What is a soulmate? ~H2OVanos...

By Unknown_User_696

'"A soulmate is a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or a romantic partner.' "I see my world... More

Are you really my soulmate?

76 6 2
By Unknown_User_696

"When you meet your soulmate all that black and white will fade. It'll start with little things at first until finally everything is filled with color. But if they die... Everything will go back to black and white and you'll never get your color back." Mothers voice was soft as she spoke. I loved how she spoke about Daddy.
"Evan honey. You need to be strong." Mom was laying in a hospital bed. Her smile was soft and sad, and her eyes were almost lifeless. My father was sitting on the chair next to my mothers bed holding her hand tightly. He was softly sobbing and rubbing her fingers softly with his thumb. I was standing on the other side holding mothers hand.
"You need to stay strong Evan..." She was sobbing softly. "I love you Evan... I love you..." She looked over at her husband. "You need to protect him, Josh. I love you. I love you both. Please..." She coughs softly. "Please stay strong." She leaned over and kissed my cheek softly. She then pulled down daddy and kissed him too. Then the line went dead. I felt my heart stop too. I held back my soft sobs and listened to my dad sob.
"Did your color fade away Daddy..." I asked softly. Father ignored me and held her hand tightly.
"Daddy...?" I asked softly.
"Get out..." He said softly.
"But da-" I was cut off
"Get out!" He turned to me and slapped me, knocking me to the ground. I gasped and sobbed softly as I shot up and ran out of the room. Mother was dead... And it was my fault...
~9 years later~
"9 years, 7 months and 12 days. She's been gone that long." Evan whispered softly and he marked off another date on his calendar. He had packed his backpack as he got ready for school. He was starting at a new school since he moved to North Carolina from Canada only a few weeks earlier. His father was always drunk and beating him. He became abusive after his mother died. He quietly walked down the stairs hoping his father wasn't awake or home for that matter. He wasn't in the mood to make up another lie. The noise he heard scared him.
"Where are you going brat!" His father shouted behind him. He gulped and quickly turned.
"S-school..." Evan stuttered.
"Oh is the crybaby scared." His father lumbered over him and grinned. He grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the ground. Evan gasped and smelt the alcohol on his breath. The grip on his neck tighten as he began to struggle. Soon he kicked his fathers knees which caused him to be dropped. Evan quickly shot up and out of the door with his father behind him, but not that close. He ran down the street as fast as he could, looking back ever so often to make sure his father wasn't following him. As he turned back around he slammed into someone.
"Watch it punk!" Someone snarled at him.
"I-I'm so sorry." Evan sounded panicked.
"Get your ass back here you punk!" He heard his fathers voice.
"Shit..." He hissed under his breath.
"What's that about?" The other boy asked looking back at Evans father.
"He's angry... You up for a run..." Evan looked at the other boy.
"Um sure..?" He sounded confused and he kept his phone to his ear.
"Good. Run." Evan took off with the other boy behind him. He could hear the other boy on the phone still and soon a truck pulled up along side them.
"Get in! Quick!" The man driving shouted. Evans father was ganging on them. The first boy he ran into hopped into the bed of the truck and Evan followed soon after. He gassed it when everyone was in and his father was soon left in the dust.
"My name is Jonathan." The other boy said. For the first time Evan looked at him and noticed that his eyes were dark blue.
"I'm Evan..." He said softly.
"That's Tyler." He gestured to the driver. "Thanks for the save Ty!" Jonathan shouted to him.
"No problem bro! I was just going to go pick up Craig anyways." Tyler said and he kept his eyes on the road.
"Hey are you alright kid." Jonathan looked at him weirdly.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" He was looking away.
"Well I mean..." Jonathan touched his throat. Evan gasps and pulled away.
