Meant To Be (A Zanemau Fanfic)

By babyboyhodi

Aphmau and Zane have been best friends since Sprinkles. They're been through so much, from protecting each ot... More

MLP Dates
Dress?!
Aaron?!
Are we still BFFs?
Will it Ruin the Friendship?
Secrets...
Author's Note
Flirtatious Much, Zane?
Characters
The Convention
What are you doing here?!?!?!?!
A/N
What??
Uh-oh...
#Zanemau
UPDATE!!
Fourth of July
Da Lazy Slob
GET YOUR TISSUES
One Last Time, For Good Times Sake

Zanemau (with more detail)

1K 18 13
By babyboyhodi

Zane's POV- Aphmau and I are having more and more pony dates and having it longer and longer. It's fun and all, but Aphmau has been all giddy whenever I come over.

She's also hugging me a lot. Maybe Mom coming got her into the dating stuff, but we're alone, so why...

We're only friends... right?

Aphmau's POV- I've been having a lot more free time. We have a lot of extra money from fixing the damages during the fire. So, I decided that I should play ponies with Zane! ^·^ I've even ordered in a dress for him to wear that he'll LOVE. After I get it, I'll ask Zianna to sow some black lace to it... he'll LOVE it!!!

Lately, Zane has been more social to me whenever he comes over. I mean, he always is, but there's just something strange about it...

We're only friends... right?

The next day

Z's POV- M-M-Mom sowed me something and said it was from my best friend-whoops sorry, 'girlfriend'. I hate acting like Aphmau's boyfriend. It ruins out relationship and makes it so awkward when I go over.

You might say awww or ooh but she gave me a DRESS. I love Aphmau and all-wait no,no,no!! Aphmau can be my best friend, but if she told Mom that we play ponies then I'll just tell everyone then about how Aaron made her late on her curfew on the date. I know EVERYTHING about Aphmau that she'll let me know, and it's the same for me too. She doesn't know the fact that I use to like Katelyn in high school for example.

Ap's POV- I got sick today so I couldn't deliver the dress to Zane. Okay, maybe I was tired by playing games with FC. I know it's Aaron, but I like FC much better. I gave the lace and the dress to Kawaii-Chan to take to Zianna. I made sure that she didn't try to switch the black for pink, hehehe.

After Kawaii-Chan came back, she made me...chicken noodle soup from Zianna...to sooth me...into a deep... sleep...

Z's POV- I was heading down to Aphmau's today this morning. Mom told me that Kawaii-Chan came to deliver the dress because Aphmau was sick, and I felt bad for even thinking that Aphmai would tell my secret.

I ran into Aaron while I was on my way. Or, he ran into me. Today he was actually running with Celeste because she had stayed at his house overnight.

"Hey, Zane," he said coolly. I said hello back.

"Are you possibly headed to Aphmau's?" he asked.

"Yes, I am. Aphmau is sick so I wanted to see her." I replied. He just nodded at me.

When I got to her house, she was in bed napping, stirring around occasionally. Katelyn was also there, reading a theatre book next to the bed. She looked up.

"Zane, could you take duty?I've got to go see Jef- someone," she begged. I shrugged.

30 minutes later- Aphmau woke up. She turned around and smiled.

"I'm lacking a hug," she grinned.
I stood up. "You're not really sick are you?" I smirk.
She blushed. "Just gimme a hug!"

Aaron's POV- After washing up Celeste and myself,we went over to Aphmau's. When I got there I slowly pushed her door open and gapped.

There, in the bed, was Zane hugging Aphmau.

Restraining myself, I turned and walked away.
"Aaron!" I hear faintly. I keep walking.

Laurence and Garroth aren't challenge, but is Zane competition?

Ap's POV- Aaron found me and Zane hugging. I have feelings for him but...

it seems as if Zane likes ME...
I don't wanna break his black, sweet heart.

Z's POV- I've just lost my best friend I think..

Aaron found me hugging her. I KNOW that Aphmau likes Aaron...Aaron'll be mad at her and she'll be mad at me!!

I thought we had a connection...

Two weeks later

Ap's POV- Zane and I haven't talked in a while. I really love him, my feelings are getting stronger. I'm literally going to die if I don't tell anyone.

