Esdeath x Male Reader - The R...

By TheNinjaAtWar

After battling in Esdeath's special tournament, you're now an official member of the Jaegers. Things go well... More

Part I
Part II
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII(Final)

Part III

19.7K 262 189
By TheNinjaAtWar

The next day, you and the rest of the Jaegers were summoned by the Emperor himself to discuss of what transpired last night. As for you, no one still hasn't found out about what Senator Yedeino told you before he died.

Soon, you and the your friends arrived at the throne room as ordered.

*All of you enter the room and bow before his majesty*

The Emperor: Rise. *All of you do what he commands*

Prime Minister Honest: So General Esdeath, I tell that your mission was successful?

Esdeath: *Look of disappointment appears on her face* I'm afraid not sir.  Senator Yedeino is dead.

Prime Minister: Night Raid?

Esdeath: Yes. We tried our best to protect the senator, but they manage to complete kill him regardless.

The Emperor: *Notices you* I've never seen you before, are you a new member of the team?

You: Y-Yes your majesty.

The Emperor: What is your name?

You: (First Name) (Last Name).

Prime Minister Honest: From what I can remember from your report Esdeath, he was the one that accompanied Senator Yedeino prior to his death right?

Esdeath: Yes, that is correct.

You: I'm sorry for messing up guys. *You get their attention* If I just kept my guard up, Senator Yedeino would've been alive right now.

Seryu: It's okay (M/n), we know you tried your best.

Wave: Besides, even if he was alive, Night Raid would still be after him.

Prime Minister Honest: *Walks up to you and places his hand on your shoulder* You've tried your best and that's what matters the most. One day, we will end Night Raid's reign of terror once and for all. *Looks at you all* That'll be all for now, you may return to your quarters.

After hearing this, you all left the room and awaited further instructions. But before you left, grabbed onto your shoulder and caught your attention to say something before you go.

Prime Minister Honest: Be careful out there son.

You: Thank you for the concern sir. *You leave the room and follow your friends*
__________________________________________________________________________________________
A few minutes later....

After the meeting, you and the Jaegers decided to have lunch. While eating, Yedeino's warning to you about not trusting the Prime Minister and anyone who works for him kept looming around your head.

You kept asking: Just what does this mean? Is the Prime Minister evil or something? Is no one in the government trustworthy? And most importantly: What is really going on in the Imperial Capital? While you kept thinking of this, it didn't take long for Seryu and Wave to notice your strange behavior.

Seryu: (M/n). *You snap back to reality and you look at her* Are you alright?

You: *You clear your throat* Yeah, just a little tired from last night that's all. *You continue eating your food*

After you told them this, they continued eating. Esdeath, however, was worried about you and was not liking the behavior you were showing right now.

After you all ate, you went to Esdeath's room to clear your mind and regain your equilibrium. While looking out the window, Esdeath came in and walked up to you.

Esdeath: *Walks up to you and you notice her* May I join you?

You: *You look at her and nod to her request* Be my guest.

*She sits next to you afterwards*

You: Esdeath.

Esdeath: *You catch her attention and she looks at you* Yes?

You: *You look at her* Was there ever an order your didn't want to follow?

Esdeath: *Thinks for a moment* No,  why ask?

You: Just curious. I mean, you do have your own opinion on some orders your given right?

Esdeath: If I'm given an order, I follow it. Regardless of what it is.

You: So you don't follow what your heart says?

Esdeath: *Look of confusion appears on her face* Follow my heart?

You: Yeah. My mom once told me that sometimes, you have to follow what your heart says. I'm not saying that following orders is bad, but when your given one that you don't like, what does your heart tell you?

*Momentary silence occurs*

You: It's okay, you don't have to tell me right away. But once you've thought of an answer, tell me okay?

Esdeath: Okay. *You stand up and walk towards the door* Where are you going?

You: Out. I could use some fresh air after what happened last night. *You open the door*

Esdeath: Okay, be careful.

You: I will. *You leave the room and close the door afterwards*

Esdeath(In head): *Looks out the window and remembers what you said earlier* Follow my heart....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Later....

As you were about to enter the Palace Courtyard, a group of Imperial Soldiers appeared out of nowhere and caught your attention. Ever since you got back from last night's mission, you were cautious of everyone's actions, including Esdeath and her team.

Thinking they got the upper hand, the imperial soldiers ran towards as you brought out your shield and prepare for battle. They were tough you have to give them that, but every single one of them were no match for you.

One tried to crawl his way out, but you stopped him before he even got the chance.

You: Who sent you!? Was it Night Raid!?

Guard: N-No.

You: If it wasn't Night Raid, who was it?

Guard: Prime Minister Honest.

When you heard him say this, you knew that what Senator Yedeino said last night was right: Don't trust the Prime Minister. Then, more guards appeared from behind and were running towards you.

