Black Glitter *Completed*

By CelticGlambert1216

When Phoenix Barrow becomes best friends with glam pop star, Adam Lambert, it was all she could have asked fo... More

Intro
Feels Like Yesterday
Crashing Down
Broken English
Just a Kiss Goodnight
If I Have To
Losing You
Not Ever.
Heart to Heart
Another Lonely Night
Wildest Moments
So Am I
Bottom of the Bottle Hits
NOT AN UPDATE
This Aching Heart Ain't Broken Yet
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Can't Go Home Like This
Who's To Blame?
Always For You
First Date
This Burning Desire
You'll Be Begging
Third Wheel
Master Of Both
Caught Off Guard
Your Love Is a Crime
Keep A Secret
College Again?
Have I Changed?
Make-Out With Me Already
Rakastan
*MINOR UPDATE*
I'd Be Honored
Our Debut Was A Masterpiece
I Do It For Her
Only The Beginning
Here's To Us
Positively...Evil
I Want Your Hex
Chocolate
Happy With You
Heartbeat
*QUICK UPDATE*
Like An Animal
On The Rocks
Never Let You Go
Lipgloss
Sneak Peek or...
Questions
*UPDATE-CONTEST(?)*
If I'd Known...
*TOTALLY OFF TOPIC*
Marrying You?!
*Just a Random Note..*
A Lot Less Shirt...
Let's Talk About Us
Lions
Call Me Back...
Just Our Friend
You Know Why I Did
*I Wrote It...*
Play It Cool
Again. And Again.
Afterglow
Snow
Always a Mystery
Birthday Surprises
Fame and Fortune
Lost The Nerve
When We First Met
I'm The Sky
He Was Right There...
Spindrift
*ANNOUNCEMENT*
*ANNOUNCEMENT pt 2*
Love and Hate
An Angel in the Morning
*SPOTIFY*
Too Much Faith
What I've Done For You
Sweet Prince
You're My Gift
Wish We Were Normal
*SOME UPDATES!*
King and Queen
*:'(*
Mi manchi
Jet-Setting Home
Anything For You
*Sorry!*
The Call
See You Soon
My Boyfriend, Adam...Lambert.
When The End Came
Are You...
Down With the King
Just...Adam.
So Much It Hurts
I Don't Remember...
Wasn't An Accident
Bad Dream
Never Forget That
Alone Again
The Night Before Christmas
New Addition
A Little Fun
Panic
The End of Us
Notes+Love
Epilogue

55th Floor

435 14 6
By CelticGlambert1216

We passed Jaron and Evan who were standing guard by our private elevator. Adam told them to stay where they were, since we would be coming back up before he had to leave for his show

"How about Alizé?" Adam suggested while we were in the elevator. "It's this French place over in the Ivory Tower. And it's been rated the most romantic restaurant in Vegas multiple times."

"Okay," I said, slipping my hand into his. The elevator dinged open and heads turned our way, (probably more interested in who was coming from the penthouse more than actually recognizing us,) and for once I wasn't shy. I smiled and flirted, absolutely enthralled with my boyfriend and eager to show him off.

Adam had pulled out his phone to answer a text then quickly pocketed it without a word.

We walked over to the Ivory instead of taking the Maybach, and it was luckily cooling off as the sun began to set. Now it was my turn for some selfies. Adam pulled off a flawless pouty face, looking as perfect as ever. I actually didn't look too bad either. I snapped a few more pics at the surrounding buildings, as well as a few awesome sports cars, then posted them on-line.

"The Glambert's will appreciate that." I said.

"That, or they'll want to rip you apart from jealously." Adam snickered. I elbowed him.

"Be nice! Although I guess if I didn't know you personally and was just a fan I'd probably die a little."

We entered the Ivory Tower and took the elevator up to the 55th floor, just a floor below the famous Ghostbar. I knew Adam wouldn't be leaving Vegas without getting a drink from there first.

"A, we don't have reservations," I whispered.

"We don't need them. Friends in high places, remember?"

After a few words with the maitre-de and a scan of our room card, we were brought to a secluded table set a bit apart from the rest of the diners. Adam pulled out my chair for me and pushed it in. I always got worried when guys did that, mostly because I was terrified of sitting and missing the chair or some horrible thing like that, but there was no catastrophe, thank goodness. Adam's manners and suave charisma never failed to amaze me. But then again, I knew his family well and his parents would never had let him skimp out on etiquette, whether he was a glam rock star who dated guys or not.

The waiter, dressed in a tux, took our orders. Adam ordered a white wine and I had some sort of non-alcoholic spritzer along with my water.

With one look at the menu, I was lost.

"Uh. Where are the pictures?" I asked, letting out a breath.

Adam grinned. "Sorry, babe. I think I can figure this out... I went to a lot French and Finish places with S-" He stopped, sucking in his cheeks before starting again. "Um, if not you can just ask. Or Google it."

I nodded but said nothing else. It didn't bother me that he was about to say "Sauli," after all, Sauli had been my friend too. If he was avoiding it because it was painful, then I could totally understand, but if it was for my sake, it kind of annoyed me. It made me feel like we were having an affair.

