Weightless (H.S. BWWM)

By writerbynature

When the love in her life turns sour, independent, headstrong Bailey Duncan shuts that part of her life down... More

First Time
Beg For It
Weightless
Foolish
Break Free
Feds Watching
Simple Design
I Care
Bootylicious
It Was A Good Day
Jungle
Voodoo Doll
BIRTHDAY
I Wanna Know
Blue Dream
BO$$
Girls Your Age
Down For You
Outlaws
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Breakeven
Make It To Me
No Control
Here
Collide
Pillow Talk
Run
So Beautiful
Tattooed Heart
Brave
Enemy
If I Could Fly
Bloom
Say You Love Me
Hallucinations
Losin Control
Remember
Start Over
Religious
I Was Here
It's Yours
I'm Yours
On Top
Suffocate
Extraordinary Love
Forever In My Life
Thinking Out Loud
Epilogue
I Need Your Help!!

Forever Ain't Enough

3.1K 89 58
By writerbynature

For the past week Harry and I have been consistently searching for the perfect outfits to wear to the ball tonight. The masquerade theme has me pretty excited. I've always wanted to go to a masquerade ball and I genuinely thought I'd never have the chance to until now. The fact that this is my "prom redo" really has the pressure on for me to have the night of my dreams and so far that idea is not out of reach. We've taken every step necessary to make sure everything goes perfectly tonight. Our outfits, limo, and, thanks to Astra's connections, after party- all important components to any amazing prom night - are all set. I however had to convince Harry not to buy a corsage for me, although according to him I'm now missing out on the full experience.

Instead of having designers bring samples to the house we went into stores together in search of my dress – one thing I didn't do the first time around. Four stores into our search and I realized exactly why I went with the first dress I saw for my original prom. I had a particularly limited budget then and low self-esteem so the first dress that made me look thin and was reasonably priced was the winner. Now, my budget was unlimited – since Harry insisted on paying and refused to let me be cheap about it - and although my self-esteem is relatively high and Harry sang my praises in everything I put on, it was still a struggle to find something I felt comfortable in. Knowing I would be in a room full of people I'd never met before on the arm of one of the guests of honor had me being overly critical. That much attention has never been comfortable for me, I don't think it ever will be – but knowing Harry will be by my side as well as the boys and their girlfriends makes the idea a tinge less daunting.

So far, Harry's done everything in his power to insure I feel like a princess throughout this entire process. After finalizing the fit on our outfits with the tailor he whisked me away to some spa in Calabasas and up until an hour or so ago we were there basking in the serenity of green juices, massages, and seaweed facials. We tried what felt like a million different massage styles until we each could pick a favorite. He loved the aromatherapy while my favorite by far is the hot stone – yet another experience I never thought I'd have.

By the time we arrived home I practically fell out of the car my body was so relaxed. However, the zen of the morning ended the second we entered the house. Harry must've had Hannah busy the entire time we were gone because the house was full of people for hair, makeup, accessories- there were even back up outfits in case we'd changed our minds about the ones we'd chosen. I don't think I've ever been in an atmosphere as crazy as that at least not one where I was a priority. Everyone was calling our names and pulling us in this direction and that. Harry and I would share a pitiful glance across the room to one another every now and again but for the most part whomever was working on us at the time demanded our full attention. Despite the chaotic journey to get things done the end product is worth it, if I do say so myself.

My dress is black, of course, with a cat-eye neckline and a high-low hemline. I wanted to go for a full ball gown to stick to the 'ball' theme the closest but ultimately it just wasn't plausible. I'm entirely too clumsy for such a big heavy dress. At the end of the day, it's not like I'm getting married and we'll be dancing most of the night according to Mr. Styles so such a large dress would just get in the way. The back of the dress dips into a V-shape until about the center of my spine, offering a bit of tasteful sexiness to the gown. For my mask, I wanted something minimalistic and yet still dramatic in it's own way. I ended up choosing a 'phantom mask' that only cloaks one eye so my dramatic eye makeup is on full display with the other. The design on the mask matches the netting design on the dress and makes it pop more than it naturally would.

Staring at the made up woman in the mirror in front of me doubt starts to ease it's way into my mind. I take a deep breath that ends in a small grimace. The longer I look at myself the more I nitpick, my anxiousness about the night's events getting the better of me. The dress fits like a glove and I can't be sure how I feel about that. I'm filled with anxiety and apprehension about my figure. Since Harry and I started dating it's been a lot less likely that I work out what with the lack of privacy from paparazzi and all. Unfortunately for me I have to work out to stay in shape - my metabolism hates me. The weight I've gained isn't enough for anyone else to notice and mentally I know it but it doesn't stop me from being uneasy over it. I don't want to embarrass myself and more so I don't want to embarrass Harry, this is a big night for him. I don't want to be the reason the tabloids focus on my appearance and not on the amazing charity we're celebrating.

Focusing in on the way the bodice of the dress clings to me I take another deep breath, trying to breathe the negative thoughts away. This bodice, most importantly the neckline, is the key feature of the dress that attracted me to it. Mentally, I go down the list of things I love about the dress and the way my body accentuates those particular features and slowly my mind eases off the critique button.

"You," Harry pauses at the doorway steepling his hands over his mouth, "You're beyond beautiful. Absolutely ravishing."

