Zombocalypse: THE ORIGINAL

By FlutterDerp

Amber Nicole is trapped inside her middle school... Not with the usual obnoxious teenagers and annoying teach... More

Zombocalypse: THE ORIGINAL

451 10 15
By FlutterDerp

January 12, 2013

"Mom! I don't have time! I have - to go!" I yelled out as she attempted to fix my hair. She continued to cry out, "Hold still!" over and over again. I eventually broke free from her grasp.

"I'll fix it later, God..." I watched, as the black Altima began to drive away into the thick fog. I sighed, and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I turned, and quickly made my way towards the school entrance. I pulled the door open, and stepped inside.

Just as I was about to turn to go into my homeroom, the assistant principal walked by, and gave me a look of concern.

"Great..." I said under my breath, as the administrator eased his way towards me.

"Hey - it's 7:15 already. Go get a tardy slip," he said with a bit of annoyance in his voice and pointed at the attendance office.

I let out a long sigh, and slowly walked towards the office. I stopped in front of the large wooden doors, and hesitated for a bit.

My hand finally reached the metal handles, and pulled. Walking inside the main office, I noticed a very unusual odor fill the room.

"Uh, hello?" I leaned against the blue countertop, and scoped my surroundings. To my right, I noticed a large white binder that was overflowing with various papers, on a wooden chair.

Looking up, I noticed that the two computers had a blue screen with white numbers and symbols streaming down the screen quickly.

"Weird..." I found this extremely peculiar, for I knew that none of the computers here at school did that.

I jumped up in fright as I heard a loud crash come from another part of the office. I dropped my backpack to the linoleum floor, and walked towards the source of the noise.

"H-hello?" I said shakily. More crashing was heard, and I thought that it'd be best to just leave. Curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to just find out what was behind all the racket.

"No! Stop - AGHHH!" A high-pitched scream was heard. I quickly ran towards the noise, and stopped in my tracks when I realized it was the principal being 'attacked'.

"No - please!" Her voice was muffled, and I couldn't make out exactly what she said. Another scream, and then a long, hollow SNAP.

I listened, mortified by what I just heard. My entire body shook in fear, as everything became dead silent.

'Amber! Don't open the door, don't open the door, don't open the door!' my conscious yelled out. But before I knew it, my hand found the cold metal doorknob, and twisted it.

The door creaked as I opened it. The entire room was pitch black, and I couldn't see anything whatsoever.

I suddenly gagged, for that 'unusual odor' I had came across before, was back - although, it was even worse.

I covered my nose with my hand, and desperately searched for the light switch. I flipped the light back on, as soon as I found it.

A bone-chilling scream was heard, and it took a moment to realize that that scream, had come from me.

The sight of that... That creature, made me want to run away in terror - but I couldn't. I was paralyzed with fear. The thing began shrieking in pain as the light began to scorch it - causing it's skin to smoke and bubble. It's decayed skin turned from dark green, to black, as it slowly formed into ashes.

Blood soaked the opposite side of the room, and I clearly saw a hand behind the desk. The lights went out as soon as I ran towards the door that led out to the hallway. It refused to budge an inch.

"Come on!" I pleaded, and decided to just kick it open. Both of the large doors finally opened and from the corner of my eye, I was able to see the lights going out one-by-one... Like a domino effect.

The school was shrouded in darkness, and it seemed as if the only light came from the windows behind me.

7:45 AM

I've been sitting next to the windows for the past ten minutes already. I decided to get up and search for some other students. I slowly got up, and began to slowly walk to the classrooms.

I knocked on each of the doors, but got no response.

'I guess everyone fled...' I thought to myself.

I refused to believe that, and jogged towards my history class. I was about to tap on the window of the door, until I heard a loud growl come from behind me. I turned around quickly and saw a similar creature from back at the office, except this one had pale gray skin.

Cracks slowly formed on its arms and chest. Without warning, black liquid came pouring out of each of the crevices.

No sound came out when I attempted to cry for help. Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arms. The creature slashed my stomach with its black claws before I was dragged - actually pulled - into the room.

I cried out in pain, as I fell on my back. The animal pried the door open with its wrinkled hands.

"Shoot it!" A familiar voice yelled out. I tried to turn around, but ended up releasing white-hot pain. I gasped, as my blood fell down my sides and onto the floor.

A loud gunshot rung out, and I looked at the creature for the last time, and saw that its head blew up right before my eyes. Black fluids spurted out of its decapitated body, and landed on my navy blue Converse.

Disgusted out of my mind, I was able to finally see my friend, Eli. He slammed the door shut, and breathed heavily.

"Eli - help me up, please... Oh my gosh, it hurts..." I gasped as I took a deep breath.

"Eli, rest. I'll help Amber..." A female voice said, as I slowly began to be lifted off the ground.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch..." I said quietly, as a searing pain filled my body. I looked at one of the gashes on my stomach, and was about to touch it, when out of nowhere, the mystery girl slapped my hand.

"Hey! What was that for?" I said innocently, and looked up, only to see my best friend, Iris.

She looked at me dead in the eye then finally spoke, "Don't touch it!"

Eli looked at me and said, "That thing got you pretty good..."

I nodded in agreement, "Are you two the only ones here?"

Iris shook her head and responded with, "No... Miranda and Brittany are here."

"I'm right here!" Miranda shouted out, and walked out of the shadows with a gun in her hand.

"Wait... You were the one who shot that thing down?" I asked, amazed.

She replied with a simple "no" and said that Brittany was the one who shot it.

"Ha, epic..." I chuckled.

I looked over at Eli, who was busy standing at the door way. After I was finally able to stand up on my own, I slowly took a seat at one of the desks.

"So uh... What happened to everyone else?" I asked quietly.

"Everyone is hiding in the science, and ELA classrooms - or at least the remaining people..." His voice trailed away, as he continued to look out to the hallways.

Brittany and Iris both took a seat beside me, and asked how I was doing.

"I'm fine, thanks..." I replied softly, and watched as Miranda skillfully loaded all four of the guns.

"Okay... There's only one thing that we DON'T know about those things. What exactly are their weaknesses?" Eli suddenly spoke up.

"I know what it is," I blurted out. Everyone stared at me as if they just saw a ghost.

"Then, what is it?" Iris questioned.

"Well... I was in the office, waiting for some teacher to come up to the counter and give me a tardy slip or something - and I just heard screaming and everything coming from the principal's office," I flinched a bit, "and when I opened the door, I saw that... Thing eating the principal..."

I giggled, "Then I turned on the light, and it just started burning up, and it turned to a pile of ash."

They all looked at each other, then Brittany responded with, "THAT'S why they managed to turn out all the lights here at school..."

"Let's try to find some flashlights or something - it'll probably be the only thing that helps keep us alive," I said aloud.

"Amber - you can't go, dude! You can hardly even walk with those cuts on your stomach," Iris said angrily.

There was no point in arguing with her, "Fine... I'll stay."

Miranda gave a gun to Eli, Brittany, Iris, and myself.

"Stay here, okay?" Brittany said to me, then quickly made their way to the door.

8:16 AM

My four friends have been out for a while now already, and I was bored out of my mind.

'It may be a while until they get back...' a thought said in my head.

I hesitated for a bit, then decided to get out of the dark classroom. Grabbing the gun, I eased my way to the door and carefully opened it, as to not make any noise.

