Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

由 heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... 更多

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 1 - Pilot

7.5K 77 23
由 heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

Day One

Night - The Woods

Over the fog-covered forest floor, a young man's voice was spoken. "For over a century, I have lived in secret. Hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story."

-

Unknown Road

(Song:) Sort Of - Silversun Pickups 

A couple drove down the street, the man in the driver's seat, his girl next to him. The man had brunette hair, brown eyes and tan skin. The woman had blonde hair, hazel eyes and fair skin.

"An hour's drive to hear that crap," the man told her. "You know, it wasn't even a band. A guy with a guitar. An hour each way."

"He wasn't that bad," the woman told him.

"He sounded like James Blunt," the man told her.

"What's wrong with that?" the woman asked.

"We already have a James Blunt," the man answered. "One's all we need."

The woman chuckled. "So why did you come?"

The man looked at her. "Because I love you."

The woman tilted her head. "Nicely done." She looked outside. There was fog covering the pavement of the road. "What's with all the fog?"

"It'll clear in a second," the man told her.

"Watch out!" the woman screamed.

The warning was too late. The car drove over a man, making the man to act quickly and look at the woman.

"Are you okay?" the man asked.

"We just hit someone!" the woman told him. "Oh, my God!"

"Call for help," the man told her, opening the car door, getting out, closing it behind him, walking toward the man they had hit.

The woman looked at her phone, trying to make a call. "Come on, come on!"

The man knelt next to the one they had hit. "Please be alive! Oh, my God."

The man they had hit leaned forward, fangs in his mouth, biting the man.

The woman opened her car door, getting out, closing it behind her, looking around. "There's no signal! Darren!" Darren and the man they had hit were no where in sight. "Darren?"

The woman shone her flashlight toward the car.

Darren's body fell onto the car with a deafening crash, the windshield breaking.

The woman screamed, turning around, running away down the road. Something unseen pulled her into the sky, the woman never seen alive again.

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

-

Day Two

Morning - Salvatore Boarding House - The Roof

A teenager stood on the roof, his hair dirty blonde, almost brown, his eyes green, his skin fair.

Stefan: (voice over) "I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But I had no choice. I have to know her."

The boy jumped off the roof, landing safely on the ground below.

A girl with medium brunette hair, brown eyes and fair skin was watching him through the window from inside, her style an 'I don't care' way.

-

Inside - Parlor 

The girl turned to look at a man with brunette hair, brown eyes and scruff on his chin, tan skin and a bland style. "What is he doing here? This girl that looks like another from when they were humans? There has to be something else."

"I don't like it either," the man told  her. "But he's not the worst one out of all three."

"You're right, he's not," the girl agreed, gesturing outside where the teenage boy had gone. "But whenever Stefan comes to visit, Damon's usually not that far behind. And we've never even met Kaylin."

"I know that, Nicola," the man told her, growing impatient. "But there's not much we can do about either of them. At least we know Kaylin's not likely to make an appearance, Nikki."

The man walked out of the room, leaving.

Nicola hesitated, looking to the side. "Does that mean I still have to go to school?" The man didn't answer. "Dad?"

The man didn't answer.

Nicola sighed, grabbing her bag from the floor, pulling it over her shoulder, walking toward the door.

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

The oldest of the two girls in the room was lying on her bed, writing in her diary. She had long, straight brunette hair, brown eyes and olive skin, her style almost bland.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be."

The younger girl sat on the window seat, looking out of the window, her diary in her lap. She looked nearly identical to her older sister. Her hair was natural curls, her make-up was noticeable, her style edgier than her sister's, but not too much.

Alex: (voice over) "I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say 'I'm fine, thank you.' 'Yes, I feel much better.'"

The older sister was still writing in her diary.

Elena: (voice over) "I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new." 

Alex and Elena: (voice over) "It's the only way I'll make it through."

-

Kitchen

(Song:) Here We Go - Matt Kearney

A woman with auburn hair in a messy bun, green eyes and fair skin, her style simple, was looking into the fridge. "Toast. I can make toast."

The youngest sibling, a sister, was pouring coffee into a mug, having brunette hair, brown eyes, fair skin, her style dark and in an 'I don't care' attitude. "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna."

A boy walked into the kitchen, his hair brunette, his eyes brown, his skin fair, his clothes emo black. "Is there coffee?"

The sister with the edgier style stood next to Jenna, looking at the youngest sibling. "Pour me some."

"Get it yourself," the youngest sister told her.

The oldest gave her a look. "Liv--"

"Elena, don't start with the whole 'Be nice to Alex and Jeremy' thing," Liv told her, looking from the sister with the edgier style to the brother.

The oldest was Elena. The sister with the edgier style was Alex. The brother was Jeremy. The youngest was Liv.

Jenna walked past Alex to the kitchen table. "It's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared..."

Jeremy took the coffee away from Liv, making it his own.

Liv gave him a what the hell look and gesture. "Dude."

Elena sent Jeremy a Be nice look.

Alex smirked.

"Lunch money?" Jenna asked.

"I'm good," Elena and Alex said together.

Jeremy and Liv walked up to Jenna, taking the dollar bills from either of her hands.

"Anything else?" Jenna asked frantically. "A number 2 pencil? What am I missing?"

Alex smiled, shaking her head, taking a sip from her coffee.

Elena turned her head toward Jenna. "Don't you have a big presentation today?"

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at..." Jenna trailed off, looking down at her watch. "Now. Crap."

Jenna took her hair out of the bun it was in.

"Then go," Elena told her. "We'll be fine." Jenna gave Elena a relieved smile, walking out. Elena turned to Jeremy and Liv. "Are you okay?"

Liv rolled her eyes.

"Don't start," Jeremy told her, walking away, taking a sip of the coffee.

Liv followed him, taking the coffee back. "That's mine, thank you."

Jeremy smirked, both of them walking toward the door.

Alex looked at Elena. "It's okay."

"I just wish I knew what to say to them," Elena admitted. She looked at Alex with a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

Alex sighed, smiling tightly. "I'll get there." Elena smiled. On the TV behind them, it showed a Missing Persons Report for Darren and Brooke, the couple from the beginning. "Come on. We have to go meet Bonnie before we're late and we don't have a ride."

Elena laughed, grabbing her leather jacket, both of them walking toward the door, outside.

-

Outside - Bonnie's Car 

Elena sat in the front seat.

Alex sat in the back, looking at the girl in the driver's seat. "Hey, Bonnie, can we swing by Kacie's and pick her up?"

The girl who sat there had long, straight black hair, brown eyes, dark skin, her style simple, as Alex had said her name, Bonnie. "Why would Kacie need a ride? She has Tyler."

"Exactly," Alex told them in a duh voice. "I know them too well. He's definitely gonna ditch her. Come on."

-

Lockwood Mansion - Kacie's room

A girl with brunette hair, brown eyes, naturally tan skin and a nearly rock-star-type style looked into the mirror, pulling her cheek-length bangs to the side, out of her face.

"Kacie!" a boy called from downstairs. "Leaving now!"

Kacie ran to the door of her bedroom, grabbing her bag, pulling the door open in a hurry, walking out of the room.

-

Foyer

Kacie held onto the stairwell railing, jogging down the hall and down the fancy, half-spiral staircase of her house, through the foyer, to the front door, opening it, walking out.

-

Outside 

Kacie walked out onto the front porch, looking around.

Her brother was pulling away, smirking evilly at Kacie.

Kacie groaned, flipping him off.

The car drove away.

Kacie sighed, sitting down on the porch steps.

Bonnie's car pulled in front of her, the two windows closer to her rolling down to reveal Alex, Elena and Bonnie.

"Hey," Alex told her.

"Need a ride?" Bonnie asked.

Kacie smirked, walking closer.

-

Bonnie's Car

Alex slid over to the other side of the car, behind Bonnie.

Kacie opened the door, getting in, sitting next to her, closing the door. "Thanks."

"Thank Alex," Bonnie told her. "She knew your brother would ditch you."

Kacie looked at Alex.

Alex shrugged one shoulder. "No problem."

Bonnie drove them away.

-

On The Road - Bonnie's Car

Bonnie continued to drive. "So Grams is telling me I'm psychic." Kacie looked at Alex, smirking, rolling her eyes. Alex shook her head, smiling a small smile. "Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, 'Put this woman in a home already!'" Elena looked out of the window to one side of the cemetery. Alex looked out to the other side. Both seemed distant. Kacie tilted her head back against the seat in boredom, closing her eyes. "But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama, and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands..." Bonnie noticed they were no longer listening. "Guys!" Everyone looked at her. "Back in the car."

"Sorry, just wasn't paying attention, Bennett," Kacie told her.

Bonnie smiled. "Clearly, Lockwood."

