Strength Survives {Sequel to...

By FlorGalore

Wanda Maximoff saved the future with Professor Charles Xavier, Hank McCoy, and Logan Howlett in 1973. It's no... More

Editing/Remastered
Strength Survives
The Incident
Seven Years
Back To School
Long Time, No See
Children of Magnus
Talking B-O-Y-S
Weird Dreams
Annoying Summers
Fear in my head
A New Blue Student
Sweet Dreams
Danger Unleashed
Follow The Bloody Red Road
All Out War
Hey guys
PSA/HELP FOR BOOK
FIGHT FOR CHANGE
Protect v. Destory

Mutant Mall Mania

3.3K 100 42
By FlorGalore

Kurt, Jubilee, Jean, Scott, and I went up the escalator of the mall.

We started walking off the escalator and continued walking across.

It'll be cool if we had a badass slow motion montage.

Kurt looked around in amazement until his eyes caught the electronics store where the televisions showed the classic aerobics women teaching their exercises. Kurt was mesmerized and started walking towards the televisions.

Seriously? Are all guys like this?

I grabbed Kurt's tail and gave it a tug. I gently pulled Kurt back, causing him to look at me.

I shook my head.

Kurt looked down as he cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

I looked at Jubilee and we both hid our chuckles.

"So, what do you think of the mall, Kurt?" I asked turning back to him.

"This place is like a temple." Kurt answered in amazement. "I've never seen anything more beautiful."

A group of kids looked at us. A guy nodded at Kurt with a smile.

Kurt looked at him in confusion.

"They don't fear us." Kurt realized.

"The world is changing, my friend." I said with a smile. "Thankfully for the better."

Hopefully it stays what way.

Kurt smiled back. I looked at the outfit I gave him. "I told you that outfit would look good on you." I addressed to Kurt, quickly fixing the red headband I was wearing.

Kurt looked down at his red thriller jacket and smoothed it.

"I like it. Thank you, Wanda." Kurt said. I smiled and nodded. Maybe being a stylist wouldn't be a bad career choice for me.

"Come on, let's go have a little fun! What should we do?" Scott asked. He walked backwards as he faced us. We all remained silent.

"Well you guys are no fun." Scott commented.

"Lets head to the Space Port Arcade." I answered. "There's nothing more fun than video games. My brother and I can both agree."

"You see?! Now, she's the definition of fun." Scott said.

I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled. "No duh!"

We walked into the Space Port.

Scott and Jean were playing against each other while Jubilee was playing next to them.

Kurt and I were next to each other.

I was playing Ms. Pac-Man. It would be cool if Peter and Lorna were here. Peter would just be crying at my score right now.

Kurt looked at my score as I saw him with the reflection of the game screen. His eyes widened.

"How do you get that big of a score?!" He asked.

"Kurt, you haven't even seen my high score. It made my brother cry. And this was ten years ago!" I replied. Kurt chuckled. I noticed that he was playing a game and using his tail to play another game!

I smiled in amazement.

"Rad!" A boy commented with a smile, looking at Kurt.

"I know right?!" I agreed with a smile.

---------

"Hey, guys. Can we get some slushees? I'm thirsty." Jubilee spoke tiredly. "And I wanna take a break."

"That I agree to. To the food court!" I said, pointing my finger like an adventurer to the food court. Everyone laughed and followed me to the food court

Jean ordered the slushees for us. We didn't have to rush, so we just grabbed a table and enjoyed our slushees. I scooped some of my strawberry slushee with a plastic spoon and chewed on the icy sweet treat.

The others were all sipping through the straws. Well, Kurt was actually slurping his.

Jubilee was checking out the screenings for Star Wars: Return of The Jedi.

"Okay, there's one at one, four, and seven but that is too late." Jubilee informed.

"We can just go to the one o'clock. That's fine." I stated. I turned to Kurt and saw that he had slurped almost all of his slushee fast.

"Kurt, I think you drank it too f--"

"Aah! Guys, something's wrong!" Kurt shouted, cutting me off and holding his head.

"It's called a brain freeze." Scott said, smiling.

"What?! I froze my brain?!" Kurt shouted frantically. I stifled a laugh.

"Yeah." Scott joked.