Z's POV- I call Aphmau  in the phone. If she's going to be mad at me, I can at least tell her I like her.
"Aph?"
"Zane..?"
"Can I come over?"
"You don't have to ask! Of course you can! You're like a brother to me!"
I pause.
"Zane?"
I hang up.

Aph's POV- "Zane?" I say. The phone goes off. What? Was he in a hurry or..?
Ding dong!!
I rushed downstairs and opened the door. Zane walked in and dragged me to the living room. He sat down across from me.
"Aphmau, I really love you. You always make me smile and you never judge me. I wish to be with you forever so will you actually date me? Even though you consider me as a brother to you, will you at least think of me and you together as a couple?"
I looked into his eyes.

"How could I say no?"
His eyes sparkled as he jumped up to hug me.

A month later

Zane and I have been dating secretly... If Zianna ever comes back we can tell her that we haven't 'broke up'.

Zianna is SO nice!! She bought me a beautiful purple dress! Aaron saw me though...I'm scared that this might ruin our friendship.

Aaron's POV- I don't understand why they were hugging in her room if they only need to act like this whenever Zane's mom is around... Don't tell me they're actually dating...

Garroth's POV- Mommy bought Aphmau a beautiful dress... I wish we could dance the night away, Aphmau and I... Then, under the moon, we'd kiss while a shooting star passes by... and we'd hug and hold each other the entire night...

I'd squeeze her hard enough so that she'll forget about Aaron. I'm glad that she doesn't like Zane.

Zianna's POV- EEK! Zuu Zuu and Aphmo- hehehehe, I mean Aphmau are SOO CUTE! I knew my handsome son would have such a beautiful wife...

And kids...

And one dog...

And two hamsters...

Kawaii-Chan's POV- EEK! I just texted Aphmau-senpai that there's a cosplay convention! YAAY!!

·15 minutes earlier·

Aphmau's POV- I was heading down to Aaron's house to apologize about the date. I was thinking about whether I should tell him that we were dating when I bumped into Zane.

"Oh, hey Aphmau," he said, looking down at his feet, blushing. "I was just heading over to see you,"

"W-well I was going to go apologize to Aaron," I said nervously.

Zane lifted my chin up and held me. "Even though my mom IS partly why we're together? We're destiny Aphmau." He smiled, I think. I saw his puffy cheeks rise from under his mask.

I laughed forcefully and pulled away. I didn't want to be seen like this. "H-how about you come with me?" Zane looked a bit disappointed (he looks like a sad puppy noo!), but he nodded and followed me.

Aaron's POV-  Zane and Aphmau headed over to my house. I groaned at the sight of Zane. As I let them in, Zane said," I'm gonna have to hold her hand. Oh, and if you ever look away, just know that we took a smooch." Grr.. He's such a tease.Quickly, with no control, I pushed him down the porch. He quickly recovered and jumped at me!

Travis' POV- "Well, bye Travis!" Katelyn waved at me as I crossed the street. I then see Zane,Aphmau, ooh, and she looked FINE today, and Aaron in his front lawn. Aphmau was scolding them VERBALLY(ahaha,you dirty thinker!) while the boys were glaring at each other. I ran over there.

"-and I know that this isn't you! You guys can't even be friends... I want everybody to be happy.." Aphmau started to tear up. The two quarreling boys, Aaron and Zane, apologized to each other and to Aphmau.

"Hehehe,yay we're all friends now! C'mon, let's go play or do something!"Aphmau squealed.

"Yo, Aphmau! Guess what? I totally nailed the conservation with Katelyn!" I shouted, all of them noticing me right then.

"Ooh good! Hey, do you want to hang out with us?"she said eagerly.

Yeah! I nodded. I'm totally nailing it today. #teamtravis

~2 hours later~

Aph's POV- Zane and I entered the dance competition, and we won! They gave us a $50 gift card each for the next convention!! That means I'll buy all the ponies; with this extra money and my own money I can beat Zane at his own trot!! Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!

Lucinda's POV- Is our entire group blind? You can obviously see that loving, fierce look in their eyes. And yes, reader, I'm a witch. I can find my way around things, like your author, or, which will soon happen, making Katelyn ask Travis out.

