Playing Jacks

By MommyMagic

**Winner: Licking River Writers Contest** After five years away, Jacks returns to reclaim his life- only to f... More

Introduction
i. Life's a Bitch
ii. Life is Like a Grindstone
iii. Life is Like a Box of Chocolates
iv. Life is Full of Regrets
v. Life is a Puzzle, part 1
v. Life is a puzzle, part 2
v. Life is a Puzzle, part 3
vi. Life is Dangerous. Let's Ban It. Part 1
vi. Life's Dangerous. Let's Ban it. Part 2
vi. Life is Dangerous. Let's Ban It. Part 3
vii. Life's a Trade. Part 1
vii. Life is a Trade. Part 2
vii. Life is a Trade. Part 3
iix. Life is a Lie, part 1
iix. Life is a Lie, part 2
iix. Life is a Lie, part 3
iix. Life's a Lie, part 4
ix. Life's a Search
x. Life's a Tease
xi. Life's a Race, part 1
xi. Life's a Race, part 2
xi. Life's a Race, part 3
xii. Life's a Game We're Meant to Lose, part 1
xii. Life's a Game We're Meant to Lose, Part 2
xiii. Life is Pain, Princess
xiv. Life- In Overtime
Acknowledgements
Also by MommyMagic: Sibling Nation Series
Also by MommyMagic: REMNANT

Teaser

4.7K 66 22
By MommyMagic

Coming Soon:

We All Fall Down

To Be Released: ????

It’s the kind of heat you push through, the humidity dragging against your body as if you wade through thicker stuff than atmosphere.  Even now, with the sun safely nestled somewhere far beyond the horizon, there is no relief from the oppressive heat.  It’s a physical presence that smothers the weak.

Carnival lights strobe in carefully choreographed patterns to tinned music, the gaiety mocking the dead bodies strewn over the black asphalt.  Mopping his brow with the sleeve of his shirt, Agent Peter Callan sinks into a crouch beside one and tilts his head to inspect the teenager.  On the other side, another man kneels.  The suit coat and tie was abandoned long ago, but his police badge is prominent on his belt.

“Think it’s the same person?” Detective Schubert asks.

Callan purses his lips and, using the tip of his pen, moves aside the girl’s long, blonde hair.  The bullet punctured her not in the chest, but closer to the neck.

“The boy,” Callan asks, nodding towards the dark haired teen sprawled about five feet away. “Head shot?”

“Right through the eyes,” Schubert reports, his expression turned down into a frown.

Callan sighs, his eyes tripping from body to body. “Yeah, it’s the same guy.  Three victims.   All teens.  Girls get shot in the throat or chest.  Boys get their brains evacuated.”

Mouth dry, the detective stands and looks over the abandoned carnival.  “Three killings in three days,” he grunts.  “Just what we need.  Atlanta’s got a serial killer.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 89 28
love can indeed be cruel ,to wake up and find out that your husband has been cheating on you and worse has stolen your four year old son to be with h...
5.1M 117K 55
New release! (( This book is a sneak peek at what is now available on Amazon and FREE on Kindle Unlimited! There are 5 chapters available for you to...
17.9K 1K 27
NANOWRIMO 2019. NOVEL ENTRY. DRAFT. NOT EDITED. Jane Cohan was in a car accident and rushed to the hospital. Nearly on the brink of death, she was sa...
5.4K 602 47
Will is a slut. At least, according to everyone else she is. With a past that both defines her and won't let her go, Will has had enough of the name...