Elena sighed. "I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie."

"You were telling us that..." Alex trailed off.

"That I'm psychic now," Bonnie answered.

"Oh, come on," Kacie told her. "You've been saying that since last year."

Bonnie smiled. "It's true!"

"Right," Alex said. "Okay, then predict something. About us."

"I see..." Bonnie trailed off.

(Song Ends) 

A crow hit the car windshield, surprising them.

The car skidded across the pavement, around a corner until Bonnie manage to pull the car over.

Kacie had a hold of the door handle.

Alex had her hands against Bonnie's seat, breathing heavily, clenching the seat until her knuckles turned white.

Elena held the dash board, not as intense as Alex, but as affected.

"What was that?" Bonnie asked. "Oh, my God! Alex, Elena, are you okay?"

"It's okay," Elena told her. "I'm fine."

"It was like a bird or something," Bonnie told them. "It came out of nowhere."

"Really, we can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of our lives," Alex told her.

Kacie looked at her as if she didn't believe she was as fine as she said she was.

Bonnie looked at Kacie. "Lots of adventure, tough times, but still kicking ass." She smiled. "But you're Kacie Lockwood. Of course there's gonna be adventure."

"And ass kicking," Alex said, smiling.

Kacie smirked.

Bonnie looked from Alex to Elena. "I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and the two of you are going to be beyond happy."

Elena and Alex smiled.

Bonnie drove away.

There was a crow on top of the sign.

-

Mystic Falls High School - Outside

Stefan was walking toward the school, sunglasses over his eyes.

Some students watched him as he passed by.

-

Inside

Bonnie, Elena, Alex and Kacie were walking down the hall.

"Major lack of male real estate," Kacie told them.

"Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beech," Bonnie told them. "She looks like a hot--Can I still say 'tranny mess'?"

Elena leaned against the locker next to her. "No, that's over."

"Ah, find a man, coin a phrase," Bonnie told them. "It's a busy year."

"See you in history," Kacie told them, starting to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"To slap some major sense into my brother," Kacie answered, walking away, pushing her way through the oncoming crowd.

Alex chuckled. "Don't kill him!"

"No promises," Kacie told them, leaving.

Bonnie laughed. She looked down the hall.

Elena and Alex followed her gaze in confusion.

A boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, wearing a football lettermen's jacket, was looking at Elena.

Elena waved.

The boy closed his locker, walking away.

Elena sighed, turning back to Alex and Bonnie. "He hates me."

"Matt doesn't hate you," Bonnie told her.

Alex shook her head. "That's not hate. That's 'I'm depressed that you dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it, but secretly, I'm listening to Air Supply's greatest hits'."

A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, fair skin, in a blue shirt and jeans, ran up to Elena, wrapping her arms around her tightly. "Elena."

Another girl, obviously her sister, with blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, in a floral dress with a jean jacket ran up to Alex, wrapping her arms around her. "Alex."

"Oh, my God," the two blondes told them together. "How are you?"

The older blonde pulled away from Elena. "Oh, it's so good to see you." She turned to Bonnie. "Are they okay? Are they good?"

"Are they better?" the younger blonde asked.

"Eliza, Caroline," Alex said, waving her hand in the air. "We're right here. And I'm fine."

"I'm fine too," Elena said, nodding. "Thank you."

"Really?" the blondes both asked, the older one sounding skeptical, the younger one sounding sympathetic.

"Yes," Elena told them. "Much better."

Alex forced herself to smile. "Yeah. I'm completely fine."

The younger one wrapped her arms around Elena this time.

The older one wrapped her arms around Alex this time.

"Oh, you poor things," the younger one said.

"Okay, Eliza," Elena told her, not being able to breathe.

"Caroline, you can let go now," Alex told her.

Caroline and Eliza pulled away.

Caroline put her hands together. "Okay." She linked her arm with Eliza's, looking from Elena and Alex to Bonnie. "See you guys later?"

Alex nodded.

Bonnie and Elena smiled.

"Okay!" Bonnie said. "Yeah."

Eliza smiled sweetly. "Bye."

Caroline and Eliza walked away, leaving.

Alex turned to Elena and Bonnie, shaking her head. "No comment."

"I'm not gonna say anything," Elena agreed.

They walked down the hall.

-

Outside - Stoner Pit

(Song:) Consoler of the Lonely - The Raconteurs

Jeremy handed a girl with auburn hair, green eyes and tan skin two pills. "Don't take more than two in a six-hour window."

The girl took the pills.

Kacie's brother walked closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Hey, Vicki. I knew I'd find you here with the crackheads."

"Hey," Vicki told him.

Kacie's brother looked at Jeremy. "Hey, Pete Wentz called. He wants his nail polish back."

"Pete Wentz, huh?" Jeremy asked. "How old school T.R.L. of you. Carson Daly fan?"

Kacie's brother took a threatening step toward Jeremy.

Vicki pulled him back. "Oh, Ty, be nice. That's Alex's little brother."

"I know who he is," Tyler told her, looking from Jeremy to Vicki. "I'll still kick his ass."

Tyler and Vicki kissed.

Jeremy watched in jealousy, walking away toward the door to go inside.

Kacie walked out of the door, pushing past Jeremy, walking toward Vicki and Tyler.

Vicki and Tyler pulled away from the kiss.

Tyler looked at Kacie cockily. "Get lost, Kacie."

Kacie held out her hand. "Keys."

"Excuse me?" Tyler asked.

"Keys," Kacie repeated. "I'm not gonna get ditched by you again." She hit him on the side of the head. "Keys."

"You're delusional if you think I'm gonna give my keys to you," Tyler said.

Kacie glared, reaching for the keys on his belt loop.

Tyler pivoted back onto his other foot, taunting Kacie.

Vicki sighed. "Ty, just give her the keys."

Tyler didn't look at Vicki. "Stay out of this." He directed the next sentence to Kacie. "Get lost, Kace."

Tyler turned to Vicki, kissing.

Kacie scoffed, shaking her head.

Vicki's hand felt along Tyler's waist, her fingers curling around the key chain on his belt loop, unlatching it, pulling back, throwing the keys to Kacie.

Kacie caught the keys one-handed with a smirk.

Tyler looked from Vicki to Kacie. "What the hell?"

"You wouldn't give her the keys," Vicki said innocently, shrugging. "I figured this was a good way to get your sister to stop hating me."

Kacie shrugged. "Sorry, Ty, but she might be right." She shrugged, clearly not sorry at all, turning away with a sweet-but-not-sweet smile. "Maybe I'll give this one a chance."

Kacie turned around, walking toward the school.

Tyler glared after his younger sister.

(Song Ends) 

-

Inside - Hallway Outside The Office 

Bonnie, Elena and Alex walked down the hall.

Bonnie looked into the office. "Hold up. Who's this?"

"All I see is back," Elena told them.

Alex nodded, raising her eyebrows. "It's a hot back."

-

Office

The secretary looked over the files on her desk. "Your records are incomplete. You're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts."

Stefan took his sunglasses off. "Please look again. I'm sure everything you need is there."

Stefan looked into her eyes, seemingly deep in thought.

The secretary looked at the files. "Well, you're right." She looked up. "So it is."

-

Hallway

Bonnie still looked at Stefan's back, speaking to Alex and Elena. "I'm sensing Seattle, and he plays the guitar."

"You're really going to run this whole psychic thing into the ground, huh?" Alex asked.

Bonnie nodded. "Pretty much."

"Jeremy, good batch, man," a boy called.

Elena looked down the hall.

Jeremy walked into the boys' bathroom.

Liv was talking to a boy who seemingly made her angry, pushing past him.

Elena sighed. "You've gotta be kidding me."

Alex looked at her. "What?"

"Sibling problems," Elena answered. "You take Liv, I'll take Jer."

Alex looked at Bonnie. "We'll be right back."

Elena and Alex walked away.

Bonnie looked into the office toward Stefan. "Please be hot."

Alex walked toward Liv. "Liv. What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" Liv repeated. "You're joking, right? Pushing a guy out of my way 'cause I don't like him isn't a crime."

"Liv, do you even remember who that guy was?" Alex asked, looking toward the guy Liv had pushed past.

The guy was walking away in the opposite direction.

"Yeah, Luke Thompson, so what?" Liv asked. "I didn't like Luke before Tory left, so I don't see any reason why I have to now."

Liv tried to walk away.

Alex stepped in her way. "Whoa, wait, Liv. Is that what that was about? Missing Tory?" Liv didn't answer. Alex sighed. "Why don't you hang out with Lindsey anymore? You need one of them now more than ever."

"It's just too weird," Liv answered. Her tone turned hostile, gazing up at Alex with a glare. "And I don't need anyone or anything."