Odie's POV- "Lucinda!! What are you doing?!! Get out of the story; you're not in this part! And Travis is MINE!! It's Travianna to the end!" I yell. Lucinda shrugs and strolls away. I turn to the readers. "Sorry guys, back to the sto- Lucinda come back here!!"

Aaron's POV- I tried to talk to the winning dance team, but people were crowding them. Aphmau was hugging Zane and saying stuff like 'Thank you!' and 'Ready to buy ponies next year?' while he was standing there, running his hands in her hair. I growled. People around them said things like:

'Good job!'

'Teach us how to dance!'

'You guys are so cute!'

'You guys are so coordinated!'

Then one girl said, "Are you two dating?" I widened my eyes. There, with my own eyes, they kissed each other. Lip to lip, they kissed each other. I could sense the love essence. My heart broke. I walked away, to our apartment, sat on a bed, and silently cried. My love, my happiness.

I could not let this be. Aphmau liked ME first.

And she'll like me in the end...

Zane's POV- Aaron called me today.
"Hey,Yandere Senpai," I chuckle through the phone. I expected a growl, but I heard none
"Since I now  know that Aphmau loves you, and sadly not me, can you come over? I have something I want to give her but she won't talk to me."
"Oh, sure!" I say. I get in my car and drive to  his house.
Once  I get in he smiles at me.  I Walk inside and he locks the door ended . "Aphmau loved me first and she will in the end," he says, giving  me his evil eye. I laugh.
"Aaron,Aaron,Aaron. I am pure evil.  YurT so Tyne.? Fight me."I grin. He tries to punch me, but I easily .
"Oh, so you meant it?" I smirk. "Well, congrats! You get to see what's under this floppy hair," I laugh and lift my hair. "Look inside. You'll  see your  worst nightmare." I continue laughing.
"AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Zianna's POV- While I was trying to be hip with the kids, I saw a trending video, called Winners of Dancing Competition Kiss!, I saw, with my 2 eyes, Aphmau and Zane on the cover! Eeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!! I went on Google Maps® and searched the convention while prepping to run there. "My baby's getting MARRIED!!! Whooooo!!!!" I screamed, running to the convention.

~10 minutes later~

I finally made it,just in time to hug Zuu-Zuu. "When's the wedding?" I said eagerly. Everybody laughed.

"M-mom?! What are you doing here?" Garroth shouted. I just grinned and said,"When's the wedding?"Everybody laughed again.

"Mother!! We're just dating! Like actually dating! So we kissed!! So what?" Zane shouted. I could tell that he was so mortified, but I grinned bigger. "You're actually dating now!" I screamed.

Aphmau's POV- I smiled, and let go of Zane's hand. "Zianna, how about you stay with us? You seem to have ran to thi-" I saw a man in green.

"Mom? You can't just run out here out of nowhere!" Vylad shouted. Behind him, Laurence was walking towards us. " I had to drive us all the way over here," he said, before looking into my eyes. I waved. "Haven't seen you in a long time Laurence!" I shouted. Then I looked at everyone: Zianna, Garroth, Vylad,Lucinda, Travis, Odie, Katelyn, Kawaii-Chan, Laurence, basically the whole group!

" Um, guys, since there are so many of us, how about we go get some snacks and sleep in nature?" I said, bringing all the noise down.

"Aphmau, have you forgotten? I'm a witch. I can transport the food, or even bring different foods." Lucinda said smugly.

"Lucinda, have you forgotten? I'm the author, and I CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN!! WATCH THIS!!" Odie shouts, says a few words, and does something none of us could figure out. Then she said some more words, and we ended up in a campfire with marshmallows and a cake with Zane and I on top. Odie grinned. I smiled. She was such a cheery girl.

Michi's POV- I surprisingly ended up in the same room as Aaron. With nobody else. Hehehe, he's mine.

"Aaron. Aaron.Aaron." I calmly said, waking him up. He yawned and then looked up. He blinked.

"Michi?! What are you doing here?" He said. I shushed him.

"I'm only here to make you feel better. I know what happened with Zane and Aphmau. They've hugged in front of you, and now they kissed. She doesn't deserve you th-"

"But I deserve her! Not Zane!" He shouted. He looked so hot.

