The Next Best Thing (Phan fic...

Galing kay interruptedbyfire

Everyone in the world has matching numbers to find their soulmate. Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

18.1K 869 1.5K
Galing kay interruptedbyfire

The two boys manage to avoid each other for the rest of the week and when Phil arrives at the headmaster’s office at exactly 3:20 on Friday afternoon, he’s pretty much fuming and ready to rip Dan’s head off. Not only is it Friday and therefore the start of the weekend, but Phil’s also feeling sort of … weird. Unbalanced.

He doesn’t like change very much and not fighting with Dan is a hell lot of change. Phil- he doesn’t exactly miss their fights (how retarded would he be if he did?) but he sort of misses how he has always been able to get his built-up anger out. Was it through fists or words.

Dan, however, is apparently so scared of getting suspended that he hasn’t even dared to speak as much as a few words with Phil – even after school was over.

Those are some quite odd circumstances, Phil thinks. Not exactly unpleasant, but still very odd.

Phil approaches the office but before he can knock on the door, it is thrown open and his body is colliding with someone else’s, making them both tumble to the floor.

“For God’s sake.” Phil groans, rubbing his head.

“Look where you’re going, dick face.” The other person mutters under their breath and as Phil looks up he sees no other than Dan Howell. Fucking great.

“Up, up, boys. You have a lot of work to do.” The headmaster’s voice sounds from the door and Phil quickly jumps to his feet, ignoring the glare he receives from Dan.

“Follow me, then.” Mr Adams speaks as Dan is on his feet again and he swiftly leads the two boys through the school until they’re in front of the library.

“Seeing as the term is nearing its end, we have to make sure all the books that have been borrowed are back where they’re supposed to be.” Mr Adams explains, opening the door for Phil and Dan to go in. “Therefore you two will help Mrs Mason, our librarian, to look through the books and make sure they’re all here, alright?”

He waits for the boys to nod and then continues. “Good, that should be enough work for you two. I told Mrs Mason that she can dismiss you in an hour. Be nice, boys.”

Giving them one last warning glare, Mr Adams turns around and is out of the door before Phil can do as much as nod.

“Have I ever told you that I hate you?” Dan groans, looking over at the hundreds and hundreds of books that are already waiting to be checked.

“You may have mentioned it at some point.” Phil mumbles, not too excited by the work that lies ahead of them either.

“Ah, boys.” A warm voice sounds from behind one of the many, many bookshelves and soon enough Mrs Mason is hurrying towards them. “I’ll explain what to do very quickly and we can get started, okay?”

Phil raises his eyebrow at how freaking excited the librarian sounds. What the hell is exciting about sorting through books?

-

Half an hour later, they both have somewhat got the hang of things and sorting through the books isn’t as hard as Phil thought it would be, though it isn’t much fun either. It's quite boring and tiring, actually.

It's okay though- well, it would have been. If it wasn’t for the fact that Mrs Mason is convinced that team work will get everything done faster. Therefore, the two boys have to suck up their ego and actually work together which turns out to be just as horrible as Phil imagined.

Phil reads out the titles of the books while Dan looks through the shelves, occasionally mumbling under his breath how pointless everything is. Phil agrees on that one. Don’t they have something like fucking computers and online registers for those stupid books?

They’re both mostly quite though – no mean side comments or any kind of bickering – and Phil is convinced that the only reason for that is Mrs Mason, who’s sorting through some files on her desk and occasionally takes a look at the two, making sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to do.

A few minutes later the librarian rises from her desk.

“Well, boys. Seeing as you two seem to have no problems with looking through those books, I’ll leave you alone, alright? I’ll be back in 30 minutes though, so don’t make a mess or start fighting.” She says sternly before turning to the exit, leaving the library – and the two boys alone.

Fucking great, Phil thinks.

“Wow Phil. I’m glad you started that fight on Monday. I couldn’t think of anything better to do than this every Friday.” Dan sneers, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Yeah, right. I started the fight.” Phil rolls his eyes. “If I’m not mistaken you were the one who pushed me down.”

“Your own fault. You were acting all gay on me, faggot.” Dan spits.

“Aw, is little Danny boy scared I might turn him gay.” Phil coos, reaching out to pat Dan’s cheek lightly. “I wouldn’t blame you, dude. I’m pretty hot.”

Dan laughs – a harsh, mean laugh. “Yeah, sure.” He scoffs, slapping Phil’s hand. “Get your fucking hands off me.”

“Aw, don’t be so mean, Danny. I’m just having fun.” Phil smirks, edging closer to the boy until there’s no more space for Dan to back away.

“What are you do-“ Dan gulps when he feels Phil’s warm body flush against his own.

“Does that make you feel uncomfortable, Dan?” Phil mutters, fanning his breath over Dan’s ear. “Or do you like it?”

“I’m not fucking gay.” Dan growls, but his voice is weak and he doesn’t make any kind of attempt to shove Phil back.

 “Sure you’re not, Daniel. And I’m sure the problem in your pants isn’t growing bigger with every second we’re pressed together.” Phil mocks, pressing his hand down to Dan’s crotch only to notice that Dan’s indeed half-hard.

