I'm Happy Just to Dance with...

Por allyouneedislennon

Julia's just a sophomore moved from Chicago to a quaint little town called Liverpool. There, she meets a boy... Más

I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
~Chapter 2
~Chapter 3
~Chapter 4
~Chapter 5
~Chapter 6
~Chapter 7
~Chapter 8
~Chapter 9
~Chapter 10
~Chapter 11
~Chapter 12
~Chapter 13
~Chapter 14
~Chapter 15
~Chapter 16
~Chapter 17
~Chapter 18
~Chapter 19
~Chapter 20
~Chapter 21
~Chapter 22
~Chapter 23
~Chapter 24
~Chapter 25
~Chapter 26
~Chapter 28
~Chapter 29
~Chapter 30
~Chapter 31
~Chapter 32
~Chapter 33
~Chapter 34
~Chapter 35
~Chapter 36
~Chapter 37
~Chapter 38
~Chapter 39
~Chapter 40
~Chapter 41
~Chapter 42
~Chapter 43
~Chapter 44
~Chapter 45
~Chapter 46

~Chapter 27

414 10 7
Por allyouneedislennon

I grabbed my guitar and walked to Paul's house, making sure the band practice is officially over. When I walked nearer, there wasn't any sound of them playing or putting away their instruments so I assumed that they all left.

I was going to go through the back, were Paul told me to go, and we could practice.

I was reaching for the handle to open the gate when George opened it first. We almost bumped into each other but caught ourselves at the last minute.

"Oh uh sorry," I said looking down. Tension quickly surrounded us and we both kept our eyes averted from each others. We both stood there not knowing what to say.

He looked like he was going to say something but quickly changed his mind and didn't say it at all. "Well uh, I have to go," he said walking around me to leave.

There was something different about him. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But I think it's that he wasn't happy. He didn't have his usual smile and his eyes looked sad, lonely, and angry. I wanted to help but I don't think he would want me to and it would just be plain awkward.

I walked to the back and saw Paul through the window of his door. I knocked before he walked away. He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Julia. Come in," he gestured, "We can go up to my room an' practice." I nodded and followed him upstairs.

As we walked down the hall, Mike walked by. "Use protection," he laughed.

"Sod off, Mike!" Paul said as he opened the door and walked in. "I'm really sorry about Mike."

I blushed. "It's fine, really. He's just teasing." I walked over and sat on his bed and started strumming my guitar. I started to play what he had taught me last time.

"You know you're not as bad as you think," he said.

"Stop lying, I'm not that good," I blushed. "

"I'm serious. You play really well and your voice isn't tha' bad either." Now that one really got me blushing. I felt my cheeks go red, really red. I turned my head so he wouldn't notice.

"Really?" I asked him turning around a bit. He nodded. "Thanks" He smiled at me, just staring directly into my eyes and smiling. "Well, should we get started?"

"Oh, right, of course," he snapped back to reality. "Let me hear the chords I taught you last time." I started playing, focusing on the strings.

"That was brilliant! You're really good at this. Do you think ye want to learn how to play Scrambled Eggs?" I looked at him confused. What did he mean by 'scrambled eggs'? "The song I played you yesterday."

I had an 'Ah-ha' moment. "Ohh, I remember now! But why are you calling it Scrambled Eggs?"

"Well, I don't know what else to call it." I thought of a song name that didn't actually take long to think of. "Hmm...how about calling it Yesterday?"

"You're brilliant - I mean That's brilliant!" He yelled jumping from his chair. I smiled seeing how happy he was over a simple song title. "Well," he sat back down and acted as if nothing happened, "Do you want to learn it?" I nodded.

We practiced all night. We didn't stop until it was perfect. It was probably near midnight when my mother called saying she wanted me home.

~**~

It has been a couple weeks now, since George and I broke up. John's birthday passed, he was so happy to be eighteen. We had a big surprise party for him at Paul's. We totally got him. George and I are on good terms now. We're friends, sort of, but it isn't as awkward as it used to be when ever we got paired up as partners for chemistry. Paul and I have been hanging out a lot lately. I still hang out with Veronica and Kaithlyn, I always will, but I just spend most of my time with Paul.

"John, move over," I said as I tried to make room for myself at the lunch table.

"Why don't you just sit on my lap, there's plenty of room," he smirked. "John!" I hit him on the shoulder.

"So, Julia, You're definitely coming shopping with us on Saturday?" Asked Veronica about the plans we made yesterday.