I stepped out, and crept my way to the teacher's lounge.

Just as I was about to enter the room, I heard a horrible screech come from behind me. I covered my ears, and quickly turned around - only to see a creature that looked completely different from the others.

This one had two massive wings that look like they've been twisted and broken. It had light gray, pebbled skin and had eyes that resembled a spiders. Each eye had a faint red glow in them.

I gasped, then finally managed to make it inside without a scratch. I fell on my arm, and quickly backed away from the door. The creature kept crashing into the door, attempting to get me.

Soon, I got bored watching it hit the door repeatedly. I picked up the gun, and shot the beast down with a single bullet to the head.

"Bam... Headshot," I whispered to myself, and smiled. I grunted a bit as I stood back up, and faced the vending machine.

"How am I going to get food from this?" I asked myself quietly, and tapped on the glass that covered the delicious candy.

I sighed then decided I would have to break it - without wasting the precious ammo in the gun.

I backed away from the machine, then charged. My arm collided with the machine, and to my utter surprise - it broke into a million pieces.

Smiling, I quickly stuffed my pockets with Snickers, M&M's, Skittles, Hershey bars, and some of the small chocolate cupcakes. Once I exited the lounge, I began to eat some Skittles.

Everything was completely fine, until I heard an enormous growl.

"Holy crap!" I yelled out, as the headless thing I had shot a while ago, began chasing me down the hallway. I threw the bag of Skittles to the end of the hall, and began to run for my life.

My hand reached into my front pocket, pulled the gun out, and shot the creature for the last time.

"Yeah! Taste the rainbow!" I shouted out in victory. My eyes wandered around the hall, and I noticed all the multi-colored candies spread out on the linoleum floor.

"Darn..." I sighed, and found myself standing in front of history classroom.

When I came in, I was greeted with a punch to the shoulder.

"We told you to stay inside!" Iris yelled out, but replaced her anger with a new emotion once she eyed the candy overflowing from my pockets.

"Oh, cool! You brought candy." I handed her a Snickers bar. She thanked me, and began to gobble up the treat.

I dumped all the snacks onto one of the desks, "Alrighty everybody! Let's have a nice, healthy breakfast."

Eli, Miranda, and Brittany all focused their attention on the various treats.

"Whoa - where'd you get all this?" Eli asked amazed.

I then informed them about the winged creature, and how it came back to life. Eli showed the most surprise in this discovery.

"At least now we all know that they can resurrect themselves," Eli said at last, and munched on the Snickers bar.

"Again - where did you get these?" Brittany asked, scoping out the candies on the table.

"The teacher's lounge," I replied, wiping away the crumbs from my face.

"There's still a lot of candy left y'know... But I'm terrified of that - that THING, attacking me again," I said shakily.

8:48 AM

"Okay... So where are we going now?" I asked as I grabbed a handful of bandages.

"We're heading to the band hall, so you might wanna cover all that up," Eli responded, motioning at the three gashes on my stomach.

"Here," he said, handing me a dry paper towel, "you might wanna scrub all that blood off - it attracts the zombies."

"So they're 'zombies' then?" Miranda asked, putting her chocolate cupcake down.

"I guess... Anyways - how do you expect me to 'scrub' it off without water?" I stared at him confusingly.

He looked around the room, and grabbed a large Germ-X bottle from the teacher's desk.

I looked at him, horrorstruck, "No - no way, dude! That stuff hurts like Hell!" I backed away from Eli, but he kept advancing towards me.

"Amber! Do you want to live or not?" This was the first time any of us heard Eli speak THIS seriously. I thought about the question for a few seconds.

I sighed, "Yeah - I guess I wanna live."

Iris smiled, then said, "Alright! Eli - I'll handle Amber from here." She took the Germ-X bottle, and yanked another piece of paper towel from the roll, and squirted some of the sanitizer onto it.

"Now, I know this is going to hurt - but you'll just have to suck it up."

- She unscrewed the lid, and poured even more onto the paper towel -

"Amber - calm down!"

- She held out the soggy napkin in front of my stomach -

"Just hold your breath and you'll be fine."

- I could already feel the sanitizer on my gashes, making them slowly burn up -

I screamed in agony as the paper towel reached its destination. It felt as if I dipped my whole body into a pool of acid. The pain was excruciating, but I somehow managed to get through it.

9:00 AM

By the time we finished putting bandages on me, I was able to run and walk better than before.

"Glad that you got it over with, Amber?" Brittany asked with a laugh.

I nodded a bit, then said, "Okay - let's get going!"

With that said, we each grabbed our guns, and headed out the classroom. The door slowly creaked as Eli pushed it open.

"We have to be quiet - they can hear EVERYTHING," I gulped as Eli mentioned that.

Everyone silently followed Eli down the other hallway. It seemed as if we were walking for hours, trying to get to the other classroom.

"Where are we going again?" Iris nudged my back with her elbow gently.

"To the science class - we're going to see if anybody else is there... And if there's not... We'll get flashlights only," I whispered, answering her question at last.

"And then we'll settle down at the band hall," Eli added quietly.

He opened up the door the science classroom, and each of us slid inside quickly.

Brittany closed the door carefully behind us. My eyes wandered around the room, and it took me a second to notice something...

"Hey, Eli," I whispered to him, tapping his shoulder.

"What?" He looked at me with worry on his face.

"There..." I pointed at the floor. Everyone stepped towards the object.

"It's... It's blood..." Brittany said shakily.

"It doesn't make any sense... If there's a puddle of blood, then where's the -" I was cut short when a droplet of blood fell from the ceiling, and into the puddle, creating a mini ripple.

We stared at each other and slowly began to look up.

"Oh my..." My voice faded out. I covered my mouth, trying not to scream.

On the ceiling was... Miranda! Her throat was slashed open and it seemed as if some black spikes were keeping her attached to the ceiling. The spikes pierced through her arms, legs, and stomach.

Iris grabbed my arm tightly, with tears in her eyes. Eli walked to the opposite side of the room and buried his face in his hands. Brittany simply looked away, and quickly wiped her tears.

I hugged Iris tightly, as she began to cry in my shoulder. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying as I continued to look at Miranda's corpse.

Suddenly, her arms began sliding off the spikes. As a matter of fact - her whole body began slipping off. The spikes couldn't support all her weight, and as a result - her dead body collapsed on the floor, creating a bloody mess.

Dark red blood splattered onto our faces, as each of us screamed in terror.

"A-Amber? W-W-Where's her -" Iris was cut off when Miranda's leg fell from the ceiling.

She screamed again, and yelled out, "Never mind!" I looked down a second time, letting tears pour out of my eyes like a miniature waterfall.

9:26 AM

We've been in here for the past twelve minutes already - grieving the loss of our friend Miranda. Iris, Eli, Brittany, and I were sitting in the corner of the room.

It was dead silent, except for the occasional sniffling from Iris.

After we all calmed down a few more minutes later, Eli broke the silence by saying, "We better go... We need to look for more -" He stopped talking as we all heard the sound of someone cough.

Eli stood up and tip-toed across the room. Eli pointed towards the closet. He placed his ear against the door, "Guys... I hear whispering in there."

By this time, I let go of Iris, stood up, and quickly jogged over to where Eli was at.

