My Warlock Mate.

By Maroon1479

RUSSO'S BOOK THREE! Jaycee has been waiting a long time for Hermes, her childhood best friend. She knew he wa... More

My Warlock Mate.
(Chapter One.)
(Chapter Two.)
(Chapter Three.)
(Chapter Four.)
(Chapter Five)
(Chapter Six.)
(Chapter Seven.)
(Chapter Eight.)
(Chapter Nine.)
(Chapter Ten.)
(Chapter Eleven.)
(Chapter Twelve.)
(Chapter Thirteen.)
(Chapter Fourteen.)
(Chapter Fifteen.)
(Chapter Sixteen.)
(Chapter Seventeen.)
{Chapter Eighteen}
{Chapter Nineteen}
{Chapter Twenty.}
(Chapter Twenty-Two)
(Chapter Twenty-Three.)
(Chapter Twenty-Four)
(Chapter Twenty-Five.)
(Chapter Twenty-Six.)
(Chapter Tweny-Seven)
(Chapter Twenty-Eight)
(Chapter Twenty-Nine)
(Chapter Thirty.)
(Chapter Thirty-One.)
(Chapter Thirty-Two)
(Chapter Thirty-Three.)
(Chapter Thirty-Four.)
(Chapter Thirty-Five.)
(Chapter Thirty-Six.)
(Chapter Thirty-Seven.)
(Chapter Thirty-Eight.)
(Chapter Thirty-Nine.)
(Epilogue.)
(Extra.)

(Chapter Twenty-One)

23.7K 885 35
By Maroon1479

My mom tried to act like she had been reading the whole time as we walked into the house and faked a surprised look as she set her book down and smiled. She set the book down and got up, bring her hand up to her mouth, “Oh, my God, Hermes! Look how tall you've gotten!”, she said since she had to look up at him.

“Yeeaaahh, Mrs Russo.”, he said awkwardly.

“It's Abigail, Hermes.”, she said, smiling bigger. “Soooo, I've been excited to see you ever since Jaycee told me you came back.”

My dad went over to Hermes side and put his hand on his shoulder, dragging him over to the recliner, and forced him down on the it. My dad looked at me and wiggled his finger and pointed at the love seat. My bit my lower lip as I looked down at the carpet as I walked over and if I was in my wolf form, my tail would be in between my legs.

I know this is not going to be well.

“Jaycee, care to share us something?”, my dad asked.

“Scott, I'm confused.”, my mom said, going next to my mom side and look at the both of us. “What's wrong?”

“Jaycee needs to tell us something.”, my dad said as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Jaycee Carlina, explain.”

Oh shit, shit got real now that he used my middle name, I said and hesitated as I turned to look into the kitchen. After gaining some courage, I sighed and looked back up at my dad, “Hermes is. . .different.”, I said and both my parents gave me a confused look. “He's. . .a. . .witch—well, warlock.”, I said, then chuckled, “That's what they call the male witches.”

I sucked in my lips and gave a painful look as their eyes and mouth dropped at the same thing. My father eyes looked like they had seen a ghost and he looked kind of pale. I got scared when he turned to Hermes and I was ready to see that big brown wolf of my dad wreck the living room as he transformed. He just held his arm up towards the door, “Get the hell out of my house.”, he said.

“Dad, wait—”, I started but he cut me off.

“Stay out of this Jaycee.”, my dad said, not taking his eyes off Hermes who looked pretty calm. “I knew there was something weird about his parents and why they were looking at me those years ago when we met. Why are you still even here?”, my dad growled at Hermes. “Get out!”

“Dad, stop!”, I said as I got up from the love seat and my dad head turned to me, making me almost cower down on the seat because I could feel the alpha part of him. “Look, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.”

“Your delusional, Jaycee.”, my dad said. “This—this witch cast some spell in your head to make you think you to are! He's playing with your emotions and I wont let this scum do that.”

“Hey!”, Hermes said, clearly offend.

“Scott, maybe we should let Jaycee explain some more.”, my mom said, but she was clearly freaked out because it was written on her face.

“What is there to explain?”, my dad asked, scuffing. “Werewolves and witches don't mate, Abigail, it's impossible.”

“Actually it isn't, dad.”, I said, then sighed. “It does happen, it's rare, but it does.”

