The Secret Room (Completed)

By CoraStar_

"I smile. I smile full of brightness. I watch as everyone stares at my beauty in wonder and awe. I hold my h... More

The Secret Room
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Commentary
Update
New book!!! Billionaires War

Chapter 8

12K 422 63
By CoraStar_

Chapter 8

Kyle didn't know how to take the news. Anastasia is the daughter of Nevada's Govener, Jameson Dylan.

Kyle and Kelly had Adam search for any trace that they might have a news article or something that could have told them that Anastasia was missing, but they found nothing. No news article, no nothing.

Kelly and Kyle sit in his hotel room on the small table with papers filling on top of each other.

Kelly frowns in thought. She runs her fingers through her red hair and takes a deep breath. "It makes sense how they would hire Detective Bernard, but it just doesn't make sense about the lack of information on Anastasia or the lack of information of her disappearance. If Detective Bernard somehow got into the system and erased any evidence of the Dylan's daughter then it could only mean one thing."

Kyle was thinking the same thing. "It means that they could have been involved in her disappearance. That's why they hired Detective Bernard. Who could be better to erase all the information without leaving a trace? Detective have the files opened to them whenever and wherever. It's like a perfect crime."

"A perfect crime that's been under the radar for seven years. No, I don't think one Detective could do that alone. If its Bernard he must have worked with someone."

"Well, if the Dylan's are involved that means that Xavier would take a role in this as well. We don't know who he could be working with."

Kelly nods. The case is so intense, but they need more evidence to get an arrest warnent. The witness herself isn't with them because of a little girl that's trapped in the house. They have close to nothing, but she has a feeling that there's something that they aren't looking at.

An idea popped into her head. She grabs her phone and dials Adam. "What is it? Like three in the morning? I love-hate my job right now." He whined.

"Adam, I need to search Xavier Dominic and tell me all the information you have again." Kelly ordered.

"You're hot, but I hate it when you order me around. Not even a 'Hey, Adam, why don't we go out to dinner?' Its always 'Adam do this. Adam do that.'" He whines like a little boy. Kelly blushes.

Kyle rolls his eyes. Can Adam not make it more obvious that he's attracted to his partner? "Adam, get to work. Listen to Agent Smith." He order.

"You both are lucky that I have access to the system in my beautiful home." He comments. "Okay, here we go. He's graduated from Harvard, Yale, University of Michigan. He's on of the top known doctors in the nation. He has no criminal record or any military background. He is also known to be involved in a lot of polictial matters. Oh, and he's also a lawyer."

"He's a lawyer. You didn't mention that before." Kelly commented.

"I didn't see it. Its mixed with him being a famous doctor."

Kyle frowned. "Can you bring up his client list?"

"That's documented by him only. It really wouldn't be in the system unless he's had a criminal record involving him being a lawyer. What I can do is google him. He's like a celebrity, I could easily find articles of him."

Kelly and Kyle heard him type away.

After about ten minutes of Adam searching he finished.

"What did you find?" Kyle asked?

Adam took a deep breath through the phone. "I think you guys should see this. I'm emailing you the link, Kelly."

Kelly quickly opened her laptop and logged into her FBI email account. She opened Adam's email and double clicked on the link.

A new window popped up. It was an article of Xavier. The heading is 'Dominic wins the case'. Kyle leaned over and read the article. When they finished they were both shocked.

The article tells in detail how Xavier Dominic was prosecutor in the name of Jameson Dylan in a trial where the Govener's accountant has been robbing money from him. Dominic was hired by his close friend to win the case. A picture of Jameson Dylan and Xavier Dominic in a best friend embrace shows on the article.

"They are close." Kelly stated. Kyle just nods.

"Ummm... There's something you both need to take a look at." Adam said through the phone.

Kelly's opens the email that Adam just sent. She double clicks on the link and a new window opens.

"It's just a picture of a fund-raiser party." She stated.