I smile at the compliments; his warm words fill me from the inside out heating my cheeks. I watch him approach in the mirror. Stopping behind me his fingers play against the exposed skin of my back shooting chills through me.

"You'd better cut it out Houdini, we've got somewhere to be in forty-five minutes and it's a thirty-minute drive to get there," I warn, although I'm completely willing to be late.

"That's plenty of time," he replies with a flirty wink.

I don't bother hiding the disbelieving look on my face.

He laughs warmly, "Fine. But it's on later." He kisses my cheek roughly before leaving my line of sight in the mirror.

I turn to watch him slip into his tuxedo jacket. I'm so glad we decided to go with an all-black look tonight, he looks damned good. His dress shirt, jacket, and pants are a deep rich black that makes him look like he's all business. While the black silk of his cummerbund matches the trim on his tuxedo lapels giving the outfit a softer look. His shoes are shiny black Louboutins that match my heels.

"The limo is here apparently," Harry mumbles looking down at his phone before shoving it into his pocket.

"Well I'm all set and ready to go love. Do you want me to tie your tie for you?" I ask with a grin. There's something so intimate to me about a woman tying her man's tie and thanks to YouTube I now know how and have been dying to try it out.

"Sure sweetheart," Harry smiles, his dimples making the perfect accessories for the night.

Stepping over to him I grab the two sides of the black silky material, it's so soft it feels like it'll break if I pull or tug it too wildly. Although I should be focusing on what my fingers are doing I can't help but watch him fit his solid black phantom mask atop his gorgeous face. Being this close to him I get to see every stitch of flesh disappear under the dark mask and by the time it's firmly placed I'm convinced it needs to come off. With a face like his he shouldn't be made to wear a mask.

He catches me staring and another smile graces his lips. In this proximity our bodies are mere centimeters from each other and in total we're maybe a foot from the bed – arguably our favorite place in the entire house. The pull between us is magnetic. It feels like a living, tangible force is between us, pulling our bodies together so much so that his air becomes mine. His hands find their way to the nape of my neck as he pulls me in closer to slant his lips over mine. Our masks however have other plans. It's so uncomfortable to kiss with them on, the way our faces lie against one another mixed with the materials of our masks against our faces is just not a good mix.

"How in the hell am I meant to kiss you with these things on our faces all night?" Harry laughs, a frustrated sound as we pull away quickly.

I shrug my shoulders and pull his tie up and into place. "I guess you'll have to keep your hands to yourself tonight Houdini."

He rolls his eyes and entangles his fingers in mine as we leave to get in the limo. "I could but why would I? I'll just rip the damned thing off."

Laughing loudly, I shake my head and grab my clutch on the way out the door. Tonight is bound to be interesting.

~*~

I thought we were going to pick up the boys and their dates on our way here. However, as we sped past Niall's home, where everyone was getting ready, I realized we were going to be on our own in the limo. Of course that meant we ended up playing a libidinous game of cat and mouse as I scooted around the seats avoiding Harry's lipstick ruining kisses. He was so frustrated by the time we arrived that he refused to speak to me until we approached the press line obstructing the entrance to the ball.

"Shįt. I completely forgot they would be here sweetheart," Harry states with an apologetic tone, "You can go around behind them if you'd like and I'll meet you at the entrance or you can walk through with me."

I weigh my options knowing full well I don't want to intentionally put myself in front of the watchful eye of the media. However, the more I think about it the more I become aware that if Harry and I are going to be together I have to get used to being around this lifestyle.

"I think I can do this," I smile, extending my hand for him to take.

He beams proudly at me as he weaves his fingers with mine.

Walking confidently onto the maroon carpet lights blind me immediately. I struggle not to grimace and shield my face from the rapid flashing lights of the cameras. Everyone holding a camera is yelling. Most are yelling Harry's name but some are yelling mine asking me to move this way and that, smile here or there, tilt my head like this. The demands are overwhelming and have my head swimming. I've never done anything like this before. When the normal paparazzi yell at us I know not to listen to them because more than likely they're trying to bait me. But these people are press for the event, I'm so unsure of if I'm supposed to listen to them or not that I freeze up, a stiff smile on my face.

Harry, feeling me tense up, guides me along the carpet slowly, giving me quiet cues under his breath.

"Turn this way. Look over there. Smile sweetheart. Breathe."

His voice is low yet steady enough that his words reach my ears giving me the function my brain seemed to lose the second the cameras pointed at us. The cameramen's screaming pleas fall on deaf ears as I focus in on hearing Harry's subtle comforting instructions.

A lone reporter stands at the end of the carpet with his camerawoman waiting to interview us. I see his grin widen as we approach, as does mine; I can see the entrance to the ball, my saving grace from the terrifying mob of yelling camera wielding savages on the carpet.

We exchange quick pleasantries before the interview starts. I'm unsure of what I'm supposed to do so I revert back to the age-old rule in my house growing up as a child; be seen and not heard. The last thing I want to do is embarrass myself by saying something silly. Besides this isn't about me or Harry it's about the charity. As he questions Harry I prepare a few answers to questions I've seen spouses be asked on press carpets just in case. He didn't seem too pressed on speaking with me but ultimately you never know and I don't want to stumble over my words if I have to speak. I mentally cross my fingers that Tad, the reporter, sticks to the topic at hand and doesn't ask me anything.