"I'm not playing around - I swear!" He whispered loudly. I gently pushed Eli aside, and opened the closet door.

"Is someone in here?" I asked with a shaky voice. All was silent.

Seconds passed, and Eli handed a blue flashlight to me, "Hello? We're not going to hurt you."

Silence... Then we both heard the sound of someone breathing.

"Amber...?" A familiar, male voice spoke in the pitch black darkness. I turned the flashlight on, and aimed the light inside the room and saw...

"Dylan!" I clutched onto the flashlight tightly, and shone the light over him.

'Are you sure that's him, Amber?' My conscious spoke to me once again.

'Yeah, it's him,' a separate thought said.

He had his brown and black hair, styled to the side as usual. His purple jeans had been stained with blood on one side of his leg, and his black high-top Converse had a bit of a rusty red tint to them.

Dylan looked up at me with his light brown eyes, and I immediately noticed a deep cut at the side of his cheek.

I dropped the flashlight, and ran over to him. Tears formed in my eyes as he quickly wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"W-What are you doing in here?" I asked him quietly.

He held onto his leg, and said, "Hiding from the zombies... I ran in here with Alexandria - we came in here when your friend Miranda ran inside... She tripped and accidentally shot my leg," he pointed at the wound, "I told her to get inside quickly, but the zombie got her, and... Tacked her to the ceiling."

"Wait... Where's -" I screamed in fright, as Alexandria jumped out from the shadows and tackled me to the floor.

"Amber!" Iris, and Brittany cried out my name, and ran towards me.

"Don't worry - Alex isn't possessed," I said jokingly.

9:53 AM

"Can you tell us HOW you got that cut on your face?" Iris asked Dylan, clearly intrigued by his appearance. I rolled my eyes, and covered up the gunshot wound.

"Uh, this zombie came up to me - actually behind me... And when I turned around - it scratched my face with one of its claws."

"Ouch... That kinda happened to me when we were in front of the history classroom," I pointed out to the bandages wrapped around my waist, "It hurt like Hell - actually the Germ-X did..." I flinched at the thought.

I handed Dylan a bag of Skittles, as I finished putting band-aids on his leg.

"Wait, wait, wait... How did you find her?" Eli asked, pointing over at Alexandria, who was busy stuffing chocolate in her mouth.

"Alex! Jesus - take it easy on the chocolate!" I yelled out to her.

"Heh... And we kinda ran into each other - literally! I was running out of my algebra class when I saw my teacher being attacked by one of those winged zombies... And I wasn't looking where I was going -"

"Neither was I," said Alexandria with a giggle.

"And that's when we ran into each other," Dylan concluded, and gave one of his cute, boyish smiles to me. I blushed a bit, then quickly looked away.

"And that's when we decided to... Uh, hold on," Alexandria poured some M&M's into her mouth, "We decided to stick together - and we came in here, until Miranda came in running. That's when she shot Dylan by accident - she meant to shoot the zombie - but it got her..."

There was deep silence between all of us. I sighed, and then smiled a bit as Dylan put his arm around my shoulders.

"Hahaha... So... What are we going to do now?" Iris asked, smiling at Dylan and I.

Dylan and I backed away from each other. I cleared my throat and shrugged.

Eli then said, "Let's check out the locker rooms - it'll be safer in there -"

I cut him off quickly, "Dude! It's pitch black in there! The zombies are probably lurking in there, and besides... There might not be anyone else in there," I shook my head, and sat down on the floor.

"Amber! We should at least try!" Iris snapped. I backed away from her, and remained silent.

10:06 AM

Pretty soon, Dylan and Iris forced me to go with them to the locker rooms.

"Wait! Shouldn't we take flashlights?" I asked. Eli nodded and ran inside the class room.

About a minute passed, and Eli returned with a handful of flashlights, and threw each of us one.

"Thanks," I said to him. He nodded a second time, and we continued to walk towards the gym. We were close to pulling open the doors, until we all heard an earsplitting scream.

We all turned around quickly, and saw our old friend, Katie, running full speed towards us.

"Iris! Amber! Brittany! HELP!" Katie screamed in terror again, as a winged zombie chased her.

"HOLD ON!" I shouted out, and took Eli's gun. I aimed carefully, and managed to shoot one of the creature's wings.

"What the Hell?" I heard Eli say behind me. The zombie's wing slowly disintegrated in the air. I noticed that it had no legs whatsoever - so I ended up shooting its remaining wing.

By the time its wing dissolved - it ended up on the floor in front of me.

"Amber! Watch out!" Dylan shouted out. I looked down, and saw the zombie reaching out for my leg.

"Oh no you don't!" I jumped up and landed on the zombie's head. Black fluid came spurting out, and splattered onto my clothes and face.

I jumped on its face for a second time. I stepped away from it, and observed it. Its head looked like a deflated balloon.

I breathed heavily and walked back towards the doors. I was feeling very weak all of a sudden.

"Amber - you okay?" Dylan asked, as he held my hands.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine..." I replied weakly, "C'mon... Let's... Let's go inside already."

I walked slowly towards the handle of the door. My vision began to blur quickly.

"Amber?" I heard Dylan's voice again - except it sounded very distant. Soon, my legs gave out, and I fell on my knees.

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know."

"Amber!" i then blacked out on the floor.

1:07 PM

My eyes opened slowly, and my vision began to focus once again. I was then able to see a light shining down on me.

I shielded my eyes with my hand quickly.

"Oh good - she's okay," I heard someone sigh with relief. I turned to my left, and noticed someone's arm wrapped around me. I backed away a bit, and saw Dylan's face.

"Hi there," he said, and smiled at me. That little lip ring at the corner of his mouth made his smile even sexier, if you ask me.

"Hey," I replied, and blushed deeply as he kissed my forehead gently. I suddenly remembered something...

"Wait - what happened? Where's Alex - Iris, Eli - where are they?" I questioned Dylan, pulling away from him quickly.

I sat up, and heard heavy footsteps growing louder by the second.

"Oh my God! Thank God you're okay!" Alexandria let out a long sigh of relief, and quickly reached down to hug me. The back of my head was beginning to pulse in pain.

"Ouch... Why does my head hurt?" I massaged the temples of my head, and looked up at Alexandria, hoping to get answers.

"Well your boyfriend over there managed to save you," I heard Iris's voice. A few footsteps were heard, and Iris finally stepped into the circle of light cast around Dylan, Alexandria, and I.

"You passed out on the floor outside of the gym, and Dylan here carried you inside... He flipped out, and accidentally dropped you," Iris laughed, and I felt Dylan grow tense.

"I'm sorry for causing all that pain in your head," Dylan said to me and gave me a little squeeze.

"It's okay," I patted his cheek, "Anyways - how long was I out?"

"About two hours," Iris said, and stared at me in concern, "we were all worried about you."

"Wow..." I replied in amazement. Brittany came up from behind Iris, walked towards me, and helped me up. I thanked her, and she gave me a little nod.

"Turns out you were right - this place was filled - and I mean FILLED with zombies," Eli said out of nowhere.

"Hey - what happened to Katie?" I looked at my group of friends carefully, and didn't see Katie anywhere.

"Oh, she went to go check out the weight room for any signs of life," Eli replied, "she should be back any second."

We all heard the sound of a large door close shut.

