The Peanuts Gang in High Scho...

بواسطة JadexStyles20

We all know the Good Man Charlie Brown together with his gang. But now that they're in high school, probably... المزيد

The Peanuts Gang in High School
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
AUTHOR'S NOTE

FIVE

1.4K 17 18
بواسطة JadexStyles20

.

.

.

Linus' POV:

"Thanks for agreeing to walk with me tonight, Charlie Brown." I spoked to my bestfriend as he shook his head as if it was nothing.

"How are you, Linus?" He asked. We both arrived at our usual spot and that's the brick wall. Sadly, it's starting to get old, so it looks shorter since the other walls has cracked down.

We both lean our arms on the brick wall.

"I don't know Charlie Brown. I didn't look fine lately. I think I needed a friend and besides I feel very comfortable around you. I can't stand Lucy's crabbiness at home. And Rerun's piano playing. It makes me feel more depressed." I stated, my face cringe.

"Rerun plays the piano?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yep, Schroeder was teaching him. He was in the house since morning. I didn't feel comfortable while we were eating lunch either. The quiet air was surrounding us, except Rerun's mouth not stopping." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Are you feeling better now?" Charlie Brown being my bestfriend asked me again.

"Aren't you mad at me, Charlie Brown?"

"Why would I?" He asked back, looking at me.

"I know that Sally already told you." I sighed, looking afar.

"Oh that." He stated. "I don't have the right to get mad at you. Yes, Sally is my sister, But as her brother I already gave her an advice. And Linus you are my bestfriend, I shouldn't get mad at you. Besides, It's all between you and Sally. I shouldn't got in the way. But I can give advices." He said.

"You're really getting better, Charlie Brown." I teased and he chuckled.

"Maybe I should put my own psychiatric stand." Charlie Brown joked as we both laughed. "Look Linus. Seeing Sally hurt, hurted me too. But I can't let myself feel angry over you. Is that what bothers you? Is that what you are thinking all day?"

"Nahh. Everything confuses me. Sally, Janice, School, Prom even Lucy." I ran my fingers to brush my hair up. "But mostly, Sally. Right now."

"Why?"

My eyebrows knitted together, "I don't know. I guess I'm just not used to see Sally mad, like she was on the field. Yep, she bothers me. But saying those words in front of her, makes me feel sick. I feel terrible. Shit."

"Linus, Sally is okay now. She's over you." He put a hand over my shoulder.

"Really?"

"Well, maybe not yet. But she really wants to stand up for herself now." He said again, as I look at him, sighing.

"That's a great news then." I forced a smile.

"Anyway, are you going to prom now?" He questioned.

I nodded, smiling. "I decided that I should go. Since it's gonna be the last. But, I don't think I need some date." I put my hands inside my coat pocket.

"Linus, come on. Ask someone. No one's going to talk to you, since they're all busy with their dates."

"Do you have a date, Charlie Brown?"

"Not yet, But I'm going to ask Heather on monday." He smiled, looking afar.

"You're in love." I tell him.

He looked at me strangely, "Really?"

I laughed and he chuckled.

.

.

.

Lucy's POV:

I was staying in my bedroom the whole day. As Rerun and Schroeder's music was being sounded all over the house. I decided to call the girls but they are all busy, and I feel really tired anyway, so I decided to just stay home. But I can't even go outside, since Schroeder was there. Everything is getting awkward.

There's a knock on the door as I was busy, scrolling through my phone. I rolled my eyes. I stood up, grabbing the doorknob and twisting it open.

It was Schroeder standing in front of me. I looked at him, blankly.

"Uh, Rerun slept downstairs." He stated, and I walk past him, looking downstairs. Rerun was lying his head on the piano, and he was snoring. I am mentally hitting my youngest brother now.

I walked downstairs, and I know that Schroeder was following me behind.

"Wake up." I tug Rerun's shirt. "Wake up!" I say in gritted teeth. "Rerun!" I semi-yelled, pushing him slightly.

"I can carry him to his room? You don't have to wake him up." Schroeder suggested, standing beside me.

"Linus, can just do that." I said back, not even taking a glance at him.

"Uh, Linus left, an hour ago?" He said in a question tone and that stopped me from pushing and pulling Rerun who was still sleeping. My brothers are blockheads, you take it from there.

Schroeder, walked forward as he put his arm under Rerun's knee and the other hand on the back of his head, carrying him up. "Where's his room?"

