Hook, Line and Sinker (ON HOL...

By sheisamieambers

One awesome summer, one girl, two boys who keep on holding her back. Should she go for the one who makes her... More

Hook, Line and Sinker
1-Just a typical girl with a typical life.
2-Another distraction, a major obssession to be? :">
3-Pizzzaaaaaaaap. ;)
4-Puppy Love! <3
5- Unexpected 'visit'
6- Say What??
8- Whose pants are on FIRE? Mine or Yours???

7- Player? Bitter? What the hell is going on?!

70 2 5
By sheisamieambers

Chapter 7

When I woke up, I was already lying in my own bed, with lots of blankets wrapped around me and a cold cloth compress on my forehead. There was a glass of water beside me and some medicine. A thermometer was also there.

I tried to sit up from my position and saw that Todd was sleeping on my dresser chair.

One glance on the clock at my bedside told me that I have been sleeping for a while.

I took one of the many blankets and got out of my bed and draped it over Todd.

I hoped he wouldn’t wake up, but he did. He stirred from his sleep and looked at me.

“What the hell are you thinking, getting out of bed? You have a fever. Get back there or I’m going to have to carry you myself.”

He used a tone I haven’t heard him use before, and somehow, I liked it.

It sounded bossy and concerned at the same time.

“Oh really? Try me!” I stuck my tongue out like a five-year old.

Little did I know, he was dead serious.

As he stood up, ready to carry me back, I took him by surprise.

I gave him a playful peck on the cheeks.

“See? I’m alright. I don’t need to sleep anymore.”

I took his hand and placed it on my forehead.

“Wow, okay. Maybe you are after all.”

He appeared to believe me, but he just stood there.

“Where is Chum by the way? I haven’t seen him all day.”

I was currently looking for my star necklace when he asked me that.

“Uh, I woke up with him missing. I haven’t seen him all day too.

But the thing is, I also woke up with something on my neck. Something I found on Chum, but I don’t remember where I placed it, now it’s lost too.”

“Hmm. Interesting. What about th”

He didn’t get to finish his sentence when we heard a sharp bark.

“Chum!” We both shouted. Chum emerged from beneath my bed. Apparently, he just hid under there. He really wasn’t lost.

“Now why the hell didn’t I think of that? I looked for it in every corner, I forgot to look under my bed.”

I had a hunch that Chum hid the necklace. I went to check under the bed, maybe he hid it there or something.

Oh yes, I saw something, but it wasn’t a necklace or any of the sort. It was another black body bag. This time, I didn’t scream. I just stood from my position and tried to act as calm as possible.

“Hey Todd, are you hungry?” I didn’t notice the time, it’s already noon.

“I skipped breakfast by the way, maybe that’s why I had a fever.” I said with a shrug.

We both trotted to the kitchen, with him following behind me.

“I have a boxful of pizza from last night, two bottles of orange juice and two green apples,” I said as I poked in the refrigerator.

Todd crept up slowly on me and took the pizza from inside the ref.

“Why don’t I heat this in your microwave and you just sit there on the countertop and relax?”

I watched him work efficiently in our kitchen. He washed his hands first then dried them with the kitchen towel. Neat, he knows cleanliness.

Then as he transferred the slices of pizza into a plate, I can’t stop myself from wondering what might have happened a while ago in the park if we weren’t interrupted by whatever force that was that interrupted us.

I kept looking at him, so proud now that I consider him my boyfriend.

I just kept staring that I didn’t notice him talking in front of me, I wasn’t paying attention to him anymore.

“Hey! Still dreaming?” He snapped his fingers in front of me. “Pizza’s ready, but you look like you’re not hungry, are you?”

“Umm, I’m sorry. I was just thinking. Let’s eat?” I jumped away from the counter top and grabbed a slice.

I tried to chew enthusiastically. I really did.

But all that craving for pizza last night suddenly vanished.

The pizza in my mouth tasted like carton.

Not that I have eaten a carton before. But I think you get what I mean.

So here I was, leaning against the sink, a slice of ‘za in my hand-with Todd right here next to me.

What could I possibly ask for? Right?

Wrong.

Who am I kidding? I have had more than two unnatural experiences in the past two days and it’s really freaking my brains out.

Hello? Who else wakes up with a strange necklace in their neck?

How many girls my age have seen disappearing block body bags?