"No one's in there... But it was scary..." I heard Katie's voice. Once she found her way into the beam of light, she looked at me and smiled.

"And by the way - we killed all the zombies with the flashlights and guns when you were still passed out," Katie said with enthusiasm.

"Oh cool," I said, and looked down at the floor. Dylan then handed me a Hershey bar. I thanked him, and looked up at the green door.

"Are you SURE that door will keep us safe?" I asked shakily.

"One hundred percent!" Katie replied, and smiled. If it's one thing I'm never going to forget about this girl, is the fact that she always gave a positive outlook on things.

Then as if on cue, the door began to rattle. I jumped back in surprise. Dylan sprung up to his feet, and stood beside me.

I quickly pulled my gun out. We all aimed our weapons towards the door.

"Amber - get behind me," Dylan whispered to me. As soon as I stepped behind him, something began to bang on the door multiple times. We each backed away slowly.

The banging had stopped, and Dylan grabbed one of the flashlights, and aimed the beam of light at the door.

The flashlight flickered... Then went out completely. I heard Dylan curse, as he hit the flashlight multiple times, in an attempt to get it to work, but to no avail.

It was dead silent in the darkness. Seconds passed... Then minutes.

"What did I tell you?" Katie yelled out. Dylan hit the flashlight one last time, and the light came back on. We all sighed in relief, until -

The door burst open, and many of the winged creatures came flying inside.

"RUN!" Eli yelled out in fear. Dylan grabbed my hand, and we both began to run to the other side of the locker rooms.

The winged creatures screeched and flew towards us.

"Iris! Get down!" Brittany shouted out. With that, Iris fell to the floor as we all started shooting the zombies down.

"Amber! Catch!" Dylan tossed a yellow flashlight in my direction. I caught it, and quickly turned it on. I aimed the light at the three zombies.

Steam began to rise from each of its massive pebbled bodies. They all began to screech again. Eli and Alexandria began to shoot at the zombies multiple times.

Brittany cried out, "Iris! Move out of the way! Hurry!"

Katie then pressed a red button that was on the wall, and a gray barrier came crashing down quickly, barricading the other side of the locker room where the zombies were.

Silence reigned upon us again, and each of us were breathing heavily. Dylan held onto me tightly.

"Is everyone okay?" Brittany asked slowly. Just then, the lights began to flicker on and off. We were then able to catch glimpses of each other - then... we all something horrible.

Everyone screamed in horror, as we saw Iris on the floor. The barrier had cut right through the center of her body, causing half of her body to be on the other side.

A puddle of blood began to slowly spread out on the floor, making an ocean of red liquid.

The lights stopped flickering, and darkness fell over us again. I heard Alexandria's screams through her hands. I started backing away from the scene slowly - more tears came pouring out of my eyes.

My two friends... They're gone...

I swallowed hard and covered my face.

1:56 PM

Thirty minutes have passed since the death of our closest friend, Iris. None of us has said a single word since the accident. Alexandria was breathing in and out of an empty bag of Skittles, like a paper bag.

Dylan and I were in the corner of the room, holding each other's hands. Dylan's arms wrapped around me was about the only comfort I have received throughout this whole thing.

Katie broke the silence by saying, "Guys... We should really get out of here now - Oh my GOD... LOOK!" She pointed her flashlight to Iris's body. We all watched, mortified, as the half of her body slowly began to disappear underneath the barrier.

"The zombies are eating her!" Alexandria screamed in terror, and began to breathe faster into the Skittles bag.

"Dude - calm down!" Brittany yelled out to Alexandria.

I laughed as the Skittles bag exploded in Alexandria's face. I heard her scream again.

"Alex! Calm the Hell down already!" Eli yelled out angrily.

"Okay, okay - I think we should REALLY get out of here. Being in here clearly isn't helping out," I said, pointing at Alexandria.

"Fine... Let's go," She said shakily.

2:13 PM

"Turn on your flashlights," Brittany said quietly. We all did as we were told and quickly made our way out of the gym.

"I don't get it... Why can't we just escape the school through the doors?" I whispered loudly.

"I tried that - it didn't work out... It's like the doors are glued shut or something..." Katie said miserably.

We stood out in the hallway.

"Um... Eli? Where are -" He cut me off.

"Band hall."

"Oh look! There's light in there!" Katie said excitedly. Alexandria sighed in relief and ran towards the doors.

"Why won't it open?" Alexandria yelled out desperately. I stepped towards the doors.

"Alex... You're supposed to PULL it, not PUSH it." We all chuckled and entered the band hall at last.

"FREEZE!" A voice cried out. I jumped up in fright and saw our friend, Sarah pointing a gun at my head.

"Oh hey, Sarah," Eli spoke out.

"Hi guys... Haha, sorry I scared you, Amber," she said with a little laugh.

Sarah gestured us to come inside. The band hall was filled with light that nearly blinded my eyes.

"Can you BELIEVE all the flashlights we found?!" Sarah said aloud.

"Huh... So THAT'S why we didn't find as many flashlights," Brittany muttered under her breath.

"Well now we know where all this light was coming from," I said, covering my eyes.

"Are you here all by yourself?" Brittany asked Sarah.

Sarah nodded her head and told us that she was here with Valerie and Julie - but both got killed brutally by the zombies.

"I'm so sorry..." Alexandria said to Sarah apologetically, "We lost Miranda and Iris... We know how you feel."

There was a long pause between us all, then Sarah finally spoke, "So yeah - I got food in case you were hungry or something."

2:28 PM

"We'll be outside the room if you need us," Dylan said aloud. Everyone nodded and continued to eat their Poptarts.

Dylan held open the door for me, and stood there with me as the metal doors closed behind us.

"Alone at last," I sighed in relief then laughed.

"Yeah, haha," he replied with another smile. We looked at each other for a split second, then we turned our attention to the doors again.

'Is he ever going to make a move?' a thought rang out.

"Hey uh, Amber?" Dylan looked down at me, with those brilliant brown eyes.

"Yes?" I replied, looking into his eyes.

"Okay - so whatever happens to us - I just want you to know that I love you... And I wouldn't be able to go on with my life if any of those things got you... I might even sacrifice myself just to be with you again," he told me while holding onto my hands.

I smiled, and blushed deeply, "I love you too, Dylan." He then wrapped me in his arms tightly.

"Oh and... One more thing," he said to me softly, pulling away from me slowly.

"What?" I asked, smiling. He focused on the door for a bit, then leaned in towards me, and our lips touched.

I wasn't able to pull away once our lips met. I kissed him back, and it was then I noticed how much he had blushed.

We continued to kiss for a few seconds more. We held onto each other tightly again, and I suddenly felt his nails dig into my back, and tensed up.

He coughed a bit. I opened up my eyes, and felt something sharp on my stomach. I looked behind him, and saw another zombie. Its big hand rested on Dylan's back.

I looked down, and saw the zombie's claw protruding from his stomach. Blood came streaming down from his white v-neck shirt, and slowly fell down to his jeans.

I closed my eyes tightly, as tears came crawling out of the corners of my eyes. I grabbed my gun, and aimed it at the zombie's head.

To my surprise, it didn't even put up a fight as I shot it. It's head burst open, and more black liquid splattered on the white concrete walls.