Listening in to the interview Harry seems well-versed on the ins and outs if the charity, making a proud smile cross my lips. Most celebrities slap their names on a charity just for the 'good Samaritan' points so it's good to know he's actually involved and interested in his. Just as the interview wraps Tad turns to me and asks what I think about Harry's charitable work.

I smile genuinely when he asks because although it's not a question I prepped for, I didn't need to. Speaking from the heart, I answer, "Harry's the most generous man I know, it's one of the things I love most about him. When he told me what this charity was fighting for I couldn't have been more proud that he was dedicating his status to such a worthy cause. My family has been personally touched by this terrible disease and learning about this charity from Harry has inspired me to want to get involved and I hope his and the other boy's involvement can do the same for their millions of supporters all around the world."

Tad smiles, nodding once, he closes out the interview and Harry and I say our goodbyes.

"You did so well sweetheart," Harry praises as we walk closer to the entrance, a broad smile across his rosy lips.

"Thank you baby," I grin back, feeling a surge of triumph from the genuine pride in his voice.

There's a slight line to get into the venue due to security checks at the door, so as we wait behind a few couples I decide to resituate my cellphone. I've had it in my clutch since we arrived but it's been stressing the clasp because the bag is so full. Releasing Harry's hand to grab my cell I feel the blood flow back to my fingers. I didn't realize how hard I'd been squeezing his hand this whole time until now.

"Babe, why didn't you tell me I was cutting off your circulation?" I laugh, looking up at him from my open clutch.

He smirks, an adorable dimple coming to his face, "It's no big deal. I knew it was just your anxiety so why make a big deal out of it? Besides, I was in need of some kind of contact after you dodged me in the limo."

His voice darkens, rising goosebumps all over my flesh.

"Well if you're a sweetie and hold my phone for me then maybe I'll be sweet and let you hold something," I chime back with a wink.

He raises his eyebrows and extends his hand for the phone making me laugh.

"What in the hell do you have in that bag anyway?" he asks, slipping my phone into his pocket.

"Makeup," I reply quickly, just as security begins to check us.

Once we've had our bodies hovered over with metal detectors we meet up in the grand foyer to walk in together. I can tell from this section of the event center alone that this is going to be one fancy shmancy shindig and I mentally prepare myself for the savage décor.

Turning to Harry, I straighten his tie and mask for him and he runs a strand of my hair through his fingers in an effort to smooth it. Somehow the acts feel like such 'couple' things to do, making me smile as we enter the party hand in hand.

Beauty doesn't even describe the room we're presented with. Everything about it is the epitome of excellence. White and gold are clearly the color scheme, as every accent in the room is a deep gold color befitting the Olympian Gods while the whites of the room are as pure as angel's wings. Being that the theme is masquerade there are feathers everywhere, in the centerpieces, on guest's masks and gowns, even in some boutonnieres. Speaking of the guests, they make me feel uncomfortably underdressed. Most of the women are adorned in elegant 18th century gowns with intricate designs or 1920's evening wear with ornate detailing, while the men are in top hats and slick 20's suits. I don't know if this is a themed costume party or if these people are just really into dressing up but either way I love it.

We hear the boys before we see them, or better yet we hear Louis before we see them. It sounds like he's cursing Zayn out for something although I can't be sure, all of their accents get a bit thick when they're annoyed. Smiles however take over their faces when they see Harry and I.

"We thought you lot would never make it," Lou scolds, hugging us both. "Bae, you've outdone yourself. You're easily the prettiest girl here."

I roll my eyes at him and laugh as Nura smacks his arm. She looks beautiful as usual, a vibrant turquoise and ivory mermaid gown graces her slim figure. The cut of the dress adds to her subtle curves and fits like a glove while the ombre petals along the bottom of the gown adds drama that accentuates the small spark in her you see more of the more you get to know her.

As usual we end up separating into two separate groups, boys and girls, so that we can catch up. My eyes scan over each of the girls, they look so beautiful. Astra is donned in a dramatic purple and black ball gown that speaks volumes to her personality while Daphne is outfitted in a baby pink curve hugging mermaid gown with a simple ruched top and intensely detailed ruffled bottom. My eyes stop when they reach a slim figure I've never seen before. Her look is simple, a floor length navy blue gown with cap sleeves paired with gold accessories. Compared to the other girls it looks like she didn't even try. Her expression matches her effortless look; in one word she looks, disinterested. I know exactly who she is the second I take in her haughty demeanor. From what Niall says about her she warms up once she knows you but as far as I'm concerned this heifer is already on my crap list for ditching him before. It's seems, from the lack of effort with her outfit, as if she was intending to ditch him again tonight but decided to come last minute; placing her even higher up on the list.

"I don't think we've met," I greet, extending my hand, "I'm Bailey Duncan."

She takes my hand lightly and shakes it. "Right, Harry's girlfriend. I'm Lilianne Monet but please, call me Lily; I'm Niall's friend."

Just a friend huh? That's not what Nialler thinks. The realization that he's being played knocks the wind out of me and sends a surge of annoyance straight up my back. How dare she treat him this way? He's one of the sweetest guys I know, not to mention understanding. There's no reason for her to play him like this.

I assume my facial expression changed something fierce because before I can open my mouth in defense of my friend Daphne loops her arm through mine and pulls me away under the guise of checking out the open bar. We walk quickly away from the other girls and take seats at the gold accented bar before ordering a pair of shots.

