Dark Paradise (Camren)

By alrenreguiaf5H

You have your moral and your principles above all, you follow the law, you pay every tax. And by divine inter... More

Little Note + Summary
Serial Killer (1)
The message and drinks (2)
The Cop (3)
Balans (4)
The Hunt (5)
I wanna use you... And abuse you (6)
Hot Beach (7)
Scopolamine (8)
Choices (9)
The Interrogation (10)
Guns and fire (11)
Family business (12)
You're not alone (13)
The rehearsal (14)
Sex (15)
Crossroad (16)
You have to stop (17)
Disappointments (18)
Escape (19)
Angel (20)
Make love to me (21)
Hurricane (22)
Haiti (23)
Medical report (24)
Second day (25)
The other (26)
Discovery (28)
The re-encounter (29)
Clarifying (30)
Curse in disguise (31)
Sister (32)
All I Want (33)
Be my girlfriend? (34)
I'm lovin' your skin (35)
There's no forgiveness (36)
Let it all go (37)
Close to you (38)
Maniac Polaroid x Deputy Cabello (39)
Bad blood (40)
Family (41)
Dinner (42)
Seduction (43)
Veromani's engagement (44)
He's gone (45)
The website (46)
The beginning of the end (47)
Russian Roulette (48)
Decisions (49)
Ramon (50)
Threats (51)
Truce? (52)
Veromani (53)
Britt (54)
I can kill you (55)
04/01/2019 (56)
Déjà Vu (57)

Know that I'm here (27)

18.3K 720 2.7K
By alrenreguiaf5H

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to "Heart Like Yours" by Willamette Stone :)

-----

POV Lauren Jauregui

*Three months later*

3 months have passed since the last time I visited Camila in the hospital. But I was always informed thanks to Dinah, Ally, Vero and Mani.

I returned to my old hobby, but of course, I had to change a lot of things, not only the method, but also my choice of victims. I have to admit that my dark side only surfaced due to lack of hope. Camila was the only one who controlled me and understood me, even not knowing who I am. And now, after so long in that hospital bed without any reaction, without any sign that she could wake up, I was hopeless and living with the little humanity I had left.

I stopped going to the hospital, I just send gifts sometimes. My heart for some reason was hurting and getting increasingly weakened in that place. I decided not to see her anymore. It was a good decision. It didn't make any difference anyways. Spending hours at her side without being sure that she was listening or that someday she will wake up, was only destroying me. I moved on, I went back to work at the club the next day. Halsey and I were strangely getting along well, she was a little nagging, bossy and incredibly talented, we had more in common that I expected.

It has also been 3 months since I haven't spoken to Taylor, she texts me almost every day and it was through her that I found out that my father was hospitalized a few times, and in the same hospital that Camila was. But I didn't bother to go see him, in fact, I haven't bothered with anything at all. I've only devoted myself to music, it's the only thing that has made me feel good in these last few months.

I turned on the TV on a random channel, but something caught my attention. In a newscast they were talking about the brutal murders that have taken place in these last few months. I brought a spoonful of cereal up to my mouth, my eyes were focused on the news. The taste of the cereal along with the milk almost made me moan.

"A series of murders have left the population on alert. After the disappearance of the Maniac Polaroid, we have a new kind of maniac. The police didn't reveal if the murders have a pattern or some kind of method, they also didn't say if there's any connection between the two maniacs."

I let out a nasal laugh, bringing another spoonful of cereal up to my mouth. I turned off the TV, a cynical smile was playing on my lips.

The police didn't reveal anything because they don't know absolutely anything.

I try to be humble, but it was inevitable not to think that I'm more intelligent than the entire Miami Police Department. Pitiful in a sense.

-----

As an everyday habit, I woke up to go to the flower shop. Walking by some beautiful flower arrangements, I saw the woman who worked there tirelessly every day.

-Buenos días, Maria. – I said smiling, and delicately the woman turned to look at me.

-Lauren, sweetie, long time no see. – she said obviously joking, since I've been coming to her establishment every day for the last 3 months.

-I brought you some coffee. – I said extending a closed box in my hands.

