Strength Survives {Sequel to...

By FlorGalore

Wanda Maximoff saved the future with Professor Charles Xavier, Hank McCoy, and Logan Howlett in 1973. It's no... More

Editing/Remastered
Strength Survives
The Incident
Seven Years
Long Time, No See
Children of Magnus
Talking B-O-Y-S
Weird Dreams
Annoying Summers
Fear in my head
A New Blue Student
Mutant Mall Mania
Sweet Dreams
Danger Unleashed
Follow The Bloody Red Road
All Out War
Hey guys
PSA/HELP FOR BOOK
FIGHT FOR CHANGE
Protect v. Destory

Back To School

3.8K 109 26
By FlorGalore

Hank placed my luggages, my box full of my pictures and other belongings into the trunk of his car.

Mom, Peter, Lorna and I were in the front porch, saying our goodbyes.

"You be good in school, okay? I don't want a call saying that you got in trouble." Mom said in a teasing manner, poking my nose. I scrunched my nose.

"Mom, I'll be fine." I assured her with a smile. She furrowed her eyebrows and smiled.

"Oh, my baby's moving out." Mom said with a smile.

"Yeah. You better hope to God that Peter does too." I joked.

"Okay, yeah, I'm right here, y'know?" Peter spoke in an offensive tone. I stuck out my tongue as our Mom laughed, before pulling me into a hug.

"I love you, Honey." Mom whispered. I felt her kiss my cheek and I squeezed her tighter.

"I love you too, Mom." I replied. I pulled away and stood in front of Lorna. She's fourteen now. Huh, how times flies. The once little girl who always asked me to play 'House' with her and watched as Peter carried her on his back, was now close to my height and talks to me about boys and gives me somewhat attitude.

"Be good and take care of Mom, okay? And annoy Peter for me while I'm gone." I informed her.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Lorna smiled.  Her eyebrows perked up as she spoke. "Also, can I have your room?"

I sighed, pinching my chin. "Uh, let me think. No, not gonna happen."

Lorna rolled her eyes with a scoff. "You're no fun." I chuckled and hugged her.

"I love you, Lor."

"Love you too, Wanda." I pulled away and stood in front of Peter.

God, this goodbye is gonna suck.

"You'll be okay, right?" I asked.

"Pft! I'll be better now that you're not gonna be here!" Pietro joked, then chuckled. I raised an eyebrow.

His smile slowly faded and a defeated sigh came out of his mouth.

"No. No, I won't be okay. You're my twin, Wanda. You know how we both feel every time we're apart from each other for more than like ten minutes." Pietro answered.

"I know. Twin telepathy." I joked with a small smile. Peter nodded.

"Pete, you can call me everyday if you want to. We're still gonna be there for each other." I continued. Pietro smiled.

"Okay, now you take care of Mom and Lorna. And don't do dumb shit, please." I said, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Dude, I'm twelve minutes older than you. Why are you telling me what to do?" Pietro asked. I rolled my eyes and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Because I can, Stupid. And there has to be one mature twin out of us." I replied, rubbing his back. I felt him sigh.

"Have fun...learning stuff." Pietro spoke. I pulled away.

"I will. I love you, Pete."

"Love you too, Wanda."

I smiled and walked down the stairs. I stood in front of Hank.

"Ready to go?" Hank asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Hank got to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me. I got in the passenger seat and put on my seat belt.

Hank walked around the car and got in the driving side. I looked out the window and saw my family. I gave them a smile and waved to them. They waved back.

The car started and off we went. I saw in the rear view mirror that the farther we were, my family was getting smaller, until I couldn't see them and my house anymore. Though this was a good thing for me, it still hurts leaving my family.

I looked forward and sighed sadly.

"Hey, don't worry. You can visit on the holidays." Hank assured. I smiled a little.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed. "We have a fun time during Hanukkah. My Mom makes the best Latkes!" Hank chuckled with a nod. We stood silent for a few seconds. I watched as the trees passed by, cars of different colors and sizes appearing and disappearing.

"This is really scary." I spoke, making Hank turn to look at me, then back on the road.

"Why?" Hank asked. I looked at him with a shy smile.

"Because I'm going back to school."

-----

We passed through the gate with a black sign with gold engravings. It read:

Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

I smiled. Hank drove up to the giant institute that I've haven't been in for eight years.

But there was a difference. It didn't feel sad and empty. It felt happy and cheery. I heard laughter and playful screams.

I saw children. A team of children playing basketball and the rest talking with each other under the trees.

I noticed one girl. She was creating snow flurries around her and her friend. I smiled in amazement.

She's a mutant. Just like me. They're all mutants. And that's all I needed to be around. A place where we're treated like people. Not abominations.

Hank parked in front of the mansion.

"Well, welcome to school!" Hank stated.

I smiled and got out of the car. I raised my head and observed the large school, tucking some of my hair behind my ear.

Hank grabbed my luggages and I grabbed my box. We walked up the stairs and walked inside in.

Immediately, I almost collided with a child. But thankfully, I lifted the box quickly before they could hit it.

"Oop!" I shouted with a chuckle. The child ran around me.

"Sorry!" They shouted back before turning the corner.

"Wow. Everything looks much brighter and better." I complimented, looking around. Kids talking with each other. Teachers talking to their students with smiles on their faces. Projects and books being held, even levitated.

Hank had a proud grin looking around the area. "The students bring the brightness here. It's feels homey. Come on, I'll show you to your room."

We walked up two flights of stairs while he was explaining to me what I would be learning."

"Since you finished high school through homeschooling, me and Charles decided to form a college program with you being the first student. A four year undergrad bachelor's program with a major of your choosing. Your general requirements will be a mix with the other students and one on one classes." Hank explained.

"Awesome." I stated. "Glad to be the first of hopefully many!"

"Here's hoping. Oh and another thing you have to know," Hank said. I nodded my head, signaling him to keep talking.

"Since we have a lot of students here, we don't have rooms for one student. So I assigned you with a roommate."

I raised my eyebrows. A roommate? Never had a roommate, besides Peter from ages in the womb to eleven. But this is a different person.

"Oh okay. That's cool." I said, trying not to sound nervous but I'm sure Hank noticed the slight high pitch of my voice when I answered.

"Don't be nervous. You won't do anything." Hank assured, walking down a hall.

"Yeah, it's just I don't want them to think I'm weird or anything." I said, clenching my box.

"She won't. She's a nice girl, trust me." Hank smiled. He walked ahead of me and I followed.

We passed a few rooms, until Hank stopped in front of a door.

"So, this is your room. I'll give you some time to meet your roommate." Hank said, putting my luggages beside the door. He gave me a comforting smile and a nod before walking away.

I looked at the door and took a deep breath.

Okay, Wanda. You can do this. Hopefully, this is a girl that will be a good friend and a life-long friend and doesn't see me as a freak. Wanda Maximoff, you can do this! Get your crap together!

I opened the door and stepped in. I saw an fixed empty bed on the left side. I looked to my right and saw a girl reading a book on the other bed.

Fair skin, Blue eyes and bright red hair, like fire. She looked between the fifteen to eighteen age range.

Wow! Her hair is very bright.

"Oh, thanks." The girl said with a smile, looking at me. "If that's a compliment."

I looked her with wide eyes.

"And yeah. I'm fifteen."

Did she?!

"Did you--"

"Read your mind? Yeah. Sorry." The girl answered awkwardly. She got up and stood in front of me.

"My name's Jean Grey." The girl greeted, letting out her hand. I smiled before shaking it.

"My name's--"

"Wanda Maximoff. I know. I heard your thoughts outside the door. They were pretty loud." Jean finished the sentence with a slight chuckle. I slightly blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I just needed to give myself a little boost of confidence." I admitted.

"It's cool. I don't think you're a freak, Wanda. And to make you feel better, I'm the biggest freak here." Jean explained.

"Not true. If you see my powers, you'll be surprised." I replied, chuckling. Jean smiled. I sat on my bed, bouncing on it twice.

Hmm, pretty comfy. It'll do. I looked back at Jean.

"So, what else do you do besides read minds, Jean?" I asked.

Hi She smiled and looked outside our room and saw my luggages. She let out her hand and a second later, my luggages floated in the air and floated into the room. They were gently placed on the floor as Jean placed her hand down and smiled.

I laughed in amazement.

"I'm impressed! You wouldn't mind if you placed all my clothes in the closets like that would you?" I joked. Jean laughed and I laughed as well. She's not bad.

I heard a knock, causing us to look at Hank.

"Sorry for disrupting, Ladies. Wanda? Can you come with me for a second?" Hank asked with a gentle smile.

"Yeah, sure!" I answered. I looked at Jean.

"See you later." I told her, getting up and walked out of the room. I stood in front of Hank.

"Yeah?" I asked with a smile.

"The professor would like to see you."

A/N: WANDA FINALLY MET JEAN!

Next chapter will be up soon! Thank you so much for reading!

-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 70 12
Since Peter had been drawn into Wanda's weird fantasy world he had no other choice but to play his part in her wacky television show she had created...
11.8K 406 23
When the Maximoff Twins (Wanda and Peitro) are persuaded to join in a deadly experiment to help them gain freedom for their country and get revenge f...
67.8K 2K 23
What if there was a chance to save Pietro? Could the Maximoff twins be reunited? What if they weren't the only ones returned? Where will their new...
42.1K 768 11
Comment your requests Imagines of Peter Maximoff (Pietro 'Peter' Maximoff from the X-Men Universe) vote & leave comments :) enjoy !!