"Thanks for pulling me away," I breathe, "I was about to go apeshįt."

Daphne laughs, her head laid back. "I could tell. Your face and neck got all red the second 'friend' came out of her mouth."

We accept our drinks and throw them back before ordering a couple of glasses of champagne.

"It just irritates me. He's such a great guy and she's been playing him for months. He's really into her and thinks they have something going on," I explain, realizing the more I talk how this is none of my business.

Daphne smiles thoughtfully. "I love how vicious you are about your friends. I hope I can one day earn that ferocious loyalty."

I smile back, placing my hand over hers. She's definitely the girlfriend I feel the closest to. Ever since our first meeting we've had a really cool connection. "You're well on your way. Especially after you just saved me from embarrassing myself. I don't know what came over me back there, this isn't even my business."

Harry and Liam interrupt any response Daphne would've had. Liam swoops in and plants a quick kiss on Daphne's lips while Harry tries to do the same but I avoid him with a grin.

"Excuse me sir," I joke, "I have a boyfriend that most definitely wouldn't take kindly to some strange man in a mask kissing on me."

He scowls at me before rolling his eyes. "You don't think this little teasing game is getting a bit old?"

I take a sip of my champagne before getting up from my seat. "Not necessarily," I answer before lowering my voice, "I thoroughly enjoy the consequences."

A sneaky grin spreads across his face, sufficiently shutting him up.

As we walk back to the group hand in hand I see everyone is already seated at our table. Just as we sit down the first announcer takes the microphone. She's an older lady in full 18th century garb, all the way to the huge hair on top of her head that I can only hope is a wig. We listen to her thank the multitude of founding members individually before she gives a generic thank you to the 'newcomers.'

While she drones on about the founding of the charity servers walk around with the equivalent of collection plates taking up donations for the charity. I take this as my opportunity and pull out the check I wrote before we left home. It's nowhere near as much as I want to give but I'd say two grand is a sizeable enough donation. I respect the cause but I can't go broke behind it. My addition to the server's collection plate earns some glances from my friends and a proud look from Harry.

The presentations continue with an extremely sad video showing the cancer patients and them thanking the charity for assisting them. Images of them in their hospital rooms have tears welling in my eyes and in an effort to not cry in public I look away and breathe. It just all hits a bit too close to home; having watched my grandmother pass from this horrible disease, each video clip reminds me of one of the hardest times in my life. My grandmother was like a second mom to me and it hurt me severely to see her go through everything she did during her battle with cancer. Harry rubs my back soothingly but he doesn't say anything to draw attention, for that I'm grateful.

As the video ends the boys are asked to come on stage to be presented with an award for how much money they raised for the charity. Liam, of course, led the speech but each of the boys chimed in dedicating the award to the real heroes, the victims of the ghastly disease. After rousing applause, the festivities start. The boys return to the table and one by one begin to leave with their dates to mingle. Harry sits with me for a while sipping on a glass of champagne.

"You alright?" he asks calmly before taking another sip of the pale yellow liquid in his glass.

I give him a small smile of reassurance, "Yeah babe I'm fine, thank you for asking."

"One of these days you'll have to tell me about your grandmother, from the very beginning. I would've loved to meet the amazing woman that had a hand in raising you," he grins, grabbing my hand in his before his attention is brought to something behind me. "I see someone I need to speak with sweetheart, I'll be right back alright?"

I'm caught a little off guard but I nod my agreeance anyway as not to keep him. I watch him straighten out his tux and walk off in the direction of the crowd until he disappears within it. Turning back around I take in the fact that I'm now sitting at an empty table while everyone I know is out and about mingling.

It gets boring pretty fast. I'm not sure how much time has passed but I start to realize I'm getting looks from some of the guests. Deciding to look a little less unenthused I go out on a limb and start to compliment people as they walk past. Out of the maybe ten people I commend only three respond genuinely the other seven, the older guests, snub me. Some act as if I didn't say anything at all while others acknowledge I spoke with a look but quickly turn their noses up. It's pretty clear these old white people are not excited about me being here and being that this ball is filled with more old people than young ones I feel extremely alone.

I'm not sure where Harry is but I see the other boys floating around with their girlfriends on their arms. I've watched them introduce them to whomever they were speaking with and sometimes the girls engage in the conversation, sometimes they don't; the point is, the option is there. In my heart I'm able to understand that Harry probably left me here because he knew I wouldn't be comfortable meeting a heap of new people back to back; however, it's my head that's the problem. My insecurities and anxiety run my brain 24/7 like wardens at Alcatraz. It's such a struggle to rationalize things like this when blaring in my mind is the thought that he's ashamed of me. I know it's my anxiety talking, it can say the nastiest things. The choice for me is whether or not to believe those thoughts. Traditionally I would, but I said I'd try to change so with much effort I quiet the swarming angst filled thoughts in my skull and head to the bar. Maybe the movement will do me some good. I've definitely been stationary in that seat for too long.

As I float through the cloud of chatting bodies I see Harry out of the corner of my eye. He's fully enthralled in a conversation with a blonde and a brunette, both in tight red dresses. It's almost like he senses my presence, suddenly his eyes float around the room, scanning for me. His eyes fall on my face, and the small smile there, before I walk out of his sight and continue to the bar.