Liv pushed past Alex, walking away.

Alex sighed, turning her head to look over her shoulder, watching her leave.

-

Boys' Bathroom

Elena walked into the bathroom, pushing past a boy, walking toward Jeremy.

"Whoa!" a boy told her. "Pants down, chick!"

Elena grabbed Jeremy's face, looking into his eyes to see if he was high. "Great. It's the first day of school and you're stoned."

"No, I'm not," Jeremy told her.

Elena rummaged through his pockets. "Where is it? Is it on you?"

"Stop, all right?" Jeremy demanded. "You need to chill yourself, all right?"

"Chill myself?" Elena repeated. "What is that, stoner talk? Dude, you are so cool."

"Look, stop!" Jeremy told her. "I don't have anything on me. Are you crazy?"

"You haven't seen crazy, Jeremy!" Elena told him. "I gave you a summer pass, but I am done watching you destroy yourself." Jeremy tried to walk around her. Elena put her hand on his chest to stop him. "No, no, no, you know what? Go ahead. Keep it up. But just know that I am going to be there to ruin your buzz every time, you got it?" A boy walked past them, leaving. Elena sighed, her voice softer the next time she spoke. "Jeremy, I know who you are. And it's not this person. So don't be this person."

"I don't need this," Jeremy told her.

Jeremy pushed past her, walking toward the door, leaving.

-

Hallway Outside The Office

Bonnie was still watching Stefan.

"Thank you," Stefan told her.

"You're welcome," the secretary told him.

Stefan turned around, walking out of the office, past Bonnie, walking down the hall.

Bonnie turned and followed him.

Caroline and Eliza were standing on the side of the hall, noticing Stefan walk by. Caroline seemed to want him instantly. Eliza seemed curious.

Eliza looked at Caroline. "You already like him."

Caroline nodded, smiling. "Yep."

"And you're gonna do whatever it takes to get him?" Eliza asked.

"Yep," Caroline answered, popping the 'P'. Eliza sighed, shaking her head, pulling her books out of her locker. Caroline looked at her. "What?"

-

Boys' Bathroom

Elena sighed in disappointed, turning around, walking out of the bathroom.

-

Hallway Outside The Bathroom

Alex walked up next to Elena.  "Any luck?"

"No," Elena answered. "You?"

"No," Alex sighed. "Let's get to history."

Elena nodded.

They both turned for the other direction.

Stefan stood in their way. "Uh, pardon me." He looked at the bathroom sign in confused amusement. "Um... is this the men's room?"

"Yes," Elena answered. "Um, I was just, Um—I was just—"

Alex saved her from embarrassment. "It's a long story."

Alex walked past Stefan.

Elena took a step to the right.

Stefan took a step to the left, accidentally blocking her way.

Elena took a step to the left.

Stefan took a step to the right, accidentally blocking her way. He made way for her to pass.

"Thank you," Elena told him, walking past.

Stefan turned to watch her go.

Elena turned her head to look at Stefan as she walked around a corner.

-

History Class

The male teacher was giving a lecture. "Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."

Elena looked subtly over her shoulder toward Stefan.

Stefan looked toward her.

Elena looked away.

Bonnie was sending a text.

Matt leaned closer to see what she was sending.

Elena's phone vibrated, looking at the text from Bonnie.

HAWT-E. STARING @ U.

Elena smiled, looking forward.

Stefan was still looking at her.

-

Unknown Street 

(Song:) Say (All I Need) - One Republic

Elena walked alone down the sidewalk, walking into the Mystic Falls Cemetery.

Elena was sitting against a tombstone, writing in her diary.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear diary, I made it through the day. I must have said, 'I'm fine, thanks,' at least thirty-seven times. And I didn't mean it once. But no one noticed. When someone asks, 'How are you?'They really don't want an answer."

Elena looked up to the tombstone across from her.

In loving memory of

Miranda Sommers Gilbert

Grayson Gilbert

A crow landed on the grave stone.

(Song Ends) 

"Okay," Elena said. "Hi, bird. That's not creepy or anything." She stood, waving an arm toward it. "Shoo!" The crow flew away. "That's what I thought."

Elena turned around.

The crow appeared on the grave stone in front of her, hawking.

Elena seemed nervous.

Fog started to ascend around the cemetery.

A man was standing behind a statue, watching her.

Elena grabbed her bag, turning around, running away. She slowed to a stop, looking behind her.

The man stepped behind the statue, hidden.

Elena ran down the hill, tripping, falling. She stood, looking up the hill, turning toward the exit.

Stefan stood there. "You okay?"

"Were you following me?" Elena asked.

"No, I, uh, I just—" Stefan cut himself off. "I saw you fall."

"Uh-huh," Elena said sarcastically. "And you just happened to be hanging out in a cemetery."

"I'm visiting," Stefan told her. "I have family here."

Elena immediately felt guilt. "Oh. Wow. Tactless. I'm sorry. It's the fog, It's making me foggy. And then back there, there was this--this bird, and it was all very Hitchcock for a second. That is the bird movie, right, the Hitchcock?" There was a long silence. "I'm Elena."

"I'm Stefan," Stefan told her.

Elena smiled. "I know. We have History together."

"And English and French," Stefan told her.

"Right," Elena said. Stefan pulled a leaf out of Elena's hair. "Thanks." Elena looked for something to say, looking at Stefan's ring. The ring was silver and blue, had a stone placed on it, an S carved into it. It was very rare and antique. "Nice ring."

"Oh," Stefan said. "Um, It's a family ring, yeah. I'm kinda stuck with it. It's weird, huh?"

"No, no," Elena told him. "It's just, I mean, there are rings and then there's that."

Stefan looked up in confusion. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"Hmm?" Elena asked.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Stefan repeated.

"Oh, uh, I don't know," Elena said, stepping away, rolling up her jean leg, revealing a cut which was bleeding profusely. "Oh! Would you look at that. That is not pretty." Stefan turned his head away, his face transforming, his eyes red around the green, veins crawling underneath his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"You should go," Stefan told her. "Take care of that."

Elena rolled down the jean leg. "Really, it's nothing."

Elena stood, turning toward him.

Stefan had disappeared.

Elena looked around in confusion.

-~-

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's room

Stefan was writing in his diary.

Stefan: (voice over) "I lost control today. Everything I've kept buried inside came rushing to the surface. I'm simply not able to resist her." 

Elena's diary was sitting on his desk. 

-

The Mystic Grill

(Song:) Take Me to the Riot - The Stars 

At the bar, Jeremy stood next to Vicki, who was in uniform as a waitress. "Hey, Vic."

"Working," Vicki told him, walking away, toward Matt and Tyler's table.

"Thanks, Vic," Matt told her.

Vicki looked at Tyler. "Do you need another refill?"

"I'd love one," Tyler told her.

Vicki walked away, leaving.

Matt looked at Tyler. "Please tell me you're not hooking up with my sister."

"I'm not hooking up with your sister," Tyler told him.

Matt shook his head, looking down. "You're such a dick."

-

Elsewhere

Jeremy walked up to Vicki. "Hey, what's your deal? I mean, summer you act one way and then school starts and you can't be bothered."

"Look, Jeremy, I really appreciate all the pharmaceuticals, but you can't keep following me around like a lost puppy," Vicki told him.

"When's the last time you had sex with a puppy?" Jeremy asked.

"Hey, keep it down," Vicki told him. "I don't want to tell the whole world I deflowered Alex and Elena's kid brother."

"Yeah, and deflowered and deflowered," Jeremy told her.

Vicki looked at him. "We hooked up a few times in a drug haze. It's over. You gotta back off before you ruin things between me and Tyler."

"Oh, come on, the guy's a total douche," Jeremy told her. "And he's not even into you. He only wants you for your ass."

"Yeah?" Vicki asked. "What do you want me for?"

Vicki pushed past him, walking away.

-

Elsewhere

Caroline and Eliza entered.

"His name is Stefan Salvatore," Caroline told her. "He lives with uncle and his cousin Nicola Salvatore from History class up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot." She turned to face Eliza. "He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

"You got all of that in one day?" Eliza asked.

"Oh, please, Eliza, I got all that between third and fourth period," Caroline told her. "We're planning a June wedding."

Caroline turned around, smiling, waving to someone, walking away.

Eliza watched her go, sighing. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Gilbert House - Living Room/Foyer

Alex and Elena walked toward the door, seeing Jenna walk toward them.

"We're meeting Bonnie, Caroline, Eliza and Kacie at the Grill," Alex told her. She looked toward the couch. "Wanna come, Liv?"

Liv was sitting on the couch, playing a video game. "And go see your bitchy friends? No, thanks."

Alex sighed, looking at Jenna. "I guess it's just us."

