Married to the Prince of Dark...

By angeltwist

Amelia Hayden is busy senior at college with no time for boys, parties or fun. This all changes one Halloween... More

Author's Note: The Great Edit of 2014/15/16
Troubleshooting Chapter (read if you're having trouble viewing chapters)
Copyright
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16a
Chapter 16b
Chapter 16c
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18b
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22b
Chapter 22c
Chapter 23
Chapter 23b
Chapter 24
Chapter 24b
Chapter 24c
Chapter 24d
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 B
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28b
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31b
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34b
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39b
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41b
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 45b
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49b
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77 (re-upload II)
Chapter 78 re-upload
Chapter 79 re-upload
Chapter 80 re-upload
The story isn't over...
Preview of Married to the Vampire King
Special Announcement

Chapter 76 reuploaded

352K 18.7K 1K
By angeltwist

Hi angels,

I have a couple of things to tell you.

Firstly, I will only be writing normal length chapters now. I loved writing long chapters for you guys when I had the time, but I now no longer have the time with my new job. If I decided to keep writing long chapters then I just wouldn't get a weekend and my life would suck. So this is me getting that right balance!

But, don't get too bummed out. MPD is coming to an end. I imagine there is only two-three chapters left. So don't get too sad about not having long updates :D

Secondly, I will be taking down My Bloody Fairytale in the next week or so. Please don't panic, I will be posting it back up when MPD finishes. It's just so I can start editing it and making it connect to the rewrite opposed to the original story. If you were to read it now after reading the rewrite, it won't make sense. The new version I have planned is going to be a million times better than the old version, so be sure to wait for it!

Finally, thumbs up to all the Whovians who loved my Dr Who reference in the last chapter! I didn't realise so many of you guys read my books. Please let me know who your favourite Doctor is in the comment section below - I loved David Tennant ;D

**********

Please remember to vote, follow and comment!

**********

This week's dream cast is by T J!

Luc - Tyler Hoechlin

Mia - Emilia Clark

Jacques - Aaron Taylor Johnson

Casper - Garrett Hedlund

Nico - Jamie Bell

Louis - Ian Somerhalder

Henrietta - Rooney Mara

Celia - Clare Bowen

Laura - Holland Roden

*******************

One last thing...

DO

NOT

POST

SPOILERS

IN THE

COMMENT

SECTION

IT'S A CRAPPY THING TO DO AND PEOPLE HATE IT!

SPOILER COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED!

SO DON'T DO IT!

Thank you <3

******************************

The earth quaked and above me, I could hear the sound of stone mausoleums cracking and breaking. A distant thought drifted into the back of my mind – the crypt was about to collapse – but I stayed on the ground, staring up at the dark ceiling, still stuck somewhere between the living and the dead.

I breathed in.

I needed to get up.

I needed to stop Luc.

I tried to get up, but I was too weak. I had lost too much blood to move. My skin was virtually white from blood loss. I shouldn't be alive, but somehow I was. I had no idea how long I had been out. The pool of blood around me was ice cold by the time I had woken up.

I rolled onto my front and began clawing at the ground. I grabbed on the floor and dragged my body across the cold, dusty passageway, heading towards the exit. The walls shook around me, and I could see great cracks starting to streak across the vaulted walls.

I was so tired, so hungry, but I knew that I had to get out before this place fell in on itself.

I inched forward at a snail's pace, making my way from the corridor back into the crypt. On the far side of the room, I could see the staircase that led to freedom, and I began making my way slowly towards it. I crawled through the mud and over the dead bodies to the edge of the staircase and began pulling myself up the stairs.

A large tremor suddenly violently shook the whole building and I panicked as large chunks of the ceiling started to rain down on me. The building almost close to collapse and I needed to get out now.

I let out a cry and tried pulling myself up the stairs faster. I pulled myself up each step with what little strength I had. For a second, I was certain I wasn't going to make it, when above I heard the loud scraping noise of the trap door being opened, and then a soft feminine sigh, "Ah, there you are."

Lifting my head, I made out the outline of a woman in long dark cloak staring down at me. She ran down the stairs and lifted me into her arms effortlessly. The building began to collapse down on us, and she whisked us out the building at blinding speed.

We reached the garden and turned around to see a large dust cloud pluming up into the sky as the mausoleum was reduced to rubble.

I breathed a sigh of relief and whispered, "Thank you."

My strange rescuer laid me down on the snowy grass and whispered, "Don't thank me yet, you are barely alive."

"I think I need just a little blood," I replied weakly.

She raised her wrist to my lips and said, "You need more than a little. Here, drink this. It will help."

I took her wrist and bit down. Her blood flowed into me, filling me up and strengthening me. I drank deeply, taking as much as I dared. After a little while, she gently tapped my shoulder and said, "Leave a little for me to live on."

I immediately stopped. "Sorry, I was so hungry, I didn't think-"

"It's okay," she said patting herself down, "You don't need to apologise. I'm just glad you're okay."

Wiping a bead of her blood from my lips, I asked, "How did you know that I was down there?"

"I was visiting my brother's grave when your friend Celia asked for my help," she replied pulling a silk scarf from her pocket.

"You saw Celia?" I asked.

She nodded nonchalantly, wrapping the silk scarf around her bleeding wrist.

"Who are you?"

My question threw her and for a couple of moments I watched her hesitate. She seemed not to want me to know who she was, and for that, I felt kinda of bad for asking. But after a couple of seconds, she eventually said, "My name is Sally."

Sally? Was it her real name, or fake name? There were plenty of Sallys in the world, and without her last name, she would be a hard person to track down.

I respected her privacy and said, "Well, thank you for rescuing me, Sally. I wouldn't have made it out of that building alive if it wasn't for you."

She anxiously looked around the graveyard and said in a low voice, "I must go now, but your friend is coming."

"My friend?"

I looked up at her questioningly and then heard a voice.

"Mia!"

I turned my body around to look in the opposite direction and saw Jacques running towards me. He was covered in snow, blood and dirt, and was half running, half limping towards me.

I turned back to Sally but found no one there.

Getting up onto my feet, I glanced around the graveyard and found no one here, except for me and Jacques.

What the hell - where did she disappear off to in a hurry?

I took a step forward but heard Jacques behind me.

"Mia, you're alive," he cried. "Luc said you were dead."

I continued to stare out across the empty graveyard and replied, "I was dead, but now I'm alive. I don't know how, but I'm alive. Where is Luc?"

"Oh shit, Mia. Luc lost it. The moment he thought you were dead he just lost it. The ground started shaking and he started talking crazy. I tried to stop him, but he threw me against the stone wall and that was it for me. Lights out. I think Casper went after him, though."

"Where did he go?" I replied.

"I don't know, but he was ranting about the court. He kept talking about justice and punishment. I don't what the hell was wrong with him."

"Crap. He must be heading to the court. We need to stop him before he does something stupid."

"Or before Casper kills him," Jacques added darkly.

"Come on, let's go," I said grabbing his hand and running out of the graveyard and towards the court.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 74 13
(Completed Book One đź–¤) They're sinful. Beautiful. Deadly. And more dangerous than the wolves who hunt us in the woods. Three Vampires rule our wo...
6K 409 32
Recommended reading the first two books. ALPHA LUNA It can be read as stand-alone if wanted though. (Some references may be confusing) *EDITING* Mia...
34K 5.9K 187
Celeste's life is far from the enchanting fairy tale one might expect from a princess. Her father, a ruthless and self-absorbed king, leaves a trail...
515 71 12
Avyanna Mira was considered a precious Saintess of the South. Avyanna was born between the Sirens, Ariana Esperance and Pope Henry Francis. She has t...