"Of course I am," I said confidently.

"Great!" She smiled.

I started eating my food as soon as John made room for me. He elbowed me in the arm making me poke myself with the food. I elbowed him back. "Ow! Ye hit righ' in the funny bone."

"You deserved it. No one messes with my food." I put another boatload  of food in my mouth.

"How about this?" He took some and threw it at me. I gasped.

"You didn't dare!" I took a fistful and threw it at him in the face.

"Not the hair!" He cried as he tried to get cafeteria food out of his perfectly greased hair. "All right fine, ye got me."

"Damn right I did!"

~**~

I hung up my apron and headed for the music store. In all my time I've worked on Penny Lane, I have never been to the music store.

I walked in through the doorstep, the little bell on the top ringing as I opened the door.

I browsed around for a bit. I saw the new Elvis album that had just came out. I grabbed it and went to the counter. I looked in my wallet and saw that I had just enough from my tips.

As I walked out I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw someone run towards me. I couldn't tell who it was because my vision was blurred from the cold wind.

"Julia, wait!" They called. "Do you want me to walk you home? It's really cold out and I don't want you to catch a chill."

I wiped my eyes, making everything clear again. Paul had his coat on and his usual charming smile. "Okay. I just got Elvis's new record, do you want to come listen to it with me?"

"Really? Of course I do! I haven't heard it yet." I smiled. "Neither have I."

Ever since that one night with Paul, he got me more into music. That it's a not just all about the pretty faces. I have been practicing my guitar everyday since then and I have actually gotten quite good.

"Mom?" I called as I walked into the house. "Oh, Paul, you can just put your coat on the hanger."

I walked to the kitchen but she wasn't there. I heard the door open and I walked over to see who it was. Mom was talking to Paul as if they were old friends.

"Oh sorry Julia. I was talking with the new neighbors. You know they have a boy around your age? He's actually really cute. If you don't want him I'll take him." I rolled my eyes.

"Mom! Please don't say anymore." I begged. She laughed and walked into the kitchen.

Paul and I walked into my room. "I am so sorry about my mother. She can be a handful sometimes."

He laughed. "They all have their moments. C'mon let's play the record!"

I grabbed the record out of the bag and placed it on the turn table. Elvis's voice echoed through the whole room. Paul grabbed my hand and we started dancing along. He spun me around several time, making me dizzy.

"Paul! You're making me dizzy." I yelled as I spun around again.

The last song on the album came to an end. I didn't really want it to because I had fun dancing with Paul. Although, I could just replay it.

"Julia?" Asked Paul sheepishly.

"Yes?"

"Well um, I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time, uh, I was uh-"

"C'mon, we haven't got all day!"

His cheeks got extremely red. "I was wondering if you wanted to go do something with me on Friday? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to."

His cheeks were so red, I don't think I've seen anybody's cheeks that red before.

I didn't say anything for a while.

"I knew it! You don't want to. Of course you don't want to. You like me as a friend, not that way. Ugh, I'm stupid for thinking you would. Now you hate me and my life is over."

"I would actually love to go out with you." I said quietly. I was actually enjoying his little tantrum, it was quite amusing.

"I just ruined our - what did ye just say?"

"I said I would love to go out with you." I smiled.

He looked at me. He smiled the biggest smile and hugged me. "You have no idea how long I have wanted to ask you that."

I looked down and blushed. "You just made me so happy!" He said. He looked at my clock. "Well I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye!"

I watched him walk out of the house. He looked back and waved back to me. He turned the corner and I turned to my closet.

"I better get ready," I said to myself, "I have a date tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***********************************~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ong that took so long to type you don't even know. But wey hey Julia and Paul are going out. They need a name. Paulia, yes Paulia is a good name. Do you think Paulia is a good name? I think Paulia is a good name.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.4K 46 21
in which a girl moves to los angeles for the summer and meets a boy that might change her life for better or for worse.
3.4K 187 35
A/N: when I started this book I didn't really know what I was doing but I feel it's got better in the later chapters, please stick with it, it will g...
19.7K 526 43
Abigail Valentine is too busy trying to bring up her nine-year-old sister to worry about dating... but when she meets a stranger one morning, she wis...
9.5K 374 41
Melissa is an athlete, a girl with a soft heart, and is prettier than she lets herself believe. Daniel is the teacher's son, is introvert but is a ve...