Upon seeing them, you began to run away, but more guards appeared in front of you too. From here, the Imperial guards thought they got you surrounded, but their about to be proven wrong. Knowing that the window next to you is your only way out, you did something the guards never saw coming.

Without hesitation, you ran towards the window and jump through it as you free fall to the ground. As you got closer to the ground, you put your shield in front of you and landed without a scratch.

You: *You stand up slowly and regain your equilibrium* One word: Ouch. *You start running*

Guard: *He and his comrades look out the window and see you* Where's he going?

Captain: "Realizes where your going" Oh no, he's headed for the main gate!! I want the entrance locked down now!!

Guard: Yes sir!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
A few minutes later....

After you grabbed a horse from the palace's horse pen, you made your way towards the main gate to escape imprisonment.

Then, out of nowhere, a cannon ball nearly shot you down and when you looked to the source of it's origin, there were some Imperial Guards manning cannons pointed right at you!!

Wall Guard Captain: STAND DOWN (LAST NAME)!! YOU GOT NOWHERE TO GO!!

You: We'll see about that. Hyah!! *You order your horse to speed up*

Wall Guard: *Looks to his captain* Sir, he's not listening.

Wall Guard Captain: Then there's no point in warning him anymore. Aim all cannons at him and keep firing until he's dead.

Wall Guard: Yes sir.

Doing what their commanding officer told them, they aimed their cannons on you and began to lay fire on you. They tried their best, but you managed to dodge every single round unscathed.

When you were close enough to the wall, you threw your shield at one of the cannons and forced them to move to the right, making it fire at one of the men afterwards.

While they were distracted, you jumped off of your horse, get to the top of the wall and take out the wall personnel as fast as you can. You then threw your shield at the two remaining cannons, jumped off the wall and catch your shield mid air and land gracefully afterwards. After that, the remaining cannons fired at each other and were instantly destroyed.

You: That went well. *You run away from the palace*

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(Throne Room)

A few minutes after your great escape, the Prime Minister has ordered a meeting with the Jaegers to discuss about what transpired.

Esdeath: *She and her team enter the room* You asked for us sir?

Prime Minister: Indeed I have. *Turns to Esdeath and her team* It appears one of your own has betrayed us.

Seryu: *Shocked expression appears on her face* W-What?

Wave: Who is it?

Prime Minister Honest: (M/n). *Looks of horror appear on Esdeath and her team's faces*

Wave: (M/n)!?

Bols: Why would he betray us?

Prime Minister Honest: Because he's retained information relating to Senator Yedeino. Information that he refused to share with and kept it a secret instead.  As of now, (First Name) (Last Name) is a traitor and fugitive to the kingdom. Your orders are clear: Find him and bring him to justice. No matter what.

With the meeting concluded, Esdeath and her team left the throne room and went back to their quarters.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Later that day....

*Esdeath looks out her window as she remembers what you said earlier*

You(FLASHBACK): Yeah. My mom once told me that sometimes, you have to follow what your heart says. I'm not saying that following orders is bad, but when your given one that you don't like, what does your heart tell you?

Esdeath: *Puts her hand over her chest* To look for you.

*Puts on her hat and heads for the door*

Esdeath(In head): We'll cross paths again soon (M/n). I'm sure of it *Opens the door*

Esdeath(In head): And when we see each other again, I'll give you my answer. *Exits the room and closes the door*

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Imperial Capital Bar

Night

*You enter the bar and walk up to the counter*

Bartender: *Notices you* What do you want? Make it fast, we'll be closing soon.

You: I'm not here for a drink, I don't do that.

Bartender: Really? Then what are you here for?

You: *You bring out an envelope from your pocket* Letter delivery. *You give it to him*

Bartender: This is a bar, not a post office kid.

You: The person I'm sending that to isn't liked here.

Bartender: *Realizes what your talking about* So, your looking for them huh?

You: Yup.

Bartender: You sure about this? They aren't fond of Imperial guys like you.

You: I used to be Imperial, until I got fired today.

Bartender: Ouch. So you now know what's truly going on in the Capital?

You: I just scratched the surface. But when I speak to Night Raid, maybe I'll know more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 416 21
This is an Akame Ga Kill fanfiction, revolves around Esdeath and Tatsumi's relationship, but it's not the same with the original. (The story may cont...
4.5K 103 11
"It took three betrayals for me to finally understand...the world is just an elaborate tapestry of lies...My fury...will never be quelled..." His who...
11.3K 607 17
𝐊𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐬 || [𝐀𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥! 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫] __________________________________________________________________________________ 𝗧𝗵𝗲...
47.6K 1.7K 39
Akira never knew his parents. The only thing he remembered was the cold feeling he's always felt and a raven's skull that hung from his neck. In this...