A Fateful Encounter (Zayn Mal...

By coral_sunrise

"I ran, my heart racing as my vision blurred. Blindly, I turned the corner of the street... My mind registere... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 17

189 7 4
By coral_sunrise

‘Zayn, is this really going to work?’ I ask, curious and feeling uncertain.

‘Sure it will babe, trust me’ he nods.

‘Famous last words’ I reply, smiling. Strong arms band round my waist and I relax against Zayn.

We are in our favourite café, where we met the second time, and as I melt against Zayn, I’m aware of the presence of a burly bodyguard beside me but I don’t care. Zayn angles my face up for a long searing kiss. Melding his body against mine I worry this might take PDA’s to a new level. Pulling away, I put my hands in his as we take a seat at a table.

The bodyguard, whose name is Tyler (or Ty) took a seat a couple of tables away so he can easily see us, but doesn’t pry into our conversation. He was tall and insanely well-built, with darkly tanned skin, dark hair and a goatee.

A waitress, thank God it wasn’t the slinky one last time, took his order (after taking me and Zayn's) and I smile glad he’s occupied. I would hate that he felt burdened.

‘El, you’re doing it again’ I look up and see Zayn’s gaze following mine. ‘It’s his job’ he says, referring to Tyler.

‘I get that, it’s just going to take some getting used to’ I reply, feeling safe for the first time in months.

‘So baby, I was wondering if you’d like to come out with me and the guys tonight?’

I ponder over this for a second as I don’t usually like going out and am more of a stay at home kind of girl, pretty boring but true. However with Zayn the prospect sounded exciting.

I smile brightly, already planning my  outfit and, I thought happily, his reaction.

‘Definitely’ I lick my lips, intentionally drawing attention to them. This elicits a groan from him and his already dark eyes, dilate.

‘Babe, I need to know what you’re thinking, how you’re feeling about this’ he begins, obviously referring to Tyler.

‘Honestly I didn’t think I’d like the idea of someone following me around. Too much like the stalking that Drew used to do, y’know?’

‘Shit babe, I didn’t even think of that. Damn, I’m so stupid’

Noticing the clear self-hate in his eyes, I put my hands in his and his eyes meet mine. I try to communicate wordlessly all the love for him I feel at that moment.

‘Honey, you didn’t hear me finish. I didn’t think I’d like the idea, but the reality makes me feel so much more comfortable and secure. So thank you Zayn’ I give his hands a squeeze.

‘I love you’ he murmurs, his soft lips pressing into mine.

‘Love you too. But I still feel like maybe you need some protection. Even just for my sanity. I need to know you’re safe as well’

Zayn just laughs, throwing his head back and drawing looks from curious people.

‘Ariella, I’m untouchable’ he says with attitude, purposely popping his collar for emphasis. I laugh at his stupidity, knowing he was joking and he wasn’t actually arrogant at all.

‘Fair enough’ I say because the truth is, he is untouchable. My mind drifts off to all of his fans out there all over the world, dying to fit into the neat little picture we made. I was so lucky to have him and I respected all the other fans who gave him constant support. I did a silent thank you in my head.

Our food came promptly and as we dug in I noticed more and more people surrounding the café. Already a group of girls had approached them, asking for Zayn’s autograph.

All the while I sat with a huge grin on my face, happy to see others and Zayn also happy. Everything felt good and secure in our relationship at this moment and I wanted to keep it that way.

As we continued eating, blocking out the rest of the world for a few more moments of “us”, a girl sauntered up to us. She had blonde hair with streaks of candyfloss pink – a look I adored but would never be able to pull off. Her heavily made up face was pretty underneath the layers of foundation and eye make-up. She smiled sassily at Zayn, barely glancing my way. This was understandable I supposed, as she was clearly caught up in the dream of meeting him, but it slightly irritated me. I couldn’t blame her obvious ogling though as he was hands down the best looking guy I’d ever seen.

‘Hey! Ohmigod, wow you look even better in person!’ She gushed as she made eye contact with Zayn. We were just wrapping up the meal and I was incredibly full. Zayn had finished before me and waited patiently, passing the time by chatting with the girl.

‘I’m Denise by the way, great to meet you!’ she said, sticking out an immaculately manicured hand.

‘Well there’s no point me introducing myself, but I’m Zayn. This is Ariella, my girlfriend’ He said, gesturing towards me. I had finished eating now, but probably looked stuffed. I gave her a bright smile and said hi.

Her gaze roamed me up and down and I felt inadequate somehow. As usual with girls they were always sizing each other up, but for a brief second I noticed hostility in her gaze, before it shifted back to Zayn. Evidently, I had just made an ‘enemy’.