My hand dropped the gun, and carefully slid the claw out of Dylan's stomach. I slowly slid down the wall, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Why?" I whispered shakily to myself, and kissed the side of his head. "Why, Dylan?" I hugged him even tighter as I began to cry.

"Shh... Amber..." I felt his hand on my back suddenly, "I'm... I'm okay."

I pulled away and looked at him. His eyes were bloodshot, and his breathing was starting to slow down. I continued to cry.

"You're not okay..." I sobbed into his shoulder, and grabbed onto his other hand tightly.

"I am..." he coughed even more, and I felt the warm sensation of his blood on my shirt.

"Oh God, Dylan..." I sniffled a bit, and kissed his lips for the last time, "I love you... So much."

"I... Love you... Too, Amber..." By now, his breathing stopped...

"No... NO!" I yelled out, and began to cry some more, as I felt his body grow limp in my arms. The pressure on my hand grew loose... That's it... Dylan's gone...

2:47 PM

I sat there, with Dylan's corpse in my arms. His head rested on my shoulder, as I ran my fingers through his hair slowly. I kissed those dead lips of his for the last time, before someone burst open the door and hit my arm.

"Amber?!" Alexandria yelled out.

"Dude... Okay first of all, I'm right here... And second of all... That hurt, ouch," I said rubbing my shoulder.

"Oh sorry I hit you, haha... What - what happened to Dylan?" Alexandria kneeled down beside me, and covered her mouth.

"He's gone..." A single tear escaped my eye, as she hugged me.

"Amber... I'm so so sorry... Uh... No offense, but you should at least put him down," Alexandria replied with a flinch.

"I'm not letting him go," I said a bit too defensively.

"Amber - can we just put him inside or something?"

Alexandria finally talked me into leaving him in the band director's office, so she helped me carry Dylan back inside.

"Jesus Christ, Am... How can you manage to hold him in your arms," Alexandria complained, as she lifted his arms up.

"Just... Focus on getting him inside - or call Eli to help us!" I immediately thought.

With that, Alexandria gently dropped Dylan's body to the floor, and made her way back inside.

"Eli! Come over here... We need some help," she said in worried tone.

"Why - what happened to Am?" Eli said with concern in his voice.

"Well... When I walked out..." I heard Alexandria muttering the story to Eli. Classic Alexandria...

Moments later, Eli finally came out with Alexandria.

"Am - Alex and I will carry him in inside... You go get some rest, alright?" Eli said to me quietly.

'How do they expect me to get some rest after everything that's happened right now?' my conscious said aloud.

I shook my head rather violently to shake it away, and walked back inside the band hall with tears in my eyes.

"Amber - I'm sorry... We all heard," Sarah, Katie, and Brittany both looked over at me. I looked away to keep them from seeing my face.

Eli and Alexandria finally walked inside, carrying Dylan's dead body. The little lip ring at the corner of his mouth shimmered in the light.

I quickly ran to the band director's office, and opened the door. I jogged inside, and noticed an extremely cluttered desk at the side of the small office.

"We'll just... Have to put him over all those papers Amber! Oh Christ... He's friggin heavy," Eli heaved and walked inside the room carrying Dylan's arms.

"Alright... In 1... 2... 3!" Alexandria and Eli lifted his corpse rather quickly onto the desk. Both looked up at each other in victory, and high-fived. They panted and looked down, clearly exhausted.

"Can you two... Give me a moment?" I asked quietly and began to walk towards Dylan.

They both nodded, and stepped out of the office, leaving me behind with my boyfriend's dead corpse. I immediately began to tear up once I laid my eyes on him.

I stepped close to him, and stroked his hair. I looked down at his stomach, and saw all the blood on his shirt. I looked down at my own clothing and saw his dried up blood on my jeans.

I looked back up at his face. I was the luckiest girl in the world the day he asked me out, back in seventh grade... There were hundreds of girls in the school, and I found it shocking that he picked me out of everyone else.

"You're one in a million." He had told me that simple phrase when I asked him WHY he chose me.

Those words... I'd never forget them...

I sighed sadly, and bent down to kiss him on the forehead gently.

"I love you..." Those would be the last words I will ever say to him before I go back out to fight - and maybe even stop the outbreak...

I backed away, and slowly walked out of the cramped office. I turned back, and caught a small glimpse of those black Converse of his, before closing the door.

Everyone began to apologize to me again... This didn't seem to make me feel any better - as a matter of fact, it just got me annoyed. I ignored them, and went to sit down at the corner of the room.

I noticed a large shelf beside me, filled with various instrument cases. I looked at the bottom shelf, and noticed a shiny, bronze trumpet.

I smiled, and reached out to grab it. Holding onto the instrument, I realized that I was really going to miss this place. Nostalgia took over me, and I found myself back in seventh grade, with the same trumpet in my hands.

I continued to eye the brass instrument, until Alexandria walked up to me.

"Hey..." I said to her silently. I set the instrument back on the shelf, and looked at her.

She fixed her glasses, and spoke, "How are you dealing with all this...?"

"Besides the fact that Iris, Miranda, and my boyfriend are all dead - I'd say I'm doing pretty good," I said sarcastically and looked down at the linoleum floor, "Anyways... Dylan didn't deserve to die, Alex! It should've been ME..."

Alexandria snapped, then practically yelled out, "You don't deserve to die either! So don't go on saying that you were the one that should've died! No one here in this room - deserves to die Amber!"

Katie, Brittany, Eli, and Sarah all looked at our direction. Sarah whispered something to them, and they all went back to their conversation.

Alexandria continued to glare at me for a few seconds, before returning to our group of friends.

"Damn... We're extremely low on food already," I heard Eli say in disappointment.

"Alright - so let's all go to the -" Katie was interrupted, when a dozen zombies crashed through the walls.

I sprung up to my feet, and clearly heard Brittany curse aloud. Everyone pulled out their guns just as fast as everything happened.

"Shoot their heads off!" Eli yelled out as he took fire. Everyone did as they were told - but their heads continued to grow back, no matter how many times we shot them.

"I know what their weak spot is - AHHH!" Sarah screamed in pain, as she was thrown into one of the walls by a zombie that was four times the size of any of us.

"Shoot them where their heart is!" Sarah yelled again as the zombie began to close in on her. I couldn't do anything! I had no weapon whatsoever, so all I could do was watch, as each of my friends struggled to shoot.

The zombie fell to the floor, as Brittany shot it down at last. Black blood spread out on the white, linoleum floor.

Five more zombies entered the band hall.

"Let's just make a run for it," Alexandria cried out frightfully. Everyone nodded, and shot down whatever zombie was close enough. We were all about to escape when we heard Katie scream.

"Wait for me! Hold on -" Out of nowhere, a large zombie crashed from the right side of the room, and landed right on Katie.

Red blood splattered all over the room. Alexandria and Sarah shrieked in fright and ran towards the cafeteria.

Brittany, Eli, and I chased after them. By the time we caught up to them, they both kept saying, "Oh my God, OH MY GOD!" over and over again.

We stood outside the cafeteria, and each of us were panting from all the running. I turned around, and laid my head against a window, and closed my eyes tightly.

"Scary crap... When are we ever going to stop them...?" I heard Brittany say, gasping for breath.

I swallowed hard, and shrugged. I turned back around, and pressed my back against the window as I looked up at the ceiling.

