Sold To A Beast

By Jordan_Chapman

Please enjoy! *EDITING* Instagram is: queen.chappi Snapchat is: jordan.chapman2 Mature content She didn't wan... More

Sold To A Beast
Home
Before The Rainbow
Breakfast with Beast
Unicorns
Apologizes
My Favorite Food
Promise?
One More Bullet
Like Riding A Horse
Homosapien
Experiment
Battle Moves
Blood Moon
Wait
What I Want
Moon
Pack Mates
Hormones
Training
Our Bond
Periods
Intruder
Heart Beats
Heart & Blood
Mr. & Mrs Blood
Cain Wilson
Sins
Roses Are White
Luna's Ceremony
The Start
Awake & Alone
Don't Lose Hope
The Luna I Am
No More Crying
You Can't Break Me
Headstrong
Our Infinity
Grief
Freedom
Living Again
Again & Again & Again
Deal
Love Over Life
Father & Son
Suffocation
Salvation
Pardon Me
Overdue
Delicate Goodnight
Something New
Suprise
Flashback
Family Reunion
Gone Crazy
Healing
Too soon
Not Enough Time
What I Deserve
Our Future
Surprise! New Book!

Challenging A Luna

73K 2.1K 1.8K
By Jordan_Chapman

......................................................................

The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.

......................................................................

Andrew had held my hand the entire time as we lingered among the pack, instantly being greeted by others. Our first event of the day was at the arena, Andrew taking me to a special seating area for us that overlooked the entire pit and stadium. We sat in a couple of chairs, my eyes watching as the pack began to fill the stone bleachers, easily filling the entire space.

Dameon stood behind us with a few others, always keeping a watchful eye out as they looked towards the pack. Brooklyn and James had parted with us earlier, finding seats a little ways away from us as they readied to watch.

Looking at everyone, they seemed to know exactly what to do like it was rehearsed. Even Gale sat with a group around him, all in a light discussion like he had belonged here the entire time. As if he felt me looking at him, Gale's face turned slightly in my direction, our eyes meeting as Gale stopped speaking. I realized I had been staring, offering a small smile as he waved to me before returning to his conversation. I looked over at Andrew, "What do we do now?"

"We do nothing but sit and watch. Someone will enter the pit, challenge another for their position and they will fight it out until one surrenders, usually. The winner gains the position fought for and everything else that was offered. Now, if a wolf is challenged and doesn't accept it, then the challenger gains the title and rewards immediately." Andrew tried to explain it to me in a way that I could understand, filling my mind with some examples as reference.

Almost as if on cue, a challenger rose from the roars of encouragement, jumping from the stands and landing smoothly in the dirt. He stepped closer towards the middle, waving away the cheering so that he could speak.

"I - Alexander Graham, challenge the Blood Moon's Beta Dameon Stone, for his position and mate, Celestia Stone!" My mouth parted at such a bold challenge, my attention swept over to Dameon as he stiffened behind us. He released a snarl, as he glared down at Alexander.

The pack grew wild as they waited to see the outcome, my eyes wanting to meet with Andrew's to see what he thought of this, but he looked intently ahead at the arena. "Come back Dameon, will ya?" Andrew didn't even look at him for a response, though Dameon never offered one.

Dameon stormed out of our lounge area without another word, stalking down towards the pit in a heap of nerves. He jumped down into the pit swiftly, Dameon taking off his shirt so that it wouldn't get ruined in the fight.

A woman yelled in anguish from the edge of the pit with long black curly hair that was catching in the wind. She swiped it away, gently walking the steps as she entered the arena too, but clung to the wall and away from the tension in the middle. Celestia Stone.

May something watch over Dameon now, and let him return back to Celestia.

Andrew grabbed my hand, pulling my attention away from reluctantly. "You should be careful when underestimating my Beta. There's only a few who could fight me equally, and Dameon just happens to be one of the few."

"How long do the fights last?" I asked, my head turning to look back at the group in the center.

"Until death or surrender." Andrew's words sounded a little colder now as his attention was also on Dameon and Alexander.

"But if Dameon dies, then his mate is no longer an offer, right? Doesn't this fight mean risking the prize?"

Andrew looked at me then, his eyebrows pulling together as he frowned a bit. "There's no way I'd leave without a fight if losing you was at risk. Death seems more inviting than giving you up to any other man."

Dameon's mate yelled in a different language for him at the side of the pit, making me glance over at her. She didn't look like she was originally from around this area, with her wildly long hair and tribal markings on her shoulders and arms. I marveled at the diversity the pack held, noticing a few other wolves in the crowds who had different styles about them too.

I watched as Gale entered the pit too, running to meet Dameon and Alexander with weapons before standing close to Celestia at the side, keeping her from shifting and joining the fight too. "Look at me, Luna. I've been promoted to water boy." Gale looked up at me, a cheeky smile on his face suddenly making me worry less.