‘Yeah, I heard about you two. I just didn’t know whether it was confirmed or not’ she smiled stiffly and forced, becoming less genuine and more cold.

‘Well it’s true’ I said firmly, having the satisfaction of seeing surprise dance on Denise’s face. For a split second, she lost her cool façade and I saw the fire that danced between her ice blue eyes. But it disappeared and froze into the frosty exterior again.

‘I’m so happy for you guys. You’re really, um sweet together’ she said without a trace of anger or belligerence. But I’m sure it wasn’t my imagination before. Denise just didn’t like me very much, and I could deal with that. Maybe.

‘Thanks’ Zayn replied and smiled at her. I smiled as well, because regardless of how she felt about me, it was clear she liked and cared about Zayn as a fan and I appreciated the support for him. He meant everything to me.

‘So could I maybe get a picture before I jet?’ she asked and Zayn laughed and replied ‘of course!’

After the photo was snapped, Denise left and Zayn and I got up to leave as well.

‘Hold on,’ I say, placing a hand against his chest, ‘I need to use the toilets but meet me at the car?’ I ask holding his gaze.

‘Sure’ he replies, giving my cheek a quick kiss and motioning for Tyler to follow him. I turned and rushed over to the loo. I was bursting by this point, inwardly cursing having such a spicy meal and needing to drink so much to quench the burn.

Hurrying inside, I went straight to a cubicle not bothering to look around or pay attention to the people at the mirrors.

As soon as I relieved myself, I was about to flush the toilet before I heard the whispers.

‘Did you see her though? I mean really Rach, he’s too good for her!’

‘I don’t know, she seems quite nice and she is gorgeous!’

‘Ha ha, that’s funny. She’s a hideous spoilt brat with a rich daddy. The only reason Zayn is with her is to get into her pants. And once he’s through, he’ll move on. He has tons of better looking girls available. They’re using each other.’

My heart stopped beating for a millisecond as I digested what they said. My face grew hot and my palms began to perspire. They were talking about me! I was the ‘hideous spoilt brat’ and the knowledge stunned me. Is this what his fans think about me? I felt physically ill and nauseous.

The voices had stopped and I was so caught up in my internal musings I wasn’t sure if they had left. Biting the bullet and taking a chance, I swung the door open, only to have Denise and another girl aggressively glaring at me.

Swallowing thickly, I started to speak.

‘Excuse me, who was it you were talking about just there?’ I asked, hopefully sounding more confident than I was feeling. I knew it was me, but somehow I need the confirmation.

‘Because if it was me, you have your facts all wrong so mind your own business and save the bitchiness for the classroom’ I say hoping to sound condescending.

‘Whoa there. And the kitten has claws’ Denise remarked, smirking at her friend, who looked a bit ill at ease.

‘Well as a matter of fact miss high and mighty, we were talking about you.’ She stated, leaving the ball in my court. I was well and truly screwed. How did I answer that?

Instead of answering I just shook my head and bee lined straight for the sink to wash my hands. Glancing up, I caught sight of my face in the reflection.

I looked pale beneath my ever present tan and my eyes were wide and startled. My face was lifeless and I looked like the walking dead. How unattractive. A small part of me thought about the remarks the girls had made, and if they were true. Zayn would surely notice a difference in my face.

As I dried my hands, the girls were still there, glowering at me. I ignored them like before and walked over to the door. Unfortunately passing them in the process. An arm grabbed mine and pushed me against the door.  My shoulder hit it hard and I tried not to wince as a sharp pain lanced through me.

‘Bitch, we’re not through with you. If you think your piss poor relationship with Zayn is going to last, think again. He doesn’t want you, and soon he’ll get bored. After the honeymoon phase, he’ll abandon you like he always does. He does have a reputation y’know. And he’s waaay out of your league anyway. Enjoy it while you can slut’ She gave me a final shove to get the message across and whizzed right past me, not even looking back.

Rubbing my shoulder, I wondered what I’d do now I had to face Zayn. Maybe Drew and Lucy weren’t my only problems right now. The situation was unavoidable, even with Tyler who was currently waiting outside with Zayn. He did still make me feel safer, I mused. Time to face the music, I sigh, as I pull open the door and try to forget the stomach churning encounter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.8K 58
[✓] ∥ "What do you fear most?" At my childish question, she smiles and looks down. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to stay there all...
16.2K 126 15
Meet Melissa, a young girl from Bradford who used to be best friends with Zayn Malik before he left to audition for the X Factor and forgot all about...
25.9K 575 26
I didn't know it'd be this hard to leave my home, along with my friends and family. I didn't know it be this easy to fall for somebody special. I did...
150K 3.7K 28
Abbey Carmen was a big fan of One Direction and she happened to have a small crush on Zayn Malik, well known singer from the band. One day, Haven San...