Eli cursed out of nowhere, and took his pistol out of his pocket. I looked at him, and saw that he was pointing at something...

"Amber... Isn't that... your boyfriend?" I heard Brittany ask me. I looked straight ahead, and saw...

No... This can't be real - it CAN'T be!

I kept staring. Brittany and everyone else took a step back in shock.

"Dylan?" I shouted out. No response - just a blank expression on his face. "Dylan!" He kept the same expression, and Eli suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Amber - don't you get it? He's dead! One of the zombies must've taken over his body or something," he whispered to me.

It finally made sense to me - but my conscious kept telling me that Eli was wrong... So I began walking forward.

"Amber - no!" Alexandria cried out. I ignored her and ended up only a few yards from Dylan.

"Dylan?" I finally got a reply from him. He faced me and smiled faintly. I smiled back and said, "Dylan... I thought you were... Dead."

The next part scared me have to death. His eyes looked into mine - and in a low, demonic voice, he said, "I am."

I stepped back and watched as some gray wings began sprouting from his back. His face began peeling off, causing a pale gray head to slide back up as a replacement. Black fluid began to run down his clothing quickly.

I clenched my jaw, and grabbed my gun. The thing was... My gun wasn't there. I turned around panic-stricken, and I saw everyone quickly raise their guns.

The zombie eased its way towards me. I was paralyzed with fear, and couldn't move a single inch. It opened its mouth and some sharp teeth could have bitten my head off, if it wasn't for Alexandria, who pulled me out of the way in time.

Everyone shot the beast multiple times, and I watched, mouth open as the zombie slowly began to fall into pieces.

"Amber!" Alexandria helped me to my feet, "Come on!" She grabbed my hand, and we began to run towards the cafeteria doors.

She pushed me inside, just when she screamed in pain. I noticed blood drip down from her arm.

"Alex! W-What happened?" I pulled her inside, and sat her down on the stage. She bit her lip furiously, and I realized that she was trying to keep herself together.

She covered her arm with her hand, and I finally understood why she was in so much agony - she had been shot.

I looked around the cafeteria and saw a whole basket filled with napkins. I grabbed hold of the basket and dragged it across the floor to where Alexandria was at.

I took a handful of the white napkins, and wrapped them around her gunshot wound as a makeshift tourniquet. I removed my rubber bands from my wrists, and tied them around her arm to make the napkins stay in place.

Pretty soon, Eli and Brittany came inside, followed by Sarah.

"I'm so sorry, Alex! I didn't see you!" Sarah cried out. Alexandria nodded and kept her hand on the napkins, which were slowly absorbing the blood.

"All the doors are closed... Amber, can you make something to eat?" Eli asked, rubbing his stomach.

"Ugh, fine... Sarah - can you help me?" I asked. She looked at me with sweat on her face, and she replied with a happy 'yes'.

3:25 PM

"Do you have an extra rubber band or something I can borrow?" I asked Sarah while wiping my face.

She nodded and handed me a small scrunchie. I thanked her, and put my hair up in a ponytail.

"Food almost done?" Eli asked impatiently.

"Gee, I don't know - it's kinda hard to see in the dark," Sarah said angrily. He rolled his eyes, and threw a flashlight at us.

"Thank you." Sarah said. I looked inside the kitchen and noticed a whole box filled with sharp silverware. Sarah shone the flashlight over it, and we both saw a bunch of knives.

"Epic," I said smiling. She laughed, and we continued to look around. We walked deeper into the kitchen, and saw a small refrigerator at the corner.

We both ran towards it, and opened it. A large quantity of ham and cheese sandwiches, wrapped in plastic were all inside the shelves of the fridge. Sarah held the flashlight tightly, as we each grabbed a few sandwiches.

"Come on, let's get out of here... This place is giving me the creeps," Sarah said at last. I nodded in agreement, as we walked out of this part of the kitchen.

"AH!" I screamed, as I tripped over something, and dropped some of the food to the red, tiled floor.

"Amber! You okay?" Sarah asked me, and shone the light down on me.

"Yeah... I just tripped on something," I rubbed my knee, and picked up the wrapped food. I quickly noticed something...

"Sarah... Can you move the light a bit... I wanna see what made me trip," I asked her with a bit of fear in my voice. She nodded, and slowly moved the light.

"Oh God..." I said, covering my mouth. Sarah gasped, and backed away quickly, as soon as we found out what caused my fall.

On the floor, was a dead cafeteria worker. Blood was all over the woman's face, and a few knives were poking out of her back.

"L-Let's just get out of here!" I said quickly, and we both ran out of the kitchen.

When we finally made it back to the cafeteria, we gave everyone a sandwich.

Eli threw his fist up in the air, and said, "Yay!"

3:41 PM

"So how you doing?" I asked Alexandria with worry.

"It still hurts... But thanks," She replied to me. I nodded, and took out my remaining bag of Skittles. I offered Alexandria some, and gladly accepted.

I happily ate the treats, but stopped abruptly as some winged zombies came crashing through the doors.

"What's the deal with these flying zombies?!" I cried out as two more winged zombies came crashing through the stage.

Sarah and Eli began to run, until one of the zombies crash-landed on Sarah. She cried out in agony, as the zombie bit deep into her leg with its sharp teeth. Scarlet blood poured out onto the floor as it's tooth went straight through her thigh.

Eli finally shot its head, which exploded on Sarah. Ebony fluid splattered onto their faces.

"Amber! Look out!" Alexandria shouted out at me. I turned my attention to something behind me, and noticed a zombie that had to be at least ten feet tall. It had no eyes whatsoever, but it had large rusty red teeth that seemed to protrude from its mouth.

Alexandria threw her pistol at me. I managed to catch it, and shot the zombie in the chest. I attempted to shoot again, but the gun was out of ammo. I cursed under my breath, and began to take a few steps back, when suddenly a knife was thrown and landed perfectly on the zombie's head.

I looked to my left and saw Alexandria with the box of knives in her hands. She threw even more knives at the zombie. Black fluids came streaming down from its head.

The winged zombie that was attacking Sarah flew up and crashed into the kitchen. Large chunks of concrete flew in every direction, until the kitchen ignited almost at once.

"Oh, crap," I said loudly. I saw Alexandria run towards me quickly. I turned around, only to see Eli dragging Sarah away from the fire.

"Amber! Help us!" Eli cried out to me, as the fire grew larger. I sprinted towards them, and helped drag Sarah to safety.

I heard a high-pitched scream.

"Amber!" I looked back and saw a winged zombie holding onto Alexandria's arms. It slowly began to flap its wings.

Eli looked horrorstruck as the zombie made its way towards the flames. He grabbed his pistol, and aimed it at the zombie's wings. As he shot it, the zombie let go of Alexandria, who fell into the fire.

Shrieks of pain were heard from inside the kitchen.

"NO!" I yelled out in terror. Eli through a fire extinguisher at me, and told me to try to put out the fire with him.

3:59 PM

By the time the fire put out, it already too late. In the middle of the kitchen was Alexandria's burnt corpse. The sight of it was horrifying... Then, I remembered something.

"Eli - where's Brittany?!" he looked up at me shocked, then we both ran out of the kitchen quickly.

"Brittany!" I yelled out shakily. "Brittany - where are you?!" We then both went inside the stage with our flashlights, and sure enough, she was there.

