The Gilbert Sister // The Vam...

By Miatmk

In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are gri... More

Hello Readers !
Pilot 1
Pilot 2
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to me
Lost Girls
Haunted
Candles
History Repeating
The turning point
Bloodlines
Unpleasentville
Children Of The Damned
Fool Me Once
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founders Day
Hey guys !

A Few Good Men

25.9K 613 153
By Miatmk

Chapter 18

"Her name is Isobel Flemming"

I overheard Jenna talking with Elena in the kitchen. When I walked in they were staring intently at a computer screen. "Who is Isobel Flemming?"

They both looked up "My mom" Elena said "She's my mom" She repeated but this time sounding like she was trying to convince herself

"How did you guys find her?" I asked and Elena pointed to Aunt Jenna.

"She's been looking online for her and she found her. She was a cheerleader just like me." Elena said smiling.

"We found her friend. She lives one hour away" So close to us. 

"Are you gonna go?" I asked Elena.

"Yeah and I was hoping you could come with me?" She asked.

I nodded "Well of course I'm coming. I'm you're sister"

I knocked on the door of the large white house. It was surrounded by trees but no houses. After a few seconds of waiting a middle aged woman with blonde hair looked at us with a welcoming smile. "Trudy? Trudy Peterson?"

"Yes?" She looked at Elena then me.

"My name is Elena Gilbert and this is Nina" Elena said "I wanted to talk to you about Isabelle Flemming"

Trudy's face doesn't change any emotion when Elena talks about Isabelle. "I haven't heard that name in years. How do you know her?"

"Well I- do you know if she ever gave a baby up for adoption?" Elena asked nervously.

Trudy's face changed into a brighter smile but this one was fake and gave me shivers. "My god. You're her daughter" Elena nodded. "I was just about to make some tea. Would you like some?" She back away from the door.

"Sure" Elena said smiling.

"This smells really good" I say taking in the sweet scent of the tea.

"Yeah it does. What's in it?"

"I know this smell" I say quietly.

"It's a plant I think I don't know" Trudy said nervously.

"Vervain" Elena said.

I looked at Elena confuse "Elena what are you talking about?"

"You know don't you?" Elena said starring at Trudy.

"Vervain?" I asked "You didn't even invite us in did you?" I said.

"I think you girls need to leave" she said quietly.

"But Trudy-"

"Leave!" I jumped in my seat.

"Elena lets go" Elena got up with me.

"Trudy please if you know anything-" Elena begged.

"Leave!"

We walked straight out the house and Elena drove away fast.

"I'm going home I don't want to talk to anyone right now" Elena said.

"Do you want me to talk with Stefan?" Elena smiled and hugged me.

"You will?"

I rolled my eyes "Sure"

"Thank you"

"Have you talked with Bonnie lately?" Elena shook her head.

"I'm gonna try calling her tonight that's why I'm sending you" I nodded understanding.

Elena had spare keys for the Salvatore house that Stefan gave her, so she gave it to me to get in. I walked up Stefan's room. "Stefan are you here?"

"Nope. Better me" my eyes widened and my cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. Damon came towards me with out a shirt on. He looked a mess so I tried to keep cool.

"Damon you look-"

"Dashing, gorgeous, irresistible?" He walked towards me.

He appeared inches away from me and I backed up "Recked. Damon you look recked"

"Did you know I was one of Mystic Falls most eligible bachelors?"

"Huh" I said going along with the drunk Damon.

"Yep"

"How are you doing?" I asked quietly.

Damon took a black button up shirt off the bed silently putting it on. "Never better. Yep" I sighed. He didn't look good. "What can I do for you?"

"Uh well Elena doesn't wanna really see Stefan so I came to talk to him instead" I said.

Damon struggled with the buttons on his shirt. I laughed "Honestly Damon you can't do anything can you?" I walked to him and started to button up his shirt.

"Thanks Nina" he said under his breath.

"So Elena found out who her birth mother is" I said smiling. I looked at his chest while buttoning his shirt.

"Who cares" my head snapped up my eyes meeting Damon's. "She left her and plus why do you care. You guys aren't related after all"

I still held on to Damon's shirt and looked down at my hands. "You're right" I said my voice cracking.

"Nina?" I looked up past Damon to see Stefan.

I smiled and walked past Damon "Hey" I said.

"Ugh. I need a bigger jacket." I sighed rolling my eyes "Wow. You know a occasional sorority girl might, um, fill you up a bit" I scoffed as he ripped off the jacket.

He walked straight out the room. It was like he wasn't even drunk at all "He's fine" I said angrily.

"He's Damon" Stefan stated.

"You know what. Maybe this heartbreak will be good for him. It'll remind him he has one, even if it doesn't beat" I said angrily to Stefan who just looked amused.

"So what's up? Did you wanna see me?" Stefan went to his bed and sat down. 

"Me and Elena went to see Trudy Peterson today" I watched his upset reaction closely. "I know. I'm sorry, we didn't even plan it" he nodded understanding.

"How was it?" He asked.

"She had Vervain" I said quickly "She knows about Vampire stuff and it can't be a coincidence"

"That's because it isn't" Stefan took out a picture of a woman and my eyes widened. "This is Alaric's wife"

"This is her. This is Isabelle?" I said starring at the beautiful woman in the picture. "He gave this to you?" I looked back put to Stefan. 

"Everything he knows about vampires. He learned from her. He believes that she was killed by one" he said slowly.

My hand lifted to my mouth  "Oh my god" That is horrible. Elena's mom was killed by a vampire. 