"No, Kurt. It's just a saying." Jean assured with a smile. Kurt started to calm down.

"Oh. That is good to hear." He sighed, rubbing his head.

"Alright, I think that's enough for you, Mister." I said, taking away Kurt's slushee. He nodded in agreement.

"Ja. It is."

---------

The others went to the record store while Kurt and I went into a Payless shoe store. He was always barefoot so I wanted to get him some shoes to at least make him feel comfortable when walking around.

Kurt looked at all the shoes in amazement. He and I looked down at his feet.

It only had two toes each and they were big.

"Maybe you're a size ten?" I pondered.

I looked to my left and saw a boy look at us, before giving Kurt a smile and a thumbs up.

Kurt looked at his hand and gave the boy a thumbs up with a smile as well, his fangs showing.

The boy made a funny look of disgust in a joking way.

I stifled a laugh while Kurt quickly put his hand down.

A half an hour later and the Payless employee couldn't find any shoes for Kurt his size.

He comforted Kurt by patting his shoulder before walking away.

"Hey if basketball players can have shoes, then you can have them too. We just gotta keep looking!" I told Kurt, trying to lighten the mood. He gave a half-smile and a shrug.

--------

We caught up with Jean and the others outside of the shoe store. As we continued walking, we noticed a bunch of guys break dance. The talent these guys have. Let me tell you.

I smirked at before before going into the dance circle and started to dance. I was doing the robot and the moon walk.

"Wanda! Wanda! Wanda!" Jean and Jubilee chanted, causing other bystanders to cheer as well. I saw Kurt laughing and Scott cheering. I let out a laugh and started to wave Kurt over.

"Come on!" I told Kurt. Kurt shook his head with a smile.

"I don't take no for an answer!" I told him, before grabbing his arm and pulling him into the circle. "Let the nerves out!"

Kurt looked at me and started break dancing. He was dancing too well may I add.

I smiled in amazement at the moves he was doing.

A few seconds later, Kurt started spinning on his tail. That's when everyone cheered aside from my group who stared in shock.

"Whoo!!" I shouted after a while, clapping.

This guy got some moves!

--------

After our fun dancing fiasco, we were finally watching Return of The Jedi.

"Woah!" Scott and Jubilee said in amazement, watching the explosions in the film.

I was between Jubilee and Kurt, while Scott and Jean were next to each other. I saw Jean and Scott look at each other and nervously smile while sharing popcorn. I smiled at the sight of them.

I looked at screen and continued watching the film to let them be.

A minute later, I felt an arm around my shoulders. My smile faltered as I looked at the arm and noticed the red sleeve and the blue hand with three fingers. My eyes widened and I looked at Kurt, who was looking at the screen.

"Uh, Kurt?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" Kurt hummed, looking at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked awkwardly, then looked at his arm once more.

"Nothing." Kurt answered. I smiled a little.

"Why do you have your arm wrapped around my shoulders?" I continued whispering.

"Because you're my friend?" He answered in confusion.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Um, don't friends do this to each other?" Kurt asked. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. He then motioned his head to a boy and girl smiling at each other, the boy had his arm around the girl. Oh boy.

"Kurt, they're not friends." I whispered to him, making him look at me.

"Huh?" Kurt asked. I motioned my head to the couple. Kurt looked at them. A second later, the boy and girl's leaned closer, their lips touching.

"Oh!" Kurt whispered in shock. He quickly pulled his arm away from my shoulders.

"S-Sorry! I'm sorry!" He apologized nervously.

"I-It's fine." I replied, a faint blush on my cheeks. We both looked forward and continued watching the movie.

Yeah, We need to teach Kurt all about the ways of socializing a little more.

---------

All five of us walked out of the movie theater once the movie ended.

"I'm just saying, Empire is still the best. It's the most complex, the most sophisticated. It wasn't afraid to have a dark ending." Jubilee debated with Scott.

"Come on, if it wasn't for the first one, you wouldn't have any of the rest of the movies." Scott replied.

"Well, at least we could all agree that the third one's always the worst." Jean spoke.

"I don't care. At least I got to see Han Solo again. I mean come on, Ladies, isn't he gorgeous?" I asked.

"Yes!" Jubilee and Jean gushed.

"Ugh. Girls." Scott groaned. I glared at him.

