Denying Love for the Enemy (L...

By cloudeight

A love story between two women - both great warriors and enemies in battle. Rina possesses great skill with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue

Chapter 12

16.8K 483 12
By cloudeight

Hey guys, Thanks so much for the g'lucks on my exams!  They aren't done yet, but soon ~

I found some time in between to write a bit.... (procrastination)  XD

A New Friend

POV Rina

A whole two days have passed since our 'fight'.  I roll around the dojo floor, bored and lonely from deprivation of Yuuna. I told her that I'd given up on her...but those are just hollow words.  I can't get rid of this strong attraction.  But, I refuse to beg and continually ask for requited feelings.  If she doesn't want me, then that's that.  I sigh in frustration.

I need to get out of here!

I get up and peer outside the dojo.  Getting an escort, besides Yuuna, is going to be difficult.  I look around and see Lady Shima's guard walking by.  What was his name?  Ta...Tacky? Nono, obviously not... Taki! That's it!

"Taki!" I yell and wave.  I don't really know him, but he's my ticket out of the dojo.

He gives me a questioning look, before slowly approaching me.

"Yes? What do you want?" he asks, keeping a little distance.

"Are you busy? Would you be kind enough to be my escort for the day?" I act friendly.

He gives a lot of thought...and hesitation before nodding an okay.

"I will take you around until early evening.  I have other business at that time."

"Fair enough, thank you." I respect his wishes.

We begin to walk in the village direction.

I try to make some small talk, seeing Taki as the silent  and cautious type. 

"Sooo... when did you become a soldier?" He's scruffy, but he still has a handsome face.

"I earned a place in Lady Shima's army at 21 but became her personal guard at 25." He says in a matter of factly tone.

"I see..." I try guessing his current age.

"I'm now 29," he says, knowing he read my mind.

"Oh!, you're quite accomplished! Are all soldiers this young?" I wonder.

"Not at all, there are only a handful. Yuuna is probably the youngest however."

"Oh, cool." I look away and try to hide my dying curiosity to know her age.

"She's 22," once again he smirks. So she's one year older than me....Anyways, this guy is really something else...

"I swear to the heavens, you have ESP!" I point a finger at him.

"ESP? I have what?" He finally shows some expression other than 'stoic.'

"Extra Sensory Perception. You pretty much know what people are thinking. You're like a mind reader." I wiggle my fingers mystically.

"Hahaha, you are very odd Miss," he laughs deeply.

I'm a little surprised but really happy to hear his laugh.  He's like a giant teddy bear! He'd probably make a great older brother, I smile to myself.

We walk and enjoy our conversation a little longer. I notice the day getting darker.

"I must take my leave now, Miss," Taki gives a slight nod with the head and turns to leave.

"Okay, thanks for today! Feel free to visit tomorrow!" hoping that he actually does come by because I actually really enjoyed talking with him.

"Then you better have some snacks for me." He laughs his deep laugh and walks away.

I feel my spirits brighten at this new found friend.  The people at Hanabi village sure are interesting.

Caught Red Handed

POV Michelle

I restlessly wait until I see most of the lights go out in the camp.  I open my tent and look around for a coast clear.  I sneak out quietly with a small candle light to Master Eros' cabin. We're marching off into Hiratana outmatched and I don't want to have more bodies than patients in the aftermath. Something about this whole situation seems fishy and I need some answers.

I pass by his sleeping quarters to his private debriefing tent, where all important documents would probably be kept.  I place down my candle and begin rummaging through all the loose stacks of papers for anything suspicious.  My heart's thumping out of my chest so frightened of the possibility of being caught.

 POV Sarah

Our bodies are mingled together.  He begins to move more vigorously as he's about to reach his limit and I simply wait for him to finish.  I've been sleeping with him on and off because he's so easy to get into bed.  Tonight I thought he would be a better distraction to my endless thoughts of the war....and of other things or persons.   I just can't seem to get into my usual easy-going rhythm again and it's not like me at all.  I sigh as I hear him finish.  He moves my blonde locks of hair out of my face.  He lowers to kiss my lips but I turn so his lips plant on my cheek.  He looks at me annoyed and rolls over beside me onto his back.