"Okay, have fun," Jenna told them. She turned toward them. "Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night."

Alex applauded.

"Well done, Aunt Jenna," Elena told her. She turned around, opening the door. "Oh."

Stefan stood on the porch. "Sorry, I was about to knock." Alex stood behind Elena. "I wanted to apologize for my disappearing act earlier. I know it was... strange."

"No worries," Elena told him. Liv stood in the doorway behind them. "I get it, blood makes you squeamish."

"Um, something like that," Stefan told her.

"Blood?" Alex and Liv repeated together.

Elena looked from Liv to the stairs, telling her silently to go upstairs. She looked from Alex to the family room, telling her silently to go into the family room.

Alex smiled, nodding understandingly, backing away into the family room, out of sight.

Liv rolled her eyes, grabbing the railing, going upstairs.

Stefan cleared his throat. "How's your leg?"

Elena looked at him. "Oh, it's fine. Just a scratch, barely." In the family room, Alex was listening to them, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "How did you know where I lived?"

"It's a small town," Stefan told her. "I asked the first person I saw. Um, I thought you might want this back."

Stefan handed Elena her diary.

Elena took it. "Oh, I must have dropped it. I--thank you."

"Don't worry, I didn't... read it," Stefan told her.

"No?" Elena asked. "Why not? Most people would have."

"Well, I wouldn't want anyone to read mine," Stefan told her.

Elena was surprised.

-

Family Room 

Alex raised her eyebrows in slight surprise.

-

Foyer

Elena tilted her head slightly toward Stefan. "You keep a journal?"

"Yeah, if I don't write it down, I forget it," Stefan told her. "Memories are too important."

"Yeah," Elena said. She used her thumb to point into the house. "I'm just gonna... umm, you don't have to stay out there."

Elena walked into the family room.

Stefan stood to the threshold, unable to pass. "I'm fine."

-

Family Room

Elena looked around the corner to glare at Alex. "I meant privacy, not eavesdropping." Alex smiled. "Liv listened, why couldn't you?"

Alex grabbed her wrist, walking into the foyer, pulling Elena with her. "Let's just go."

-

Foyer 

Alex and Elena walked toward the door. 

"Sorry, were you going somewhere?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, we're meeting our friends," Alex told him. She looked from Stefan to Elena as if she had gotten an idea. She looked at Stefan. "Do you want to come?"

Elena gave Alex a look.

Alex smiled. 

-

The Grill 

(Song:) Thinking Of You - Katy Perry

Matt and Bonnie were sitting together at a table.

"How's Elena doing?" Matt asked.

"Her mom and dad died," Bonnie told him. "How do you think? She's putting on a good face, but it's only been four months."

"Has she said anything about me?" Matt asked.

"Oh, no," Bonnie said. "So not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her."

"I feel weird calling her," Matt told her. "She broke up with me."

"Give it more time, Matt," Bonnie told him.

Alex, Elena and Stefan walked into the Grill.

Matt and Bonnie looked at them.

Caroline and Tyler looked at them.

Kacie and Eliza looked at them.

Matt looked at Bonnie. "More time, huh?" Bonnie looked sympathetic. Matt stood, walking toward Alex, Elena and Stefan. "Hey, I'm Matt, nice to meet you."

"Hi," Stefan said. "Stefan."

Matt looked at Elena.

"Hey," Elena told him.

"Hey," Matt told her.

Alex looked sympathetic.

(Song Ends) 

-

(Song:) Kids MGMT

At a rounded booth, at the back of the Grill, Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie, Kacie, Alex, Stefan and Elena sat together.

"So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Eliza asked.

"Mm-hmm," Stefan answered. "And moved when I was still young."

"Parents?" Kacie asked.

"My parents passed away," Stefan answered, looking from Alex to Elena on either side of him.

"I'm sorry," Elena told him. "Any siblings?"

"None that I talk to," Stefan answered. "I live with my uncle and cousin. Her name is--"

"Nicola," Eliza finished. "We know who Nicola is. Even if Nicola doesn't want to be known."

Stefan smiled a small smile. "That is very accurate, Eliza. Nicola likes to keep to herself."

Caroline pulled Stefan's attention to her. "So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."

"It's a back to school thing at the Falls," Bonnie explained.

Stefan looked at Elena. "Are you going?"

Alex smiled. "Of course she is."

Elena looked at Alex, smiling. She looked at Stefan, pulling her hair behind her ear.

(Song Ends) 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Study

(Song:) Running Up That Hill - Placebo

Nicola's father was sitting at his desk, reading the newspaper.

Nicola walked in, reaching for the bottle of bourbon.

Her father used the newspaper to lightly hit her hand.

Nicola smiled, chuckling. "You're not in too good of a mood."

"Because you were right, Nikki, so don't tell me you told me so," her father told her.

"Right about which thing?" Nicola asked, leaning against the desk. Her father didn't answer, standing, walking past her, out of the room. Nicola looked up, turning toward the door. "Can't tell you that I told you so if I don't know what I'm saying it for!"

Her father didn't answer.

Nicola sighed. 

-

Stefan's Room

Stefan pulled a shirt on.

Nicola's father walked closer with the news paper. "You promised."

He showed Stefan the newspaper article.

"This was an animal attack," Stefan told him.

Nicola's father shook his head. "Don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough, they always suspect an animal attack. You said you had it under control."

"And I do," Stefan told him.

"Please, Uncle Stefan," Nicola's father said. "Mystic Falls is a different place now. It's been quiet for years, but there are people who still remember. And you being here, it's just going to stir things up."

"It's not my intention," Stefan told him.

"Then what is?" Nicola's father asked. "Why did you come back? After all this time, why now?"

"I don't have to explain myself," Stefan told him.

"I know that you can't change what you are," Nicola's father told him. "But you don't belong here anymore."

"Where do I belong?" Stefan asked.

"I can't tell you what to do," Nicola's father told him. "But coming back here was a mistake."

Nicola's father walked away, leaving the room.

Stefan walked toward a dresser, opening a drawer, pulling out a journal with what looked to be a really old picture of Elena.

The writing under the picture said: Katherine 1864

(Song Ends) 

-~-

Day Three

 Day - Mystic Falls High School - History Class

Matt was sitting in the back of the class, next to the windows.

Kacie and Alex sat together in the front row.

Elena sat two seats behind Kacie.

Stefan sat three seats behind Alex.

Bonnie and Nicola sat together a few rows away, but they weren't friends.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls," the teacher told the students. "How many casualties resulted in this battle? Miss Bennett?"

Bonnie looked up. "Um... a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett," the teacher told her. Bonnie looked down. The teacher looked toward Matt. "Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it," Matt told him.

A few students laughed.

Kacie laughed silently.

"Miss Lockwood?" Tanner asked. "Surely you'd might want to overcome the Lockwood legacy and say it's not true, right?"

"Can't," Kacie told him, leaning forward against her desk. "Then I'd be lying."

Alex chuckled.

Tanner looked at her. "Alex? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Alex shook her head. "I don't know."

Tanner looked from Elena to Alex. "I was willing to be lenient with the two of you last year for obvious reasons. But the personal excuses ended with summer break."

Elena looked down, hurt.

Alex leaned back, pretending not to be hurt.

Kacie looked at them knowingly.

"There were 346 casualties," Stefan told them. Nicola looked toward him to see who had answered, and when she saw it was Stefan, she rolled her eyes. "Unless you're counting local civilians."

"That's correct," Tanner told him. "Mr...?"

"Salvatore," Stefan answered.

"Salvatore?" Tanner repeated, looking toward Nicola. Matt, Elena, Kacie, Alex, Stefan and Bonnie followed his gaze to Nicola. Nicola made a gesture as if to ask, what are you staring at? Everyone looked away. Nicola laid her head on her desk. Tanner looked at Stefan. "Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls, like Nicola?"

Stefan looked toward Nicola. "Distant."

Nicola scoffed, raising her head, looking away, shaking her head.

Stefan looked toward the front.

"Well, very good," Tanner told him. "Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were 28, sir," Stefan told him. "Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The Founder's archives are, uh, stored in Civil Hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts." Students chuckled. Nicola smirked. Alex had her mouth open slightly in shock and amusement, looking from Stefan to the teacher. "Mr. Tanner."

Kacie laughed.

-

Party In The Woods

(Song:) Death - White Lies

Stefan arrived to the party, listening for Elena.

"Just admit it, Elena," Bonnie told her.

"Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty," Elena admitted.

"He has that romance novel stare," Bonnie told her. "Stefan looked deep into her eyes, piercing her very soul." 

Elena and Bonnie laughed.

Caroline walked up to Stefan. "Hey! You made it!"

"I did," Stefan told her.

"Well, let's get you a drink," Caroline told him.