"Please, Scott. Your thoughts about Princess Leia were off the charts." Jean exposed. I let out a laugh and pointed at him. Scott glared at Jean through his glasses. Jean just gave an innocent shrug and continued walking ahead.

We all continued walking when I noticed the electronics store again. I looked at the T.V's, and noticed they had the news on this time.

I saw the news headline.

Magneto at Large

My breath got caught in my throat and I walked closer.

"Erik Lehnsherr was identified living in Central Poland with his wife and daughter," The news reporter started. I felt my mouth gaped in shock.

Erik had a family?

"Magda and nine year-old Nina Gurzsky were found murdered along with a group of Poland Police. Lehnsherr fled left the scene and is on the run. If anyone has any information about Lehnsherr, also known as Magneto, please contact your police department. And please proceed with caution, as Magneto is considered highly dangerous." The new reporter continued.

My breathing increased. He's out there? Where could he be now? Is Pietro watching this?

We have another sister?....had.

Only nine years-old...she was a child. A small child. Her life barley started!

I looked down and saw my hands glowing red.

"No, no. Stop. Not now." I whispered. The deep hum started to fade in.

"No, no, no. Go away, please." I quietly begged. I quickly tucked my hands under my arms. I don't need this right. Not here, not now.

"Wanda?"

I turned to look at Kurt, who stood in front of me.

"Are you alright?" He asked with a worried look. His eyes darted to my hands. His voice sounded muffled due to the loud humming.

"I-I can't stop it. It won't calm down." I whispered. I felt my eyes getting glossy. I looked around and noticed some people look at me weirdly. Kurt looked at them then looked at me. He then took my glowing hands with his. His hands were larger so they covered mine. I quickly shut my eyes.

"Wanda, breathe. Breathe in and hold it for a few seconds. Just breathe." Kurt spoke calmly. I closed my eyes and started breathing slowly. It took a while due to my rapid and choppy breathing.

I inhaled, held my breath in before I exhaled.

"Just keep doing it." Kurt repeated.

"Wanda?!" I heard Jean run towards me.

"Is she okay?!" Jubilee asked in worry. I continued the breathing technique a few more times. The hum started to fade out. I opened my eyes and quickly observed my hands.

They glowing started to fade out. The humming was completely gone as well.

"I'm okay." I told Jean. "I think I'm okay now."

Jean nodded, placing her arm around my shoulder.

"We got you." Jubilee said, hooking my arm with hers.

I sighed in relief, then looked at Kurt.

"Thank you, Kurt."

"You help me, so I help you." Kurt replied. He then looked at the T.V.

"He is on the loose?" Kurt asked. I nodded.

"Is that why you were freaking out?" Scott asked in concern. I looked at Jean nervously. I really couldn't give him an answer. Her mouth set in a hard line.

"Yeah, you could say that. Bad guy, y'know?" I answered.

The guys don't have to know yet.

"We should get back. We don't want the Professor worrying about where his car is. Also people are starting to stare." I explained, looking down at my boots. Scott gave me a nod.

"Yeah, sure." He agreed. We started walking towards the downward escalator. Jean still had her arm around my shoulder and Jubi's arm linked with mine.

"I killed the vibe. I'm sorry." I spoke quietly, looking at Jubilee. She quickly shook her head.

"No, you didn't! You can't help with your powers getting out of whack, Dude. Besides we were about to leave anyway." She explained while tightening her arm around mind.

I gave her a half corned smile as we kept walking towards the escalator heading down.

Does my family know that Erik's somewhere out there? A man who lost his family. He's on a rampage. With how he's feeling...Who knows what he'll do next.

Thank you so much for reading

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.3K 42
Sequel to Wandavision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness. 3 words altered history. Three words destroyed the m...
3.5K 81 15
Being trained by HYDRA and the Red Room made you one of the top assassins. Along with filling your life with nightmares, regrets and memories. Fortun...
10K 225 20
Y/n Maximoff is the lost twin sister of Quicksilver, Peter Maximoff. She has the ability to control metal, like her father, Magneto. While her powers...
67.8K 2K 23
What if there was a chance to save Pietro? Could the Maximoff twins be reunited? What if they weren't the only ones returned? Where will their new...