1. | INDIGO [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someon... More

chapter one: [literal new girl]
chapter two: [heartfelt interrogation]
chapter three: [he likes someone else]
chapter four: [crazy therapist]
chapter five: [stupid purple flower]
chapter six: [blood smells]
chapter seven: [Lydia?]
chapter eight: [finding star wars]
chapter nine: [saving sheriff]
chapter ten: [don't do it]
chapter eleven: [useless]
chapter twelve: [need that necklace]
chapter thirteen: [leave me alone]
chapter fourteen: [first, and maybe, last dance]
chapter fifteen: [a not-so patient patient]
chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]
chapter seventeen: [don't tell him]
chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]
chapter nineteen: [surprises? ice rinks?]
chapter twenty: [ice skate date]
chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]
chapter twenty-two: [lydia protection program]
chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]
chapter twenty-four: [restraint]
chapter twenty-five: [raving regrets]
chapter twenty-six: [i hate you]
chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]
chapter twenty-nine: [only you]

chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]

33.2K 1.5K 2.6K
By sourstiles

" What did my fingers do before they held him? What did my heart do, with it's love?"

      Indigo's POV

   My knees rested against the counter-top of the hospital front desk, feet propped up on the edge of my seat. I chewed the inside of my cheek nervously, feeling Melissa's stare on the side of my head. Burning into me, awaiting for me to throw up my problems.

   "It's-" I huffed, pausing as I fiddled with the t-shirt for the umpteenth time. "It's Stiles."

"Well, what about him?" She asked, leaning back in her chair, arms crossed over her purple nurse scrubs.

     "Him." I groaned, throwing my head back. How in the hell did I think I could talk to her about my problems without telling her my problem?

 "Wow, sorry, could you be a bit more vague?" Melissa furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head. I sighed, turning to her, my feet dropping to the tile floor with a 'thump'.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I- I kept something from him. Something- something I probably should've told him first. And now- I think he hates me. He won't talk to me, will barely look to me-"

        "Honey, I don't mean to completely turn around your argument, but Stiles doesn't hate you." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"That's what Scott said."

    "Maybe he really has been listening to me. . ." She nodded to herself, before taking a deep breath and leaning towards me.

   "Indigo, I'm going to tell you something that everybody's been telling you, and maybe you'll listen to me."

      I nodded, waiting.

      "I've never seen Stiles more- infatuated with someone than with you. I mean, sweetie, you walk into a room and it's like- it's like the someone told the boy he'd won the lottery." She smiled brightly. I just let out a loud whining noise, frowning.

     "Fine, you don't want cheesy?" She scoffed, shrugging. "Fine. Here. This secret- whatever it may be- obviously was something Stiles felt he should've known. And when you didn't tell him- Indigo, Stiles thinks you don't trust him enough. He's hurt, angry, sad, let down- but honey, he couldn't hate you."

   "You really think that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I know that." She smiled softly.

      I took a deep breath, but noticed the look on Melissa's face.

"What?" I asked. Her face didn't change.

    "Do you love him?" She asked. My eyes widened and my eyes fell to the tile floor. I'd never put any- name to it. But, did I now?

  "How do I know?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed. Melissa chuckled, shaking her head.

"I don't know." She shrugged. My shoulders dropped, letting out an annoyed breath. "But-"

        I looked up and her eyes followed, meeting mine. "But I do know that when you are- you'll know."

I gave her a soft nod, thanking her. Melissa shrugged.

   "Just doing my daily duties." She wiggled her eyebrows, turning back to her computer.

   A phone began buzzing, Melissa's, vibrating on the table. She glanced to it and picked it up, hitting the green answer button, placing it against her ear.

She let the person respond, before scoffing. "Scott, do you know how many people I deal with in a day?"

    Melissa rolled her eyes at Scott. "I already talked to the police about this."

She nodded to herself, before pulling the phone away. A picture pulled up, of Matt. What did Matt have to do with Melissa? And why did Scott want to know?