"Well, I'm--" Stefan started.

"Oh, come on," Caroline told him.

Caroline pulled him away.

-

Elsewhere

Bonnie and Elena were still talking.

"So, where is he?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't know," Elena told her. "You tell me. You're the psychic one."

Bonnie smiled. "Right, I forgot. Okay, so give me a sec. Grams says I have to concentrate."

Elena held up her finger. "Wait, you need a crystal ball." She held up a beer bottle. "Ta da."

Bonnie smiled, closing her eyes, taking the bottle, touching Elena's hand.

(Song Ends) 

 Bonnie seemed to be lost in thought, abruptly pulling back.

"What?" Elena asked.

"That was weird," Bonnie told her. "When I touched you, I saw a crow."

Elena looked at her in surprise and horror. "What?"

"A crow," Bonnie repeated. "There was fog, a man. I'm drunk. It's the drinking. There's nothing psychic about it. Yeah? Okay, I'm gonna get a refill."

Bonnie walked away.

"Okay?" Elena asked. "Bonnie!"

Bonnie left.

Elena turned around, jumping.

Stefan was there. "Hi."

"Hi," Elena told him.

"I did it again, didn't it?" Stefan asked.

Elena nodded. "Yeah."

"I'm sorry," Stefan told her. "You're upset about something."

"Oh, uh, no, it's--it's just Bonnie," Elena told him. "She's... " She looked at him. "You know what? Never mind. You're... here."

Stefan nodded. "I'm here."

-

Elsewhere 

Kacie leaned against a wooden railing, a beer bottle in her hand.

Alex was next to her, looking at Kacie. "See, it's not so bad, is it?"

"Alex, I can't believe you actually talked me into this," Kacie told her.

"Oh, come on, Kacie, it's not that bad," Alex told her. "Especially when you're drunk. Oh, and you're not the only one I talked into coming. Liv's here, somewhere." She smiled, tilting her head. "I managed to talk her into it."

Kacie smirked. "Oh, so Liv didn't ignore you until you went away?"

"Would you shut up and drink until we're drunk so we can actually have some fun?" Alex asked.

Kacie smirked, looking away.

Further down the way, Tyler was kissing Vicki, but he looked toward Alex.

Alex and Kacie drank from the beer bottles at the same time.

-

Elsewhere

Jeremy stood alone with a beer bottle.

Liv walked up to him, swooping her hand in to take the beer bottle.

Jeremy took the beer bottle out of her reach. "You're underage."

"Everyone here's in high school," Liv pointed out. "We're all underage."

"You're 14," Jeremy told her.

"You're 15," Liv replied.

"Almost 16," Jeremy told her.

"Almost 15," Liv told him.

Jeremy laughed once, knowing she had a good point, handing Liv the beer bottle.

Liv took it, taking a sip. "God, this is nothing compared to the drinks Tory, Lindsey and I made."

"You, Tory and Lindsey made juices with tiny drops of alcohol that you stole from me," Jeremy told her.

"Not all of them had a tiny amount," Liv told him.

Jeremy chuckled, shaking his head, looking toward Tyler and Vicki.

Tyler took Vicki's hand, leading her away.

Jeremy looked at Liv. "I'll be right back."

"Let it go," Liv told him. "Jer!"

Jeremy ignored Liv, walking away.

Liv rolled her eyes, shrugging, drinking.

-

Elsewhere

Alex and Kacie were still leaning against the wooden railing at the edge of the party.

"What you think of the new guy?" Alex asked.

"Hot," Kacie answered. "But boring."

"He's actually really sweet," Alex told her.

Kacie chuckled. "You totally like him, don't you, Alex?"

"What?" Alex asked. "No. No." Kacie tilted her head at Alex, raising her eyebrows. Alex shook her head. "Don't look at me." Kacie smirked. "I'm trying to help Elena get with him before the Caroline-infection gets to the point where it chases him away."

"Little matchmaker," Kacie said. Alex shrugged. "But why in the world would you pass that up?"

Alex opened her mouth, smiling. "Kacie, you just said--"

"Boring," Kacie finished. "But not ugly."

Alex chuckled, looking off into the crowd of the partiers. "No. I'm not looking for a guy."

Kacie scoffed, looking ahead of them. "Yeah, and you also obviously can't see it when one that's looking at you, Alex."

"What?" Alex asked.

"You are so oblivious," Kacie told her, watching as Tyler and Vicki were walking past, holding hands.

Tyler was looking at Alex.

Vicki followed his gaze.

Tyler looked at Kacie.

Kacie shook her head, giving him a weird look, her beer bottle close to her face with her wrist bent as she tilted it to get a sip.

"Kacie, what are you talking about?" Alex asked, following Kacie's gaze.

Tyler and Vicki walked away, out of view, revealing Jeremy and Liv behind them. Jeremy was following them. Liv was drinking from the beer bottle.

Kacie saw Liv first, smirking. "Uh-oh. Little Liv drinking with the big kids."

Alex took a sip of her beer bottle, handing it to Kacie. "I'll be back."

Alex walked away.

"Don't kill her," Kacie called after her tauntingly. "She only gets it from her older sisters."

Alex kept walking forward, holding an arm behind her toward Kacie, her hand hidden, presumably to flip her off.

Kacie smiled, chuckling.

Alex pushed past Jeremy, walking toward Liv.

Jeremy looked at her in confusion, looking at Kacie. "Have you seen Vicki?"

"Why would I see her?" Kacie asked in a bored but taunting tone, sounding like a bitch. "Why would I want to?"

"You would see her because she's always with your brother, even though he has a thing for my sister," Jeremy told her.

Kacie smirked. "Tyler might be my brother, but I'm not his keeper, and I don't know what to tell you about him crushing on Alex."

"Okay...?" Jeremy trailed off.

"Okay, so I don't know where they're at," Kacie told him. Jeremy exhaled. Kacie smirked knowingly. "You really do have a crush on Vicki, don't you?" Jeremy didn't answer, looking away. Kacie scoffed. "God, my brother crushing on your sister, my best friend, while you're crushing on his girlfriend, his best friend's sister." She chuckled. "Damn, talk about a soap opera. But, then again, even though Vicki's a stoner, like you, she's not gonna stoop that low. Or maybe she will. She's Vicki Donovan. Who knows what kind of slut she is?"

"You really are a bitch, you know that?" Jeremy asked.

Kacie shrugged. "So I've been told."

Jeremy scoffed, walking away and heading into the woods.

Kacie smirked.

-

Elsewhere

Alex walked up to Liv. "Jer give you that?" Liv ignored her, taking a sip of the beer.  "Come on, Liv. Don't play that game with me." Alex smiled a small smile. "I know it too well."

Liv walked away.

Alex sighed, watching her go. 

-

Bridge By Party 

Stefan and Elena were walking across the bridge.

"You know, you're kind of the talk of the town," Elena told him.

"Am I?" Stefan asked.

"Mm-hmm," Elena answered. "Mysterious new guy, oh, yeah."

"Well, you have the mysterious thing going, too," Stefan told her. "Twinged in sadness."

Elena looked down. "What makes you think that I'm sad?"

"Well, we did meet in a graveyard," Stefan told her.

"Right," Elena said. She pointed at Stefan. "Well, no, technically we met in the men's room. You don't want to know, it's... it's not exactly party chit-chat."

"Well, I've never really been very good at, uh, chit-chat," Stefan told her.

Elena hesitated. "Last spring... my parents' car drove off of a bridge into the lake. Alex and I were in the backseat and we survived, but... they didn't. So that's my story."

"You won't be sad forever, Elena," Stefan told her.

Elena nodded gratefully.

(Song Ends) 

-

Woods By Party 

Vicki was leaning against a tree.

Tyler was aggressively kissed her neck.

"No, Ty," Vicki told him. "I'm not having sex against a tree."

"Oh, come on, it would be hot," Tyler told him.

"For who?" Vicki asked. "No, it's not going to happen. It's not going to happen, not here, not like this. No. I said no. I said no! Ow, that hurts!"

Vicki pushed Tyler away.

Jeremy walked closer. "Hey, leave her alone!"

"You know, you're starting to get on my nerves, Gilbert," Tyler told him.

"Just go, Tyler, get the hell away from me," Vicki told him.

"Wow," Tyler said. "Vicki Donovan says no. That's a first."

Tyler walked away, leaving.

Vicki looked at Jeremy. "I didn't need your help."

"It seems like you did," Jeremy told her.

"He was just drunk," Vicki told him.

"I'm drunk," Jeremy told her. "Am I throwing myself at you?"

"No, you're worse," Vicki told him. "You want to talk to me, get to know me, see into my soul and screw and screw and screw until you're done with me."