Maybe I should be annoyed that he's entertaining women instead of being with me but part of me changing is trying to be more understanding. They could be producers or song writers for all I know, I can't overreact. I keep repeating those three words to myself like a mantra as I order a jack and ginger from the cute bartender. He looks about as happy to be here as me at the moment. Tonight has been...interesting so far to say the least.

"Thank you," I say to the bartender as he hands me my drink. I decide to drink it at the bar instead of taking it back to the table since I look less lonely here.

"Put it on my tab," a voice says from beside me.

I turn to watch the owner of that voice take a seat and raise my eyebrow as he beams at me. He's a handsome man, his thin mask leaving nothing to the imagination about his features. His blonde hair is slicked back in a high quiff, his jawline, sharp and wide is dusted with light facial hair and leads down to a dimpled chin while sparkling indigo eyes dance as they graze over me. His suit is sharp and fits his tapered frame well. It's clear he could be a model of some sort, he has that look about him.

"Thanks but it's an open bar," I reply with a standoffish smile. He seems nice enough but I don't know him.

He snaps his fingers in feigned frustration, "Well darn it. There goes my slick opener."

I laugh lightly at his attempt and shake my head before taking a sip of my drink.

"Paul Archer, nice to make your acquaintance," he introduces, his hand extended in my direction.

I put my glass down before accepting his handshake. "Bailey Duncan, likewise."

He grins, laughing a bit. "You don't say much do you? A woman of few words, that's rare."

I laugh fully then; he's bold I'll give him that. "Men with befitting words are even more rare apparently."

A wide smile graces his face, straight white teeth beaming back at me. "I suppose I deserved that. You've got spunk though, I like that. What is it you do Ms. Duncan?"

I turn to him and raise an eyebrow. He's really going for it. I'm intrigued and, sad to say, craving interaction so I go with it. "How do you know I'm not Mrs. Duncan?" I ask sassily, bringing my drink around to hold in my hand as I finish it off.

"Because," he drawls, before signaling for the bartender to get me another drink, "If you were a Mrs. you'd have a fat rock on your finger and, if he was smart, a man by your side. A woman as beautiful as you shouldn't be left alone."

My eyebrow raises again and ask with a giggle, "And why is that? So lecherous dogs like you don't come sniffing around?"

He laughs, throwing his head back, "Exactly. Beautiful, sassy, and smart; please tell me you're here alone."

I smirk, shaking my head, "No such luck Paul, it just so happens I'm taken."

His hands shoot up in front of him as he begs, "Why God?"

I don't know if it's the jack and ginger or if this guy is actually funny but I can't stop laughing at him.

"Well fine," Paul gripes, looking around, "where is he? Where's the man wasting the future Mrs. Archer's time?"

As I sip from the skinny black straw in my perfectly concocted drink I feel arms slip around my waist and warm kisses placed against my neck and my heart stops. I don't want to believe what's happening is actually what's going on. I slurp my drink faster at the thought that any of this conversation was overheard.

"I'm here now," Harry says confidently after 'marking his territory'. He extends his hand to Paul, "Harry Styles, and you are?"

Paul seems to enjoy Harry's predacious display and grins widely as he introduces himself. "Paul Archer. I've been here keeping the little lady company. I saw her alone at the bar and couldn't believe anyone would leave her unaccompanied for so long."

Harry's left arm never moves from around me as he speaks, "Well, she's a perfectly capable woman not a baby in a hot car. She's independent enough to make her own decisions, right sweetheart?"

I finish my drink off while nodding my agreeance. "That's right babe, in fact I think we should go dance, I'd love that."

I'm already out of my seat and saying my goodbyes to Paul before Harry can agree or disagree. As we walk away I slip my hand into his and squeeze it reassuringly. I can feel his heartbeat through our connected hands it's so strong and fast.

"Relax baby," I mutter as he spins me onto the dancefloor.

Pulling me back to him, I hear him sigh deeply. I loop my hands around the back of his neck and play with the hair at his nape to try and calm him. I've never seen him like this so, possessive and jealous; it's kind of a turn on.

"You don't have to -," I start but Harry interrupts me.

"Let's not talk about it. I know," he says, closing his eyes briefly as he pulls me closer.

Spinning me so my back is to his front I sway my hips a bit harder into him; since he won't let me say anything I'll physically apologize. It was harmless banter I didn't expect him to hear but now that he has, I feel badly. Slowly he turns me back to face him as one of my favorite songs comes on, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith.

The only way we could be any closer would be if he was inside of me which from the feeling between us he's ready to be. I look up at him through my lashes, a coy grin on my face.

"You know, if I was a different kind of man we'd be somewhere sorting this...situation you've caused right out. Especially after that little issue at the bar," Harry murmurs, his smile matching mine as we sway to the beat.

I snicker quietly, "You mean your unnecessary pissing contest?"

A timid smile crosses his lips, "He was laying it on so thick I couldn't help myself. I'm a bit embarrassed."

"Don't be," I quickly interject, "Unintentional as it was, I like seeing you get jealous and go all alpha-male. It gets me riled up."

"I guess that's payback since you've been riling me up all night. In fact, I think I've had just about enough of that," he informs as he moves his mask up so it's resting at the top of his head.