“If it does, then why haven't we ever heard about it? Huh?”, he asked, his voice getting hard.

“Because of the same reason what your doing now!”, I said. “It's unacceptable, we hate each other but you don't understand that we're more alike then you think.”

“Don't compare us to that demon.”, my dad said, pointing at Hermes. “His kind is what made us like this, we're not even considered human anymore after fourteen!”

“Then explain how I feel dad.”, I said, pointing at my chest. “How you talk about how you first saw mom, it's how I feel with Hermes. I feel so much attraction and bond towards him.”

“He's a witch, it's magic!”, he said then turned to Hermes. “You're messing with my daughter head, huh? Messing with the poor little wolf girl for your own amusement?”

“My powers aren't that strong, Mr Russo.”, he said as he got up from the recliner. “And to answer your question, no I haven't. Believe me, it was weird enough for me. If you just let Jaycee finish explaining herself though you can understand how it can happen.”

My dad was breathing hard out his nose and he looked like he was trying hard to control his anger, “Jaycee, continue.”

I bit my lower lip, “Dad, we share the same spirits.”, I said and he gave me a confused look. “Magic is what created us to be like this, so magic fun through our body.”

“What are you saying, Jaycee?”, my mom asked since it seems like my father could.

“I'm saying—me, dad, the whole family is can do magic.”, she said and they both looked taken back.

“Jaycee, cut it out!”, my dad barked, making my back straighten up as I almost wanted to fall to the ground, whimpering. “Making these sick jokes.”

“They're not jokes dad.”, I said, giving him a begging look.

He held his pointer finger at me, “Stop with all your lying young lady.”

“I'm not!”, I said, defending myself. “I did those on Hermes just ten minute ago!”, I said as I grabbed Hermes arm and pulled his sleeve up. “I did them with magic, my magic.”

My dad quickly reached out and grabbed Hermes by his flannel shirt and forced Hermes on his knees, “Your teaching my daughter magic! I should kill you for trying to turn her into one your kind and against her family!”, he said and Hermes was fighting to keep his tough act look on as he glared back up at my dad.

“Scott, stop it!”, my mom said, trying to take his hands off Hermes as I went behind Hermes, trying to move my dads hands awhile, “Dad, let go!”

“Jaycee will never become like you.”, my dad said as his eyes turned black. “You not taking my daughter away from her family.”

Hermes finally put his hands on my dad arm and said something in Latin.

My dad cried out in pain as he let go of Hermes and stumbled back, “Did you just zap me!”, he yelled in anger as I helped Hermes up from the from the floor. My dad went forward to Hermes, but I quickly ran in front of Hermes, blocking him from my dad.

“No!”, I growled at him and he looked taken back at me for talking back to him so disrespectfully. It took so much courage to do that to my own father, my alpha father.

“Jaycee, move away!”, he growled. “I'm your father, I promised to protect you from his kind!”

“Hermes isn't like those witches and warlocks you tell me about!”, I yelled at him.

“They're all the same!”, he said. “No matter what you think, he is.”

“I would never hurt Jaycee.”, Hermes said, his voice hard.

“Is that why she would come crying home sometimes that first day of school?”, my dad asked. “I thought it was because you might have been a punk ass human little guy, but now I know why.”

“I regret hurting Jaycee in the beginning.”, Hermes said. “You would have wanted me to do that though because I am a warlock. You would have wanted me to stay away wouldn't you? I couldn't though, the pull is just as strong.”

“Dad, please.”, I said, giving him my puppy eyes he use to give into when I was a kid. “He's my mate, you will have to accept him.”

“I don't care.”, he said bluntly, making me take in a sharp breath as I stared at him in surprised.

“Scott, stop that.”, my mom said. “I know this is surprising, but Jaycee is a smart girl. She wouldn't say Hermes is if he wasn't.”

“He's a witch, Abigail. You don't know what he could do to her. He's teaching her magic for god sakes!”, he said to my mom.

“That's probably what he would say.”, I said, making them both eyebrows furrowed together as they looked confused. “Juan, he would say the same thing. He hated witches and he hunted them down.”

My dad bared his teeth, “Don't talk about him, Jaycee. See, he's turning you against your family!”