"You look like you're having fun." I smiled back at Gale lightly, ignoring the roll of his eyes as he smirked.

"A blast, really."

Dameon and Alexander began to circle, drawing everyone's attention as grew deathly quiet.
Andrew sat a little straighter in his seat, his eyes trapped in the show before him.

"I will not burn your body - you don't deserve the honor." Dameon repositioned the knife in his hand, the glint along the blade making me cower a little lower in my seat. "I'll leave you to rot in this pit as a warning to anyone else who challenges me!"

"Is it too much for you, my moon?" Andrew brushed the top of my hand with his thumb, trailing my knuckles tenderly. "We can leave."

"I'm fine," I said weakly, looking back at him as I took a deep breath, holding it in my lungs until my heart stopped hammering against my chest. Andrew's eyes lingered on my face, still uncertain. I looked away first, Dameon's fight would not go unappreciated by me.

It was over almost as quickly as it had started. Dameon's brute strength knocked the weapon out of Alexander's hands easily and began to beat the man bloody, the two rolling across the ground as the tussle continued. Alexander tried to shift into his wolf, his bones beginning to break as he fought to survive.

Dameon held Alexander by the head, his knife entering Alexander's mouth as he cut out his tongue. Andrew lifted his hand, his fingers covering my eyes as the crowd began to cheer, Dameon the winner.

Sadness crept into the back of my mind, Andrew feeling it as he pulled me closer into his hold beside him. "A woman just died. She didn't even know who her mate was."

Andrew nodded from beside me, his words a little more gentle now that Dameon was walking out of the pit with Celestia. "Sometimes it's better that way - to not experience the blessing. Not all mates are as cool as yours, we can be nightmares for partners too."

"This is not my favorite." I sighed, leaning closer into his hold.

My relief was cut short as another man jumped into the pit, Andrew grunting beside me as he prepared to stand. I reached for his hand, pulling his eyes down to mine as I looked up at him in confusion.

"I - Samuel Connor, challenge Alpha Andrew Blood for his position and pack." I turned wildly to watch Andrew walking towards the stairs, without any warning.

"Wait! What?" I stood too, following behind Andrew as I tried to catch up to him. Dameon and Andrew passed each other on the steps, Dameon grabbing me by the arm as I tried to pass him to reach Andrew.

Andrew glanced back up at me with a genuine smile, his head nodding back to my seat as he began to unbutton his shirt. "Stay there, my moon. I will be back." Andrew climbed over the side, falling into the arena before landing safely on the ground below.

"Dameon, what do I do? I've got to -" My vision was blocked from the pit, Dameon standing in front of me to shield the fight brewing below us.

He looked down at me, his tone a lot more calm than before when he fought with Alexander. "Luna, you will do nothing but stay up here where it's safe. If you go down there too, you will distract Alpha Blood from doing what needs to be done, and you will become a liability."

I began the climb to my seat, my eyes frantically looking to find Andrew as panic made me shaky. "Stay with me."

Andrew's head turned, his eyes sliding to meet mine as I sat back in my seat. He nodded his head once before looking back at his opponent. Andrew waited for Samuel to attack first, ducking and dodging his attacks as he tried to plant some. Samuel landed a hit to Andrew's mouth, knocking him back some steps as they disengaged.

I stood frozen, my fingers clinging to the rock wall as I waited, watching as Andrew recovered. The back of his hand went to his mouth to wipe away the blood before he spit the rest out into the sand. They began again, Andrew swung ferociously. Samuel couldn't react quick enough, taking the blow completely. Samuel was stunned, Andrew grabbing his head before shoving it down against his knee.

Samuel, in one last bit of rage, collided with Andrew and brought him to the ground. They landed with a thud, tumbling and kicking one another off as they fought to immobilize the other into submission. Andrew's fingers were locked around Samuels throat like a vault, Andrew's fists flying as they landed against the man's skin heavily.

"Mercy! Goddess - Mercy!" The man screamed out from underneath Andrew between hits, his feet digging ruts into the ground as he tried to crawl away from Andrew's brutal nature.

I wondered if he would stop, my heart aching at the thought of him losing control in a situation like this. Andrew paused mid hit, almost as if he just realized the fight was called. He caught his pack by surprise when after a moment of heavy breathing, Andrew got off of Samuel and even helped him up from the ground. I was a little surprised too.

Andrew stood victorious, fighting his inner beast to settle as he turned to look at me. A smile grew on my lips as he spun around to look me in the eyes, his muscles completely flexed underneath the sunlight. His mind evaded mine, his voice settled as he responded to me. "Always."