-Sweetie, you know that I don't drink that crap. – she said feigning irritation – Come, have a seat, I'll serve you some real coffee.

-I'm kidding, Maria. I brought those doughnuts that you liked the other day. – I said laughing and watching her disappear from my line of sight in slow steps and waving impatiently at my joke.

The smell here was always very good, the atmosphere was fresh and the conversation with the old lady was good for me. I sat down on the old chair that was there near the table. This chair has been my favorite place for the last 3 months.

Within minutes, Maria brought a cup of coffee for me and another for her. Gently she handed me mine and sat on the rocking chair in front of me.

-How are you? – she asked.

She's been asking that every day, in fact I heard that question every day, but nothing compared to Maria's, she really cared.

-I'm fine and you?

-Ramon has been a pain in the ass. – she said like it was obvious.

-He's an adorable kid.

-Take him then. You don't know what you are saying. – Maria said and I laughed.

Her sense of humor was enviable, she was in her eighties and she was good-humored and wouldn't stop working for a single day. Ramon is her grandson, he's six years old. She takes care of him since her daughter died in a car accident with her husband. Ramon was always very polite to me, in fact he loved me, or the doughnuts that I brought for him. Weird, right? I managed to fill Camila's absence just by knowing this little family.

-Aunt Lolo! – the little boy shouted when he saw me.

-Hey champ, your grandma is here telling me to take you with me. – I said picking him up and sitting him on my lap.

-She says that to everyone who comes here. – he said hiding his face in my neck.

-I don't need to take you, I just have to bring doughnuts and you are mine. – I said tickling his belly under his shirt.

The little one writhed in my arms and I stopped when I noticed that he was out of breath.

-You already know what to do, right? – I asked and he nodded his head.

Coincidently or not, Mrs. Maria's flower shop was right next to the hospital that Camila was in. Since the first day I come here, Ramon takes the flowers to the hospital and asks for them to be delivered to Camila's room.

-We'll be right back, Mrs. Maria. – I said and got up with Ramon on my lap.

I went to the entrance where Maria had already left the flowers that would be delivered to Camila and grabbed the bouquet, going towards the hospital entrance with Ramon.

-This one is bigger than me. – the little one grumbled when I handed him the bouquet.

-Stop being grumpy, take this one and I'll give you a doughnut as big as you. – the boy's greedy eyes almost popped out of his face, then he turned around quickly and clumsily walked to the hospital's front desk.

I couldn't enter that place anymore, I was defeated. But while she's in there, I will send her flowers every morning so that she has me closer to her, so that she knows that I haven't forgotten her.

-Lauren? – I heard the familiar voice behind me.

-Dinah. – I said hugging the brunette.

-You came to bring the flowers?

-Yes, how is she?

-You know, the usual... But there's something I need to tell you, I was going to call you to have dinner today, but since you are here, I'll tell you now.

-Where's my doughnut, Lolo? Well, not a normal doughnut, but a giant doughnut. – Ramon said with his hand outstretched.

-And this midget? – Dinah asked, messing with Ramon.

-I'm not a midget! – he seethed.

-Does he bite? – Dinah asked looking at me – Hey little guy, you're very nervous.

-Dinah, leave the boy alone. – I said laughing – Look, wait for me here, I'm going to take him back to his grandma and we can go for a coffee, then you can tell me everything.

-Okay, then I'm going to see Camila and I'll call you when I leave.

-Deal. – I said looking for Ramon's hand so that we could get out of there.

We returned to the flower shop and I handed the doughnuts box to Ramon who disappeared with them. I sat back in the chair and Maria was still there.

-You should stop thinking about those things, sweetie. – she said seriously.

-What things?

-You have a good aura, Lauren, but you also have a bad one.

-We all do.

-Does it make you feel good?

-Maria, I don't understand.

-Destroying the man who did that to the girl who you bring flowers, would it make you feel good?

It was amazing how Maria was something more than just a simple old lady.

-You have no idea.

-I can see who you are, you do the wrong things for the right reasons, just be careful not to turn into one of them, you don't deserve it.