“No!”, I said. “Juan would hate himself if he knew he could have done magic that whole time! Believe it or not dad, but we can! We're stronger then Hermes actually, but if we use it to much we could either make our shift stop or kill ourselves! Please stop yelling so we can talk!”

My dad shook his head, “No, no.”, he said in denial then looked at Hermes. “You don't get out here, I'll call my brother, he's a cop. I could do this legally, he'll be more then willingly to arrest your ass once he knows what's in my house.”, he said, turning around and walked over to phone and I gave my mom a pleading look to stop him as my eyes stung up with tears.

“Scott, stop!”, my mom said and my dad shook his head as he grabbed the phone.

“No, Abigail, you will understand one day—“

“By thee light.”, I said and the baseball of light appeared at my hand, freezing my dad as he stared at the ball. “I wouldn't be able to do this if I wasn't as strong as I am.”, I said, fighting back the tears.

“Ja-Jaycee, stop it.”, my dad said as I walked over to him.

I took his hand in my free hand, “Dad, just try. It's a wonderful feeling, believe me.”

“No.”, he said, taking his hand back and set the phone back.

I took a big chance and took his hand, “Say it!”, I said, my voice hard. “Think of a light, a star or light bulb in your head. Put your soul into it, think of something that makes your mad, happy, or sad and say 'by thee light'.”

“No.”, he said, his voice hard back but he didn't take his hand back. “We can't do magic, Jaycee. He's lying to you.”

“Then how am I doing this?”, I asked, holding the ball of light up as he took his hand away from mine again.

My dad looked at it and his adams apple moved hard in his throat, “If it doesn't work, I never want to see you do that again. Understand?”, he asked.

I nodded, “Fine.”

He bit his bottom lip and took a deep breath, “Okay. . .by thee light.”, he said, holding his hand out and nothing happened. “See—”, he was cut off when my free hand went into his and I curled our fingers together, light streaming out between our fingers. He gasp when I slowly lift my hand out of his and the ball of light stays above his hand.

“Needed a little flick to star it up.”, I said. “I been doing it the pass week, my magic been powered up.”

“I-I. . .”, he didn't even know how finish his speech as he moved his hand and the ball of light moved with his hand. His was brighter then mine, but I can only guess it was because he was older and stronger. “I can't believe this.”

“Oh God.”, my mom said, her hand up to her mouth as she went to his side. She reached out and touched the light a little, “It's not even hot. Scott, this changes everything. Everything about your family.”

“I know.”, he breathed out, not taking his eyes off the light once.

My mom looked at me and gasp, “Jaycee—”

I felt Hermes come up behind me and put his under mine, closing my hand and made the ball disappear, “Enough magic, Jaycee. Your nose is bleeding again.”, he said and I brought my hand up to my nose again where it was bleeding.

“Bleeding?”, my dad questioned as he finally looked away from the ball of light. “Why would she be bleeding?”

“If—if I use to much magic, it could effect my body.”, I said. “Like I said, my mate with Hermes is rare and they didn't tell for some reason, but they must have not wanted us to abuse our powers because it do so many horrible stuff to us. Like make us stop shifting or worse, dad. I'll have to wait a few days before I could do magic again, I already did so much today.”

My dad looked at the ball of light and closed his hand slowly, making the ball of light disappear, “Oh.”, he said. “I'm so sorry I yelled at you Jaycee.”, he said, looking at me apologetic and I gave him a smile.

-----

# this if you guys liked this chapter just for fun on twitter!! Lol put #mywarlockmate !! :) Actually, # which ever book of the Russo series was your favorite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 77 41
"Where is Alexander?" Every Nightwalker she runs into seems to be asking her the same question. Truth be told, she's never even met the guy, how coul...
15.1M 557K 56
Prince of Werewolf's, Alto August Nolan has been searching for his life mate for years, traveling all around the world. The 'Dark' prince soon gives...
5.3K 300 7
***SAMPLE FROM AN iReader EXCLUSIVE NOVEL*** Centuries after Jade Quinn's husband, sister, and coven were killed in the Salem Witch Trials, she attem...
45K 2.4K 31
Elliot Harper, or Ellie as she likes to be called, thought she was a normal girl about to turn 16 when everything went up in smoke. Just a normal day...