After the awkward tension was gone, I asked Adam what the Foie Gras Terrine was: Smoked duck & artichoke crepe, orange marmalade, candied pecans, and basil. That sounded pretty dang good, and I'd never had duck before, so I decided on that.

He ordered the Roasted Abalone Mushroom, which had garlic pastina galette, mango confiture, and Tamarind glaze. He was still on his vegetarian kick.

While we waited for our food, Adam had his head bowed, finger tracing the stem of his glass. Watching him was hypnotizing in of itself. His eyes were clear blue skies that had a hint of storm clouds rolling in on the horizon, he left his lips parted; still stained pink and with a hint of shimmer from my lip-gloss. It was almost kinda funny to see him so dressed up but with his tattoos still visible. He was a rock star from the inside out, but he was so much more than that- so much more than anyone could ever imagine. Few knew him the way I did and few ever would, and it was mostly because Adam had shut down over the past few months. He trusted so easily, opened up and bled his heart out to many- too many who abused his trust and used his secrets against him. Part of me was sad that he'd had to learn to shut down and trust less, but then again it was an important trait he needed to have. It was good to trust and let people in, but you needed to know when someone wasn't worth it.

"What?"

I pulled myself back to the present, realizing that I'd been leaning in closer and closer to him across the table. Adam wasn't looking at me, his eyes were still downcast, and he had his forearm between his body and the table. His voice was very low and soft, almost flirtatious.

"Um, nothing. I was just thinking. About you."

"I could tell. And what racy thoughts were you thinking?"

With a chuckle, I sat back and daintily crossed my ankles. "None, you animal. I was just...looking at you. Thinking about how complicated you are." It was my turn to look down. I wasn't good at expressing that kind of thing- about the deep things I learned and saw in people. Adam was, however. He reached over and took my hand in his.

"Am I really that complicated?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, yeah. To yourself you may seem simple, but to me-to others- you're a mystery. The real you, not the fan-fiction you."

He covered his mouth with his hand, snickering. "T-the fan fiction me? Wow, Nix. You know a lot about that?"

"Well, I need to keep an eye on the ones who are starting to know too much."

Our food arrived just then, and I placed my napkin in my lap, smiling politely at the waiter. I noticed, again, Adam's subtle manners and I wondered if he realized just how sexy it was.

He waited to even pick up his fork until I was settled, and he then began to carefully spear a cherry tomato with his fork. A thought occurred to me and I almost groaned.

"Adam, I'm sorry! I should have ordered something without meat." I said, pausing before cutting up my duck.

"Oh, Nix, come on. You know it's fine. Besides, you've never had duck before. I want you to have whatever you want."

My first bite was amazing, and judging by Adam's expression so was his.

"Do you think it would be totally tacky to Instagram this?" I asked quietly. A sly look crept over his fair features.

"Not if I do it too. We'll just be discreet about it."

I slipped my phone out of my bag and rested it on the the table so that just the camera was visible over the top. I clicked a few pictures and then checked them. Our shiny plates and glasses caught the light perfectly, and Adam's wrist tattoos were in the shot as well, his black nail polish standing out against the crystal and glass.

He took a few pics as well and we posted them. I added a heart face to mine, smirking up at Adam.

We ate in a comfortable silence before speaking again.

"So, this is going to sound horrible that I was so caught up in everything, but where's the band?" I asked.

Adam took a sip from his wine. "They're in a different hotel. They'll probably head back home tomorrow while we're still chilling."

"Ha. Can you imagine how crazy this could get if TJ was here?"

"Oh lord. I have feeling we'd get arrested at some point." Adam chuckled.

"Most likely. His birthday is coming up soon...we need to plan something for him."

"Definitely. I'll try and be sneaky to find out what he wants to do."

I let my eyes wander around the room. So far, I didn't see any well known people, but a few were looking in our direction and whispering. I consciously sat up straighter.

All too soon, we'd finished our meal and Adam caught the eye of the waiter (which wasn't hard since most of the staff had spent at least 10 seconds apiece staring at him.)

When the waiter arrived he handed Adam a slip of paper, which he read over before nodding at the waiter and signing his name at the bottom. The waiter retreated and Adam stood up.

I copied him and grabbed my purse. "What was that about?"

"Our meals are on the house as long as I preform "Another Lonely Night" tomorrow. One song, all the free food we want."

I linked my arm through his. "Wow. I gotta meet more influential people."

"Don't worry; you will." He said with a wink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 621 47
When Zora, Naya's long-term best friend and crush, starts showing an interest in her twin brother, Avi, she's forced to face her biggest fear. She wi...
1.9K 110 39
Have you ever had a crush on your best friend? Well Ada did. Well, she does. This could lead to issues. Especially when her other best friend starts...
2.7K 64 21
I have been growing feelings for my friend Adam, but he was dating my best friend. As time went on I started to be friends with rock stars! What ever...
3.3K 167 40
"Maybe we should take a break!" I said. "It's probably best for both of us!" replied Sauli. "I hope it will comes a day when we can be together agai...