I didn't say a word as I walked on upstairs, we got into Rerun's room and Schroeder laid him on his bed. And he walked out. We both walked downstairs as he grabbed his papers and his bag he walked and I followed behind him, He opened the front door and stepped outside, turning around.

"Sorry the lesson took long. But Rerun did a great job." He said, smiling and I nod, not showing any emotion.

"So, uh, I gotta go." He said again, I can really feel the awkward tension air around. "But before that," He said, flipping the papers and the other fell down. I kneel down to get it, as I stood up again, lending it over to him.

"Oh thanks." He said as he grab the paper. But he has the wrong move. His hand was over my hand as it gets more awkward.

I immediately pull my hand back and he awkwardly coughed. "Anyway, give this to Rerun. He can practice that tomorrow." He lend me another paper, and I grab it, making sure I hold the opposite part where his hand was.

I look over at the paper, and all I can see is music notes. I stare at the paper for a moment, pretending to be busy as I wait for him to leave. But he didn't leave at all.

I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You going to the prom?" He asked.

"Wouldn't miss it." I answered simply. "How about you?"

"Not sure. I'll try though." He smiled and I force a smile. "I should get going." He said again and I smiled even more. "See you, Lucy." He waved as he turned around, walking away.

I quickly closed the door and locked it, leaning on it for a moment.

And my lips turn into a smile, I can feel my cheeks flushed.

I quickly shook my head, "Lucy stop." I said to myself. "You shouldn't flatter yourself. He was just doing that because.. he just want to. He doesn't have feelings for you remember?" Now, I see myself talking to myself as I get butterflies inside my stomach.

I close my eyes for a moment, slapping my cheeks slightly. My feelings right now was like my feelings when He said Thank You to me for the first time when we were little. And he touched my hand. Why am I having this feelings for him again? I shouldn't be. It's not right, It's not right.

I look at the paper that he gave me earlier for Rerun, I stare at it for a moment before looking up, "He touched my hand." I closed my eyes, smiling.

.

.

.

Charlie Brown's POV:

Today's the day! I can feel it. I was driving to school. As I can feel my heart thumping inside my chest. Today, I'm going to ask Heather to be my date for the prom. Yeah, I did practice a bit in my room about what I'm going to say. But still, what if I say the wrong thing? Oh Charlie Brown, come on! Have some courage just like what Lucy says.

"Big brother?" Sally called, and I turn my head to face her on the passenger seat. "You look fine. Don't be too nervous. Think positive. You're going to be Heather's date! Say that to yourself." Sally encouraged me, as she put her fist in front of me, as if telling me to fight.

"What if she rejected me?" I frowned.

Sally glared immediately. "Believe in yourself!" She nods, smiling. And I laughed, continuing to drive.

"Who's going to be your date anyway?" I asked, taking a glance at her and focusing back on the road.

"Huh?" She stated, still looking on the road. "Uh," She hesitated. "Shermy."

"Shermy?!" I repeated, my eyes getting wider.

"Is there any problem, big brother?" She asked.

"Oh, no. Not at all. But are you sure?"

"Mmm." She nodded. "He asked me politely when he saw me at the coffee shop. Don't you think he's nice?" She asked again.

"Shermy's nice, of course. But he just broked up with Patty. Do you really want him to be your date?" I cleared out for her.

"It doesn't matter. Shermy is nice. That's what matters. And he's gonna be my date. Not boyfriend. Come on, Big brother." She smiled, and we arrived at our school. I parked the car.

I pulled the engine as we stayed inside. "As long as your fine with it, I'm fine with it." I nodded.

She smiled at me and got out of the car. I also got out of the driver's seat. "Goodluck with Heather. Fight!" She said, as she walked away.

Fight. If my sister believed in me, then I should believe in me also. I have to believe in myself to get some courage. I can do this. Heather's going to be my date. I have to be positive. I really need to be positive.

"Hey, Charlie Brown." Someone called behind me, and I turn around.

"Hey, Schroeder!" I waved, smiling. "How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been good. Having a little hard time on Literature, but I can make it. How about you? You didnt change at all, except you did grow some hair." He chuckled, the last time we saw and talked to each other was when we were little. And talking to my old friend, makes me happy.

"I'm great. I'm going to ask someone for prom." I weirdly smiled.

"Oooooh, prom." He smiled back teasing.

