me and frowned, "Bills are due."

I nodded.  "How much are they?"

She snorted, "More than you can pay."

"I have last week's paycheck..." I looked away.  No way was I gving her my savings.

Mom nodded.  "Yeah, use that and go to the bank and pay them."

I didn't bother mentioning I had money from this week's pay too.  I went to my room and sat on my bed.  I looked around at the cramped area.  Eli was sitting on his bed looking depressed.

I heard Mom open the wine cabinet and made the decision I had contemplated a few weeks before.  "Eli get your duffel from Mom's closet but be super quiet."

He shot me a confused glance but obeyed me.  As soon as he left I was in motion.  I went under my bed and got our the jar of money.  I had paper bills stuffed inside.  I also got my red duffel and began tearing open drawers.

Eli came back and must have been smarter than I thought because he began copying me.  He even pulled out a pathetic looking piggy bank of his own. 

We worked quickly then I grabbed the bags and told Eli to tell Mom he was coming with me to the bank.  Within moments we were driving.

I did go to the bank but I made a withdrawal.  I took out all my savings.  It wasn't much but it was enough to last a little while.I left Mom's account untouched.  It was a mere 350 dollars if she paid the bills in full.  I for one, would not be paying bills anymore for her.

I got into the car and glanced at Eli sleeping in the backseat with a book on his lap and sighed.  It was time to start over.

____________________________________________________________________________

For those of you who have read Skinny Minnie know very little of Trinity.  This delves deeper so you know exactly what she's gone through.  Hope you enjoyed:)  I'll post the next chapter when I get around to it.  I have school and I know it's not an excuse but since I'm getting a D+ in Algebra, I need to focus more on my top priorities.

Continue Reading