Everything Changes

By esoteric918

The sequel to It's Complicated. Life throws curveballs. Casey Anderson knows this, but can’t seem to get a b... More

Everything Changes
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 2

89.7K 1.5K 68
By esoteric918

I woke up in my room not remembering much, like usual. When I drink with vampires, I usually black out an hour or two after I get there. They can sure pound away alcohol and I just wanted to keep up. 

I took a shower to freshen up, then went downstairs to the kitchen. Nursing hangovers was becoming the norm for me. I could go on through my day with them now. Amanda was cooking pancakes. I quietly walked in. Brian was looking at Amanda from the counter like she was the most amazing thing in the world. I was jealous. I wanted to be wanted, loved that much.

"What's up love birds?"

Amanda looked back and smiled at me. "Happy birthday!"

I smiled, "Thanks."

Brian smiled, "Give me a hug."

I walked over and wrapped my arms around his stomach. "The pack is coming over tonight. You'll be there."

I sighed, not happy at all. They were the last people I wanted to see on my birthday. "Don't make me hate you."

Brian let me go, with a smile on his face still. I wanted to smack that smile right off of his face. Amanda turned back to cooking, humming along with the music coming through the radio.

"You still smell like vampires. You need to scrub that off before they get here." They all hated vampires. I don’t know what it is that makes them hate the vampires so much, but they do.

I rolled my eyes. "They aren't so bad once you get to know them."

Brian chuckled, obviously amused that I was defending the vampires. "That’s until you meet them outside of here. Then you're just dinner to them." He looked me in my eyes. "They're just seducing you into their ways so they can turn you."  

I rolled my eyes. "They don't want to turn me."

He shook his head, "That's why you're with them every night, laughing, kissing and fucking them." He was disgusted. I could tell from his voice, even if he didn’t want to admit it.

I glared. "That was low."

He looked at his wife. "But still true." He muttered.

I went upstairs and scrubbed off the scent of vampires. After breakfast Brian sent me up to the bathroom again because I didn't get it all. I stayed home with Amanda. We watched TV most of the day. She must have something close to a cleaning obsession; she kept the house sparkling clean.

When the phone rang, Amanda got it.

"Hello?" A pause. "Oh Hey Conner." She looked at me. I shook my head, "No, they’re both not here right now." She could lie over the phone, and sometimes tell white lies to Brian. She was good at it. "I'll tell either one to call you when they get back." She laughed, "What time you are guys due here?" She looked at the clock. "3? Brian doesn't get back until 5. If Casey's not back, I'll be there." She smiled, "Alright bye."

She dropped the phone on the cushion beside her.

"So, do you want to come with me?"

I shrugged, "If you want me to."

She smiled, "Please?"

"Okay."

It was 2:30 when I got my lazy ass off the couch. I needed to change into something decent enough to convince my brother I was happy here. I'd wait until later tonight to make Grayson squirm when he saw me in the miniskirt. I tugged on heeled boots before walking out of my room in tight jeans and a nice shirt.

Amanda drove the huge SUV to the meeting spot. We moved a lot so we just met them at the spot. It was a diner with the best sandwiches. Amanda parked the car and our heels echoed through the parking lot. We waited 10 minutes before I saw the head full of hair I knew as Conner made its way towards us. We left the money on the table and met them. He had only ordered drinks because we had no idea how much time we’d have.

He hugged Amanda, then pulled me into a hug. He was staring at my bright red hair.

“That is some bright hair.” He lifted me off of my feet. “How've you been birthday girl?”

I forced a smile, “Fine.” The rest of the pack followed Conner. “Let's go.”

Conner took over the driving situation and Grayson took over my seat. Amanda and I sat quietly in the backseat. I didn’t want to even look at Grayson. I was too bitter. He could have called. He could have kept contact with me.

The SUV they drove here would be following us. I really didn't miss this.

When we got to the house, I went to my room after grabbing a soda from the fridge. I didn't want to hang out with the pack. I wanted to hate them. I wanted to be rid of them, so I separated myself from them. At 7, my bedroom door opened. From the shadow I knew it was Brian. I turned around.

"What's up?"

"Dinner time."

I sighed and sat up. We were probably going to go to a Mexican restaurant, since it was my favorite type of food when I was growing up.

"They’re leaving in the morning, probably before you get home."

I nodded, "Good."

I pulled my untamed hair into a ponytail before putting on heels again.

"Are we going out?"

He nodded. I put on some makeup then hopped into the car with Brian and Amanda. Screw the rest of them. Chris and Mason decided to come in our car.

"You look good Casey."

I looked at Chris with a small smile on my face. "Thanks Chris."

He nodded and smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I see you've finally managed to get some muscles."

He smiled, "Yea." He flexed to prove the point.

"Maybe you'll finally be stronger than me." I teased.

Mason and Brian both chuckled. Chris tightened his grip around my shoulders while smiling.

"I'm just kidding." I squealed playfully before he squeezed too hard. When wolves aren’t around humans, they forget how easily we break.

He kissed my forehead. "You better. Cause then I'd have to kill you."

"Whatever." I looked at Mason, "So. When is the pack bullshit going to be done?"

Mason shrugged; he didn’t even bother looking at me. "Eventually."

"That sounds very promising." I stated sarcastically. I couldn't help it.

He slowly turned his face so he could glare into my eyes. He had two faint scars on his right cheek. He looked like he could tear my head off right now just to get me to shut up. His attitude definitely changed since I’ve been gone. He used to be nice.

My eyes were glued to his only because I hadn't seen that anger in so long that it hypnotized me. The wrath of an angry werewolf was amazing to watch. I'd forgotten that. Mason’s eyes slowly changed from his normal beautiful green eyes to the amber color of his wolf. Chris forced my head down.

If he hadn't Mason might have decided to put me in my place. It would have been his right under pack laws. Though I couldn’t believe he’d do more than threaten me.

Brian sighed, "Give her a break Mason. It's been a while."

He growled something out too low for my hearing and turned his vision out the car's window again. It was going to be a hellish night.

I stopped off at the bathroom with Amanda while the boys went to the table. While I was waiting for Amanda, I located the guys through their distinctive laughs. After all this time I could still put a laugh to each one of them.

When we got to the table, I sighed. There were only two spots open at the table, one next to Grayson and the other on the opposite table next to Brian. I definitely wasn’t going to be sitting next to him.

“Go to Brian.” I told Amanda when she hesitated. I grabbed the back of the chair next to Grayson and easily dragged it to the other side of the table. “Move or I’ll make you.” I sweetly smiled at the boys. They all just smirked. They didn’t believe me. How could a girl my size move werewolves?

So I carried through. I looked around the room and then all at once, I moved their chairs over one place. No one really noticed, well, that or they were in disbelief of what their eyes saw. I really didn’t care. I put my chair in the spot across from Amanda with an accomplished smile.

Amanda was smiling just about as wide as I was. The guys were all shocked at what I did. No one really brought it up while we had dinner.

Note::

The next upload won't be until next weekend probably. There's a lot going on, and I am very much a closet writer. Sorry!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 7.6K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...
1.5M 46.5K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
280K 6.1K 37
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
33.3K 236 3
BOOK ONE: ARRANGED "Melinda 'Mellie' Mulcahy thought she was entirely ordinary until her mum was murdered in a home invasion and she is sent to live...