Letting Love

By dream_outlouddd

Letting Love, Letting Love run its course, and go its own way without any interruption. Which way will it lea... More

Untitiled Part 1
Untitled Part Two
Untitled Part Three
Untitled Part Five
Untiltled Part Six
Untitled Part Seven
Untitled Part Eight
Untitled Part Nine
Untitled Part Ten
Untitled Part Eleven
Untitled Part Twelve
Untitled Part Thirteen
Untitled Part Fourteen
Untitled Part Fifteen
Untitled Part Sixteen

Untitled Part Four

3K 253 66
By dream_outlouddd

A'taya's POV

"It would be my ex to go and look insanely handsome after we break up." I huffed.

"Maybe y'all should talk." Aniya suggested and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I would honestly be lying if I said I was over the situation." I said.

"More so a reason y'all should talk it out." She pointed out.

"I dont know." I shrugged.

"Oh come on Tay, you love that man." She said.

"You're right I do." I said as I found him again with my eyes. He was standing at the bar across from us.

"What would you lose talking to him?" She asked and I nodded.

I swallowed my spit and stood up deciding to be courageous. I drank a little of my pineapple juice, orange and cranberry juice with a little Sprite mix and decided to walk over to him.

Just as I was about to walk over, a girl came over putting her arms around him. He turned towards her and smiled before embracing her.

Immediately I felt my heart clench. Yes, he could hug whoever he wanted without having relationship with them but she, she had a look in her eyes. Like she wanted him and from that, I decided not to be as bold as I had thought just moments ago.

I turned towards my sister and balled my fists up tightly deciding  to throw caution to the wind. I walked right up to Robert and the girl.

"Excuse me." I said as she giggled flirtatiously.

She looked over at me and I swallowed my spit quickly.

She smiled and I smiled back.

"Hi, can I borrow him really quickly?" I asked tugging at his arm and she smiled.

"It's up to him." she said and he looked at his watch.

Before he could say anything else, I decided to speak up. "I need you." I said turning back towards Reginald.

He looked stunned, but quickly whisked me over to a private spot, not even excusing himself. From what looks were telling me she wasn't happy, and her high, erect posture was gone.

"Hey." I breathed.

He looked into my eyes and then over my body. "Hey."

"I-um." I stammered. "I don't know why I needed you." I said nervously.

I should have had what I was gonna say ready but I didn't.

He smirked and instead of saying anything, he kissed my lips. He kissed me softly, and the passion wasn't far behind. His fresh,minty breath tinkling down my back caused my spine to tingle.

"I missed you too." He said. "A'taya I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I said and kissed him again.

It felt good to be back in this mans arms. To embrace him again, to feel close to him again.

I said to my sister telling her what happened that night when I left with Reginald.

"Yeah, and so what happened!" She squealed anxiously.

I sighed. "Nothing. After that night, I left. I looked at him, with so much love in my eyes. It only reminded me of how much he hurt me. Karen, I'm scared to let him in again. Im scared to allow him to say and think that he loves me because all I-" I sighed getting emotional again.

She engulfed me in a motherly hug and I sighed.

"Listen, I know how you feel. Just give yourself time. If he's right for you, he will be in your life and if not." She shrugged. "You'll find someone else."

I pondered on finding someone else. I don't know that right now Reginald and I are good for each other and I love him but I can't risk my heart again. He's the only man I want, but for some reason I feel like I need to hold off on him and I.

Reginald's POV

"So you just gon hog the machine." Someone said snatching my head phone out as I did my last pull up in my set.

I turned around, letting go of the bar and smiled looking at my brother.

"My boy!" I said siting down with him.

"What's up?" He asked dapping me up.

"Nothing, I'm cooling. What's good with you?" I asked Rick.

"I'm doing good." He nodded. "You?" He asked.

I looked at him closely and chuckled a bit. "If you want to say something say it."

Rick was the one man I could read like the back of my hand and he never came to the gym yet alone the one twenty minutes away from his house just to use the elliptical.

He shook his head. "Alright, what's good with you and A'taya?" He asked.

I sucked my teeth. "At this point man nothing. Every time you turn around its something new. She told me she need me, we go home together and it's straight like old times and then the next morning she leaves boom, I haven't seen her since."

"Did you reach out?"

"Of course I did. She just don't want to deal with me, but if that's the case why bother in the first place.

He scoffed at me and shook his head.

"Say what you got to say."

He gripped the water bottle in his hand. "You sure?"

"I said it." I nodded and he nodded. "Fine, your ass is lazy. You don't want to work for shit and apart of me can't even blame all of it on you because A'taya just lets your ass do it."

"What you mean lazy?"

"Just what I said. You are lazy, you dont want to do nothing. Work for her. Calling her is nothing. If this is who you told me a few months ago you planned to propose to at my wedding then work for her. Act like you see your wife leaving you."

"I'm trying man"

"You're not. A'taya, is the strongest and by far the best woman relationship wise to ever come by your life. She's stood by you when you were sick with disease and could have died. She didn't leave you, she stuck by you." He explained.

"She don't want to be with me and I ain't begging nobody."

"Shut your dumb ass up." He said smacking the back of my head. "Nigga ain't you supposed to be wiser?"

I sucked my teeth. "Lazy ass." He told me. "You keep forgetting throughout all of this she's been trying and waiting for your ugly ass and when you got better you left her."

"You don't understand-"

"And neither do I care to understand. All I know is, your ass was wrong. Either way you slice or dice this shit. You wrong bro. Understand that she ain't waiting on your ass forever. That's an independent, amazing, strong black woman and one day the woman who you said to me months before my wedding you were gonna propose to, the woman who's hand you wanted and the woman who you want to share your last name and love on for the rest of your life will walk out your life as a lover permanently and the only thing you won't be able to say is that I didn't warn you." He told me before getting up and walking out. I stood up and tossed the small crate over aggravated with having no sense of guidance.

Is this something I wanna fix? Hell is it something I can fix?

~~~

Hey y'all!

How you guys feel

Reginald? What's up with him?

What's going on with A'taya?

Why she holding back?

What's up with Rick.

Wait, Reginald was gonna propose at Karen and Ricks wedding?

The plot thickens...

Comments must be 30+ for the next update

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.7K 44
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
155K 4.1K 37
it is (the continuation) of the Wattpad of Shadowmonarch325 because I really like the concept with now all the school of oreigaru QQ Cote ... as well...
150K 3.4K 60
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad