All About Love

By Ghudros

More

Episode 1: "The Missing Piece"

87 3 0
By Ghudros

Prologue:

     There was a family of six; a father, a mother, and four brothers. Joshua Lorenzo, the loving father, who had an accident and had gone missing but had not yet been found since the birth of his youngest son. Lovely, a caring and protective mother, who raised her four sons since the loss of her husband, up to the point that she assumed him dead.

     The names of her sons are AgaphedErodricPhileon, and StorjexAgaphed and Erodric are twins, Phileon is third, and  Storjex is the youngest.

     Agaphed is very caring, especially towards his twin brother Erodric, and also has a sense of duty and has a heroic heart that always helps and protects others without hesitation and expectation of something in return. While Erodric is different, he doesn't care much to his brothers especially his twin brother, and also a chick-boy, who only cares for ladies. He is somehow caring to his mother, ever since the day their father had gone missing. Phileon is a friendly person, he cares for his friends, his family, and for other people as well, but not like AgaphedStorjex cares less to others, but more to his family. Even as the youngest of his brothers, he always convinces his brothers to prioritize their family first, though Erodric pay less attention to what he says.

    In spite of their differences, they always stay united in times of troubles, with their eldest brother as their ringleader and their mediator whenever they misunderstood each other.

     This story is about to unfold, as they portray love, not just by their names, but by how they live it...

Chapter I: "The Missing Piece"

Episode 1.

    Two months ago, before the school year began, Lovely and her sons moved in a sub-division near the school where her two sons, Phileon and Storjex, attend, and near the office where she works, after Agaphed and Erodric both graduate two years ago. Agaphed works as a Social Worker, while Erodric works as a Call Center Agent. Phileon took the course of Civil Engineering, and Storjex took Hotel and Restaurant Management, both first-year students. Agaphed started working as a Social Worker at the city hall about three miles from their house, while Erodric works out of town, and only comes back every Saturday in the evening.

     One Saturday afternoon, Erodric, together with his workmates and Lora, their team leader, went to a coffee shop for lunch.

Lora: So, Erodric, where are you gonna spend your weekend after work? Since we will have a week-off, why don't you come with us? We're going to a resort near our hometown in Zambales. My relatives own one.

Erodric: Sorry, Ma'am, but I have to spend my time with my mom and my brothers, so I only have a week to spend with them. And besides, we're going to Batangas, in my aunt's home, to celebrate the festival there. Instead that I come with you guys, why don't you come with my family? (then winks his eye on her, then Lora winks back and simply smiles at him)

Lora: I guess that's a good idea. So, who wants to join me with him?

Jin: Oh really, Erodic? You're just saying that because you wanted Ma'am Lora to come with you, and that you knew all along that we won't come with you.

(everybody laughs)

Erodric: Yeah right. (chuckles) Ok, ok, I admit it, I like Ma'am Lora, but so what? She's pretty, she's smart, and she's so fun to be with. Is there a problem with that? And besides, she's single, and we're in the same age.

Jin: Hey, how about me? I'm pretty and smart too, so why don't you take me along? (Jin is a gay)

Erodric: Don't even think about it! Look at the mirror, and let's see if either the mirror will break or your reflection will avoid seeing you!

(everybody laughs out loud)

Lora: Anyways, we should hurry, we're gonna be late for work. So eat it up, guys, or we won't have our week-off.

(everybody): Yes, ma'am!

     Few hours later, Erodric and Lora goes out from work, had a little chat, and after that, they both went to Lora's apartment to get some things for their week-off.

Erodric: So this is your apartment. Looks cozy.

Lora: You think so? For me, it's not so comfortable here, 'cause I'm always alone here, ever since I moved here in Makati. (Lora sits on her sofa, then yawns.)

Erodric: Oh, I see. Well, this week-off will be fun and you will enjoy it, for sure. And my family is fun to be with, so you will not be bored.

Lora: Yeah, I can't wait to meet them... By the way, you have a twin brother, right? Does he look the same as you? Is he handsome like you?

Erodric: Ummm. I guess so.. (then scratches his head)

Lora: What do you mean, "I guess so"? Aren't you that close?

Erodric: Well, we don't get along that much. We're too busy from our own jobs.

Lora: Oh, I understand. Anyway, you should get along together sometime, you and your twin brother. By the way, what is his name? What does he do?

Erodric: His name is Agaphed, and he works as a Social Worker in our town. Anyways, let's talk about of what are we going to do to our week-off with my family.

(then Lora held Erodric's hand and thigh)

Lora: Why don't we just relax right now, and let's make our plan for our vacation later...

(Lora slightly blows Erodric's ear)

Erodric: (nervously gulped) Umm, OK.. I guess we should---

(Lora suddenly kissed Erodric, then Erodric kisses her back)

     While they were kissing, Lora's sister, Jirelle, suddenly opened the door, because the door was not locked.

Jirelle: (shocked at what her sister doing) What the..? What are you guys doing?

Lora: Jirelle?! What are you doing here?

Jirelle: Well, I was hoping to see you, so I wanted to visit you, but... it turns out that you're with a guy. So, I guess that I should be leaving now.

Lora: No, don't leave. I'm sorry, for seeing me like this. Anyway, what brings you here?

Jirelle: My manager gave me a week-off, so I guess I should be staying with you for a few days.

Lora: What a coincidence! We have a week-off too, and we'll be planning to go on a vacation. Oh,by the way, Jirelle, meet Erodric, my workmate. Erodric, meet Jirelle, my younger sister. She works as a make-up artist.

Erodric: Nice to meet you, Miss Jirelle. (then smiles with charm)

Jirelle: Nice to meet you too. Erodric. So you're planning to go for a vacation. Where are you going, anyway?

Lora: We're going to Batangas, to his relatives with his family.

Jirelle: Oh, I see. So, you will be gone for about a week, right? So, I guess I should go back home, then.

Lora: Hey, why don't you come with us? After all, you have a week-off as well, so, come with us, it'll be fun!

Jirelle: Nah, I don't think that's a good idea, and besides, I don't think Erodric will let me.

Erodric: No, Lora's right. You should come along. It'll be fun if you would come along. And don't worry if you think you'll get bored, my brothers will entertain you, so you won't get bored. And if you will have conversation with my mom, you'll never get bored, because my mom is very talkative.

Jirelle: (chuckles) So, that convinced me. We'll what are we waiting for? Let's pack up!

Erodric: Okay then. (Blast! I was so close of getting there! Tsk!)

Lora: Okay, let's start packing up. (Oh, man. I'm not satisfied with just kissing! Darn that Jirelle! Hmp!)

     Because of Jirelle, their "activity" stopped, for now... Then, after a few minutes of packing, they started to travel to Batangas.

     While they're on their way, Lovely, his mother called him on his cellphone, in the middle of the night...

Lovely: (on the phone) Hello, Erodric. How's your work? Are you coming to the festival?

Erodric: (on the phone) Oh yes, and I brought two beautiful women with me. One is my workmate, and the other is her sister.

Lovely: (on the phone) Okay then. When will you come?

Erodric: (on the phone) We're on our way there, and we'll be there in... (Erodric looked at his wrist watch) five in the morning. We're going to stop at some stop-overs, so that I may not get tired and fall asleep. 'Cause as you know, I'm driving my car, and I started to drive a few hours after work.

Lovely: (on the phone) Oh, I understand. Well then, take care, all right?

Erodric:(on the phone) Ok mom, thanks. Bye, then.

Lovely: (on the phone) Ok. Love you, son.

Erodric: (on the phone) Love you too, mom. (then Erodric hanged the phone up)

     After a few hours of traveling, they'd arrived at five in the morning. The people there welcomed them, and after arriving at his relative's house, they unloaded their things immediately and putted them at his aunt's house, with the help of his younger brothers, then they ate breakfast, and took a rest for a few hours. 

     After a few hours, Agaphed arrived, and welcomed by his mother and brothers, while Erodric is still asleep. A few minutes later, Jirelle woke up and went outside. She saw Agaphed and she thought he was Erodric, so she snob him with a mad face, because she haven't forgotten what Erodric and Lora had done last night. Then Agaphed saw her, and asked his brothers who she was. After knowing her name, he had curiousity of why she snobbed him earlier, so he went to her and talked to her.

Agaphed: Miss, is something wrong?

Jirelle: Something wrong, you say? You haven't forgotten what you did to my sister, have you?

Agaphed: What are you talking about?

Jirelle: Don't think that I will ignore that so easily!

Agaphed: Look, Miss Jirelle, right? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jirelle: I'll say this to you as nice and polite as I can be. My sister and I are like best friends, so if anything happens to my sister, I'll kick you in the face, okay Erodric?

(then Agaphed laughs)

Jirelle: What's so funny?

Agaphed: I understand you, but... I'm not Erodric.

(Jirelle slaps him)

Agaphed: OWW! What was that for?

Jirelle: That's for making fun of me! (Jirelle slaps him again) And that's for kissing my sister like an "easy-to-get" girl!

Agaphed: I told you, I'm not Erodric!

Jirelle: Then who are you?! Are you his "other side"?

Agaphed: I'm Agaphed, I'm his twin brother. Hasn't he told you yet?

Jirelle: Yeah, right! As if that I'll believe in that nonsense!

(then Erodric went outside, and saw what was happening to Jirelle and Agaphed)

Erodric: Hey, what's going on?

(Jirelle went into shock as she saw both Agaphed and Erodric, and she became confused)

Erodric: Agaphed, what's going on? Why is she yelling at you? What is she yelling about?

Agaphed: You did something wrong again, didn't you, Erodric? She said that I did "something" wrong to her sister, and that she slapped me twice!

Erodric: (chuckles) Sorry, man. I should be the one to be slapped instead of you.

Agaphed: I always get this kind of response from other people whenever you did "something".

Agaphed: (he looked at a shocked Jirelle) Hey, are you all right? Hello? Earth to Jirelle?

(Jirelle got back to her senses, and went inside, embarrassed)

Erodric: I guess you should leave her alone for a while.

Agaphed: Next time, try to be more gentle and be more sensitive. Don't give me the reason that you're handsome, so you always try to get to girls so easily.

Erodric: Okay, okay, okay. Did you have breakfast already?

Agaphed: Because of that, I have lost my appetite. Well, I'm going with mom, we're going to the marketplace, to buy some food for the festival. Wanna come?

Erodric: Actually, I need to rest a bit more.

Agaphed: Okay, see you later. Here comes mom.

     After two hours of shopping, they've returned. A few minutes later, Agaphed went outside to breathe some fresh air.Then Jirelle went to Agaphed.

Jirelle: (still embarrassed) Ummm, Agaphed...

Agaphed: Yes? Oh, it's you.

Jirelle: Yeah. Actually, ummm... You know... Ummm... Okay, here goes! Anyway, I'm sorry for what I have done to you a while ago. I never thought that Erodric had a twin brother.

Agaphed: No, it's okay. I always had this kind of moment in my life, you know, like what you did earlier. (chuckles) I mean, you're not the first one who slapped me on my face. Actually, a lot of people, mostly women, did that to me, because of Erodric.

Jirelle: (chuckles) I guess I can relate myself to them. Is Erodric that kind of guy, if you know what I mean?

Agaphed: Sadly, yes. But, I know that, deep inside Erodric, there is still something that you don't understand.

Jirelle: Like what?

Agaphed: Well, even I don't understand him either, but I always tried to understand him, despite of us not being able to be close to one another, even though we're twins.

Jirelle: So, being a brother like you for him is difficult.

Agaphed: Yeah, but as much as possible, I have to understand his feelings, even though he doesn't want me to.

Jirelle: Do you have any bitterness to each other?

Agaphed: No, it's just, we don't get along that much, only this kind of occassion we can bond together. Though he don't want me to have a bonding with him, I've always wanted to have a fellowship with just the two of us.

Jirelle: So, you're having a hard time with him. Don't worry, I'll help you with that. After all, he is attached to my sister now.

Agaphed: Oh, you shouldn't have. He only wants to get along with ladies. If I come along, he'll get mad.

Jirelle: Don't worry, I'll make him not to be mad when you're with him.

Agaphed: Thanks. Anyway, what do you do for living?

Jirelle: I'm a make-up artist. I'm usually hired at some debut parties and wedding ceremonies. How 'bout you?

Agaphed: Well, I work as a Social Worker at the city hall in our town.

Lovely: (shouting in a distance) Agaphed, Jirelle, it's time for lunch! Come on over here!

Agaphed: (shouting) Okay, we'll be right there! (talking to Jirelle) Come on, let's eat. I'm sure you'll like what's for lunch.

Jirelle: I hope so. But if it isn't, I'll spit it on Erodric's face.

(both of them laugh)

     As brothers, it is hard to understand each other as long as there is a huge differences between them. And that "differences" create huge space between them. Like a puzzle, it is hard for them to solve the problem if they don't know where to find... "The Missing Piece"...

Continue Reading