His hand journeys up to do the same to mine before pulling me in and kissing my lips softly. I fall into their sweet hold as his tongue slips into my mouth silkily. Our kisses easily become more urgent and hungry as the feelings of the night seep through into the moment. My hand falls to the side of his face cradling it, tethering him to me, to this minute, this second as if it'll be our last. Our swaying has stopped, the façade of us dancing, dissipated. This is what it's always been about; finally embracing, indulging in one another after a night of cat and mouse games.

"Christ Haz! Leave her a little face left!" Niall jokes loudly, making us jump apart like caught teenagers.

"Right, he's trying to suck her face clean off," Zayn laughs walking up, Astra in tow.

Harry's face reddens as does mine, especially when we see the stares from other guests.

"How about you bozos find some business to attend to?" I gripe but can't help the smile on my face.

"You two are our business," Liam states, pointing his finger at us.

"Exactly," Louis chimes in, "We're leaving for the after party now."

Harry looks to me and before he can ask I agree to leave. If one more of these old hags glares at me tonight, I'm going to lose my shįt I just know it. It's best for everyone if we leave now.

With arms linked and fingers entwined we move towards the exit for the after party. None of us know what to expect but we know it's going to be a good time.

~*~

We finally remove our masks in the limo, some of us swapping them while Niall snatches the ones he can to try them on and do impressions. He's trying really hard to impress this Lily girl and although she's still a bit detached she seems to be coming around. I'm trying to understand her position more. I was just in her same position a few months ago. I must admit it's pretty intimidating meeting this group of friends who have inside jokes and connections already formed. Had Daphne and I not clicked I probably would've been a lot like Lily, with my guard up. She's not necessarily off of my shįt list but she's definitely not as high.

Pulling up to a huge white stucco mansion my jaw drops. I thought the houses in Harry's neighborhood were big, they don't have crap on this place. I've never actually seen a house this big in person, it looks like an apartment complex.

As we walk up the marble staircase to the entrance the grand white doors open wide, inviting us into the festivities. The marble aesthetic continues throughout the floors of the foyer, up the stairs of the two grand staircases, and into the kitchen off to the left. To the right, a sunken living room is filled with people. They flood out into the back of the house were a fire pit rests before a humongous pool. The pool has fountains shooting out across it and into the water. The house is beyond extravagant with tall ceilings, beautiful chandeliers, and large windows.

"Like what you see?" Harry whispers in my ear with a grin.

I realize my mouth is wide open and snap it shut making him laugh. The guys disperse with their girlfriends to mingle and get drinks while Harry and I stick together.

"This house is insane babe," I admit as we walk around a bit more.

He smiles ear to ear, looking at me. "This is how you should be living then."

I scoff at the thought, shaking my head, "Nah, this is too much house for me. What in the hell would I do with all of this space?"

He shrugs, a mischievous look on his face, "You could always fill it up with kids. Plenty of beautiful babies in every room."

Laughing out loud I roll my eyes at the thought. "We've already discussed my distaste for those little animals. They'd tear this place apart."

"Damn right," he beams proudly.

I stop walking and lean back against the wall, giving into this game of make-believe. "So who is it that's be cleaning up after these beautiful monsters? I'm sure you don't think it'll be me, not after I've birthed this football team of kids."

A Cheshire cat grin finds a home across his lips as he leans against the opposite wall, mirroring my actions. "I suppose we could get a maid or two since we'd be working on baby number twelve."

My eyes double in size. "Twelve! Harold you've lost your everlasting mind. Three kids, tops, maybe four but even three is pushing it."

"Ha!" he yells, pointing an accusing finger, "So you have thought about having a family."

I roll my eyes at him, my only form of retaliation. "Of course I have Harry. I mean I thought it was a very real life possibility not too long ago, remember?"

He nods slowly as if he's remembering the drama surrounding our pregnancy scare.

Silence falls over the hallway until all that can be heard is the loud thump of music from the party-goers on the back patio. It took a while for us to fully work out the kinks from that situation. It would spring up annoyance in us at such random moments. We'd be in the store and pass by the baby section or a commercial for diapers would come on and one or both of us would suddenly have an attitude. It was irrational to feel like we'd lost something when it was never there but I guess the idea was enough to create a longing in us both.

"I guess since I love you, I can settle for three," Harry suddenly says with a genuine smile.

The silence is broken and so is our somber mood as I smile back at him. This is the first time we've ever had a talk about a real future together and although it's not super drawn out or serious, it happened. Our progress as individual adults is finally trickling into our relationship and I couldn't be more proud.

Wordlessly he takes my hand and we walk towards the party, heading for the bar. Whoever's throwing this party went all out and got a mixologist for each bar in the house and a catering service for a constant flow of food. Astra makes her way over and slides in between us to order drinks for her and Zayn. She looks between the two of us with a suspicious stare as she waits for her drinks.

"What?" Harry asks with a laugh.

"Where have yall been? We've all been out here having a good time and you two have been M.I.A." she responds with no hesitation.

I love how bold she is. I figure it's one of the perks of being that gorgeous, she doesn't feel the need to sugarcoat because what can someone say about her? "Oh yeah, well your teeth are too perfect, your stomach is too flat and your hair is too long." See, it just doesn't work.

"We were touring the house," Harry replies with a smirk that unintentionally implies more than it means.

Astra grabs the drinks from the bartender and playfully looks us up and down disapprovingly before shaking her head and leaving.

Rolling my eyes is starting to hurt I've been doing it so much tonight.