"Did he do that to you?" He said in a caring voice. Evan ignored his question and stared into his eyes.
'When you find your soulmate your black and white world slowly starts to gain color. It'll start as little things then slowly more will gain color. Until they die. Then you'll lose all of you color again. But it wouldn't come back a second time.' He heard his mothers voice.
"Do you want to hang out with us Ev?" Tyler said softly as they pulled up in front of a bright yellow house.
"I guess... I mean if you want me to hang around." Evans voice was soft.
"Hey your new. I mean it'd be great having a new member to the Banana Bus Squad." A small blond walked out the door an hopped into truck.
"Who's the new kid?" He had an accent, though Evan couldn't pin point what it was.
"Oh he's Evan. Evan this is Craig. Craig, Evan." Tyler introduced the two. Evan waved softly and Craig nodded. Jonathan was digging though his bag for something and smiled as he pulled out a scarf.
"Here." He whispered softly as he handed Evan the scarf. It was covered in symbols that he reconsidered it to be from Supernatural. He smiled and put it on slowly.
"Thank." It covered his bruises. Jonathan smiled brightly then dropped it.
"So what was that about?" Jonathan questioned.
"Nothing... It was nothing..." Evan sighed softly as they pulled into the school.
"Are you sure?" He sounded worried. Evan only nodded and looked away. Tyler parked and hopped out with Craig. Jonathan then followed and Tyler lifted Evan out. Evan was shocked and shoved away from Tyler as he was dropped. 5 more males walked up to the group. Tyler was still looking at Evan weirdly.
"Who's the kid?" The only colored kid asked softly.
"Oh this is Evan. He ran into me." Jonathan smiled.
"Oh I'm Marcel, this is Brock, Brian, David and Lui." He made a gesture to the other 4 males.
"We call him Squeaker." The one they call David rests his arm on the smallest one, Lui.
"Squeaker?" Evan asked softly.
Lui let out a deep sigh and cleared his throat, "it's not a voice over." Evan smiled and laughed softly. Lui smiled and looked up at David.
"Lets get inside guys." Craig finally said softly. They all nodded and headed inside the school. Evan looked around then followed the others inside. Jonathan waited for Evan in the doorway of the school. Evan ran to catch up and smiled at him.
"You okay?" He asked softly.
"Yeah I'm fine." He looked around one last time before entering the school behind Jonathan.
Evan had every class with Jonathan and that made him happy, but he still didn't want to go home. He was afraid of what awaited him there.
"You're doing it again." Jonathan said plainly. Evan had only realised he was chewing on his nails again. Nervous habit.
"Sorry..." Evan said softly.
"Why are you apologising?" He tilted his head to the side. It was a habit... He was so use to apologising to his father all the time that it became normal.
"What's eating at you?" He asked Evan softly.
"I'm afraid..." Evan looked away, ashamed. Jonathan looked at him confused then had a look of realisation.
"He won't hurt you Evan. I won't let him touch you again. Why don't you come to my place tonight?" Jonathan told him with a bright smile. Evan nodded his head quickly. "It's settled then. You're coming home with me." His smile lit up his face. They were the only ones sitting at their table in the cafeteria at the moment and they waited for the rest of the gang to show up. Evan rested his head on his hands and he let out a deep sigh.
"It'll be alright Evan..." Jonathan whispered to him as Brock and Brian sat down at the table a crossed from them. Evan felt his phone buzz in his pocket, which cause him to jump.
"Is everything alright Evan?" Brock asked softly. Evan ignored him and was reading over the message.
'You can't hide from me you worthless piece of shit. I'll find you and those stupid little friends of yours.' Evan gasped and threw his phone a crossed the table at Brock and Brian. Brian quickly grabbed it and gasped.
"Who is this Evan?!" He asked in his heavy Irish accent. He was glad that he hadn't saved his fathers number into his contacts.
"I-I don't know...!" He lied.
"Then why the fuck is he threatening you like this!" It was Brock this time.