Well, that was supposed to be a bluff but alright, Phil thinks.

“Do you want me to get rid of your problem?” He whispers in Dan’s ear, nibbling on the lobe. “Do you, Danny?”

The next thing Phil notices is getting harshly shoved back by Dan and landing on his butt in a very ungraceful way. To his surprise though, Dan’s not trying to beat him up as badly as possible like he tried to on Monday. Instead he throws himself at Phil and connects their lips in a very messy kiss and okay, Phil thinks, this is new. But he’s surely not going to stop that – whatever it is – because let’s be honest, the last time he got some action with a guy was ages ago and as much as Phil despises him, he has to admit that Dan’s pretty hot.

As said boy shoves his thigh between Phil’s, he can’t help it but rut up against it, letting out a low groan in the process, which earns him a mischievous smirk from Dan.

Leaning down he starts to press hot, wet kisses to Phil’s neck, sucking and nibbling on the sensitive skin as his hand wanders down to Phil’s nipples.

A muffled moan later, Phil has sort of recovered from this sudden change of events and decides it’s time to show Dan who’s the dominant one here. He shoves against Dan’s chest and when the boy finally lets go of his neck, he rolls them around, pushing their hips together to create friction both of them seem to need.

A needy moan slips from Dan’s mouth as he pushes his hips up further, his hands clutching at Phil’s shirt for support. And fuck- if Phil wasn’t hard before, he definitely is now. It doesn’t even matter that it’s Dan underneath him, because fuck it. There’s a boy who’s apparently willing to get Phil off and who would he be to end things now.

“Do you want me to help you?” Phil growls, attacking Dan’s neck with his mouth and apparently he has found a sweet spot there because Dan throws his head back and moans loudly. Maybe a bit too loudly, considering they’re in school and a teacher could find them any moment, but that sort of makes everything at least ten times hotter as well.

Phil takes the noises coming from Dan’s throat as a ‘yes’ to his question and quickly sneaks his hand down their bodies, unbuttoning Dan’s jeans and gripping his length tightly in his hand. Moving his hand teasingly, he reattaches his lips to Dan’s neck, marking his tanned skin as he continues to get him off.

Dan’s sweating and panting underneath Phil, throwing his head back as more and more noises of pleasure leave his mouth and only watching his trembling body and his twisted face, makes Phil achingly hard.

“Do you like that, Dan?” Phil mutters, running his thumb through Dan’s slit. “Do you like the feeling of my hand around your dick?”

He’s looking straight into Dan’s eyes now, noting how they’re clouded with nothing but pure want and lust. A few skilled flicks of his wrist later and Dan is squeezing his eyes shut and comes without any kind of warning in Phil’s hand, a string of swear words leaving his mouth and Phil distinctively makes out something that almost sounds like his name.

“You’re a dirty, dirty boy.” Phil growls, wiping his hand at Dan’s boxer shorts to get rid of the sticky mess they’ve made, before retrieving it from his pants. All the while Dan just lays there, eyes closed and quick pants leaving his mouth as he comes down from his orgasm.

Phil’s going to say something about how there’s still something Dan has to do, because fuck- his dick is practically aching for some kind of friction, but then he hears foot steps outside of the library and he’s up in less than a second, dragging Dan, who still looks sort of confused, with him.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck.” He mutters under his breath, before quickly running a hand through his hair to flatten it and then eventually does the same for Dan, hoping Mrs Mason won’t catch on what they’ve been doing.

“Take these.” Phil mumbles, shoving the papers he’s dropped earlier in Dan’s hand before quickly turning around and pretending to do their work, his heart beating fast in his chest and his boner pressing hard against the fabric of his boxers.

The door opens and Mrs Mason strides in, not even giving them a look before telling them they can leave now and that she’ll await them next Friday at the same time.

“For an absolutely straight guy, you seem to have enjoyed that a hell lot back there, hot stuff.” Phil teases when they leave the library, giving Dan’s bum a light squeeze when he’s sure they’re out of Mrs Mason’s view.

“Shut up.” Dan mumbles, a light tint of red covering his cheeks as he walks away from Phil.

Phil’s not having any of that though. “Wait, Dan.” He calls, his voice serious now as he takes a few quick steps to catch up with the boy, gripping his wrist to keep him from running off. “We need to talk about that, dickhead.”

Dan just glares at him. “We do not. I was horny and you were there. End of the discussion.” And with that Dan has ripped his hand away from Phil and rounds the corner, but not before Phil is able to catch a quick glimpse of his exposed wrist and- fuck, this can’t be happening. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.7K 247 54
In this universe everyone has a soul crystal. They receive their crystal on their 17th birthday. When one meets their soulmate their crystal will glo...
1.2M 43.4K 15
Phil starts getting cute, little messages from a secret admirer and gradually feels himself falling more and more in love with the boy. But can you r...
21.9K 1.1K 26
𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝. | ❝ i'm sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? ❞ → in a world with soulmates, dan doesn't have on...