Tell me, do you just randomly feel something poking you whenever and wherever?

Thank God I have Todd. Who by the way is my boyfriend now…

I think? If you consider a guy you have been making out with as a ‘boyfriend’.

I really didn’t want to ask him for specifics, I have read in an article that commitments scare guys.

So maybe it’s just me after all.

Besides, what could he possibly want from me?

There are a lot of girls just waiting to get their posh hands on Todd, and even Matt.

Hey wait a second! It’s been like what? Two weeks! That’s right, it’s been two weeks and I haven’t seen Matt yet, or his gorgeous body at that.

Maybe it’s okay to ask my ‘boyfriend’ about him.

“Todd, where’s your brother by the way? I haven’t had any news about him. The last I heard of him, he was hooking up with a cheerleader from some school. Is that true?”

Maybe that approach would appear suspicious to Todd.

Especially now that I admit, I still have the hots for his other brother.

I’ll try another approach. Something more subtle, more simple and less suspicious.

“Todd, how’s your family? You don’t tell me anything about them anymore these days.”

Just add a pout, and he’ll definitely fall for it.

He stared at me, with his slice of pizza dangling halfway to his mouth.

“What could you possibly want to know about them? They’re fine if that’s what you mean...  Matt is still fooling around with some girl in the neighbourhood. Trixie’s still hooked in playing dolls and dollhouses.” Then he finally bit into his slice.

Then opened his mouth again.

“If you like, you can come over now. I think Trixie’s just at home. As for Matt, I’m not so sure if he’s around.

Although I’m not sure why we’ll need him, it’s just you and me anyway right?”

He positioned himself closer to me and placed his arm on my shoulder.

Okay, I get the point. Possessive-much alert.

And just as he was about to pull me for a kiss, my back pocket vibrated.

I fished my mobile phone out of my pocket very discreetly. I opened the flap in the direction opposite of Todd’s.

One look at the screen told me that it’s a text message from Matt.

Now that’s a first for this week.

I hastily excused and pried myself from Todd.

“Um, would you mind if I just go to the bathroom for a sec?”

I don’t know why, but my inner-instinct tells me not to let Todd know that his brother texted me. Weird much? But I swear, that’s what I really felt.

Todd nodded, so I took that as a yes.

I walked towards the bathroom and gently closed the door.

When I was sure it was locked, I turned my attention back to the thing I realized I was nervously clutching in my hand.

‘Hey, it’s still lunchtime right? I figured, maybe we could go meet for some burgers again at the BGB. Text me.’

THE BGB? The place where we actually had a date before?

Okay, that’s not bad. Maybe I can just skip Todd’s invite to his house.

It’s Matt-time for Kyla now.

So I immediately replied. I typed ‘Sure. J Why not? Meet me there at 1 pm?’

And besides, I don’t think Matt’s going to brag about me and our petty little dates to his brother. That would be so child-like behaviour.

Time to face Todd.

“Todd, I’m so sorry. I have another appointment to go to. I forgot to mention it all day. I’m so sorry.” Maybe a little hug might lighten the mood.

“That’s cool! Here I was, worrying that you’ll be all alone the whole day.

It’s okay, don’t worry about it. I’ll just head home then.”

He gave me a peck on my forehead.

Aww. Isn’t that sweet?

But not enough to stop me from meeting Matt.

I admit, it’s hard to not feel guilty. But please! I’m just a girl, playing around.

And neither of them has even declared his undying love for me.

Well, okay, maybe not that dramatic. But still, no one has even claimed me as his girl.

So I’m somewhat stuck in the middle.

Surely you understand me? Well, I don’t care if you don’t anyway.

This is my life.

So that’s it? An ‘I’ll just head home then?’ and the day is over? Well, maybe we’re really not a couple.

Or better yet, maybe one of us hit our head so hard in one of the huge trees in the woods last morning and just imagined the whole weird incident? (Including the make-out session) And I’m having a wild guess that that’s me.

“Okay, thanks for, everything. Thanks for today.”

I started to go towards the door, but Todd blocked my way by turning around.

“Not so fast babe. I won’t go home till I get my kiss.”

Okay. So I admit, I liked the way he said that. Maybe we’re a couple after all.

He just stood there with both his arms stretched to either sides of the doorframe.

Maybe he’s expecting me to kiss him.