-I have to go. – I got up abruptly, that conversation had left me dizzy.

The truth was that since I came here she got right the reason why I went there, but I ended up thinking that it was pure luck, because the flower shop was right next to the hospital and it's kind of obvious why someone goes there.

-Lauren? – she called me and I turned around – Don't make plans for today. – I looked deep into Maria's eyes and she didn't seem to be there.

God, how many legends I've heard about Mexican witches, but like I said "legends", until now. Maria was one, there was no doubt. But anyways, she was a white "witch", she only did good.

I just nodded and left the establishment.

-----

-Dinah. – I caught the woman's attention, who had just finished a phone call.

I approached her cautiously, preparing myself for some bad news involving the Latina.

-Lauren. – Dinah almost whispered.

-Is everything alright, DJ? You look haggard. – I asked visibly worried, Dinah smiled weakly and shook her head – Don't lie, I know something's wrong. Did something happen to Camila?

-No, Lauren. – Dinah sighed, shaking her head – She remains the same, it's just...

Dinah's eyes began to water and I couldn't help myself, I pulled her into a hug that was promptly reciprocated.

-Shhh, Dinah, calm down and tell me what's going on. – Dinah rested her chin on my shoulder, her sighs indicated that she was crying.

-Lauren. – Dinah pulled away from me a little to look at me – It's almost certain that I'll be promoted to Deputy.

Now I understand the reason why Dinah's like this, no one anymore has hopes in Camila's recovery.

-Lauren, I feel bad, of course it's a dream of mine, but it's my best friend's job. She's there in a coma, without giving any signs of improvement and I'm here without being able to help her, just stealing her job.

-No, Dinah, you are not stealing.

Dinah shook her head, lowering it. I took a deep breath and brought both my hands to her face, lifting it and making her look at me.

-Dinah, listen to me very carefully, okay? – Dinah nodded her head – When Camila wakes up, she will be very proud of you, she will wake up and she will thank you for still coming here even without hope, for maintaining order in the precinct. Don't feel bad for this opportunity. And don't ever say that you aren't helping her, because you are, and a lot.

Dinah stayed for a while looking at me, sneaky tears still streaming down her face. With my hand, I wiped them, and in doing so I woke her up from her trance.

-Thank you, snow white. – Dinah flashed a smile – Thank you for your words and for being at our side.

-You don't need to thank me, okay? You can always count on me. – Dinah pulled me into a tight hug that made me groan.

-Has Sinu been coming to the hospital?

-No, to be honest, I don't think anyone has. Sinu calls me and I update her. – she sighed – Rob has been coming more often, of that I'm sure.

-Do you have hope? – I asked feeling my heart compress, I mean, compress even more, because since everything that happened at Sté's house, I've been feeling an absurd fatigue and a pain in my heart as if it was imprisoned.

-It has been 3 months and we haven't heard anything, Lauren. I don't know what to say. – I just nodded – I wanted to talk to you about that. I've seen Rob a lot in these last few days, he decided to postpone the wedding and he asked for my help to cancel everything that was already prepared.

-What do I have to do with that? – I asked ruder than expected.

-Anyways, he said that Camila's assets are blocked.

-Which is obvious.

-Let me finish. – she said already impatient.

-Well, he told me that since everything's blocked, even the money she has in the bank, and since the hospital is a private one and one of the best... – Dinah made a painful pause – He will transfer her to a public hospital, he said that he has no conditions to keep affording it all, especially for an "indefinite period".

-Dinah. – I said already waiting for her to say that it was all a joke, but she remained silent.

-I have no conditions either, Lauren. – the brunette said already starting to cry in front of me again – At least not now, when I'm promoted, maybe I can.

-Tell me that that's a lie, Dinah! – I said angrily – DINAH, TELL ME THAT IT'S A LIE.

-It's not. – the woman sighed and her crying began to increase – He's a son of a bitch, Lauren, he can afford it, he just doesn't want to.

-Dinah, give me his address please.

-What are you going to do? – she asked tearfully.