She was lying on the floor, motionless, when we shined the light on her.

"Brittany? What happened?" Eli asked loudly. There was silence for about a minute, when she suddenly clutched onto her leg.

"Oh crap..." A bone was popping out of the side of her leg. Dry blood was spread out on the floor below her. Her leg was broken - there was no chance of her surviving...

"The z-zombie s-s-stepped on m-my leg," she stammered. A few tears ran down her face as she talked. Eli handed me his gun and told me he was going to be with Sarah for a while. I nodded and sat down next to Brittany.

"Y-You guys s-should just leave me... H-Here," Brittany said, while covering her face with one hand.

"I'm not going to leave you here alone. I've lost a lot of my friends already - I'm not going to lose another," I replied, wiping the beads of sweat away from my face.

She nodded slowly in agreement, and we both heard a sudden noise in the background. I looked around, and saw nothing but darkness around us. I held up the flashlight, and slowly shone the flashlight around the stage.

I didn't see anything, except for one of those plastic plants they put around the school for 'decoration'.

Brittany looked around the stage with paranoia written all over her face.

"What..." A small droplet of black fluid came falling from the ceiling. I stared at the small splatter, and slowly aimed the flashlight upwards.

Brittany and I both stared horrorstruck at the winged zombie perched on one of the metal beams above us. It stared at us with milky white eyes, and emitted a deep growl.

"Crap..." I fumbled for the pistol Eli had given me a few short moments ago, but couldn't find it. Brittany began to shake in fear as she eyed the hideous beast.

It then swooped down, and landed right in front of Brittany. She yelped in pain, as the zombie grabbed hold of her broken leg.

I gasped, as the deadly creature began clawing at her face with long sharp claws.

Once I was able to finally grab hold of the gun, Brittany was screaming for her life. The zombie bit deep into her arm, and scarlet red blood came pouring out of her.

I aimed the gun at the zombie, and fired - missing it's heart by mere inches and ended up shooting its shoulder.

"No!" I yelled out as the zombie began ripping Brittany's face to shreds. Blood splattered onto my face and clothes, as the zombie stabbed Brittany in the chest.

She choked for breath, and stared straight up at the ceiling. The zombie quickly retracted its claw from her chest, and stabbed her once again in the stomach.

A small gurgled scream came out from her mouth as blood slowly began to drip down from the corners of her mouth.

I pulled the trigger again - no use. The gun was jammed. I hit the gun multiple times with my fist, and watched as the flesh consuming beast was ripping chunks of flesh from Brittany's body.

My eyes began to water, and my attempts of getting the gun to work were doubled. I slammed the pistol against the floor, brought it back up, and finally shot the zombie's head off.

It's decapitated body fell backwards, and a massive puddle of dark liquid came streaming out of its neck.

I dropped the gun, and sank to my knees beside the remains of Brittany. My three best friends... Gone. I sat there and cried.

My eyes began to slowly burn up by the tears I had just created. I wiped the tears away, and opened my eyes. I looked over at Brittany's face, which was slashed open. Three gashes went across her entire face, and two extra ones were going horizontally on her head, causing one of her eyes to fall out.

I couldn't take the sight anymore, so I got up and walked out of the stage. Eli and Sarah both stared at me with worry on their faces.

"We heard some gunshots... I was going to check was going on... But it seemed to us that you had everything covered... But, are you okay," Eli asked.

Shaking my head, I said, "Brittany isn't." I began to cry again, and fell on my knees.

Of course, both of them knew very well not to lay a finger on me at times like this, so Eli turned away and began to converse with Sarah.

4:11 PM

I finally pulled myself together, and said, "Alright... Let's go."

I helped Eli lift Sarah to her feet.

"I can go by myself," Sarah said happily. We both released our grip on her, and watched as she limped her way towards the doors.

"We don't have anywhere else to -"

I was cut off by Eli, who announced, "Actually, we can try to find the power supply to turn the lights back on. That way all the zombies would die... Question is..."

"Where's the power supply," Sarah responded. Eli gave her a thumbs-up.

"Exactly. But where should we go first," Eli looked at me, hoping to get something out of me.

"Some place where the A.C is at...? In there?" I pointed at the storage room that was in front of us.

"Ha - that'll be easy," Sarah exclaimed. As Eli pushed open the door, I realized that it was going to be the complete opposite.

"I didn't know the school had an attic..." Sarah whispered to Eli.

"That's because they don't... These zombies are smarter than I thought. They somehow knew we would try to turn the lights back on. So, they moved the power up there," Eli said, pointing up at the large gaping hole at the ceiling of the room.

"And we really need to destroy these zombies - it's getting dark outside," I replied.

"Sarah - you'll have to stay here - Amber and I will figure out where exactly the zombies moved the power supply."

I looked over at Sarah, who stared at us, mortified, "W-Why do I have to stay down here?!"

"Because of your leg, you can barely even walk!" Eli shouted out. Sarah cursed at him, and moved backwards so her back was touching the vending machine.

Eli and I were making sure our guns were all loaded. We both stuffed some ammo into our front pockets, when we suddenly heard Sarah scream.

We both turned around and saw Sarah grabbing hold of the corner of the wall. I noticed some sort of black tentacle wrapped around her waist.

"Eli! Amber! HELP ME!" Sarah cried out in pain, as the thing began to pull. Eli ran over to her aid, and attempted to pull Sarah away from the creature's grasp.

I loaded my gun and tried to shoot - but the gun was jammed again. I cursed, and threw the gun aside. I quickly grabbed hold of Eli's pistol, and aimed it at the tentacle.

I finally pulled the trigger, but ended up shooting Sarah's arm by mistake. Small droplets of blood came dripping down from her arm as she shrieked in pain.

"Crap!" I shouted out and took a second aim at the tentacle. I was positive that this time I was going to save a friend for once! I licked my lips, and was about to shoot, until Eli lost his grip on her hand.

Sarah screamed as the creature dragged her into a large hole that was made inside the floor of the girls' restrooms. We both sprinted towards it, and saw nothing but pitch blackness.

The hole reminded me of a well - dark, and endless.

We both heard her screams from the gaping hole, which sounded distant. A few seconds passed and her cries for help faded away. Eli and I were breathing heavily, and we just couldn't keep our eyes away from the hole.

"What... What WAS that thing?" I questioned, frightened.

"I don't know..." Eli shrugged, and pulled my arm. We both exited the restroom quickly, and grabbed hold of the gate that closed the entrance to the restrooms.

My heart was racing, and I then ran to the doors that led outside. No matter how hard I pulled or pushed them - they wouldn't open. As a result, I began kicking the doors as hard as I could.

"Amber! Calm down!" Eli grabbed my arms, and pushed me to the floor with a surprisingly amount of strength, "Just stay calm..."

I heard him curse under his breath, and he then sat on my back, "I'm not getting off until you chill out!"

A wave of boiling hot anger swam over me, and I sprung up to my feet, causing Eli to fly off of me. He fell to the floor, and stared at me, terrified.

"You expect me to 'chill out'? CHILL OUT?! REALLY? My four best friends - are dead. My BOYFRIEND is dead! The rest of my friends are DEAD! Dead, dead, DEAD! And you expect me to 'CHILL OUT'?" I didn't feel anything but hatred towards Eli. I couldn't understand why, though.