"Seriously, Sarah, I really like you," he says.

"Sorry Mark, I told you no strings attached," I brush his feelings off. He gets up angrily and begins to put his clothes on.  

"Shit Sarah! Why does everything have to be about sex?! I guess no one can break away that stone of a heart you got." He spites and leaves the tent.

I put my arm over my eyes wondering why the hell people get so emotional even being told specifically not to.  It's not like I don't give fair warning that I don't want a relationship. 

I sigh and look for my own clothes.  

I've been sighing a lot lately.   Okay, so I'm all about the fun, but lately, sex is strangely not so fun anymore.  That's really bugging me because I'll have to find a new hobby and I'm sure as heck not planning to take up politics with the Masters.  

I fully dress myself and walk out of my tent to breathe some fresh air.  Then out in the darkness, I see a small candle light..... wait....is that Michelle?

Suddenly I feel a slight charge of energy.  If someone can entertain me, it's Michelle. Maybe I just gotta go after harder prey...

I decide to play detective and follow her chirpily.

POV Michelle

Damnit! I can't find a single thing.  Calm down, calm down.  I don't get it! Eros knows we're going to die and there's nothing that says why. I grab my hair in frustration and begin to wonder if we're all just expendable pawns to Orthion.  Then I suddenly hear footsteps and a small light heading towards this room!  Shit!  I look for a place to hide but everything is just open space.  I put out my candle and stand there hoping to almighty that they just pass by.

I can see the silhouette of a man behind the fabric of the tent.  I see him about to walk in when I hear,

"Master Eros!" Sarah calls.  "Crazy that I'd find you out here in the middle of the night."

"Yes, well Captain, I wanted to read through some documents," he replied restlessly.

"Hmm... sleep isn't coming, is it?" Sarah says sympathetically.

"No, I'm afraid not."

"Well, you're in luck Master because I heard that chamomile tea puts you to sleep like a rock. Instead of papers, I think that'd be a more relaxing solution.  I can tell one of the men to bring some to your sleeping cabin," Sarah persuades.

"Hmm... alright. I did a good job hiring you as Captain!" he laughs and I see his candlelight fade from the tent.  Sarah, you're a saviour! I think to myself.

 I expected to see Sarah also walk back to her tent but instead she bursts into the tent I'm in and looks angrily at me.  She grabs my arm and pulls me out far from the campsite, towards the direction of the woods.  Once we are far from hearing distance, she abruptly turns around.

"What the hell are you doing Michelle?!" Sarah says in a harsh whisper.

"Well...I...was trying to find out why we we're heading into battle..." I say timidly. I've never seen Sarah so visibly angry.

"And what did you expect to find!? You know if he caught you, he could have done some terrible things!" Sarah says apprehensive.

"I know, but..."

"There is no but!!" She crosses her arms. 

"Let me finish what I have to say!" I finally step up eye level with her and decide to play fire with fire. "So you want me to idle around and watch as everyone in this campsite dies!? I'm a freaking doctor.  I try to prevent deaths, not let them happen!" I yell at her.

"You snooping around is not going to help anyone! It'll only get yourself hurt!" She yells back.

"Well that's me doing something!  I don't care about my life when so many others are on the line, you selfish prick!"

She looks at me disconcerted.  I think I should've refrained from calling her 'selfish' because she really isn't.

"There are others who care for your life." She says firmly and walks away back to the campsite, ending the argument. 

"That's not fair...." I say to myself as I watch her leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 49 14
A Female Sora fic- Taking place during the first game; Sora has been oblivious to the depths of Riku's feelings since they were kids, but an adventur...
409K 22.3K 51
Royal Rose (Book 3) WARNING G!P book Natalia is in pain. She even thinks she might be dying, but with this pain, she is secretly struggling to stop t...
37 0 11
Exiled half-elf Solana grapples with her new life among humans, while Conwenna, a mercenary, attempts to find meaning beyond war. Updates intermitten...
172 19 17
Merlinda and her friends are back on their journey. The only difference is that a new person has joined the group, Prince Jace of Flamis. Merlinda wa...