-Don't worry. – I put my hand on hers and squeezed it – I can afford it, I can afford everything, I won't let anything happen to Camila, Dinah, I will not. – I smiled weakly at the brunette who already controlled her crying.

-Promise that you'll punch that asshole?

-I promise. – I said laughing.

-----

After talking to Dinah, I went straight to Rob's house. That motherfucker will pay for this.

I rang the doorbell, one, two, three times. I heard voices, but I didn't care. Rob opened the door, he was shirtless and not wearing any pants.

As if in a blink of an eye, I palmed my hands on his chest and made him fall on his ass on the ground. I entered the apartment and closed the door.

-Are you crazy? Coming to my house and attacking me like this? – he asked indignantly still on the floor.

-Shut the fuck up! – I said walking from one side to the other – How dare you?

-Rob, what is... – I heard a voice die down, I recognized that voice – Lauren? What are you doing here?

I turned around slowly to look at Taylor, she was only wearing a shirt, probably Rob's.

-I can't believe what my eyes are seeing. – I said through clenched teeth.

-I'll let you two talk. – Taylor said almost whispering, but in long strides I approached her and grabbed her arm.

-No, you will stay and hear everything, you little bitch. – I seethed and threw her on the couch.

Taylor was already in tears.

-Lauren, get out of my house. – he said calmly.

-Not before you hear everything that I have to say. – I said and placed my hands on my waist, my breathing was heavy and my heart was racing – How dare you, you fucking ass? How dare you transfer Camila to a public hospital, just because you don't want to spend your fucking dirty money?

-Rob, you did that? – Taylor asked and in her voice tone she showed disappointment.

-I didn't do anything.

-BUT YOU WANT TO! – I shouted.

-Lauren, I'll pay. – Taylor said and I turned to her, my urge was to scrape her face on the floor.

-You'll pay? – I asked and she nodded her head frantically – YOU WILL PAY? – I shouted and saw her shudder in front of me – You are pathetic, Taylor. I pity you.

-Don't talk to her like that, Lauren. – Rob approached and grabbed my arm.

-Let me go, you asshole! – I said turning around abruptly and hitting a full punch on his nose with my right hand – You two disgust me!

I took a deep breath, I was about to explode.

-When Camila wakes up, she will find out about all this. – I said heading towards the door, but before I saw Rob whimpering because his nose was bleeding.

-You are fucking crazy, Lauren, you'll pay for this.

-I hope you don't do any shit, you have your cards up your sleeve just like I have mine. – I whispered keeping my eyes fixed on his.

-Is that a threat, Jauregui? – Rob asked, I could feel his eyes glaring at me, he was burning with anger.

-Just a warning.

-Bitch. – that's what I heard last before slamming the door with brutality.

God! I hated that asshole so much.

When I got into my car, I felt a colossal burning in my hand. FUCKING HELL! I waited a little for my emotions to cool down so that I could start the car. I went home, a lot of things had happened today and I needed to rest before going to perform tonight.

-----

I walked through the Twilight's doors, leaving behind Miami's fresh atmosphere to give way to the stifling heat. The club was crowded, couples and singles everywhere. I crossed the crowd of people, stopping all the time to greet some "friends". I approached the counter where Normani and two other bartenders were working quickly, preparing the best drinks of Miami. I sat down in an empty stool in front of Normani, and even though she was concentrated on preparing some drink, she noticed my presence.

-Hey, Laur. – Normani said finishing the drink and handing it to the blonde next to me, who coincidently was Britt. She grabbed the drink, but at the mention of my name she turned to look at me.

-Hi, baby. – she said taking a big sip of her drink.

The blonde approached me, putting her free arm around my neck as her body accommodated itself between my legs.

-Hi, Britt. – I said and smirked, Britt smiled back and inched her face closer to mine, but I turned it on time, leaving the blonde hanging – Normani, give me two shots of Whiskey with two ice cub...

Britt's lips on my neck made me lose focus. My hands automatically went to her waist. Her mouth was cold because of the drink, her lips ran up my neck until reaching my mouth, where she sealed her lips to mine. The longing to have someone in my hands was big. I hadn't been with anyone since that day at Sté's house. Britt's tongue asked for passage and I promptly gave in, initiating a calm but deep kiss.