He looked at me, and resembled a puppy that had just been kicked. He looked absolutely hurt... All because of what I just said. I turned around, and punched the glass on the door. To my utter surprise, the glass cracked.

It was completely silent after that outburst.

"I'm sorry..." I finally said, staring at the outside world through the cracked window.

No response... At least for a few seconds.

"Let's end this, now," I heard Eli said with a strong voice, that I have never heard before. I smiled at last, and looked at his reflection.

"Let's kill some zombies," I grinned.

4:37 PM

We both grabbed our flashlights and pistols and finally decided to go up to the ceiling.

"Turn on your flashlight now," Eli whispered to me. i did what we said, and aimed the light at the hold in the ceiling.

I gulped, then grabbed hold on each side of the hole, and pulled myself up. My head hit the roof of the school as soon as I stood up.

I shone the light in front of me, and saw nothing but a wooden frame in every direction.

"Eli? Come on, I'm up already - and be careful when you stand up," I said in a low voice.

He climbed up from behind me, and turned his flashlight on. It seemed as if everywhere I shone the light, there was nothing but a wooden frame.

"Amber, there are some wires here," Eli pointed a finger at something in front of me, "look."

I backed away slowly, and pointed the flashlight at the area Eli had been talking about. Sure enough, there was a trail of four multicolored cords.

"Which one are we supposed to follow?" I asked Eli with uncertainty. I looked over at him and noticed that he was taken aback with my question.

"I uh... Well... They're all tied together with some sort of white tape. So we should just follow them through that hole... There..." Eli stuck his head inside a hole and whistled. "It's pitch black in there!"

"Use your flashlight, Eli... Duh." I aimed the flashlight at the gaping hole in front of us. Small pieces of broken wood was dangling from the ceiling, as we approached the entrance of the unknown.

We continued to follow the wires, and found ourselves in front of another hole.

"The cords are in here... Come on," Eli said shakily, and crawled backwards slowly.

"C'mon Eli! Be a man," I said jokingly and nudged his side with my elbow.

I heard him swallow, and he finally began to lead the way again.

I grabbed my gun as soon as I heard something move in the background.

"Am! We found it," Eli said happily. He sighed his happiness away. "But the wire is ripped..."

He held up half of a black wire in one hand and asked if I could piece them back together, for his hands were shaking.

I placed my flashlight on the ground gently, and carefully attempted to tie the wires together. This task was near impossible considering the fact that my hands were trembling.

I cursed under my breath as my flashlight turned off, "Eli - can you turn your flashlight over here?"

He did as I asked, and aimed the light to where I held wires.

"Ouch," I yelped as one of the wire emitted a burst of static electricity.

"You almost got it," Eli said with faith in his voice. I grabbed the ends of the two wires and finally tied them together. A few golden yellow sparks flew, after they were tied.

I sighed in relief and slowly began to laugh.

My laughter soon came to an abrupt halt to the sound of Eli coughing.

"Hey... Are you okay?" I grabbed his flashlight in my hand and shone the light over him. I recoiled at the sight of him coughing up blood.

His glasses fell off as he coughed. Blood began to pour out of his mouth. He lifted his hand and pointed at his throat. He then gripped his stomach with both hands.

Eli began to cough up another storm. His face was now a deep purple. He continued his hacking, and he suddenly stopped.

The color of his skin slowly began to come back. He looked up at me.

"Are... You alright?" I questioned him with a frightened tone.

"Yeah I -" His sentence was cut short when he began to choke. I sat there, horrified by what was happening. I then smacked Eli's back... But regretted my choice of action when the worst thing imaginable happened.

His HEART fell out of his mouth and onto the floor with a 'plop'. Blood splattered onto my face and on every corner of the wooden frames.

I looked at Eli who fell forward onto his stomach. Blood slowly began to spread out across the floor.

I closed my eyes and let my tears escape.

'Amber, it's not real... This didn't happen!" My conscious said to me loudly. I opened my eyes again. I looked down at Eli's body, which lay motionless. I choked back my sobs, but watched as something was rising up from his back.

I looked closely and a claw tore its way through his skin.

"Oh God..." I covered my mouth. My eyes wandered around the small space, desperately searching for the wires.

Once I found them, I quickly followed them back before the monster could even come crawling out of Eli.

I looked around and spotted the power supply. Without warning, I flipped the switch. Screeches were heard from inside and outside of the "room" I was in.

I knew right away that I stopped the deadly zombie apocalypse.

5:08 PM

I finally found my way out of the trapped space I was in. By the time my feet touched the solid floor, I was feeling weak from my arms and legs.

I took one last look at the cafeteria.

Everything began to replay... I could see myself trying to shoot the tentacle that was grabbing Sarah... Faint voices could be heard.

"Crap!" I heard myself shout out as I shot Sarah's arm. Very slowly, i could see the three of us slowly fade away from sight.

I walked down the hallway, and stopped dead in front of the doors to the band hall, which had actually been demolished.

I saw myself with Dylan in my arms, crying. I pushed that horrible memory away...

I looked inside of the spacious room and saw Katie, "Wait for me! Hold on -" She was never able to finish her sentence... A huge zombie crashed into her... They all began to fade away once again.

I went back to the doors of the school that were located near the cafeteria. I raised up my gun and shot the windows.

They all shattered into a million pieces. I carefully slipped out from the window and stepped outside at last. The cool January air hit my face.

I began to hear familiar voices outside. I realized that another one of my memories was playing. I looked to my right, and saw myself standing next to Iris.

"The last day of our seventh grade year..." I said quietly. I looked at the ghostly images of Iris and I... Standing together -

"Um... I kinda want you to have this," my ghostly self said, handing Iris a paper.

"Okay - well I got to go - bye, Amber. I'll see you next year!" She hugged me tightly and walked to where her bus was at... And we both faded away.

I raised my gun and placed it at the temple of my head.

'This is the only way to see you'll see your friends again, Amber... The only way,' I thought to myself.

My finger found the trigger and pulled it. The last thing I heard was the sound of the loud gunshot, piercing the silence...

----

My alarm rang. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"What the HELL was that about...?" I said aloud, thinking about the dream I just had. I shrugged it off and changed my clothing to go to school.

----

"Mom! I don't have time! I have - to go!" I yelled out as she attempted to fix my hair. She continued to cry out, "Hold still!" over and over again. I eventually broke free from her grasp.

"I'll fix it later, God..." I watched, as the black Altima began to drive away into the thick fog. I sighed, and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

I was about to go inside the school, but I stopped dead in my tracks instead.

"Weird..." I said, only because all that happened in my dream. I shrugged it off, and entered the school.

I looked up, only to see the assistant principal approaching me... He had the same outfit on from my dream.

'Okay, this is getting creepy!' A thought rang out in my head.

"Hey - it's 7:15 already. Go get a tardy slip," he said with a bit of annoyance in his voice, and pointed at the attendance office.

I walked in front of the large wooden doors, and pulled them open... Only to be greeted with a foul stench... And a long, smeared trail of blood on the floor.

"Oh God..." Paranoia slowly began to take over... My dream was coming true...

-/-THE END-\-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957K 84.2K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
93.6K 2.9K 30
[ONGOING ๐Ÿ”ž] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
1.1M 60.8K 39
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...