Dameon didn't let me move from my spot until Andrew was back and only a few steps between us, a towel in his hands as he finished knocking the dirt from his body. When he called for me by name, I ran to Andrew and embraced him. Hugging him tightly, I looked up at him to see his lip severely busted and bleeding, the skin pulling together quickly to try and heal. All that was left was a scar on his smiling lips, with the faint trail of blood. I wiped it away, looking up at him with a thankful smile. "Thank you, for coming back to me."

Andrew leaned down and kissed me, his hand gently resting against the back of my head to keep me close. I kissed him back, smiling against his scar.

"I really am super proud of you."

When we parted, Andrew brushed the fallen hair away from my face, and left another peck against my hair. "Your approval - that's all that matters."

After Andrew and I had calmed completely, we sat back down and continued watching the competitors.

A victorious woman claimed her prize as she kissed her partner passionately. The two women raced out of the pit together as a new competitor entered, the routine continuing like this for a few more minutes.

"Your world seems a lot more accepting."

Andrew's hand on mine tightened, smiling down at me. "We weren't always this way, there were struggles - but we learned and we grew. Eventually no one really cared about who was kissing who. We began to prosper because everyone realized that - even werewolves can't help who they love."

If only it were like that everywhere, so free and loving. It wasn't a surprise why the werewolves would keep their distance from humans, but I couldn't help wonder how much they influenced the world, their population seeming to outnumber the humans.

I couldn't tell how much time had passed since we began, but as the people grew more brave - the more violent the fights became. Andrew continued to shield my eyes when things got too gruesome, filling me in on the parts I missed with few details.

A woman jumped into the pit next, tossing her belongings back to the group she was with from the crowd. I knew she meant business with her eyes filled with hatred and anger, her pace nothing but a stalk as she stopped below us. It was funny how I was already rooting for her even though - she was - glaring at me?

"Fuck me." Andrew cursed beside me, throwing his head back to groan in annoyance. I could hear the arm of the chair start to splinter under his grip.

"What is it?" I asked, my fingers going to lay over his hand so that the poor chair could survive.

Andrew recovered, sitting straight in his chair as he beckoned Dameon forward with his fingers.
"It's a pest is what it is. One that is going to cause trouble."

My chest ached at his words, meaning he knew this woman more than he was letting on. I pressed further, wanting to know more about her if she had a reputation. "You know her then?"

Dameon cleared his throat, our eyes meeting as he stood behind Andrew. He slowly shook his head 'no' before returning his gaze back to the arena.

"She was a candidate to become the Blood Moon's Luna many centuries ago, when the pack was in desperate need of leadership and I was tormenting the earth." Andrew didn't look at me as he spoke, my stomach felt as if he ripped out my organs. "She is nothing but dangerous."

"I - Sarah Cooper, have come to take my rightful place as Luna, and as Andrews mate! I challenge Emily Heart for her position, role and mate. If I succeed, she will be banished from the pack!" She held a single finger raised to point directly at me. Shock filled the silence, no one moved or spoke, the only sound ringing in my ears was my heartbeat.

Andrew rose from his seat, my feet against the ground as I stood numbly too. There were some others who moved about the stands, uncertain of what would happen next.

"You've threatened your Luna. The consequences are death." Andrew growled out beside me, his voice carrying well over the entire field.

Sarah spun slowly, her eyes traveling through the stands as she spoke too, "This is a ritual, one she is obligated to uphold. She either fights - or loses everything!"

"These rituals were made for the wolves. Your Luna isn't participating for obvious reasons." Andrew had gained some control, his words were a lot smoother this time without the growling.

Sarah clenched her fists at her side, a sickening smile growing on her lips as she shouted her next words at us. "Is she not one of us? Will she ever be one of us?"

I had enough of their banter, growing tired of her dragging me under the bus without even knowing me. I took a step to the side, passing behind Andrew before he caught my arm. "Don't."

"It's a ritual, Andrew." My words were more solemn than I expected, my fingers trembling more at the man glaring at me than the woman begging to fight me.

"I'm the Alpha here, no one commands me or mine to do anything." His hold on my arm was gentle, very opposite to his tone.

I held my ground, pulling my arm away from him as I looked towards the bountiful numbers of the pack. They waited, low murmurs and chatter filling the silence. "What would that prove? That we can just change our minds about something and everyone else has to deal with it? How will that make them feel?"

I pushed past Andrew while he was dazed, giving Dameon a warning look to not approach me if he planned to stop me. Andrew hadn't moved from his spot, the snarl on his lips enough to hold me in my place and listen to what he had to say.

"If you think you can defy me on this, then you're mistaken." Andrew stared at me, my head turning so that I could meet his stare. "Go ahead, I'll only follow behind you and slaughter her myself."

