What beauty, what grace - Sap...

By queerqueens

Due to losing a bet, Alec and Simon have to enter their school's all male beauty pageant. Isabelle and Clary... More

Round One

Chapter 1

624 23 7
By queerqueens

e pieces of paper into his face. He looked over to Simon who was watching him apologetically, at least having the decency to look slightly ashamed for even agreeing to the bet on both of their behalves. Especially when Alec wasn't even around to stop him.

The archer sighed as he held his hand out to the small bundle in his brother's hand. While counting, he let out a pained groan, nodding towards Simon.

"Sorry... I didn't think he could-" Alec shook his head "This is Jace we're talking about. If he wanted to, he could get the numbers of more than ten people within that time." Alec cut him off, knowing that many were keen on spending time with Jace Wayland, Captain of the Football team.

Jace smirked slightly, pointing out the dreaded form, which was part of the bet.

"I can't believe that I have to do this..." Alec mumbled under his breath, taking the sheets from his brother and handing one over to Simon.

Before he could start reading it out though, he was engulfed into his sister's arms. "You're doing this? You're actually doing this!" she called out, a wide grin on her lips, "My brother, part of something fashion related, I thought I'd never see the day!"

Alec rolled his eyes "Aren't you supposed to be on my side in these kinds of things?" he asked, frowning.

"Oh, Alec, I am. I'm going to be your personal stylist."

Alec hadn't thought that this day could become even worse though he obviously was wrong.

"You're my what?"

"Your personal stylist, Alec. Don't act like you don't need one. You know, if you weren't wearing... that... you'd probably outrun Jace for hottest male on campus within a few seconds."

"Hey, watch what you're saying, Izzy!" Jace intervened with a small chuckle, watching in amusement as Alec buried his head in his hands. "Remind me, why do I spend time with all of you?" he asked, annoyed.

"Oh come on, Alec. Don't be such a buzzkill." Isabelle grinned at him, throwing back her dark locks, "I mean you'll be able to meet new people and I've heard that this years judges are going to be Magnus and his friends."

"Magnus Bane?" Jace asked, a laugh falling from his lips, while Alec watched in confusion. He had heard of the man before though never actually saw him. He did know though that his sister would spend time with him every now and then, apparently discussing cosmetics.

Whenever she came back from those meetings, she'd always have glitter all over her clothes, making Alec wonder what they've actually been up to.

He had asked her once, trying to be as subtle as possible, which wasn't much in his case but the only answer he got was: "You can't go near Magnus Bane without becoming his canvas of glitter."

Alec thought it sounded simultaneously as aesthetic and at the same time as stupid as any sentence ever could. He hadn't asked a second time either.

Alec shrugged "So? What's so special about him then?" he asked, tilting his head slightly, voice laced with annoyance.

"Magnus Bane basically is the queen of this whole school when it comes to fashion." Simon called out, looking at Alec as though he was an idiot for not knowing, "He and his friends are insanely popular."

The oldest Lightwood only scrunched up his eyebrows. "I thought you two were the insanely popular ones." he said, looking at his siblings.

Jace smirked "We totally are, man but Magnus and his group.. Well, everyone calls them Immortal Friends because they basically are legends here." before he could elaborate on that, Simon interrupted, ready to give them every bit of information he had on them, which, judging from his expression, was a lot.

"Magnus Bane, lets start with him. He wears makeup that puts Izzy to shame at times. I've heard that he's really flirtatious too, gives the best parties and ends up surrounded by tons of people, all ready to give him a go." he chuckled, "He doesn't really take people to bed though, not after his ex or at least that's what people say."

Alec nodded, hoping that he would shut up soon. It wasn't even that he didn't like Simon, it was more that Simon talked far too much and usually gave Alec a headache.

"Then there's Catarina Loss. She is apparently really nice though also absolutely fierce. The "hurt my friends and I can shred you to pieces" kind of fierce though she mostly uses that as threat. I don't think she could actually hurt anyone." he shrugged.

"Oh, couldn't I?" a voice filled with amusement sounded from behind them.

Alec turned to look at her, immediately faced by a woman with dark skin and mysterious eyes.

"I wouldn't be too sure on her not hurting anyone." next to her stood a rather tall man who didn't really look as though he wanted to be there. He wore clothes which could have been from another age though anyone would have to admit that he actually made them look good. His hair was dyed white and he managed to made look as though it was his natural hair colour which was quite impressive.

"Oh, come on Ragnor, don't go around scaring people." Catarina said, winking at the small group of friends, "I see you're going to join the beauty pageant? All of you?" she asked, focusing on Simon who of course immediately took the chance to talk.

"What? No, not all of us. I mean, not that that would be bad, I mean-"

"What he is trying to say is, that he's going to enter and so will I. We're the only ones who will." Alec interrupted his friend, looking at the two of them with an indifferent expression.

Ragnor sighed quietly, nodding. "If everyone is going to be as noisy as curly head over there, Raphael surely will have a fit as host."

