Living With Jared Padalecki

By mwthatcher3

When 16 year old Charlie Hannigan loses her mom in a car accident, she must go live with her aunt. Fortunatel... More

A/N [EDITED]
0.5/ prolouge, pilot, whatever
1/ wake me up when september ends
2/ fine again
4/ numb
5/ fake it
6/ boulevard of broken dreams
7/ same ol' situation
8/ doubt
9/ replay
10/ timing is everything
11/ stressed out
12/ confident
13/ all star
14/ round and round
15/ if everyone cared
16/ the sound of silence
17/ hooked on a feeling
18/ dark star
19/ where did the party go
20/ words as weapons
21/ it's my life
22/ sail
23/ never grow up
24/ would you love me anyway
25/ gasoline
26/ 21 guns
27/ walk through the fire
28/ unsteady
29/ paradise
30/ a sky full of stars
31/ give me a sign
32/ demons
33/ believe
34/ nobody praying for me
35/ who says
36/ fly again
37/ you're not alone
A/N
A/N #2

3/ heart like mine

6.5K 173 72
By mwthatcher3

(Charlie's Marvel hat and Mason's dancing song^^^)

Today is the day that Gen is coming. Mason is very excited, she's even going with me to the airport later. The only reason I agreed to that was because I don't want to be alone while meeting her. Mason can ramble on for hours about nonsense, so I won't have to worry about uncomfortable silences.

"TWO MORE HOURS!!!" Mason yells through the house. She is so excited to meet Gen, and I am so annoyed by it. "Come on, Charlie, you're excited, too, right?" I shrug. For the past week I've been working out so many different scenarios in my head about how this could go wrong. I lost track somewhere in the low thirties.

I slip on my black sneakers and my marvel cap, slipping out of the house. I hear Mason following after me, calling my name. I go around the house to the very small basketball court and pick up the basketball.

"Let's shoot hoops for a while," I say, tossing the ball through the net. Mason is getting so annoyed, I can tell. "Hey, we still have two hours. Are we just going to sit around and do nothing?" She scoffs.

"One hour, fifty five minutes," she mumbles, checking her phone. I roll my eyes and pass the ball to her, letting her shoot a few. She misses all of them. I give her a weird look. She throws the ball at me and I dodge it, looking at her confused as she walks away and starts playing on her phone.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask, slightly frustrated.

"I feel like you should be more excited than you are. I mean, you are going to be living with Jared Padalecki!" I raise my eyebrows in question. "Are you feeling sick?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" She ignores me, turning her head the other way. "Mason, don't make me do it." She turns her head even farther away from me. I pull out my iPod and open YouTube, searching for a song that makes Mason dance. Coming to a final decision, I click on that song that goes like 'he be rollin down the street, he be rollin to the beat...' You know, that hilarious song that is currently playing on all of the Instagram videos? Yeah, that's it.

As soon as it starts playing, Mason jumps up and starts dancing awkwardly. I laugh the entire time. The song gets over in thirty seconds, leaving her a laughing mess on the ground. I help her get up after she regains her breath. She glances down at her watch.

"One hour, thirty minutes!" She says as if she's a drill sergeant. I smile a little as she marches in the house, head and shoulders high. I laugh and follow her into the house.

____________________

"CHARLIE!!!!" Mason yells through the house. I was taking a nap and her voice was loud enough to wake me up. "Move your ass! Thou shalt not keep the queen a-waiting!" I roll my eyes and get up, walking down the stairs.

"Gen is the queen?" I question, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Duh. Now let's get moving." She rushes out of the house and a few seconds later I hear my truck start. I put my marvel cap on backwards (like the lil hipster I am), slip on my black sneakers, and grab my wallet as I shut the lights off and lock the front door. I move my hands up to cover my ears and wince as Mason beeps the horn.

We drive for about a half hour before we get to the airport. My hands start sweating a little when I think about being around all those people in the airport. Mason gives me a look and we exit the car, entering the airport.

"Do you see her anywhere?" She asks, nudging me with her elbow. I look around, the loud noises of people talking making me very uncomfortable. Then, I spot a familiar looking person.

"There she is," I point out. "How are we going to—"

"Gen!!!" Mason yells loudly, causing Gen to turn her head in our direction, and Mason motions for her to come over. I put a hand over my face in embarrassment, as I see lots of people looking at us now.

"Never do that again," I mutter, but I don't think she even heard me. I glance up as my idol's wife approaches, carrying her bags that look heavy. "Here, let me get one of those," I say shyly, holding my hand out. She smiles a little.

"Thank you," she says, handing me the bag. She straightens up and looks at us. "Which one of you is Charlie?" Mason pats my back, gesturing to me.

"This is her," she says. "And I'm her bestest friend, Mason Greene." I roll my eyes as they shake hands. "And I'm a big fan of your husband's TV show." I internally groan.

Haha, this is just the beginning of a very long three days.