Better do it.

I stood on my toes as I tried to reach him, (I’m telling you, he’s tall, and when I mean tall, I mean TALL!)

Then he let go of the doorframe and grabbed my waist.

He met me halfway and planted a kiss on my mouth.

And let me tell you one more thing, Todd really can kiss. It’s like every

time he kisses me, it’s not only fireworks that I hear in my head. There are also additional drums, chirping of birds and thunder. It’s that chaotic, that intense.

I couldn’t help but kiss back. It’s like, someone’s there, shoving some sweet treats in your face and you know you have a sweet tooth and you’re also hungry. What should you do? Grab them and eat ‘em.

Just like kissing Todd. He kissed me, I kiss back. Fair enough.

After ten seconds of realizing that he’s still kissing me and that I’m actually planning on cheating on him, I stopped midair and hugged him. Hugs don’t hurt, do they?

“Okay, get out of here before I decide not to go anymore and lock you in my room.”

I tried to push him to the door, but he won’t budge.

“If that’s the case, I won’t be going then. I’d rather stay here with you than leave you.”

“Dork. I was just joking. I really need to go to this..event.”

Okay, another confession here: I am not good at lying. Especially to people you love.

“Where are you going exactly? If I remember it correctly, you haven’t even told me where you’re off to.”

Possessive-much strikes again.

But please, I am also dying to see Matt. I mean, I let the weeks pass by without even checking on him. How lame is that?

“Um, I just need to meet my best friend in the other town for some advanced-class notes. Mom told me I should be reviewing now.” Liar.

My fingers were crossed at that time, in case you’re wondering.

“Uh, I see. But why today? Of all the days you could go there, why now?”

He’s doubting me, which makes sense, given that I’m a really, really bad liar.

“Um, Nica and her family are going away for a late-vacation.

They are heading out first thing in the morning tomorrow, so if I don’t go there now, there won’t be notes for me to study.”

Really lame, I tell you.

“Why can’t I go with you?”

He looked hurt.

If you ask me, he really looks cute when he’s unconsciously scratching his head, and at the same time, messing his hair. Which is what he’s doing at the moment.

“Um, that would be because I said it. I’m sorry Todd. Maybe some other time.”

He still didn’t look convinced.

“How about I do this so you can go?”

So yeah, I kissed him again. Just to shut him up.

Don’t get me wrong, I like him, but I don’t know if that also qualifies for love. I’m not even sure if I’m his girlfriend already.

And besides, I’m that anxious to see Matt.

So maybe you understand me if I say that I want him out as soon as possible.

So I can change into some hotter outfit.

As we both finally broke the kiss for air, I shoved him in the chest again. Harder this time.

“Now leave. Or I’ll be blaming you forever if I don’t get those notes today.”

I stuck out my tongue at him. Okay, that may be very child-like of me, but I wanted to, so who cares?

I think it worked out, my technique, that is.

He laughed and left, with his gorgeous body, and then some.

“Hey, call me as soon as you’re free okay?”

He shouted over his shoulder as he closed our front gate.

Hey, I didn’t say I was a good girl. So what?

Who knows, maybe Todd also has a girlfriend.

And I’m not talking about me. More like another one.

Come to think of it, how are things with that girl?

Hmm. If I remember it right, her name’s Laarni.

And I even met her once, right?

Ugh. No time to think about things that are irrelevant to me at the moment.

I should be concentrating on cleaning myself up and dressing for Matt.

I spared a quick glance at the wall clock and saw that it’s already quarter to one.

I only had fifteen minutes before meeting Matt.

So I chose a pink plaid skirt that reached just a little above the knees to go with my tank top and my long-sleeved hoodie. I then decided to wear my black platform heels.

It goes well with my skirt, why argue with that?

Okay. Here goes my date with...Matt.

Oh dear heavens. Sorry Todd. I can't help it. 

___________________________

A's N:

Updated as promised!

I haven't done any editing yet as of now.. Well. 

That's all. :) 

©2011 Amie Ambers

Vomment okay? :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 129 29
Love, jealousy,happy times, good times but then its life some decisions might hurt us now but are for our own good. When we fall for someone is it be...
210K 6.2K 28
Zoey Collins found herself siding with someone she just met over one of her best friends since elementary school. Asher Evans, having to choose betwe...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...