Kyle took a close look of the picture. Jameson Dylan appears in view. He's shaking the hand of some politician. That's not out of the ordinary. "What do you want us to look at specifically, Adam?" He asked.

Adam let out a sigh. "For being top FBI agents, you sure are slow. Look at to the far right of the picture."

Kelly and Kyle took a look and gasped. On the far right corner is young Anastasia with a nervous smile and Xavier Dominic. With body language the two FBI agents could tell that he was pulling her towards the double glass doors.

"The picture was taken in the annual fund-rasier that the Dylan's throw for orphans. It's dated July 2, 2004."

Kelly does some calculations. "That means that Anastasia was fourteen at the time."

Kyle nods. "She said that she was kidnapped seven years ago."

"She was kidnapped in the fund-rasier. On July, 2, 2004." Kelly took a breath and told Adam he was done. With a click the line went dead.

"We have a picture that doesn't show much struggle in her part. We have a witness. We also have the disappearance date. And we still can't make an arrest." Kyle said.

Kelly grinned. "Actually we can. Holly Andersen is with Xavier and Anastasia. We have witness that prove it. If we get the parents to take part in this and have them fly in then we could make an arrest for kidnapping Holly Andersen. Then we have to interrogate Jameson Dylan for involvement in Anastasia's kidnap."

"You're right. We can get an arrest warent by tomorrow afternoon." Kyle stated.

They both smiled. They are coming close to the end of the case. All they need is to fly in the Andersens and then everything could fall back into place. Hopefully they aren't too late.

Anastasia is feeling much better. She needed to buy time so Kyle could come and save her. She does everything Xavier asks her to do. She's even gone to more events with him. It's been two weeks since she has seen Kyle and her hopes are falling, but she knows that he wouldn't give up. Kyle just doesn't come off as that kind of man.

She's been gaining Xavier's trust throughout the days. She never had a need to pretend to Xavier, but she has now. When he takes her out of the secret room. She fake cries that she missed him. She even kisses him with passion. Xavier hasn't even gotten suspicious. He enjoys her change of mood towards him.

Two nights ago she told him that she didn't want to sleep in her cold room. She told him that husband and wife should sleep in the same bed. He nodded and told her with a smirk that the only way she would be able to sleep with him is for her to give her body freely. And although it disgusted her, she bit her lip and agreed. She did everything he liked and he was more than satisfied. Now she sleeps with him in his room, but she can't go anywhere because he locks it from the inside with a key he has.

She has also convinced him that Hailey should go to one of the events with them. At first Xavier refused, but after her telling him that the girls at the country club are getting suspicious that Hailey isn't seen, he agrees.

They now enter the double doors of the country club with Hailey grabbing on to her hand.

Before going through the next set of double doors she nods to Xavier and leans down to Hailey. "Remember to be a good girl. Be nice and no talk about what happens in the house, you understand?" Anastasia warns. "And call him daddy. Will you do that for me?" She begs.

Hailey just nods. "Yes, mommy."

Anatasia gets up and fixes her long ivory silk dress. "You see? She won't say anything. I've already warned her." She tells Xavier.

"I trust that she won't. If she does then it would be hell for her." He threatened.

Anastasia flinched at the thought. Hailey moves closer to her. She's obviously scared of Xavier, but everyone else will take it as her being shy.

They go through the double doors and make their entrance. It's the same as always. Anastasia is eaten alive with looks from lustful men, and Xavier is admired by lustful women. To everyone they are a wonderful couple. If they only knew the horror the man next to her is.

They are greeted by collages of Xavier that take an interest in Hailey.

"She looks just like you Priscilla." One of them commented.

Hailey moves a little behind her ivory dress. Her own dress is the same as her supposed 'mother' but its more fit for a child. "She's a shy one, huh?" Another man commented.

Xavier chuckles. "Hailey takes it after her mother."