"Charlie doesn't watch it, though," she goes on. "I do! It's my favorite!" Gen laughs a little.

"That's so sweet; I'll be sure to tell Jared that."

"Kiss ass," I mumble, loud enough for Mason to hear me. She gives me a look. "So, shall we?" I ask awkwardly, gesturing towards the exit. They nod and we leave the airport. I put Gen's bags in the back seat for her and she gets in the passenger seat.

"She gets to ride shotgun?" Mason whines as I put the last bag in and slam the door shut. "No fair!" I give her a scolding look.

"Hey, be nice," I say, pointing a finger at her and climbing in the driver's seat. I start the truck and turn the radio up a little. "Was your flight okay?" I ask, trying to be nice as I pull out of the airport.

"Not really," she says. "I hate flying." I keep my mouth shut as Dean Winchester immediately comes to mind. "How far away do you live?" She asks.

"About a half hour," I reply. Mason pokes her head in between our seats.

"And I live right down the street from her," she adds. Gen gives me a weird look. I raise my eyebrows and smile awkwardly as I turn my attention back to the road.

____________________

Mason finally decided to go home at about seven that night. I pretty much had to shove her out of the house, saying that she needs to get home because she hasn't been there since yesterday. She grumbled, "Okay, mom," and finally walked away. She texts me two seconds later.

Mason: I'm coming over tomorrow morning, though.

I roll my eyes and head back into the house. "Are you hungry?" I ask Gen, who is now standing in the kitchen. She shrugs.

"That depends on what you have," she says. I smile a little as I dig through the cupboards.

"I didn't think you would be a picky eater," I say. "So, what do you like?" She starts to talk, then I pull out a pack of chicken noodle soup for me. "You know what? Make whatever you want. What's mine is yours...I think." I shrug as I fill the pan with hot water and start to boil it, pouring the noodles in. Gen makes some sort of weird salad.

When I start eating, I hear a phone vibrating. Gen pulls her iPhone out of her pocket. "It's Jared." I nod a little, not really paying attention as I try to cool down my soup. "Hey." I listen to her talk to him for a while. I know it's probably not a good idea to eavesdrop, but she knows I'm right here and if she wanted to have a private conversation, she could go into another room.

"It was alright. I just hate flying." She talks into the phone. In between her sentences, I can faintly hear Jared talking through the other end. I'm going to be living with them. "Yeah, she's nice." She looks at me as she says this, smiling a little. I know my face heated up a tiny bit, since I rarely ever hear things like that. "I think so. Charlie, you're sixteen, right?" She asks me. I nod a little because I don't want to talk with my mouth full. "Yeah. Okay, I love you. Bye."

"That was a short conversation," I say as she puts her phone back in her pocket. She continues eating her salad.

"Yeah, he had to go put the kids to sleep." I just nod a little and take my bowl over to the sink. I find it a little weird when she doesn't say anything else for a moment. I don't think anything more of it as I walk into the living room. "Charlie?" Gen asks from the kitchen. I internally sigh and walk back out.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to talk to you about your mom, if that's okay with you." I freeze a little, but agree. I shrug a little and walk around the kitchen as she starts talking. "I mean, you're probably wondering why you never met me." I nod a little. "When we were kids, we were very close. But as she got older, she got more...rebellious. Right after she finished high school, she ran away from home. We tried to call her constantly, but she never answered, and—"

"Okay, okay," I say, not really sure why I chose to interrupt there. "I don't want to talk about it." I look at the ground as I walk back towards the living room. "Sleep wherever you want," I murmur as I step in the living room, grabbing my pillow and going upstairs to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 2.4K 23
Caroline Anne Garrison is a lonely orphan. She only has her sister, Robin, and her best friend, Jonah. One fateful day, when Caroline and her sister...
257K 14.5K 30
❝ π’πŽ π˜πŽπ” π“π‡πˆππŠ π˜πŽπ” 𝐂𝐀𝐍 π‹πŽπ•π„ πŒπ„ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 πŒπ„ π“πŽ πƒπˆπ„?❞ ❰ A SUPERNATURAL BROTHER FIC ! ❱...
2.6K 102 14
π™ˆπ˜Όπ™‡π™€ π™Šπ˜Ύ 𝙭 π™π™€π™ˆπ˜Όπ™‡π™€ π™Šπ˜Ύ 𝘚01 - ? ? ? β™‘οΈŽ π˜šπ˜”π˜œπ˜›π˜›π˜  18+ π™π™„π™π™Žπ™ π˜½π™Šπ™Šπ™† π™Šπ™ 𝙏𝙃𝙀 "π˜½π™€π˜Όπ™π™π™„π™π™π™‡ π™π™‰π˜Ώπ™Šπ™‰π™€" π™Žπ™€π™π™„π™€π™Ž ...
21.5K 786 31
"How does a stranger walk into my life and change what I thought it meant to be alive. It's crazy how you went from being just some girl..." --- Scar...