Best Friend's Father

By sparklehaze

Ashton Irwin never expected to fall in love with his son's best friend Luke Hemmings, but that's the funny th... More

Redder than Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
You only want me for my money
I think you'd be great with a sponge
Girl problems
I like the pain
Cloud Nine
shame game
Drama queen
In dreamland
Like some lovesick teenager
Bone crushing
Something anything
Creep
Butterflies
Rainbow
Forever and always
Fancy
Hopeful eyes
Nicknames
Disgust
Happy
Settle
Celebrate
Say
Madly in love
Promise
Forgive
Cry
We never stopped
A/N
His two boys
shame game part 2
Like teenagers
Home
Judge
Play
Figure it out
Gem
Dream
HELP
Epilouge

Cloud of happiness

4.1K 191 100
By sparklehaze

"Charlotte, hi."

"Ashton. May I come in?" Charlie asked with Ethan in her arms.

"Sure. How long has he been asleep?" Ashton asked closing the door behind her.

"Since the car ride, he was up pretty late last night," she said with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Oh well let me put him down. I just finished his room yesterday," Ashton gleamed taking his youngest son who was fast asleep and walking down the hall of his apartment, to one of the bedrooms that Calum and Ethan would share.

He laid Ethan down on the bed and have him a soft kiss before outing the light and quietly shutting the door.

"So when did you finish the room?" Charlie asked as he walked back into the living room.

"Yesterday, I told you that already," Ashton said confused

"Oh suppose Luke helped you," she said but there was something underlying in her tone that Ashton didn't quite catch.

"Yeah, him and Calum helped me loads," Ashton responded going into the kitchen with his former wife following.

"Stop the lies."

"Excuse me?" Ashton asked

"Stop lying to my face. You've been doing it far too long now," Charlie said

"I have no idea what you're talking about. When did I lie to you?" Ashton asked confused as he stood on one side of the island, Charlotte on the other.

"With Luke. Don't act innocent. I know you've been messing around with him," she said venomously.

Ashton visibly flinched.

His heart fell in his chest.

"I meant to tell you," he whispered.

"When? When I was on my death bed?" She laughed ironically.

"It's not what you think," he tried

"No. What I think is that you and Luke have been doing this behind my back for some time now. The two of you lying to me," she said

"I am truly sorry but I wasn't happy in our relationship Charlie. You know that, you weren't happy either and we're both in better places now," Ashton reasoned.

"That doesn't change the fact that you cheated," she said

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you and I never intended to cheat. And with Luke of all people, it just happened," Ashton explained.

"So were you pretending the whole time you were with me? Were you always gay?" She asked with a disgusted look on her face.

Ashton sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I knew I was attracted to men too, since college but it didn't matter because I've never been with a guy before Luke," Ashton said

"So Luke turned my son and husband gay," she chuckled humorlessly.

"It wasn't like that. Stop saying that. Calum is gay because of his own choices and his boyfriend is a very nice boy-"

Charlie cut him off with a scoff.

"I can't believe you. Defending your boyfriend who might I add is only seventeen," she said

"I know that," Ashton sighed. He felt like this conversation was never ending.

"I don't want my son to be around a pedophile that's gay," Charlie announced.

"Excuse me?" Ashton asked offended that she'd think that. And accuse him indirectly of getting sexual with his own child.

"Ash, you're dating a 17 year old and you're gay. My children don't need to be around that kind of environment," she said

"That's my son! I'd never hurt him. And I suppose you don't care about Calum because he's gay so it's okay for him to be here," Ashton snapped

"I don't put anything above you anymore. I'm just trying to make this co-parents thing work because it means a lot to our kids but I rather you dead," Charlie said about to walk away.

"Charlie don't be like that," Ashton sighed hiring his head on the island in frustration.

"You lied to me Ashton, cheated on me, made me look like a fool. You've been screwing around with an underage child for the past few months, a child who's your son's best friend. So yeah, I have every right to 'be like that'," she yelled.

"But you can't deny me my kid, I could talk you to court!" Ashton protested.

"And you think they'll rule in favor of a man who's having sex with a 17 year old boy?" She challenged.

"Charlie you know me, we have been friends for ages you know I'd never hurt anyone intentionally and you know how much family means to be, especially these kids. Don't do this, don't involve a lawyer and court. You take the girls and I take the boys, let's leave it as that."

"Ashton I'm sorry but we can't do this. Jenny hates you. You did that. You caused your child to hate you, don't let it happen to the others," Charlie sighed.

Ashton could feel the tears welling up in his eyes, the immense feeling of what he did was finally sinking on him, bringing him down from his little cloud of happiness.

"Look I didn't mean to make you cry but I just have to think this over," Charlie caved just a little bit feeling a bit sorry for her ex husband.

After all, she did spend so much time with him. She knew him, she knew that family meant a lot to him, she knew he never wants to hurt anyone, she knew deep down Luke was an okay guy.

But she was hurt. Her husband was gay, cheated on her and left her for someone way younger than her. She's scared that he's replacing her, like she was nothing to him.

And this hurt was blinding her.

=•=

"I get if you want to break up," Luke whispered holding Ashton's hand as they say on his living room couch.

"What? I'd never," Ashton whispered heartbroken that his gem would think that.

"It's just that, you're family is important, more important than some boy," Luke said softly

"No. It's just as important as the boy I love," Ashton said smiling a bit.

"I love you too, but I just don't want us to get in between your kids," Luke said

"It won't trust me. I love you so much, I don't want to loose you," Ashton stated coming in for a kiss.

"I believe you then, but do you think Charlie would change her mind?" Luke asked

"Maybe. She's kinda mad so that's why she said all that, when she cools down she'd come around," Ashton said.

"I hope so. I better get home, it's already late," Luke sighed as he detached himself from his dream and gave him a sweet kiss before pulling away with a grin.

"Bye daddy, see you tomorrow," Luke smiled as he put on his shoes.

"Lucky me then," Ashton smirked pulling Luke up for one final kiss before watching Luke walk out the door.

=•=

"You're back late," Luke's mother commented as he walked in.

He could see his father in the kitchen, him and his mother sharing a bottle of what looked like sparkling cider over the table.

"Yeah, I was with Calum. We lost track of time," Luke said awkwardly still not used to seeing his dad around.

Before either of them could reply, he darted up to his room.

"Strange," Andrew commented

"He's been quite secretive lately, I don't know what's going on," Liz shrugged. 

"Maybe there's a boyfriend," Andrew suggested.

"There is. I thought it was Calum but he says it's not," she replied.

"Then Calum is a cover up," Andrew said.

"Maybe."

=•=

Luke's parents are suspicious and Charlotte knows.

This was a big chapter wow, drama only picks up. I can't wait. 

Vote and comment 💖

Updated 3 books in 2 days, I give myself a pat on the back.

Byeeeee💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 450 14
Luke Hemmings was in love with Ashton Irwin. But there are a few problems. One, Ashton was 17 and a senior and Luke was 15 and a sophomore. Two, Luke...
1M 47.5K 34
Ashton Irwin is a hot and famous celebrity that all the people love, look up to, or despise. He's cocky, selfish, and always puts himself before othe...
25.3K 1.3K 43
Luke Hemmings is 18 years old, famous, confused, and lonely Ashton Irwin is 20, far from home, lonely, and as far as most are concerned, no one too...
66K 2.5K 21
Luke Hemmings. Popular, openly gay, excepted, Always happy. Ashton Irwin. Popular yet bullied at home, openly gay, self harm-er, depressed. What...