"Is that what you think?" Jeremy asked.

"That's what I know," Vicki told him.

Vicki turned around, walking away.

-

Elsewhere 

Tyler was walking toward the party. He heard something, turning around in confusion. "Get lost, Gilbert." No one answered. "Jeremy?"

Tyler shook his head, turning back forward.

Kacie was in front of him, hitting his chest with both hands. "You tried to rape her?"

"Get lost, Kacie," Tyler told her, pushing past her.

Kacie turned and grabbed his arm. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's your deal?" Tyler asked. "You don't like Vicki, Kacie. You never have."

"Okay, I don't like her, but no one deserves that!" Kacie told him. She smirked, as if getting an idea. "I wonder how Alex'll feel when she finds out that you'd try that with your best friend's sister. I bet  she wouldn't put it past you that you'd try it with your sister's best friend."

Tyler's eyes widened a little, glaring. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, you know I would," Kacie told him.

Kacie let him go, turning around, walking further into the woods.

Tyler raised his arms in a what the hell gesture. "Kacie, where are you going?"

Kacie turned to face him, pointing at him as she backed away. "If Mom and Dad find out about this, you're dead. So, I'm gonna go clean up your mess." She turned around, walking away. "Again."

-

Bridge By Party 

Stefan looked toward Matt, Caroline, Eliza and Bonnie several yards away. "I like Bonnie, she seems like a good friend."

"Best friend in the world," Elena agreed.

"And Eliza, she seems nice," Stefan told her.

"Eliza Forbes is the best parts of her sister Caroline," Elena told him. "Eliza's a good listener, she's excellent at finding distractions when we needed one... The only thing annoying about Eliza Forbes is the delusional positivity."

"And Matt, he can't seem to, uh, take his eyes off of us," Stefan said.

"Matt's that friend since childhood that you start dating because you owe it to yourselves to see if you can be more," Elena told him.

"And?" Stefan asked.

"And then my parents died, and everything changes," Elena answered. "Anyway, Matt and I, together we just, I don't know, it wasn't, um... it wasn't..." 

"Passionate?" Stefan asked.

Elena looked at him. "No. No, it wasn't passionate." Stefan's eyes started to change. "Hey, um, are you okay? Um, Your eye, it just, it's--"

"Oh, um... " Stefan trailed off, looking away, closing his eyes. "Yeah, no. It's, um, it's nothing. Um, are you thirsty? I'm gonna get us a drink."

Stefan walked away, leaving.

-

Woods By Party 

Vicki was alone, walking forward. She stopped when she heard something. "Jeremy? Is that you? Jeremy?"

Kacie walked into view, toward her. "Nope. Wrong person, brunette, gender and species."

"What are you doing here?" Vicki asked.

"Cleaning up my brother's mess," Kacie answered.

"You're not the responsible one, remember?" Vicki asked. "You normally don't bother with anything that doesn't concern you."

"Except for one thing that I know what it feels like," Kacie told her. "You don't know our parents."

Vicki slowly nodded. "Okay, you don't like me, I don't like you. Why would you even try?"

"Because maybe I meant what I said earlier, about giving you another chance," Kacie told her. Vicki smiled. "And maybe it's time to start now."

Vicki's smile widened. She nodded for them to keep going. "Come on. I need something to drink."

"Meaning another beer," Kacie said.

Vicki tilted her head, smiling. "You know me too well, Lockwood."

Fog descended around them.

Vicki looked around. "Did you hear that?"

Kacie shook her head. "It's nothing. Come on." A man was standing behind them. "Let's get back to the bonfire 'cause I need another beer too."

Kacie turned around to head back to the party.

The man was gone.

Vicki turned to follow Kacie.

The man rushed toward her with a blinding speed, attacking her, making her scream.

Kacie turned around. "Vicki?" No one was there. Kacie walked forward. "Vicki, what the hell? It's not funny." She didn't seem afraid. She seemed pissed. "Come on. Fine." She started to turn around. "I'm leaving you--"

Vicki was on the ground in front of her, unconscious, her neck bleeding.

"Oh, my God," Kacie whispered, kneeling next to her. "Vicki. Vicki!"

Hearing something, Kacie looked up, the man's shadow covering her.

Kacie looked in disbelief.

The man attacked her before she could move.

-~-

Party

(Song:) Back To Me - The All American Rejects

Elena was looking around.

Matt walked up to her. "Looking for someone?"

"Hey," Elena told him.

"When you broke up with me, you said it was because you needed some time alone," Matt told her. "You don't look so alone to me."

"Matt, you don't understand," Elena told him. "It's--"

"That's okay, Elena," Matt told her. "You do what you have to do. I just want to let you know that... I still believe in us. And I'm not giving up on that."

"Matt..." Elena trailed off.

Matt walked away.

Stefan had been watching them, walking closer.

Caroline stood in his way. "Hey! There you are. Have you been down to the Falls yet? Because they are really cool at night. And I can show you. If you want."

"I think you've had too much to drink," Stefan told her.

Caroline smiled. "Well, of course I have. So—"

"Caroline," Stefan cut her off. "You and me, it's not gonna happen. Sorry."

Stefan walked away, leaving.

Caroline looked down, hurt.

Stefan approached Elena.

"I was wondering who abducted you, but now I know," Elena told him.

"Is she like that with, uh, all the guys?" Stefan asked.

"No," Elena answered. "You're fresh meat. She'll back off eventually. Hmm."

(Song Ends) 

Liv walked toward the woods, the beer bottle still in her hand.

Jeremy followed her. "Where do you think you're going with my beer?"

Liv handed it to him. "You can have it."

Liv walked into the woods.

"God, you gotta be kidding me!" Elena complained.

"What is it?" Stefan asked.

Jeremy shook the empty bottle Liv had given him, tossing it aside, following Liv.

Alex saw them, following them in confusion.

"My brother and sister," Elena finally answered.

"The drunk ones?" Stefan asked.

"Those would be the ones," Elena told him. "Excuse me."

Elena started to walk away.

"Need some help?" Stefan asked.

Elena looked at him. "Trust me, you're not going to want to witness this." She walked away into the woods. "Liv! Jeremy!"

-

Woods

The Gilberts walked through the woods.

"Liv, Jer, where the hell are you going?" Alex asked.

Liv turned toward Elena and Alex. "We don't want to hear it!"

"Yeah, well, too bad," Alex told her.

Liv turned around, walking forward, tripping. She looked at Vicki's unconscious body. "Vicki? No!" She looked behind her to Elena, Alex and Jeremy. "Oh, my God, it's Vicki!"

Elena put a hand to her head. "Oh, my God!"

Alex turned her head to look around.

Kacie's unconscious body laid a few feet away.

"Kacie!" Alex said in a whisper, running toward her, kneeling next to her. "No, Kace, wake up!"

Jeremy knelt next to Vicki. "No!"

Vicki suddenly woke, gasping loudly in horror and pain.

-

Party 

Jeremy carried Vicki in a cradle toward a bench.

Elena and Alex each had one of Kacie's arms over their shoulders, pulling her with them.

"Somebody, help!" Liv yelled.

Matt ran closer. "Vicki? Vicki, what the hell?" 

Jeremy set Vicki on one table. Elena and Alex set Kacie on another.

"Where's Tyler?" Alex asked worriedly.

"I don't know," Matt told her.

"Tyler!" Alex called. Tyler was in the crowd, looking toward the sound of her voice, unable to see what was going on because of the crowd. "It's Kacie!"

Eliza and Tyler ran closer.

Tyler went to Kacie and Alex's sides.

Jeremy, Elena and Matt were with Vicki.

Alex, Tyler and Liv were with Kacie.

"Kacie?" Tyler asked worriedly. "What happened?"

"Eliza, call an ambulance!" Matt told her.

Eliza got out her phone, turning away to call for help.

Tyler turned to the crowd, shooing them away. "Everybody back up! Give them some space!"

"It's Vicki's neck," Elena told them.

"Kacie's too," Tyler told them. "Something bit her. She's losing a lot of blood. It's bad."

Jeremy looked at Vicki. "Come on, Vicki, open your eyes."

"Kacie," Alex whispered.

"Come on, Kace, wake up," Tyler told her, looking as if he was about to lose it.

Liv looked up nervously, not knowing what to do. Her gaze landed on Stefan.

Stefan backed away, leaving.

Liv looked after him in confusion, looking down.

"Come on," Alex told them.

Alex's shoulder was touching Tyler's, both wanting Kacie to be okay.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living room

Nicola was sitting on one of the couches, drinking from a bottle of bourbon.

Stefan opened the door, walking inside hurriedly.

Nicola's father walked in.

Nicola pulled the bottle away from her lips.

Her father looked at Stefan. "What's going on?"