   "Yeah. . . I did. I mean, I remember I stopped him because he was tracking mud in the hall? Scott, what's going on?"

Melissa huffed, pulling away her phone, showing the dropped call. I rolled my eyes.

Her phone buzzed seconds later with a text, from Scott.

     Scott: meet at police station. Will explain.

   "What?" Melissa whispered to herself, shaking her head.

"Mom, come on." I nodded, standing up. "We gotta go."

  "Well- hold on a minute. Go for what?" She cinched her eyebrows, confused. My eyes widened.

    "Well, if Scott says he needs you at the police station- shouldn't we go?" I nodded quickly, hoping I could get her there for whatever Scott needed her for. It's obviously pretty important if Scott's calling her for something, because the last thing I know he wants to do is drag her into this mess.

Melissa looked to me strangely for a minute, before shutting her eyes with a loud exhale, grabbing her bag at the same time. "Fine. Fine. This better be good."

          I clenched my fists in victory, before jogging to the car.

˛

    Melissa and I pulled up to the station, the headlights gleaming on the side of the brick building. She shut off the engine and unlocked the car, both of us stepping out, shutting the doors.

   "What could Scott possibly need me for at the station?" She mumbled to herself. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Best scenario, he hit someone with their bike." I nodded. She furrowed her brows at me.

    "Worst scenario?"

"Worst scenario," I bit my lip warily. "He needs help. Desperately."

    Melissa took a shaky breath but walked next to me. I opened the door, letting her through, into the air conditioned building. The fluorescent lights almost burning, if I hadn't been sitting in the hospital lobby for the past hour.

"Scott?" I called out, seeing the normal deputy not sitting at the desk, fingers tapping away on the computer. "Scott, you here?"

    "Mom? Indigo?" I heard Scott.

"Oh thank god." Melissa chuckled. "I didn't see anyone, I thought-"

    We both saw it. Scott nervously walking in, gun barrel to the back of his head, held by Matt.

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Scott nodded to us. My lips parted, tears gathering. He would heal right? I would heal? Would I? Melissa sure as hell wouldn't.

    "He's right." Matt shrugged, lowering the gun. The click of the trigger sounded twice and the second time, I felt a pierce in my torso and heard a screech from Melissa.

"But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt her." Matt smirked to me. "Or- you."

    "Wait, wait. . " Melissa tried to walk over, but Matt stepped in front of us, raising the gun.

"Get back!" He snapped. Melissa's tears fell as she froze in place.

     "Mom, stop. Please." Scott groaned, holding his gun shot. I tried to sit against the wall, but the wound only moved, making blood gush out more. I wasn't sure about healing, but I sure as hell wouldn't survive with only an ounce of blood left.

"Scott, Indigo-" Matt muttered sternly. "Get up."

     "Scott?! Scott?!" I recognized Sheriff's voice. My eyes widened. He was here? Was Stiles? Was he okay?

    "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Matt screamed, shaking his head. "Now, both of you! Get up, or I shoot her next."

   Both me and Scott quickly began standing up, not wanting Melissa in our state. I know for sure she wouldn't survive this. Scott and I got to our feet, stumbling and keeping our hands against the wall.

"Walk." He snapped, nudging his head toward the hallway the walked out of. I looked to Scott who nodded, and I followed, making sure Melissa followed through as well. And she did, shaking hands and all.

       We walked through the door way and I found two pairs of legs on the floor, and a half-Jackson half-kanima standing next to them. Paralyzed. I recognized Derek and-

Stiles.

  We walked into the room and began going past them and Stiles' eyes quickly met mine, widening. His gaze dropped to the huge red stain on my stomach, fear frozen.

"Indigo." His whisper let out. "Hey, what happened to her-"

     "Shut up, Stilinski!" Matt shouted. "The next one goes in her head."

   I bit my lip and kept walking, where Matt led us to the holding cells, where I found Sheriff cuffed to the wall. His eyes' widened as well when me and Scott walked in, bloodied.

Matt shoved Melissa to one of the empty cells, slamming the bars behind her. She spun around as he locked it, placing her hands on the bars.