"I don't know!" Evan knew why, he just couldn't tell them that. The rest of the guys started show up and sit down. David Lui and Marcel walked up first then they were followed by Craig and Tyler. They noticed the tension right away and looked around that the four already sitting there.
"What's up?" Tyler asked softly. The guys all looked to Evan as he snatched his phone from Brian.
"It's nothing guys." Evan shot daggers and Brock and Brian. Both boys nodded their heads in agreement. The rest of lunch was silent as everyone ate their food. Evan enjoyed the silence and smiled as he rested his head on the table again. He felt his phone buzz again and he gulped as he pulled it out. He shot up and looked around the area after seeing the image his father had sent him.
"Ev, what's wrong dude?" Jonathan looked at him worried.
"Oh god... I-I have to go..." Evan ran out of the cafeteria leaving his phone on the table. Jonathan looked at it and gasped. The 'unknown' number had sent Evan a photo of him and the group at the table. Jonathan looked around a bit then decided to go after Evan.
"Evan!" Jonathan shouted. He stopped in the doorway of one of the bathrooms and he walks into it. The sobs he heard from inside broke his heart.
"Evan...?" Jonathan whispered softly as he entered.
"What do you want Jon." Evan hiccuped.
"Listen Evan... I saw the photo. I won't let anyone hurt you." He walked up to Evan slowly.
"You can't stop him Jon. My father always get him what he wants." Evan wailed softly. Jonathan sunk to his knees and hugged him softly.
"It'll be alright." The bell rang signalling the end of lunch and Jonathan held a hand out to him.
"Come on." He smiled. Evan took his hand and let him drag him to his feet. They exited the bathroom and walked to their next shared class.
The end of the class period was drawing to a close as an alarm went off. Evan jumped and looked around. Everyone was running to the back corner. Evan followed the others and sat behind Jonathan. He felt his phone buzz again. He pulled it out and gasped. 'I'll start picking them off one by one until you come out of hiding boy.' He can hear a door getting kicked open down the hall. He freezes and looks at Jonathan in horror.
'Its him.' Evan mouthed to Jonathan as his eyes widened in horror. Evan nodded softly and looked at the door. Another door gets kicked in much closer this times, the room that Marcel David and Lui are in. Evan bites his bottom lip as he hears Lui scream.
"Let him go!" It was David.
"Then answer me. Where is Evan!?" The unknown voice shouts. The voices go quiet as a shot rings out. The door next door is kicked open and Evan can hear the whining of the students. Then Craig screams out.
"I can't do this anymore!" Evan whisper/shouts. Jonathan grabs him as he stands up. He yanks away and rushes to the door. The next few moments happened in slow motion as Evan threw the door open to come face to face with his biggest fear. His father grins at him and picks up his gun.
"Hello son." He said with a grin. The cocked the gun and pointed it at Evans chest. Tyler David and Marcel stand on the other side of the hall in front of Lui and Craig. Jonathan shot up as the trigger was pulled and Evan dropped. His father then looked at Jonathan as he came running over. He was shot in the shoulder as well. Evans father reached down and grabbed the bloody body and dragged his body away. All Jonathan could see was red. Blood red. He coughs and tries to get up. Tyler ran up to him and helped him to his feet. He held his shoulder and coughed softly as he looks up at Tyler sadly.
"I broke my promise to him Ty." Jonathan began to tear up. Tyler hugged him tightly and ran his fingers through his hair.
"We'll get him back Jon... I promise." Jonathan noticed that Tyler had brown eyes and brown hair.
'I'm seeing colors?' Jonathan though to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 908 15
As Y/N, you work with the equipment in Task Force 141. You handle the Walkie Talkies, you try out the new guns to see if they are manageable, you cre...
31.4K 1.7K 21
Pluto thai gl novel α€™α€Όα€”α€Ία€™α€¬α€˜α€¬α€žα€¬α€•α€Όα€”α€Ί
11.6K 992 26
people read the book trust me on this one
345K 15.2K 166
Naruto has always had video games to fall back on growing up while the rest of the village pretty much treated him like garbage. What happens when Na...