Stefan looked at him. "Two girls were attacked tonight, Zach. Nicola, it wasn't me."

Stefan walked away, walking upstairs.

Nicola and Zach exchanged a confused look.

-

Stefan's Room

Stefan walked in, closing the door behind him.

The crow flew into the room from the double-doored windows.

Stefan's gaze followed the crow, looking toward the balcony. "Damon."

A man was standing on the balcony, with black hair, ice blue eyes, natural-toned skin, his style dark with a black leather jacket and black clothing.

Damon smirked. "Stefan."

-~-

The crow hawked.

"Crow's a bit much, don't you think?" Stefan asked.

"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog," Damon told him.

"When'd you get here?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day at school," Damon told him tauntingly. "Your hair's different. I like it."

"It's been 17 years, Damon," Stefan told him.

"Thank God," Damon told him. "I couldn't take another day of the '90s. That horrible grunge look? Did not suit you. Remember, Stefan, it's important to stay away from fads."

"Why are you here?" Stefan asked.

"I miss my little brother," Damon told him.

"You hate small towns," Stefan told him. "It's boring. There's nothing for you to do."

Damon smirked. "I've managed to keep myself busy."

"You know, you left those girls alive tonight," Stefan told him. "That's very clumsy of you."

Damon turned to face him. "Ah. That can be a problem... for you."

"Why are you here now?" Stefan asked.

"I could ask you the same question," Damon told him. "However, I'm fairly certain your answer can be summed up all into one little word. Elena."

-

Party

There were two ambulances side-by-side.

Matt pulling himself into Vicki's, leaving with her.

Tyler was talking to Alex. "I'll text you once we know for sure."

Alex nodded. "Thanks, Tyler."

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked.

Alex nodded. "I'm fine." Tyler tilted his head. Alex sighed. "I've been better." She looked at the ambulance, shaking her head. "After what happened to my parents, I can't lose my best friend. I can't lose Kacie."

Tyler put a hand on her shoulder. "She'll be okay."

Alex nodded unconvincingly.

Tyler turned to the ambulance with Kacie, pulling himself in, the doors being closed, pulling away.

Alex watched sadly.

-

Elsewhere

Eliza walked up to Bonnie and Elena. "Hey. We're gonna go mainline coffee, wait for news."

"I gotta take Alex, Jeremy and Liv home," Elena told them.

Eliza nodded, looking at Bonnie. "How about you?"

Bonnie shook her head. "I'm just gonna go home. Thanks, Eliza." Eliza nodded, walking away. Bonnie started to walk away, slowing to a stop, turning to Elena. "Elena, there's no way I'm psychic. I know that. But whatever I saw, or I think I saw, I have this feeling..."

Elena shook her head in confusion. "Bonnie, what?"

Bonnie hesitated. "That it's just the beginning."

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Damon was pacing. "She took my breath away. Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine. That sister of hers, may be not her twin, but is very close. What was her name again? Alex?" Stefan was unamused with his taunting. "Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?"

"They're not Katherine," Stefan told him.

"Well, let's hope not," Damon told him. "We both know how that ended. Tell me something, when's the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?"

Stefan shook his head. "I know what you're doing, Damon. It's not gonna work."

"Yeah?" Damon asked, stepping closer. "Come on. Don't you crave a little?"

Damon hit Stefan.

"Stop it," Stefan told him.

"Let's do it," Damon told him. "Together. I saw a couple girls out there. Or just, let's just cut to the chase, let's just go straight for Alex and Elena."

Damon hit Stefan.

"Stop it!" Stefan told him.

"Imagine what their blood tastes like!" Damon told him. Stefan transformed, looking into the mirror. "I can."

Stefan looked at Damon. "I said stop!"

Stefan rushed into Damon, both of them shattering through a window, falling toward the ground below outside.

-

Outside

Stefan laid on pavement, glass surrounding him.

Damon wasn't there.

Damon was leaning against Nicola's car. "I was impressed. I give it a six. Missing style, but I was pleasantly surprised. Very good with the whole face..." He growled tauntingly. "Thing." He chuckled. "It was good."

"You know, it's all fun and games, Damon, huh?" Stefan asked. "But wherever you go, people die."

Damon shrugged. "That's a given."

"Not here," Stefan told him. "I won't allow it."

Damon smirked. "I take that as an invitation."

"Damon, please," Stefan told him. "After all these years, can't we just give it a rest?"

"I promised you an eternity of misery, so I'm just keeping my word," Damon told him.

"Just stay away from Alex and Elena," Stefan told him.

Damon looked at Stefan's hand. "Where's your ring? Oh, yeah, sun's coming up in a couple of hours, and, poof, ashes to ashes." Stefan looked down, flexing his fingers. Damon walked closer. "Relax. It's right here."

Damon held out his hand with Stefan's daylight ring.

Stefan took it cautiously, sliding it onto his finger.

Damon transformed, grabbing Stefan by the throat, throwing him against the garage.

Stefan rolled away from the garage.

Damon appeared next to him. "You should know better than to think you're stronger than me. You lost that fight when you stopped feeding on people. I wouldn't try it again."

Headlights flashed over them as an Aston Martin Vanquish eclipse pulled into the driveway.

Damon and Stefan covered their eyes from the brightness.

The headlights stayed on, a girl vampire rushing in front of the car, but all they saw was a girl's silhouette, with long, blonde hair.

"Who the hell are you?" Stefan asked.

The girl chuckled, raising her keys, hitting a button on the control.

The headlights faded to nothing, leaving darkness in its place.

The girl had long, blonde hair, ice blue eyes, fair skin, and her style was more advanced than most of the girls', in a white leather jacket, a purple shirt, black leggings and high-heeled boots with noticeable jewelry.

Damon looked at her in shock, recognizing her.

"You look like you've seen a dead girl," the girl told him. She tilted her head. "Pun intended."

"Kaylin," Damon told her.

Stefan smirked. "Kaylin."

"Hello, brothers," Kaylin told them, smirking.

The lights in the house turned on.

Damon recovered from his moment of shock, looking up. "I think we woke Zach and Nicola up. Sorry, Cola."

Damon walked toward the house, leaving.

Kaylin sighed, walking toward Stefan. "Damon never changes, does he?"

Kaylin held her hand toward Stefan.

Stefan took her hand, letting her help him up. "What are you doing here, Kaylin?"

Kaylin raised her eyebrows in innocence, her voice sounding as if she would say duh. "It's been almost a hundred years. I've missed my older bro." She tilted her head in acknowledgement. "Well, that, and I got your message."

Stefan smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "At least I'm happy to see one of my siblings, Kaylin."

Kaylin smiled, wrapping her arms around Stefan. "Don't worry. I got your back if anything goes wrong."

-

Inside - Foyer 

Nicola had heard the commotion, walking toward the door in confusion, placing down her bottle of bourbon on an end table next to the stairs as she passed.

The door opened before she got there, revealing Damon. He looked over Nicola. "Nikki? Last time I saw you, you were six. Been a long time."

"Could have gone for longer, if you ask me, Damon," Nicola told him, sighing as if to say I knew it.

"You expected me, didn't you, Nicola?" Damon asked. Nicola didn't answer. "Of course you did." Damon walked toward her. Nicola didn't move, unafraid. "Night, Cola." Damon walked toward the stairs. Zach was walking downstairs. Damon smirked, walking past him. "Hey, Zach."

Damon walked upstairs, leaving.

Nicola looked at Zach expressively. "Told you."

The front door opened.

Zach walked closer.

Nicola turned her head forward to look at the door.

Stefan and Kaylin were on the porch.

Stefan walked in.

Kaylin was outside, waiting at the threshold. "Hey."

Nicola looked from Kaylin to Stefan. "Who the hell's this?"

"She's our sister," Stefan answered.

Zach stood next to Nicola. "Kaylin."

Kaylin nodded, smiling. "One and only."

"Great," Nicola told them sarcastically. "All of the Salvatores are in Mystic Falls now, living under one roof. This should end terribly."

Kaylin smirked.

Stefan shook his head. "Kaylin is not like Damon, Nicola. I called her here for help."

"Can I come in?" Kaylin asked.

Zach exhaled. "You can come in, Kaylin."

Kaylin smiled, tilting her head, looking down. She slowly stepped inside. She looked up.

Nicola looked at Kaylin. "It's gonna take more than that for me to trust you, Kaylin."

Nicola turned. for the stairs , grabbing the bottle of bourbon, walking upstairs.

Kaylin watched her go with a smirk.

-

Woods 

Jeremy was drinking a beer. Liv sat next to him

Alex sat to the right of them, sitting next to Liv.

Elena sat to the left of them, sitting next to Jeremy. "You okay?" She rubbed Jeremy's arm. Jeremy pulled his arm away. Elena sighed. "I called Jenna, she's on her way."