"Make her jealous or something then. Date me, the only one who cares. I'm not evil. People say I'm evil, but I just want friends." I say, with a sweet face on. Or, maybe I want a boyfriend.

"I-I don't know." He said, hesitating.

"Oh c'mon, what've you got to lose?" I say. Dignity, that's what.

"Sure..." he said.

"Yay! Now, let's go make our first public appearance!"
I dragged Aaron and we walked to the park.

"Relax, Aaron," I said. He finally smiled, sort of, and then I surprised him by racing him to the park. He actually picked me up after he caught up to me.

"Mommy, were you and Daddy like that?" A little girl shouted, bringing more attention to us. Then I just planted a giant kiss on his forehead. Everybody shouted. I had totally won Aaron's heart- now it was time to see how Aphmau feels

Aph's POV-- "Hey guys, look, a park! Let's go! We've had enough fun here, so we've gotta make s'more!" I yell.

"What, are we 5 year olds?" Zane scoffed, though I could see he wanted to go.

"Race you!" I shouted, and ran as fast as I can. Everybody laughed.

"H-hey!" Zane shouted, chasing me. Everybody followed: Travis walking in the middle of Katelyn and Lucinda, Kawaii-Chan and Odie talking about cats and anime, Vylad, Garroth, and Laurence catching up about their lives, and Zianna recording a video of Zane and I.

Michi's POV- Speak of the devil. And no, I wasn't just talking about the dumb Zanemau thing. They're just devils.

"Aaron, it's time!" I whisper.His eyes meet where my gaze was focused and he nodded.

"Aaron.. I'm... uh, I'm so sorry for stuttering. I r-really like you.." I say with a fake shy act. He falls for it.

"Can I be your... girl..friend?"

"I'd.. honestly love that."

"STOP!" A crazy woman yells, holding a camera. "You're ruining Zuu-Zuu's video!"

"Who is Zuu-Zuu? Can't you see that my boyfr-" I begin.

"Aaron. I really do love Zane. I really do. If you love Michi, then I'm happy for you but, I'm not gonna break up with Zane for you." Aphmau said, her hands behind her back.

"So, Zane, will you marry me?"

Zane's POV- "Aphmau... I....Yes. I will marry you." I picked her up, spun her around, and kissed her. Everyone clapped, except Michi and Aaron.

"Yay! We have Zuumau now!" Mom shouted.

"It's Zanemau!" Kawaii-Chan and Odie grinned. "And you're all invited to the after party. The wedding is in July!" They started passing out invitations.

~10 years later~

3rd person

_________

Aphmau looks at Zane lovingly, and Zane returns the look.

"When I was 26..." Aphmau sighed.

"What made you love me?" Zane said.

" Your sweet personality, your black hair, I just love everything." Aphmau replied.

"I love your long brown eyes that are soothing, and your cheery personality. You're so helpful, you even cured my fear of hamsters."

"Well, we couldn't get everything your mom wanted. We could only get,"

"One hamster,"

"2 kids,"

"and two dogs." They both recited, smiling at each other.

"Mama! I need help putting on my shoes!" Cookie,5 years old, yelled.

"Dad! I need help putting my ponies in my purse!" Sunburst, 8 years old, yelled.

Aphmau and Zane looked at each other.

"Duty calls."

-End of #Zanemau-
••••••••••Hey, do you guys want them to do on a vacation together?

Thank you for reading! If you have any suggestions of the type leave them down below! Have fun reading!

If you want me to do specials for like holidays, private message me! I swear, I end up doing what I'm requested unless it's.. well.. breaking Wattpad's rules. I can do a 4th of the July special, Easter, Christmas, Valentine's day, High School Reunion, or maybe a bit of their old life as 70 year olds! 😋
I love you fam!
~Pugface🐶🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 1.1K 31
[Complete] Art by: @Parudetheir Insta: d3ad_shrimp Virgil and Roman's relationship is going to hell just as Deceit pops into the picture. When Virgi...
9.8K 272 23
Max is ten so this isn't that thing but he is aged up to like 14 later But still no, David already has a love interest This is more like angst and pl...
812K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
603K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...