Finding Myself ≫ [greens]

By sakaily

《Modern AU》 「"Why do you hate me so much?" Buttercup asked, harshly pointing finger into Butch's chest. Butch... More

Prologue
Chapter One ≫ Trouble 101
Chapter Two ≫ Remebering Names
Chapter Three ≫ Bad to the Bone
Chapter Four ≫ Unpleasant Talk
Chapter Five ≫ Thinking Outloud

Chapter Six ≫ Dirty Little Secret

296 14 5
By sakaily

Chapter Playlist:
1. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
2. Gorillaz - Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
3. Imagine Dragons - Evolve [Complete Album]
4. Daft Punk - Discovery [Complete Album]

Published: 5 December 2017

"Butch? Are you listening to me?"

Butch made a soft hum noise, barely audible. Buttercup rolled her eyes, mumbling to herself, "This idiot is barely listening to me."

Butch shut his eyes and let out a cool breath, "I heard that."

"You were meant to."

Buttercup scratched her head and let out a sigh of frustration. Things weren't going as planned for her and her partner. She could already tell that he was trying to drag out this project for her just to make her life a living hell. He would ditch their meeting to do God knows what or simply just ignore her the whole time they were together, like he was doing right now.

"You know being mean to me won't help, right?" She asked him, glaring at his laying form. He simply gave a soft but derisive laugh, simply informing her that he was aware that being vague towards her was starting to agitate  her.

Something in the back of Buttercup's mind told her to count to 5, in slow and soft breaths. Hoping it would calm her down, she began.

1....

2....

3—

"You're counting out loud." He groaned out as he shifted upright. He looked down at his phone before mumbling out, "you always did have a knack for doing that when you're angry."

She straightened upright as he finished his sentence. How the hell did he know that? It's not like they've interacted in any civil conversation before, Blossom would have at least mentioned something of any friendly relationship that they had with him and his brother.

"And how would you know that?" Buttercup asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms. She was NOT about to let this go so fast. Quickly realizing his mistake, Butch coughed and straightened up the papers that were scattered around the area they were sitting at.

"I heard about it around school," he began, waving his hand as he spoke, "word spreads fast around here, y'know? Like the fact that you were so attached to that blanket of yours when you were five."

Buttercup wasn't buying anything that was coming out of his mouth. From her observations, she wasn't the smartest like her pink eyed sister but she wasn't as ditzy as her blonde sister. I mean, she's sworn enemies with this guy! How could she possibly believe anything her so-called "partner" said. Plus, she was five, it was her favorite blanket as a kid. She wasn't going to be dumb enough and believe anything that came out of his mouth. Buttercup could have been in bed right now, getting 20 more minutes of sleep instead of being here with her currently least favorite person. But no! She was here, at school, because Casanova over decided to make this little arrangement of theirs.

Just as she was about to call him out on knowing personal information about her. The bell rang for passing period. Butch already getting a head start on getting away from her.

She groaned, just my luck. Things haven't been going her way since she's set foot back on this stupid school. She quickly gathered her stuff before heading to class.

     Buttercup groaned loudly as she banged her head in the table. These goddamn headaches have been coming and going since she's encountered Butch. That boy wasn't just a pain in the ass, he was a curse. The noise in the cafeteria wasn't helping her either. This was probably the only time Lunch was a great time for her and Mike & Robin weren't here either, unfortunately, because of some Spanish trip their having today.

     Blossom eyed her sister as she took a sip from her milk carton. She closed the carton as she sighed in satisfaction, "banging your head on the table won't help anything Buttercup, that's just making things worst."

     Buttercup gave a muffled groan before shifting her head up to meet her sister in the eye, "I can't help it! These goddamn headaches are such a pain in the as—"

     Bubbles, who had been so quite up until now, had decided to blurt out, "language!"

     "I was going to say astronaut. I swear." Buttercup began before narrowing her eyes at Bubbles, "besides you can't call me out when you're over here talking about using a naked guy in art class to paint a, and I quote, 'a work of art."

     Bubbles glared at her, "hey! It was for educational purposes." Bubbles shined her biggest smile towards her sisters. "Besides, who knows, you can be looking at the next Picasso!"

     Buttercup snickered, "Ha! Yeah and I'm the next Shakespeare!"

"Okay, Shakespeare and Picasso, we get it. You're both a piece of work, now can we—"

Before Blossom could finish, her phone began to buzz. She swiftly looked at the screen before quickly excusing herself. Bubbles seemed be to preoccupied with deciding what shoes to buy online to notice but oh did Buttercup notice! She quietly got up from her seat to follow Blossom. Her sister had to be hiding something from her and wanted to know what. No way in hell was she letting go

She quietly followed behind Blossom before she ducked into an empty classroom. Buttercup hid right outside the door, making sure that when Blossom shut the door, it would be left ajar. She pressed herself close as possible to hear and get a good look when Blossom finally answered the phone.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line began to yell directly in the phone. Seething with angry as they spoke every word. Blossom moved the phone away from her ear as she sighed. Although seeming to be annoyed, she lets the voice speak.

"Are you done?" She asks. When silence only greets her, she continues. "First of all, I suggest you keep him in check. I have no relation to him. Second of all, I did speak with him. He's simply not getting the message that he can't be near her."

The voice begins the speak again, but in a calmer voice. She hums as the voice keeps talking until she's able to speak again. This keeps going for a while until they seem to be ending the call. Blossom sighs and rubs her temples before cracking a small smile with a small laugh, "Yeah, okay, blockhead, I love you too."

She ends the call, staring at her phone for a bit before heading for the door. Buttercup quickly gets up from her crouching position to run to the closest room, the bathroom. It'll probably give her a perfect excuse as to why she was missing from the table. Once she's inside, seeing as the bathroom is empty, she makes sure she can hear the sound of Blossom's feet getting softer until she can't hear them anymore.

She pops her head, looking from left to right. Once she sure it's clear, she begins to head back to the table with ken question in mind.

Who the hell was Blossom talking to?

Guess who's back? Back, back, back again. Sakaily is back, back, back again.

I know, I'm alive! Long time no talk my dear and fellow readers! How have you all been? Well I hope. I'm truly and utterly sorry about my absence on this story and in general as well. I've been busy and was dealing with some personal issues of mine that I'd rather not bore you guys about. Fun fact guys, I got a job! Yup, this struggling high schooler finally got a job all by herself. It's been taking up some of my time but I'm finally able to pay for shit without having to ask my parents for it!

So back to why I have been absent. School! That dear, hell hole that we've been and are at right now. High school has been in the ass! Especially my English class (I know, I can fluent in English but how am I failing it, that's not what that class is all about guys
T-T) but yeah, I also took some time for myself mostly because I could barely find enough hours in the day to be able to do my own activities and also because I sort of lost interest/inspiration for the PPG series but I finally got my mojo back (lol, get it, like Mojo Jojo. No? Okay, I'll leave) and I'm ready to continue writing and finishing this book for you guy! Updating may not be as fast but it will continue!

As always guys, thank you guys for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 28.8K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
796K 18.1K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
146K 2.9K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
119K 3.8K 79
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...