As the music pumps louder and the night goes on we all end up on the makeshift dancefloor in the living room together. Eventually the girls tire the boys out and they plop down on the couches to watch us. I get to see the warmer side of Lily as we move to the beat and it's a sight. It's as if her entire body lights up when she's dancing and I find out she does it for a living after talking with her. She's a pretty chill girl once she lets her guard down and I can see why Niall is so enamored with her.

Eventually I'm back at the bar, this time grabbing waters for everyone. As I wait for the bartender to finish serving a pushy girl with multicolored hair, I feel arms latch around my waist. Although I am slightly intoxicated, I know they don't feel familiar and immediately turn around to see who's grabbed me. Lo and behold it's Paul from the charity ball.

"Oh...uh hi Paul," I greet apprehensively. He looks toasted and I already feel this recipe for disaster brewing.

"Helloo Ms. Duncan or is it Mrs. Styles now?" he asks with a goofy grin.

I look around for Mr. Styles before answering, insuring he doesn't catch this asŝhat in my face for the second time tonight.

"Still Ms. Duncan, I haven't managed to get married in the two and a half hours since you last saw me," I mumble, looking back to the bartender for the water bottles. Miss Rainbow Hair still has him tied up so I'm thinking about ditching the waters.

Paul laughs loudly, propping himself up with the bar. "See, that's why I like you; that smart asŝ mouth! I can imagine how good you use it for other things," he replies, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Instead of responding I shake my head and start to walk away, only to be grabbed by the arm and stopped.

"Where ya goin?" Paul asks, gripping my forearm.

I bruise easily so the skin there is starting to hurt more than it should. "Chill, Paul. Let me go," I demand, pulling my arm away, which only hurts more.

"Wait a minute I wanna talk to you," he stresses still holding onto my arm until he flies back against the bar.

"You alright Bae?" Louis asks, holding onto my shoulders. He glares over his shoulder at Paul who Niall, Liam, and Zayn all have hemmed up against the bar.

"Where's Harry?" I ask, my eyes searching for him everywhere.

"The bathroom. The girls sent us over to check why it was taking you so long to get the waters and we saw this asŝhole grabbing you up. Are you okay?" Liam cuts in, leaving Niall and Zayn on Paul duty.

I nod quickly, only just noticing the quivering of my body. I guess the adrenaline of the moment stopped me from feeling the nerves but now they're hitting me. Looking up, my eyes find Harry as he walks unwittingly into a hostile situation. As if he can feel them on him he connects with mine and seeing the situation he barrels towards us with such anger the still partying crowd parts like the red sea.

"Baby relax," I rush out, meeting him halfway. Wrapping myself around him I try to pull his attention away from the death stare he's giving Paul.

"It's handled Haz," Niall says in an effort to calm him down.

Surprisingly he's not yelling or screaming, his demeanor is completely calm but holding his body to mine I can feel him vibrating with anger.

"Come on, let's get some fresh air baby," I offer, grabbing his face I direct it to mine, "Please."

He relents, jaw clenched tightly, and allows me to lead him onto the back patio.

"I'll get the girls," Louis announces, rushing off.

"And I'll call the limo," Niall states, pulling out his phone.

Liam sticks close by Harry and I as we leave out the door to the patio. I'm glad he stayed because with the way Harry's glaring into the house I doubt I'll be able to stop him on my own if he makes a break for it. The fun continues on around us but it's clear the party's over for our group and I can't help but feel responsible. Had I not talked to Paul at the bar maybe none of this would've happened.

"What happened?" Harry asks, his voice is sharp; not to be ignored.

I swallow down the butterflies in my stomach and tell him what happened. He was especially annoyed at Paul's comment about my mouth and even more so when I wrote the entire situation off as 'just some guy being drunk.'

Luckily enough Lou comes back with the girls in tow and Niall arrives saying the limo would be there in less than thirty. With all of us together and everyone filled in on the drama of the night we try to salvage the last half hour we have out together. Nura, Lily, and I start swing dancing together while Astra and Daphne pick on their boyfriends to try and lighten the mood. It's clear we're trying too hard but I'm desperate.

I've never seen Harry angry like this. I've seen him yell and curse even but never this. He's peaceful almost. If it wasn't for the glare across his face you'd think he was in a tranquil mood. I'm not sure if it's the alcohol mixed with testosterone or what but he's next level, lay in wait, calm before the storm mad.

A group of people approach us, scowls covering their faces, and they're moving briskly. One of the girls in the group points as they walk towards us and it looks as if she's pointing at me. I'm not totally sure why I didn't tell everyone to move locations when I saw the makeshift mob but by the time I thought to say something they were in our faces and so much yelling followed I'm not sure what was being said.

I remember Paul calling me a little bįtch and Harry calmly telling him to leave to which he called me out of my name again. After that Harry decked him and all hell broke loose. The guys with Paul jump in so of course the lads jump in to back Harry up; which would've been bad enough but of course that wasn't the end of it. Once they see their boyfriends are getting mopped, the girls with the mob jump in and off instinct I grab the one attacking Harry by her hair, throwing her to the tiled ground. The other girls jump in in defense of their boyfriends and before you know it there's a full on brawl.