Catarina laughed, nodding. "Well, he couldn't exactly be jury. His clothes barely see any colour at all and he'd probably make the contestants cry." she said with a sheepish grin before looking at the others who felt slightly out of place.

"We'll see you two soon then." she said and waved slightly before taking Ragnor's wrist and dragging him away.

Jace watched after them, shaking his head "Well, wasn't that weird.." he mumbled, "Whatever, I gotta go to practice now, see ya." he said and left almost instantly.

"Don't you dare continue with the trivia." Alec said to Simon without looking up from the leaflet which he was studying, "I don't want anyone else to miraculously appear and think that we stalk them."

Simon pouted, though understood. "okay, okay.." he mumbled and sighed, "I'll just go search for Clary. I'll ask her to be my stylist since you already have Izzy."

He walked away, leaving Alec and his sister in the empty corridor.

"This is a disaster.." Alec muttered to himself, to which Isabelle laughed, "Don't worry about it, big brother. We'll turn you into the hottest guy who ever went here. Maybe then you'll finally get a boyfriend."

The older Lightwood let out a pained groan. "Exactly what I meant; this is a disaster." he repeated as his sister wrapped her arm around him.

"Lets see if you have anything useful in your closet, that wasn't a present from me." she walked to the room which Jace and Alec shared, making Alec sit down while she made three piles.

In the end, only four shirts made it to the "Accepted as hot" pile. The rest either went to the "Alright, if you must." - pile or the "Please throw that away, for the love of human kind." - pile.

Alec rolled his eyes as he watched her, shaking his head. "Those are completely alright, what is your problem?" he asked, pointing to the last pile which contained most of his clothes.

"Alec, nobody will think that you're really hot in those. They have holes, they are far too big. You need different stuff." his sister answered immediately, of course having seen that question coming.

He shook his head, letting himself fall back onto the bed.

"Can't I just kill Simon or something? Would be a lot more fun.." he mumbled under his breath.

Isabelle heard him and shook her head with a small laugh, "No chance, people like him too much and you'd still have to do this." she answered.

In Simon's room a similar situation was taking place between Simon and Clary. The latter was sorting out her best friend's clothes which mostly were shirts from tv shows, movies or comic books, which meant that they weren't exactly good for an occasion that judged people on what they were wearing.

"We still need to read the leaflet." Simon exclaimed, pulling Clary onto the bed.

It contained the rules for entering, as well as the general information they needed.

"So it's actually an all male thing?" Clary asked surprised and chuckled softly. "I suppose that means less competition.

Simon laughed quietly "You make it sound as though we're actually trying something here." he said and raised an eyebrow at her expression "Wait, what? Clary, no!" he shook his head, "We are so not trying to win this. Are you kidding me? I've got no chance."

Clary shrugged "Go big or go home? I mean, come on, when Izzy met us, she called you nerd-hot, you've got potential!"

"Clary, she also called you a goddess. I can't win this," he replied, "also have you seen Alec when he's training? When you actually see his arms for once? Honestly, I can't."

The redhead laughed quietly. "Simon, your pan is showing." she said with a wink, "Just... Lets try to get as far as possible then?" she asked, smiling when her best friend agreed.

She looked back at the paper. "Okay, so your gender is male, your age is eighteen or above.. Seems like that's all you need to enter the pageant."

Simon laughed softly, "Well that was easy, anyways, it says here that there will be four categories. Casual Wear, Formal Wear, Swim Wear and as last category, the jury chooses a theme personalized for each candidate to fulfill. The whole thing lasts for two days, there will be questionings on personal stuff. Apparently the questions can be submitted by anyone, over the internet."

Clary grinned "That means lots of sexual questions probably. See, at least in that department you're definitely better than Alec. He always turns into a stuttering mess when it comes to this stuff at least when attractive men are around. Magnus and his friends are more than attractive."

Simon chuckles, then shook his head. "Yeah, but I start rambling as soon as attractive people are around and honestly, there are far too many attractive people in this school."

When his best friend couldn't exactly argue with that, she shrugged, "what else does it say?" she asked him.

"Well, basically just that you need to write down your name and class onto the list which hangs next to the pile of these leaflets. Jace already did that for us." he sighed though couldn't help but actually be excited.

"So, now we've got the whole weekend to prepare, right? We're definitely going shopping right after breakfast tomorrow." Clary grinned, obviously hyped because of this.

Simon all of a sudden almost regretted having pulled her into this though well, it was inevitable. She never would have let him do this on his own, especially since she actually knew what his closet was like.

In the end, both, Simon and Alec, ended up alone again, having signed up for a long weekend, full of buying new clothes and actually learning how to be confident and presentable, as well as two days of what could be called fashion week in their school. What a nice way to start the year.

--------------------------------

We hoped that you enjoyed the beginning of this AU and that you'll keep enjoying it in the future.

Everyone is welcome to send in questions for the contestants to answer during the rounds that focus on that.

The participants will be Alec, Simon, Meliorn, Raj and Stan.

Have a nice day everyone and hopefully see you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
984K 24.7K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
344K 12.1K 54
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
830K 18.9K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.