-I suggest that you two eat each other someplace else. – Halsey's voice made me smile between the kiss, and I finished it with a bite on Britt's lip.

-What a killjoy, Halsey. – Britt said and turned to the woman with a frown on her face and a little pout on her lips.

-Laur, here you go. – Normani called me, making me turn around to grab my Whiskey.

-Lauren! – Normani grabbed my hand, stopping me from grabbing the glass, and held it, analyzing the bandage that was around it – What did you do?

-I... Well... – Normani was looking at me with her raised eyebrows and with that face that said "I know when you are lying so don't even try" – I... You see, the things is...

-Baby. – Britt whispered close to my ear, making me lose my focus, her mouth bit my earlobe.

My eyes closed automatically with the shiver that ran through my body.

-I wanted you so bad today. – she continued whispering – But today I have work stuff to solve.

Britt pulled away from me, my eyes opened to look at her better. Even with the dim light it was possible to see the smile on her face.

-I know that I never missed one of your shows, but I really have to go. – her smile gave way to a pout.

-Alright. – I answered suspiciously. Britt never missed one of my shows, her apartment could be on fire and she would still be here.

-Then I'm going. – Britt inched closer to me and sealed her lips to mine, but soon pulled away – Bye, girls.

Normani and Halsey said goodbye in unison before Britt disappeared in the middle of the crowd.

-Lauren, I wanted to talk to you about you changing the repertoire. – Halsey seethed.

-It's only today, I'm asking please and you know that I don't usually ask.

-Alright, but only today, I like things black and white. – she said taking a sip of her Whiskey.

That was another thing that Halsey and I had in common, drinking, she was a good company.

-Weren't you the one who said you didn't drink on duty? – I asked laughing and she frowned.

-You don't give me another choice.

-Okay, let's go to the dressing room. – I said and Halsey promptly followed me to it.

I fixed my hair and marked my eyes with a black eyeliner. I was ready.

-Lauren, do you mind singing alone today? – Halsey asked and I turned to the woman behind me.

-Why?

-I don't feel very well, I shouldn't have drunk so much. – she said laughing and I accompanied her.

-Okay, just take a cab and go home. I'll take care of things here. – the woman just nodded and grabbed her things – Just text me saying that you got home okay.

-Worried about me? – she asked arching her eyebrows.

-Not really, I just don't want to be accused of being reckless for not driving you home myself safe and sound. Now get out of here. – I didn't have to say it twice and Halsey disappeared from my line of sight.

It wasn't the first time that she asked not to sing and the left. Maybe it was time for her to go to the doctor.

-Lauren, shall we go? – Troy said upon entering the dressing room and I just nodded.

It's show time.

-----

Everyone was loving the songs as always, I felt alive with each applause, with each shout, with each chorus accompanying me.

-Attention, my friends. – I said after finishing a song – There's a song that I want to sing today and well, it's a little out of what I usually sing here.

I heard some shouts and made a pause until they stopped.

-I want to dedicate this song to a friend who is in a difficult time, the name of the song is Heart Like Yours.

More shouts echoed through the environment. Only Troy and I were on stage.

Third Person POV

Lauren found it necessary to take a deep breath before beginning, she needed to control herself, her crying was clearly stuck in her throat, but the song began smoothly. The first words slid from her lips as if she already wanted to tell them for a long time.

*(Play song)*

* Breathe deep, breathe clear

Know that I'm here

Know that I'm here

Waitin' *

Memories of Camila in that hospital bed made themselves present in Lauren's mind with each letter sang by her.

* Stay strong, stay gold

You don't have to fear

Waitin'

I'll see you soon

I'll see you soon *

The last sentence was said by her almost like a promise, not to her, but to the Latina. The audience was quiet, or it was what Lauren thought. In front of her the crowd had disappeared to her surprise, but it was only a trick of her mind.

* How could a heart like yours

Ever love a heart like mine?

How could I live before?

How could I have been so blind?