Liam and the black haired guy he's fighting end up kicking over the fire pit, throwing hot coals everywhere. Daphne has the red haired girl that was attacking Liam by the mane and is leading her around like a dog. Zayn and Astra are fighting their couple nearly in sync. Reserved Nura has her opponent by the neck while Louis is wrestling the girl's boyfriend. Lily is chasing after the girl who attacked Niall, while Niall and the guy he's fighting struggle trying to choke one another out. The original girl who started it all and jumped on Harry's back has been down since I threw her to the ground and Harry is still beating the shįt out of Paul.

Rushing over to him before he does damage that can't be undone I pull his shoulders trying to pull him off of Paul. It's total chaos outside. People are rushing from inside the house to see what's going on. Most are crowding around filming and laughing, screaming, "Worldstar!" every few seconds. While some people are yelling for security and to call the police. Harry's still wailing on Paul who's hardly fighting back at this point, his main goal seems to be to protect his face.

It isn't until we hear a huge splash that we all stop what we're doing and look over to the pool. Somehow Niall and the guy he was tussling with have fallen into the pool and the guy is trying to drown him. Everyone in our group immediately runs over to help, jumping into the pool despite our fancy attire. No one takes into account that only one of us was necessary to help out, we just saw our friend in danger and instincts took over. Of course once the other side sees us jump in they jump in so the fight continues into the pool at this point. It's very clear that neither side is giving up so it isn't until security comes through and pulls people apart and out of the water that things settle down.

We're promptly kicked out of the party as if we were the aggressors because it's Paul's girlfriend's house. Apparently she's the friend of a friend Astra knew to get us in; guess that friendship is over.

Trudging out to the limo we're all sopping wet, our outfits dripping and our feet slapping against the pavement in that obnoxiously loud way that only wet feet can. Everyone is fuming mad, no one's saying a word and I can't help but feel a little responsible. It was bad enough that a confrontation happened but now a fight that's apparently going to be all over the internet – Jesus.

Niall suddenly stops in front of us making us all stop as well. He starts patting his pockets down including the one on his waistcoat and then groans loudly. "I think one of those arseholes stole my wallet!" he exclaims turning on a dime to rush back into the house.

We all share a look that builds up into a smile and then hard laughter. Liam and Lou go back with him to find his wallet while the rest of us cop a squat on the sidewalk and wait for them. Harry places his hand over the top of mine and slides his fingers between the spaces. It's a small silent gesture but it speaks volumes. Through hell or high water, we've got each other's backs. If I didn't know it before, I definitely do now; we can make it through anything together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What's up my good people!!!!

I hope yall enjoyed the chapter! I tried to make it as long as possible (over 8k words) since it's a week late!! I'm so glad yall were okay with me taking some time to get my health together. It turns out the tremors were coming from my diet. I'm obviously going to have to start taking better care of myself smh

Anyways, the chapter is definitely unedited and I'm meant to be babysitting my nieces right now lol so please forgive any mistakes!!

This chapter's Question...

What was your favorite part of the chapter?

(Mine was definitely the fight scene lol I wanted it to be really chaotic but I think I might've did too much lmao)

This chapter...

Giiirl lol Aside from the drama we got to see Bailey and Harry making some baby steps towards adulthood with talking about their future. Initially that part wasn't planned at all but once I started to write it just kind of came out and there it was. Although it wasn't a "traditional" sit down talk it was very 'them'. They're not a traditional couple so expect most things to be out of the box lol

This chapter's song...

Forever Ain't Enough by J. Holiday. Yall wtf happened to J. Holiday?? I used to LOVE his music and then he just disappeared smh Anyways, this song hit all the key points of Harry and Bailey's relationship; the fighting, the miscommunication, the promise ring, but most of all the love. It's also one of my favorite songs so yeah lol

Side note: It's getting more and more freaking annoying to add music and pictures to chapters idk why Wattpad can't just get one format and leave it the hell alone -____-

As for new follower S/O's...

This time we have:

JazmineJenay, ColLege_Lyfe97, -papistyles, LadyKori, alwomack, Interracial_styles94, queenniyniy, zkdramaqueen4life, kaelee142, Royalt8, Nerdy_Queen4, ajourneywbeauty, lovelovelovekxz, Queenavii1, Meek-A-Chu, Spanishgirl18, Couch_Queen22, Courtnee2323, josephinelovve, timcatty, KirstenFlick, ranessloyal1, felicialynnharper, AlliyahBradford, divababy14, janiya_johnston, cclovezreading, alicesdream, miraelaine, ErikaHampton, GoofyJada, densky04, dayna_pointe, ctaxty25, JanaeHunter, Ahnaaah, songbird_sugarplum, llama2x, karlafarquharson, vbvbvbnvbvbbbbvbbb, nikkiluvv, SmashClaw22, KiwiDream10192, MichelleElla0901 and urbanwriters123!!!

Thanks so much for following and I hope I don't disappoint!

Invite your friends to read and follow and leave me some feedback in the comments!! I love hearing from yall!!!!

Until Next Time,

WBN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
433K 12.7K 41
Harry Styles lives in a flat in London with his roommates Zayn and Liam. When Louis -- a handsome and spunky magazine writer -- moves in across the h...
568 120 41
Go through Sam's life of lost and broken love. She's been waiting so long for the guy of her dreams and one day he finally asks the question but not...
2.5K 26 10
What do you do when your world begins to crumble down? You're on your own, no one there to help you... Different thoughts racing through your mind...