"How about you do you have a date?" I asked.

He immediately shaked his head. "Nah. I still don't know if I'm going or nah. I'm not into these kind of stuffs." He laughed.

"Sure, Beethoven." I added up, chuckling. Him, elbowing me and we both walked off the parking lot and started going inside the school.

.

.

.

[Lunch Break]

"Charlie Brown! Now's the time!" Linus pushes me as he stayed at the corner of the corridor and pretended to not know anything.

Heather was there standing in front of her open locker as she was trying to find something inside. I walk slowly up to her, the corridor has students but not that many. I can feel my hand shaking and my heart beating. This is it, don't mess it up.

"Heather, Hi." I stated, standing beside her. She slowly turn her head right at me. Her red hair swayed, shining. She was wearing her mint green sweater and some books was folded around her arms. Her smell, it's so sweet and lovely. She smiled, her lovely smile. And she flushes her eyelashes at me. Her cheeks with tint pink. I feel like I'm floating in the air. She's so beautiful.

"Hi." She stated, looking at me for a moment. Her eyebrows knitted a bit as she move a bit forward to study my face and she pulls herself back together. "Oh Charlie Brown." She smiled. Her beautiful tone of voice. Hearing my name spoken by her, makes me want to die already. but nah, i'm kidding. But seriously though.

"I, uh--" I stuttered. Oh good grief, I can feel my sweat flowing from my face. I was smiling awkwardly at her. What do I have to say again? Damn, I must've forgot. Oh no. "Uhh.. I was.. uhm.." I slowly pull the collar of my shirt, gulping. I look towards Linus who was signalling me to go on and speak, I signalled him that I can't do it. And he keeps on pushing me to do it. "Because Heather, I kind of.. I was.. I.. I just.." I'm a complete mess.

"Oh wait, Charlie Brown. Hold still." She said, she pull a cloth from her mini bag. Holding it between her palms as she move it upward onto my face. She slowly wipe off some sweat from my face. My attention was on her. Her cute face was turning into a frown as she wipes sweat from my face. It feels like everything was in slow motion. I was fascinated by her. She makes me feel like I won in a lottery just by looking at her. She finally pulls back, taking her cloth away from my face. "There you go. No more sweat." She smiled. She grabs my right hand as she put the cloth onto my palms, and then close it using my fingers. "Keep it. I think you need that." She said again, smiling beautifully.

"Uh.. T-Thanks.." I stuttered once again. I hold the material that she gave me as I put it inside my pocket.

"What is it you wanna tell me?" She asked, she grab one more book from her locker as she closed it. And then she faced me.

I was staring at her for too long as I snap right at my face. I shake my head, awkwardly. "Uh.." I started. I need to do this. I immediately coughed, as I stand still. This is it. "I was wondering if you want to be my date for the prom night?" I finally said, closing my eyes. And then I open it slowly, looking at her.

"Oh. Prom." She said, it worries me why the frown feature was covering her face. I knew it, she doesn't want to go with me. I made a fool of myself. What did I just did? I know this is a wrong idea. Why did I even do it anyway? I'm screwed. "About that," She spoked again and I look at her.

"No, It's okay, Heather. No pressures, I'm not forcing you. It's okay if you don't want to be my date. I truly understand." I force a smile, nodding.

"Wait, no." She said, that makes my head turn to her. "I didn't said that I don't want to be your date. I want to, Charlie Brown." She smiled, and my eyes got wider.

"What do you mean?" I asked, blinking twice.

"I want to be your date. But the problem is," She suddenly frown again.

"What problem?" I asked, worried tone covering my voice.

"I already have a date." She looked at me sympathetically. She put her hand over my shoulder. "I'm sorry Charlie Brown." She pats, my shoulders.

I can finally feel my heart breaking into pieces. Maybe I'm too slow, that's why somebody asked her out already. I always failed. I always do failed. I sighed, "No problem. No pressure. It's good. Thanks for telling me." I said, but I can feel my eyes getting teary. But a boy doesn't cry. Don't look so weak Charlie Brown.

She smiled, sadly as she was about to walk away, but I stopped her. "Wait. Who's the lucky guy anyway?" I questioned. I just feel like, I want to know who he is. Maybe she likes that kind of guy, and not my kind.

"Schroeder." She stated, smiling and the bell started to rang.

.

.

.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
211K 9.9K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.1M 36.1K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
137K 4.8K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...