You opened up my eyes

You opened up my eyes *

That known feeling by the green-eyed brunette began to settle, her raspy voice faltered with each sentence said. Lauren was having trouble breathing, feeling her heart squeeze. She took a deep breath again, seeking strength to finish what she had started. It seemed the worst idea to her. Singing to Camila had brought her the best memories she had with her, and that was messing with something unknown to her.

* Sleep sound, sleep tight

Here in my mind

Here in my mind

Waitin' *

On the other side of the city was Camila, confused and trying to understand, trying to react, wondering why she didn't have control of her body. Opening her eyes was now a matter of honor. The Latina wondered why she had so much difficulty in moving.

Lauren was singing to an audience who didn't understand her motives, she was singing and feeling her heart that before seemed to be crushed inside the tiniest bottle ever made, shattering it into pieces. Lauren sighed in relief, feeling that incredible feeling that took over her body, she felt like crying and she didn't stand on ceremony, she let the stubborn tears wet her face, but she didn't stop singing. 

* Come close, my dear

You don't have to fear

Waitin'

I'll see you soon

I'll see you soon *

Camila, with all the strength she had, was trying tirelessly to open her eyes, trying to find out what was happening around her, something was blocking her, was it possible to be stuck in a dream?

Lauren finished the song before it came to an end, she couldn't handle it anymore. The without reason and crazy happiness that she was feeling wouldn't leave her. She felt that it was time to go back to see the Latina, she didn't understand the reasons why she stopped seeing her and she was cussing herself a thousand times for having made that decision.

She thanked the audience still hearing the notes coming out of Troy's guitar. Even with the song's abrupt interruption, the audience applauded tirelessly.

-Troy, I need to go, I need to see Camila.

She said without shame for letting the tears fall.

-Is she okay?

Her friend asked worriedly. Lauren knew that she was, something inside her was telling her that she was. And she's been trusting her instincts a lot in the past few months.

-I'll keep you updated.

Lauren left running towards the parking lot. Seeing Camila was her plan tonight and nothing would stop her. She got into her car and drove it to the hospital as if her life depended on it. Some ignored red traffic lights tonight would be just a few more to add to her collection of infractions and she knew that of all of them, this was the smallest.

Camila, tired of wandering in her own mind looking for answers, decided that she would keep calm, she needed to be calm actually. She could hear the silence being broken by a beeping noise, she wanted badly to know where she was, but no effort that her memory did gave her clues.

POV Lauren Jauregui

Why the hell do I feel like my heart beats now? Why am I feeling Camila's scent again? Why is this without reason and crazy happiness leaving me with this silly smile on my face? All of these questions had answers, but I needed to seek them by her side, the place that I should never have left empty.

I parked in front of the hospital and went to the front desk. I had stopped crying, but that didn't mean that I no longer wanted to cry. I was just controlling myself.

-Good Evening, I'm here to stay the night with Ms. Cabello as her companion. – I said to the usual receptionist at the front desk.

-Good Evening, just sign here and don't make any noise, the patients are already sleeping.

I grabbed the pen from her hand and nodded my head frantically in agreement. I aimed the pen at the visitors' book and only then I could see how nervous I am. My trembling hand resulted in a crooked and blurred letter.

-Thanks. – I answered out of breath and almost ran towards Camila's room.

I stopped in front of her room. It was closed as usual. I stood for long seconds just staring at the door until making the decision to open it. There was hope was screaming in my chest. Then I touched the cold doorknob and the thought that she might be cold took over my thoughts. I turned the doorknob and a dark room was revealed to me.

The spark that was ignited, waiting for something that even I didn't know what it was, went out. Camila was immobile, her expression serene. I turned on the light and I could see that my flowers were scattered throughout the room, giving life to it. I actually felt stupid now. For how long are you going to wait for something different to happen, Lauren? I ran my hand through my hair and then closed the door.

-Why did you do this to me, Camz? – I whispered, approaching the bed where she was – You look even more beautiful today.

A smile tugged at my lips. I sat on the armchair that was there beside her and held her cold hand.

-Are you cold?

I took off my jacket and placed it on top of her fragile body.

