Playing the Part

By vanbros

You are 23, and from Paris, France. Since the age of 4, you have been bred to be one of the best players in t... More

Get Ready to Train
Meeting the Team
French Toast
Reminder
Movie?
Stay with Me

Getting to Know You

1.3K 31 7
By vanbros

-Your POV-

After I was done and Mal had gotten into the shower, I started to get dressed.

How do you dress for a dinner at a camp?

I decided to go with a black nike t-shirt and some black and white exercise shorts. I grabbed a pair of white nike shoes and pulled them over my black socks.

I heard the shower stop. Mal is pretty cute, even though she's about 5 years younger than me. She walked over to her side of the cabin in a towel, smirking at me.

I think I'm going to like it here.

"Guys, come on! Dinner's ready!" Kelley yelled from outside the cabin door.

"Coming!" I yelled to Kelley. I ran to the door and opened it.

"Where's Mal?" she asked.

"Still getting ready." I replied. Kelley shrugged and grabbed my hand. I smiled lightly.

"Well if she wants to eat before everything's gone she better hurry. Come on let's go." she pulled me.

We walked over to a huge building made of logs. Above the door there was a sign that reads "Cafeteria".

Kelley opened the door and I was immediately slapped in the face by the smell of fried foods.

Great. America and their fried things.

The tables were long, like the ones you see in a school.

Kelley and I walked over to the line. I felt like a child again. Kelley finally let go of my hand, but only to talk to Tobin.

"So tell us about you French Toast." Alex Morgan commanded.

"Um...like what?" I asked.

"Like your story." Alex suggested.

"Oh, well..." I said. I try to remember what I've practiced to say for the past years.

Fuck, how can you forget you dumbass?

Everybody stops talking so they can here me. I can't remember anything, so I just tell the most truth.

"I was born and raised in Paris. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I was 8, and passed away when I was 9. I knew I was different from a lot of girls when I was very young, and told my dad. He told me I was an abomination and  sent me here to live with my aunt when I was 10." I said. People looked at me with pity. I hated that.

"I've played soccer since I was 4. It was the only thing that kept me alive. Living without my mom was the hardest thing for me. I spent all of my time on the field to forget. Instead of going to games or school things, I played soccer. I woke up at 4 in the morning to play and then took a shower and went to school at 7. After school I went to the field and stayed until 8. I got a full ride to UCLA, and played there while I went to college. And now I play for Kansas City FC, and I'm here." I ended. People were speechless, which was very uncomfortable for me.

It felt nice to tell the truth, although I left out a small part. I didn't think "Also I'm secretly a mole for France and I'm here to exploit all of you." sounded right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 5.3K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
223K 7.7K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
581K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
108K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season