Jeremy took a drink of beer from his bottle.

Alex pointed ahead of them. "Those people in uniforms, last time I checked, they're the police." Jeremy handed the bottle to Liv. Liv finished the drink, tossing the bottle behind them. "People are going to stop giving you breaks, Jer. They just don't care anymore. Liv, they don't remember that our parents are dead, because they've got their own lives to deal with. The rest of the world has moved on. You should try, too."

Jeremy looked from Elena to Alex. "I've seen both of you in the cemetery writing in your diaries."

Liv nodded. "Is that--is that supposed to be you moving on?"

Alex sighed, shaking her head. "Mom and Dad wouldn't have wanted this."

No one answered.

-

The Grill 

Eliza and Caroline sat together at a table.

"Are you sober yet?" Eliza asked.

Caroline looked up, moaning her answer. "No."

"Keep drinking," Eliza told her. "I gotta get us home before Mom flips."

"I'm not worried about Mom right now, Eliza," Caroline told her. "Why didn't he go for me? You know, how come the guys that I want never want me?"

Eliza shook her head. "I'm not touching that."

"I'm inappropriate," Caroline told her. "I always say the wrong thing. And... Elena always says the right thing. She doesn't even try, Eliza. And he just picks her. And she's always the one that everyone picks, for everything. And I try so hard, and... Eliza, I'm never the one."

Eliza gave her a sympathetic look. "It's not a competition, Caroline."

Caroline looked up. "Yeah, it is, Eliza."

-

Mystic Falls Hospital - Kacie's Hospital Room

(Song:) Siren Song - Bats for Lashes

Tyler was sitting at the hospital with Kacie.

Kacie was sleeping on the bed, in a hospital robe, a bandage over her neck, IVs in her arms. She slowly woke.

Tyler leaned forward, whispering. "Kacie... Hey. Hey, it's okay. You're gonna be okay."

Kacie could barely speak above a whisper. "Ty--"

Tyler shook his head. "Kace, don't try to talk, okay? You're fine."

"Vampire," Kacie told him.

Tyler's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

-~-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

(Song:) Never Say Never - The Fray 

Alex and Elena were writing in their diaries. Alex was on her bed. Elena was on the window seat.

Alex: (voice over) "Dear diary, I couldn't have been more wrong. I thought that I could smile, nod my way through it; pretend like it would all be okay."

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Stefan was sitting on his bed with his diary and Katherine's picture in his hands.

Stefan: (voice over) "I had a plan."

Stefan stood, walking toward his dresser, placing his journal with the others.

Stefan: (voice over) "I wanted to change who I was; create a life as someone new, someone without the past."

Elena: (voice over)  "Without the pain."

Alex/Elena/Stefan: (voice over) "Someone alive."

Stefan walked out of his room, leaving.

-

Gilbert House - Living Room

Jenna walked into the room, look at Liv sitting on the couch, facing away from her. Jenna leaned against the door frame, watching her.

Alex: (voice over) "But it's not that easy. The bad things stay with you."

Liv was looking at a picture of their parents, tears in her eyes, touching the glass over her mother's face.

Stefan: (voice over) "They follow you."

-

The Grill 

Eliza and Caroline were still sitting at their table.

Eliza stood, walking away, looking at her phone, revealing Damon behind her.

Damon turned his head to look at Caroline.

Stefan: (voice over) "You can't escape them, as much as you want to."

Damon smiled at Caroline.

Caroline smiled at Damon.

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room

Elena: (voice over) "All you can do is be ready for the good. So when it comes, you invite it in, because you need it. I need it."

Elena saw Stefan outside her window, pushing the blankets away, standing.

-

Foyer

Elena opened the front door.

"I know it's late," Stefan told her. "But, uh... I needed to know that you were okay."

Elena shook her head. "You know, for months, that's all anyone's wondered about me. If I'll be okay."

"What do you tell them?" Stefan asked.

"That I'll be fine," Elena answered.

"Do you ever mean it?" Stefan asked.

"Ask me tomorrow," Elena told him. "It's warmer in the house. We can talk. Would you like to come in?"

Stefan nodded. "Yes."

Stefan entered Elena's house, slowly stepping inside.

Elena closed the door.

-~-

1.02 "Night of the Comet" Trailer

(Song:) No Escape - Rie Sinclair 

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the hospital, Kacie was in bed, a bandage over her neck.

Tyler sat at her bedside.

"Vampire," Kacie whispered.

Tyler frowned in confusion.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Town Square, Stefan and Elena were talking.

"You didn't tell me that you had a brother or a sister," Elena told him.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Caroline's room, Damon transformed.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.02 Night of the Comet) "My brother and I... we're not close."

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the Stefan's room, Nicola and Kaylin were talking.

"Well, let me know when you want to join in on the land of the fun, and I'll show you how it's done," Kaylin told her, turning around, walking out of the room.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.02 Night of the Comet) "And for the longest time, neither were me and Kaylin."

Nicola watched her go thoughtfully.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.02 Night of the Comet) "And Nicola, and Zach? They're trapped in the middle of the family feuding."

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Town Square, Stefan and Elena were talking.

"It's complicated," Stefan told her.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", outside of MFHS, Jeremy walked toward Tyler. 

Liv saw him walking, turning to look at them, watching them from the field in curiosity.

"I'm gonna kick your ass," Tyler told him.

"I vote for right here, right now," Jeremy told him, pushing Tyler back, raising his eyebrows. He pointed at him threateningly. "If you hurt Vicki one more time or even try to get with my sister, I swear to God, I will kill you."

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", outside of MFHS, Tyler and Alex were talking.

"Well, according to Kace, they were attacked by a vampire," Tyler told her. Stefan was nearby, listening, looking up in alarm. "It's weird."

Alex smiled a teasing smile, speaking sarcastically. "Well, no, she just blamed their attack on something that doesn't exist."

Tyler and Alex turned, walking in the direction Stefan had been.

Stefan had disappeared.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the parking lot of the Mystic Grill, Damon faced Caroline and Eliza.

Eliza scoffed, smiling. "Cocky much?"

"Very much," Damon answered.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the MFHS's hallway, Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline walked along.

Caroline looked at Bonnie. "Are you psychic or clairvoyant?"

"Technically, Grams says I'm a witch," Bonnie told them.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Vicki's hospital room, Vicki thrashed violently. Matt restrained her.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", on a roof, Kaylin, Stefan and Damon stood together.

"This town could use a bit of a wake up call, don't you think?" Damon asked.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Kacie's hospital room, Tyler was sitting in his chair, sleeping.

Kacie reached toward him, touching his shoulder.

Damon appeared in front of her instead of Tyler, transformed, hissing menacingly.

Kacie gasped, backing away.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the Grill's bathroom, Vicki stood in front of the mirror. When she looked up, Damon was standing in the reflection of the mirror, transformed, running closer to attack her. Vicki screamed.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the woods, a woman running out of the woods, to the road where her car was, dropping her flashlight.

Damon's rushing form fell toward her, making her scream as they fell to the ground.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", on the roof, Kaylin, Stefan and Damon were together.

"I want you to remember who you are!" Damon told them in exasperation.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan and Elena were talking. 

"I'm scared, Stefan," Elena told him.

Stefan and Elena finally kissed slowly, sweetly.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Liv's room, Liv sat on her window seat, her arms resting on the window sill, her chin resting on her arms, looking out of her window to the night sky above. 

The comet was in the sky next to the crescent moon, soaring past slowly, almost as if it was never moving.

Liv smiled a small smile, sighing, closing her eyes.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the Salvatore Boarding House, Alex turned around.

Damon stood directly in front of Alex, tilting his head, looking over her inquisitively.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in the Salvatore Boarding House, in the living room, Stefan, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were talking.

Damon stepped closer to the hallway where Nicola was standing. "We all know the closest you'll get to humanity..." He stepped closer to Nicola, speaking into her ear tauntingly, as if he would hurt her. "Is when you rip it open and feed on it."

Nicola looked forward steadily, not giving a reaction. If she was intimidated by Damon or not, she didn't show it. She looked at Damon defiantly. "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?"

"Guess you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?" Damon asked, smirking.

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", on the MFHS football field, Liv turned around, walking further onto the field.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

1.3M 39.5K 51
"You don't pick who you fall in love with and it never happens as it should." ---- *Disclaimer I don't own any of The Vampire Diaries characters. All...
43.4K 787 43
I decided to create this because I already have an imagines book and I didn't want to combine this into that so it's separate. Please check out my im...
38.8K 786 42
(Unnamed Love Interest) (The Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction) Started on: April 14, 2021 Ended on: April 20, 2021
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...