"Listen Nina. There is a lot that Alaric can't tell you or Elena about Isobel. I need you to tell Elena to wait a little longer, before you or her talk to him" 

"Why?" How could Elena just wait. He can't ask us to just wait. 

"I know that's a lot to ask from you and Elena. But please don't speak to Elena about this. Can you do that for me?" He asked pleading. He must know something he isn't telling me. 

I sighed nodding "ok"

Me and Elena had arrived a little late and we saw Jenna sitting at a table. "Hey Jenna" Jenna smiled at us.

"Look Damon's next" Jenna said annoyed.

"Well Damon Salvatore we don't have a lot of things about you on our card" Ms. Lockwood said with a smile.

"That's because it won't fit on that card" he said and everyone laughed.

"Ok well Damon, do you have any hobbies, like to travel?"

Elena waved to someone behind me "Who are you waving to?" I asked.

"Stefan. He's here" she said smiling.

"Oh, yeah, L.A. , New York. Couple of years ago I was in North Carolina. Near the Duke Campus actually" Damon said smiling "I think- I think Alaric went to school there. Didn't you Rick?" how does Damon know where Mr. Saltzmen went to school? "Yeah cause I know your wife did" my eyes widened realizing everything.

I looked at Stefan and he was already looking at me nervously. "I had a drink with her once. She was a great girl. She was- she was delicious" I looked Mr. Saltzman ans he looked sad.

"mmm. mmmm. mm." Damon was smirking. His smirk wasn't the smirk that made me fall for him over and over again. This one was evil and cruel. He didn't see the shock on my face or Elena looking completly confused.

"Nina are you ok?" Jenna asked watching as small tears streamed down my face.

I quickly wiped my tears "I just need some air" I quickly grabbed my coat and ran out Of The Grill. My body trembled. The thought of feeling something for such a monster. He is horrible.

"Nina"

"He killed her. Damon killed Elena's mom!" I couldnt believe my own ears.

"Alaric said that they couldnt find the body" Stefan came to my side putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Oh my god Stefan" I put my hand to my mouth and muted the cry that escaped my lips.

"I know. Im sorry. I wanted to tell you and Elena" Stefan came closer to me side. 

"Oh my god, we have to tell her" I said to Stefan. "We have to tell Elena" 

"I know I will but not now. I have to know more about this and have more facts" He took my trembling hands in his.  

"God, I feel like such a idiot!" I turned away from his hold and ran my fingers through my dark hair. 

"Nina. He doesnt know about Elena's connection to Isobel" Stefan said the obvious. 

"I thought he changed. I thought I could trust him" Yet again Damon Salvatore broke my heart. Yet again I couldn't get him out of my head. 

"He's Damon, he makes horrible mistakes" Stefan was furious but he held it in. I couldn't all these feelings were bound to come out one day.

"Why are you taking his side?!" I yelled furiously making my hands into fists and pounding his chest with weak punches. 

"Because Nina you're not the only one who thinks that he has some good left in him" he said taking ahold of my wrists. Holding them lightly we paused and looked at each other our eyes meeting. 

"Go wash up and please dont tell Elena" He whispered his breath hitting my face. I looked away from him and walked away from his side ignoring my heart beating profusely in my chest. 

I hurried past groups of people but end up bumping into somone. "Woah. Easy there" I looked up at Damon and his once again signuter smirk. "You have to buy a ticket like everyone else"

I scoffed "Did you like rubbing it into Alaric's face?"

"What?" He looked taken back by my tone. 

"Just as I was thinking there was something redemable about you" His hurt expression made me feel even angrier. 

"Nina" I looked up to see Stefan and Elena.

Elena had dried tears on her face "Stefan you told her?" I asked. 

"She overheard us talking" He admitted. 

"Damon remember how I was talking about how Elena had found her birth mom" I turned to him his eyes never leaving mine. 

He nodded "Yeah"

"Her name was Isobel" I said looking at Damon. His eyes widened as he looked at Elena then back at me. His mouth opened slightly meaning he had something to say but he stopped himself.

I shook my head and walked past Damon taking Elena's arm and walking out the back. Stefan followed but Elena stopped in her tracks. A man stood in front of us like he meant to block our path. "This guy. He was the creepy guy I saw outside Trudy's house"

"I have a message for you" He looked straight at Elena.

Stefan stepped in front of us "Who are you?"

"Stop looking" He said this time his eyes looking into mine. A shiver ran through my body as I saw his dark emotionless eyes.

"Stop looking for what?" Elena asked stepping out from behind Stefan.

"She doesnt want to see you. She doesnt want to talk to you" He says identical to robot.

"Isobel?" I asked. 

"She doesnt want to talk to you. Stop looking. Do you undertsand?" He looked at Elena stepping back. 

"Wait so shes alive?" Elean asked.

"Elena, he's under compulsion" Stefan said blocking her with his hand.

"Do you understand?" The man asked again.

"Yes I do" she said quickly.

"Good"  The man looked to his left "Im done now" he backed up slowly and suddenly a truck came out of nowhere and hit the man.

Me and Elena screams echoed with the cracking of bones. I fell to the ground shaking. "Nina get up" I couldnt my hands were covering my ears as I saw the life less man lay on the ground.

"Stefan she is shaking" Stefan wraped his arms around my waist and held me up.

"Nina we cant make a scene we have to get away from here quickly. Just lean your weight on me. I'll get you away from here" I nodded and wrapped my arm on his shoulder. My eyes will never unsee this. 

Don't forget to

Vote
Like &
Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.8K 33
Everyone knows the story of Stefan and Damon Salvatore, the two brothers who return to Mystic Falls and fall for none other than Elena Gilbert, doppe...
73.8K 1.7K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...
318K 7K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...