   "Please-" She whimpered. "They need to get to a hospital."

"You think so?" Matt nodded.

     "Hey, you listen to me-!" Sheriff started, before Scott shouted.

"Hey!" He stopped their shouting. "Stop. We're all right."

      "No, honey, you're not." Melissa cried.

"It doesn't hurt, Mom." He shook his head.

       "That's because the adrenaline, okay?" She nodded. "Please, just- please, let me take a look at 'em. Please, I can help."

    Matt chuckled and looked to us, angry. "They have no idea, do they?"

"Please." Melissa sobbed. "Let me take a look-"

    "Shut up!" He snapped, getting close to the bars. "If you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through both of their heads."

"O-Okay." She nodded slowly, backing away.

    "McCall's." Matt snapped at us, waving his gun to the doorway. "Back in there."

I sighed, looking to Melissa once more, before turning my body and wincing as I walked back into the room with Stiles and Derek on the floor. Stiles' eyes still followed me, glancing at the bullet wound ever so often.

   "The evidence is gone." Scott looked to Matt. "What more do you want?"

"You think the evidence mattered?" Matt scoffed. "No, no- I want the book."

    "W-what book?" Scott looked at him crazily.

"The bestiary." I whispered out. Matt nodded to me, like I answered a question correctly.

     "And not just a few pages. I want the whole damn thing." He snapped, snarling.

"We don't have it." Scott waved his arms. "It's Gerard's. What do you want with it anyway?"

    "I need answers." He mumbled, nervously shaking his head.

"Answers. For. What." I snapped.

       "To this." He scoffed, lifting up the side of his shirt. His right side was completely covered in scales, just like the kanima.

  All of your eyes widened, seeing it. What was happening?

  "Scott. Follow me." Matt snapped, shoving Scott ahead of him. He left me in the room, dragging Scott somewhere else, before shutting the door.

I shifted my weight on my feet, wincing when it moved the wound. It still hurt like hell, but I could feel my body trying to heal it. I screwed my eyes shut, leaning against the wall.

   Here I was. Bleeding out next to a paralyzed Stiles and Derek, while Melissa and Sheriff were in the other room wondering how we're not passed out from blood loss, and Scott at gun point in another room.

    "Is it healing?" I heard Derek ask. I looked down to my torso, pulling away my hand. Lifting the shirt up, the hole was still there, moving as I breathed heavily. But, it was smaller than before.

"Yeah." I nodded, dropping the shirt and wincing when the cotton brushed against it.

    "Good. Because we're gonna need you." He grunted, pressing his claws deeper into his thigh.

"What? Why?" I hurried, confused.

    "Can't you hear it?" He looked to me. "The Argent's. They're here."

   As soon as he finished his sentence, gunshots fired off and lit up the room Scott and Matt were in. I tried to search but before I could, smoke filled the room, spinning around frantically.

"Scott!" I yelled, cursing when my stomach tightened at the volume of my voice. Jackson stepped in front of our doorway slowly, tilting his head curiously at the smoke.

  Scott jumped out from the smoke, crashing Jackson to the wall. He quickly rushed in to the room, reaching for Stiles.

"Take him, go!" Derek yelled, his arms trying to push him up. Scott pulled Stiles up by his arms, heaving himself under Stiles' arm to carry him. He looked to me frantically.

   "Indigo, the doors!" Scott yelled. I spun around and immediately found it, swinging it open and letting them through, seeing a pissed off Jackson behind us. I slammed it shut, locking it and spun around, seeing another door. I ran in front of Scott and Stiles, swinging this one open. They rushed through and I followed, shutting it behind me and locking it. Jackson busted through the first door, already on his way to this one.

  I rushed to the next one, opening it and letting a struggling Scott with Stiles through, then me. Jackson busted through the next door, already in front of this one. I ran past Scott and Stiles again to the next one, ripping it open and shoving them inside, locking behind us. This door didn't have glass, just a solid door. I heard Jackson bust through the other one, but not yet this one. I backed up in front of Scott and Stiles, waiting for anything. A noise, anything.