I held her hand again and brought it up to my lips, depositing a sequence of kisses, and I felt my face wet, I was crying again. FUCKING HELL! The silence was excruciating. In fact, the world to me has been silent since I no longer can hear her voice. The world has been black and white since I no longer can see her brown hazel eyes. My body has been dead since I no longer can feel her delicate touch.

* Breathe deep, breathe clear *

I hummed the song that only a few minutes ago I dedicated to her.

* Know that I'm here *

-Come on, Camz, you can do it.

It was so stupid how many tears I was letting fall, but I wasn't being able to control them anymore.

* Know that I'm here

Waitin' *

I whispered the song, I no longer had the strength to go on. I looked at Camila, nothing made sense, I wanted to go back in time and not have fallen in love with those eyes since the first day I saw her.

I was wishing that everything turned into dust, when an almost imperceptible touch made my whole body stiffen. I could have sworn by everything that is sacred in the world that I felt Camila lightly squeeze my hand.

-Camz! Camz! – I said desperately and got up, running my free hand through her soft hair – Please, did you do that? Camz, please, do it again, I'm here.

As if to answer me, she squeezed again, only harder this time.

My heart was going to jump out of my mouth. I didn't know what to do, I could only cry. I wanted to scream.

-Camz, tell me that this is not a dream.

My body was shivering and I couldn't move, any movement that she did I'd know. Camila then squeezed my hand again, harder and without letting me go.

-Oh my God, Camila! I love you so much, baby, everything will be alright. I'll be right back.

My heart was racing so fast, the tears fell violently down my face. I ran to the door, opening it abruptly.

-I need help over here, please, somebody! – I shouted in the hallway and soon a nurse, who was walking by, ran to assist me.

-What happened? – the woman asked worriedly.

-I... She... I... She... – I was stuttering too much, I couldn't speak a coherent sentence.

-I'll see what's wrong. – she ran to the bed and I accompanied her.

-She moved. – I managed to say after taking a deep breath and controlling my crying.

-Are you sure about that? – she asked, turning to me.

-I am, I swear. – I approached the bed again and held Camila's hand – Camz? Camz, show her, baby, let us help you.

Camila squeezed my hand again. The nurse got emotional just like me and then left the room.

-Everything is going to be alright. – I ran my free hand on her face, caressing it.

Camila turned her face slowly, almost in slow motion.

-Camila? Camila, can you hear me? Look at me.

Her eyes were opening and God, I was so grateful. The brunette turned to face me and I could see those hazel eyes that I missed so much.

-Camila, is everything okay?

The tears rolled violently down my face. The brunette opened her mouth and tried to say something, but nothing came out.

-Shhh, don't make too much effort, everything will be alright.

The door opened and two nurses were accompanying Lívia.

-Lauren. – Camila's voice whispered my name and my heart started beating so fast.

I turned to the brunette again and a nurse pulled me away from the bed, making my contact with Camila break.

-No! No! I want to stay with her. – I tried to get closer, but Lívia's hands held me.

-Lauren, calm down. – she said, taking me to the corner of the room – They are just going to see if everything's okay with her.

-But I want to be close to her, you can't do this to me. – I said anxiously, trying to contain the tears that were streaming down my face.

-Call someone, a family member or a friend. Soon they'll let people visit her, but now you need to leave. – she said holding my arm gently and guiding me out of the room.

Lívia closed the door.

There I was, having a second chance, a chance to do everything different. I didn't know why, why me of all people, but I was having a second change and I wasn't going to waste it. Having Camila back is everything that I've been asking for the last 3 months. For 3 fucking months. And now I have my Latina back and I will not let her get away.

I'm not good at having feelings for someone and if this is happening it's because Camila brought it out of me.

-----

NOTE: LAUREN LOVES CAMILA! And we all know that Camila loves Lauren ;) dfghjkkjnh I love this chapter so much. Hope y'all loved it too. Can't wait for you guys to see what will happen next. I'll update tomorrow again ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...
929K 4.6K 4
When Camila Cabello moved into an apartment, she thought she came prepared. But of all the things she expected, being thrown into Lauren Jauregui's p...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...