She's learned to understand Xavier, so she knows that's her que. "I am not." Anastasia laughs and playfully slaps his chest. The men laugh. Anastasia knows she should leave the men alone so she leans up and pecks a kiss on Xavier's lips. "Excuse me, I'll sit with the ladies." She grabs Hailey's hand and leads her towards a separate table away from surprised Xavier and the ladies.

Hailey sits nest to her. She stays quiet.

"Hailey. Please smile for mommy. You don't want Xavier to be mad, would you?" Hailey shakes her head and fakes a smile. "That's my girl." Anastasia lightly kisses her forehead.

She orders a glass of water and a juice for Hailey. Gina Periwinkle and the rest of the ladies notice her and make their way towards her table. Gina reaches them first.

"Priscilla, I have no seen you in a while. Since the mixer I believe." Gina greets her. "Look what we have here. Hailey, how are you feeling?"

"She's feeling fine. Thank you for your concern." Anastasia covers.

"Oh, she looks exactly like you, Priscilla." Janice Henson commented.

"Just a doll." Rosemary Fredrick stated.

"I haven't had the pleasure to meet the child." Beatrice Thomson said.

"Such a beautiful child. It has to be Xavier's child." Helen Jenson's red head came into view.

Anastasia never liked the woman. She was snobby. Well all of them except Gina are, but Helen is the queen of sobs. "Of course it's Xavier's daughter. He is my husband." She defended.

"It was just a statement, dear. No need to look into it." Helen said.

Anastasia just nodded.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Haily said quietly. The ladies all awed. Her heart broke a little as Hailey stared hungrily at a piece chocolate cake someone not far away was eating. Xavier didn't feed them well and unlike her, Hailey didn't get feeded well once in a while because she was almost never let out of the house.

"Sure sweetheart." She called the waiter and ordered the chocolate cake. Hailey ate in silence as the ladies fussed over her. After half an hour the ladies started to gossip except for Gina who looks at her with wonder.

Anastasia was just about to ask Hailey if she wanted anything else with the double doors opened. Men dressed in all black with black vest that had SWAT stamped on it same in. They surrounded Xavier's small group. Kyle came into view. He scanned the room until his eyes landed on her. He ran towards her and placed her behind him. She grabbed Hailey behind her.

"What's going on?" She asked him. He escorted her to a red head agent that is dressed in black like Kyle.

"Kelly take them into the van. I'll stay here and arrest him."

"Will do Agent Vinx." She said as she leads Anastasia and Hailey away.

"What's going on?" Anastasia repeats. She's scared and it doesn't help that Hailey is crying.

"Ms. Dylan we are arresting Xavier Dominic for the kidnap of Holly Andersen and you."

Anastasia looks back to where Kyle is.

"Xavier Dominic. You are under arrest for the kidnapping of Anastasia Dylan and Holly Andersen. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Xavier's face went all deadly. He nodded and smirked as Kyle finished putting handcuffs on him.

'I will get you' he mouthed to her. Fear rose inside of her. She was led into the van with Hailey. The red head sits right in front of them.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay from now on." She tried to console her.

"You don't know what Xavier Dominic is capable of." Anastasia hugs Hailey tightly as the van speeds off. She knows Kyle kept his promise and saved her, not only her but Hailey as well. Why does she feel that this is just the beginning?

*Hey guys, thank you for reading this story. I promise that I will upload as soon as I can. Meanwhile, will you guys check out this new book called 'wings of a wanted princess' I think it would mean alot for the author if she had more reviews on her new story. Thanks again and I will kidnap- I mean see you soon lol see what I did? im so funny lol jk well ttyl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14 1 11
book one of the "𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍" series "Take another step and I will kill you," he said pointing his gun at me. I take another step not list...
3.9K 229 25
"Naomi I love you," he exclaimed looking at me straight in the eyes. This took me by surprise because we have been friends for so many years and I di...
13.5K 1.6K 28
Vampires exist. And they live amongst us, hidden within the shadows and right under our noses. They are beautiful, forbidden beasts; everything I've...
2.9M 54.8K 34
"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down his jawline. "Even more so that it was was...