    Nothing.

   Scott dropped Stiles into a chair, laying him down. Stiles neck did nothing, letting his head roll back. Scott waited for his body to slip, before fully standing up.

"Okay. Don't move." He pointed to Stiles. Stiles glared at him, and Scott nodded.

    "Sorry. You know what I mean."

Scott ripped the door open and my eyes widened, stepping towards him.

     "Scott, what are you doing?" I snapped.

 "Sheriff and Mom are still out there, with Matt, Jackson and the Argents. I need to help them." He spoke hurriedly.

     "Let me help." I scoffed.

"No. You're not done healing- you're still bleeding Indigo! You stay in here and wait for Stiles to be able to actually stand up. Talk. I don't know- do something. I'll come back to get you two."

      And he left, shutting the door behind him.

  I huffed and shut my eyes, taking more breaths in and out. Light-headed, I stumbled to the nearest seat, another chair next to Stiles'. He still sat the same, no improvement in his mobility.

I lifted the shirt again, seeing the hole was getting smaller. Less blood was falling, but- the bullet was still in there. I chewed the inside of my cheek, knowing I had to get it out. I couldn't heal around it.

   Picking up one hand, I pinched my two fingers together, ready to go for it. It was definitely going to hurt.

"Woah, woah, woah. What- what are you doing?" I heard Stiles freak out.

    "I have to get it out." I quickly said, hoping I could actually do it before I freaked out too and kept a bullet lodged in my stomach.

"What." Stiles snapped, like I was crazy. "You can't just stick your fingers in there Indigo and hope you'll find the magic prize! Look, when this is over, an ambulance can get it out-"

   "How?" I looked to him. "How do I explain when there's no wound that there's a bullet in my body?"

"I- I. . ." Stiles was stuck with no answer. I looked back down to the hole, nearing my fingers. I flexed my torso, preparing for any pain, before I felt my tissue healing. I was forming the stronger I tensed.

   The wound became smaller and smaller, before the bullet appeared at the entrance, being pushed out by the new tissue. It fell, clinging to the floor as the hole sealed, leaving no marks. I heard the bullet roll as it slowed down, stopping when it hit my toe.

   "Did-" I let out a heavy breath. "Did I just push out. . . a bullet?"

"Mhmm. Yep. Yeah." Stiles nodded quickly, shaking his head at the same time, eyes screwed it disgust.

    "Gross." I frowned, pulling the shirt down.

The door opened and I quickly stood up, ready, but when it was just Scott that walked in, I calmed down.

   "Matt's gone." He sighed. "It's clear. Ambulance is outside."

I nodded and waited for him to help Stiles stand. Stiles could almost use his own legs, but lost balance easily. I followed Scott out of the station, blue and red light flashing, making me cover my eyes.

˛

   "Ma'am, and this blood, is this yours?"

I looked up from the ground, glancing up at the woman that was asking me questions.

   "Uh, no. No." I shook my head, leaning against the back door of the ambulance, wrapped in what they told me was a 'trauma blanket'. It was blue and comfortable, but wasn't un-traumatizing me.

"Who is it?" She asked. I swallowed hard, shaking my head.

      "I don't know." My voice croaked. She nodded curtly.

"Well, thank you. I'm sorry someone your age had to go through something like this."

   I almost laughed. Something like this? Something like having my life infected with creatures and being able to heal?

"Yeah. Me too." I looked to her, before dropping my eyes back to my nails, which I picked at constantly. I'm surprised I still had any at this point.

    I wrapped the blanket tighter around me, seeing if that worked. Still nothing. I let it fall off my shoulders to the floor of the back of the ambulance.

   Looking up, I saw Scott sitting on the steps of the station, looking to his shoes. Sheriff was being checked out because I think someone had knocked him out. Melissa had been sitting in her car for the last half hour, doing I have no idea. Stiles was-

   My eyebrows furrowed when I couldn't find him, but soon, my eyes rested on the same blue plaid from the party. His eyes were already looking to me, hands nervously fiddling with themselves. I bit my lip, hoping anything but crying was an option right now.