In his eyes laid the truth behind his promise. Andrew would kill her if I continued. I looked back towards the stairs as I stood at the top of them, Brooklyn and James charging the steps with Gale at their heels. They stood in my way, in a line before me. I could hear Dameon snuff his snicker.

Brooklyn crossed her arms over her chest. "What do you think you're doing? You can't mess up your hair and makeup that I slaved over!" Brooklyn tried to lighten the mood as she laughed nervously. "Listen to my brother, and take a seat."

I didn't go any further, Sarah's voice rising from the pit as she waited. "That's it then? She gives up her titles?"

"If you're the fucking Luna, then I banish my on damn self from the pack!" Andrew snarled, a cruel laugh erupting from his chest as the anger only grew. "Everything you fought for, is leaving. You think they will follow you?" Andrew pointed towards the pack waiting for his command. He then pointed at me. "They love her. Wherever she goes - we all go."

"A human can't protect them." Sarah argued back, my attention drawing to her disobedience. I hadn't seen anyone argue with Andrew before besides me. "We need real leadership!"

I turned towards the wretched woman who stood below me, her anger meant to be directed at me. I wish I could walk up to her to speak with her instead of having to yell, but with the wall of three in front of me, there was no way I could get by them.

My blood boiled at the way she spoke to Andrew, the way her eyes flared at him with rage. I didn't want her to look at him, much less speak to him.

Sarah must've felt my glare because we made eye contact and she raised her chin daring me to speak.

I dared.

I took a deep breath in my lungs, my anger killing my nerves as I looked at her, never once breaking eye contact. "You can call me weak and unfit to lead, it's okay. You're right."

"Emily -" Andrew began, not having the time to finish his thought.

"You can call me what you want - you'd still probably be right. I'm weak. I'm human. However - know that I was fully ready to fight you, and had we fought I would've won."

"How are you so sure?" Sarah spat, Andrew hardly able to contain his anger from behind me.

"I am Emily Heart, soon to be Blood. I am rightfully the future Luna of the Blood Moon pack." I pushed past Gale, knowing he was the weakest in the line-up and brushed past his touch as he tried to stop me. I didn't get too far away from Andrew's view or else he'd ruin my moment. "I was brought to this life for a reason. Fate, coincidence, the Moon Goddess - whatever you want to call it. But I'm here, and I'm trying."

Sarah rolled her eyes as a irritated snarl lined under her words. "You'll never be a real Luna."

I nodded and considered her words, thinking the same thing myself most times.
"Anyone can call themselves a Luna. Take the title if that's what you want, but my pack will never follow you."

Roars of encouragement rose from the bleachers as people began to stand and cheer.

Looking down at my shaking hands, I pulled my nails from my my palms and unclenched my fists. Sarah would not have the power to make me angry like that again.

There was a shift beside me as Andrew bounded down the steps to meet me, embracing me with a sigh as our anger subsided. Andrew pulled away from me, cupping my face in his hands as we stared at each other. "I am proud to call you my mate and my Luna."

I smiled up at him as he began to excuse himself from the others, pulling me closer to him as he pointed back to the house. "Let's get out of here. I need to show you something."

Sarah clawed her way out of the pit and stood in front of us, her eyes still raging and her muscles tensed. The pack's attention was now on another fighter who challenged.

Sarah growled low before us.

"Get out of the way Sarah," I spoke as we began to walk past her, Andrew keeping to the outside to shield me. "The fight is over."

We walked past her, Andrew bumping my side once we completely exited the pit area. "What you did back there was really hot."

"I know." I smiled, leaning into his side as I started feeling better. I followed him, wherever he would take me, my hand in his. The pack didn't seem to miss our absence as we walked back.

The house looked like a shell when we entered, hardly any activity beside Andrew and I. We climbed the stairs as my curiosity peeked.

With a sigh I sat on the corner of the bed, running my hands over the sheets. Andrew brushed past me as he entered the closet, returning to me a heartbeat later with a small bag in his hands.

The material was laced with black leather, not any bigger than the size of my hand as Andrew began to open it beside me. He looked up at me expectantly, excitement in his eyes as he retreated his hand from inside the pouch.

"Surprise!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 1.2K 19
The Final Book in the Alactria trilogy! Please read The Academy of Alactria and The Dragon King first. Amy has lost her brother to the King, a dragon...
1.6K 70 20
Details Short Title : APA Alternate Title : [快穿]金牌鲨手 Status [Edit] : Completed Author : Yishan Gouyue Genre : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Sh...
7.5K 303 9
[New Parts On Every 10th] After getting drunk & wasted on a party waking up with no memory about the night before other than just a hungover, Taehyun...
3.9M 120K 34
Mia has lived a life of abuse from her father and ex. She runs away, leaving her old life behind and creating a new one. What happens when she meets...