Stiles began walking. Towards me. His steps were rough and quick. Was he angry? Is he coming to yell at me? The closer he got, the more determined I could see his face was.

    My lips turned down, before I nervously wetted them, standing up.

"Stiles, I can explain-" I stepped forward. But he did nothing. He just kept walking towards me, quickly. I saw maybe 10 feet left.

"Stiles. . ." I tried again, at 5 feet, but the last two strides, Stiles' hands lifted up and held the sides of my face, before his face continued forward, pressing his lips to mine.

    My eyes widened, but I saw his were shut softly. His lips carefully and slowly moved against mine, so smoothly, so easily- my eyes shut in pleasure. A soft breath escaped me in relief, before I did the same, moving my lips against his. Stiles did it again and again, kissing me over and over. My hands themselves rose to the back of his neck, pressing him closer to me. Tilting his head, he kissed me harder and I sighed at how good it felt. His lips were velvet and fit perfectly with mine, moving over each other swiftly like satin on satin. His hands caressed my cheeks gently, fingers getting a hold on both entire sides of my head, holding my lips to his. One dropped to my hip, thumb rubbing through the material of his t-shirt.

Our lips didn't part for so long, I felt light-headed and reluctantly, he did too, and pulled away. Both of us releasing labored breaths, eyes opening at the same moment to meet. His pupils dilated, resizing as they opened to the blue and red of the police and ambulances. A small smile grew on his face, involuntarily making one on mine. Neither of our hands moved.

   "I don't get it. . ." I breathed out. "I- you weren't talking to me and the no seeing me at all-"

"After the rave, after you- after you passed out," He gulped. "I got you to Deaton's and went home. Scott- Scott told me all of what you found out, but I did a little more. I got books, articles, anything that mentioned what you are. I- I know why you didn't tell me."

   "You do?" I raised my eyebrows. He nodded, pushing a strand that fell from my face, out of the way.

   "I could've handled it." Stiles smiled. I cinched my eyebrows, shaking my head at him.

"I couldn't." I whispered. "To- look at you and have you wonder if I have to- have, you know. . ."

    "My blood?" He finished. I nodded.

"Indigo, if there's a way you need to survive and that's me- I'm going to do it." Stiles chuckled.

    "Stiles, I don't want you to think I just need you for survival." I shook my head. He became confused.

   "I need you- for you, Stiles." I finally cracked another smile, nodding. "I need you to help me with fitting in. I need you to help me control whatever I am."

I took a deep breath, before continuing. "I need you to do what you just did. Again. And Again. In the morning, when we see each other, randomly when I'm talking to you. I need you to be with me as Stiles. Stiles Stilinski and Indigo- whatever the hell my last name is. Together."

Stiles lips were parted, speechless. Eyes searching my face, flickering back and forth. I chuckled.

  "If that's oka-"

His lips pressed to mine again, making me smile against his lips, which made him do the same. I puckered and kissed his smile, making him laugh.

   "You told me to kiss you while you were talking." He mumbled, pressing his forehead against mine. I hummed, shutting my eyes for a moment.

     "Yeah. I did."

A/N:: 

  is anybody else's life complete right now? because i feel fantastic.

it finally happened you guys! how much do you love me? lmao, isn't stiles the cutest. aww lol but hey they're finally together! tell me if you liked how i did it or if it sucked lol. go ahead and scream success to the comments lol

    love you guys and tell me how you liked the chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 143K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
9.6K 172 14
Aira Kael just moved back to her hometown of Beacon Hills, California where she is reunited with her best friend Scott McCall and her secret crush St...
2.5M 49.5K 64
Tessa McCall is bestfriends with brother Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. One night, the three of them go looking for a body. Well, their lives cha...
59 5 7
Rutledge Byrnes - better known as Ruth - has lived in Beacon Hills her entire life, having met Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski when they were littl...