CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE [...

By azulantux

❝THE STARS DIDN'T CHANGE, BUT YOU DID.❞ The stars reminded Athena of many things: the way her sister'... More

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE; SEASON TWO
[01]: GOLDEN BLOOD
[02]: WHITE SHEETS
[03]: ATMOSPHERE
[04]: BETWEEN THE FENCE
[05]: ALCOHOLIC ADVENTURE APPARENTLY
[06]: DUMPSTER DIVING
[07]: A WORLD ALONE
[08]: THE OTHER LEE
[09]: STAINED STEEL
[10]: DRIBBLING LIPS
[11]: START WHERE THEY BEGIN
[12]: HIGHER THAN THE SUN
[13]: DARKENED NIGHTS
[14]: INVINCIBILITY
PART TWO; REMEMBERANCE
[15]: CANNED PINEAPPLES
[16]: LOST MEMORIES
[17]: AN OLD FRIEND
[18]: A PLACE TO GROW OLD
[19]: LEG LESS
[20]: SURPRISE
[21]: THIRD TIMES THE CHARM
[23]: DROWN OUT THE NOISE
[24]: OUTLINES OF SILVER
[25]: A PURPOSE
[26]: UNRAVELED
[27]: GASOLINE
[28]: CONSTELLATION
PART THREE; CASTED
[29]: REPLICATION
[30]: A DREAM
[31]: A BOND THAT CANT BE BROKEN
[32]: BARE BODIES AND HIGH WATERS
[33]: A MESS OF THINGS
[34]: FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU
[35]: OUTBREAK
update

[22]: HOLD ONTO ME

6.1K 229 55
By azulantux

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO;
[ HOLD ONTO ME ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Athena was done crying.

She didn't have enough tears left in her to do so anymore. Her face was stained and red with evidence from everything that had just happened, and in all honesty, Athena felt completely out of it.

She handed Carl the child as she stood next to Daryl, his hand on her lower back as she shook violently. Athena was never the one who cried and showed weakness easily, but after Lori, it was like every single wall she had put up came crashing down.

She just let it all out.

Her stomach churned and heart thumped as flashes of Lori appeared; the way the woman would laugh at her corny jokes and help her emotionally with what Athena was struggling with. How the woman was always positive and always thought high of her no matter what disorders Athena shared with the woman.

And then memories of Atlas and Artemis cleared before her own eyes, and she remembered how they were torn apart to pieces. One unconscious and the other screaming for her life. How she watched blood spill from the mouths that would sing terrible karaoke, watched as the arms they decorated with bracelets and stickers were torn apart by monsters that walked the earth.

Flashes of witnessing her mother die appeared, of Atlas dying before her eyes. How every single part of her life that brought misery combined into one wave of emotion and completely crashed into her.

Athena had no tears left in her to cry anymore for herself or the people she cared for.

Instead, Athena wanted badly to take her rage out on the walkers in the tomb, but she knew better than to do so because this child, this baby girl she just delivered, was not going to die as a result of her recklessness.

Athena needed to help get her formula. She had to help keep that baby alive. For Lori.

"Let me see the baby," Herhsel called out just as Carl began to rock her back and forth in his arms.

"What we gonna feed it?" Daryl asked, walking back to her side, "Anything a baby can eat?"

Hershel didn't respond as he examined the new born child, "Good news is, she looks healthy," he looked over at them, "but she needs formula. And soon or she won't survive."

Daryl shook his head, "No, no way. Not her. Not losing anybody else. I'm going for a run."

Athena grabbed his arm, causing him to shift his gaze, "I will too."

Maggie stepped forward just as she did, "I'll back you up."

"I'll go too," Glenn added, and Athena tried her best not to look at him, still feeling the aftermath of their argument an hour ago.

Daryl nodded, "Okay, think of where we're going," he told them before looking over at the short blonde standing to his right, "Beth."

She snapped her head towards him and walked away from her father as he began speaking to her in a low whisper, "Kid just lost his mom, his dad ain't doing so hot."

Beth nodded, "I'll look after him," she confirmed before sending him a pained smile and walking back to her father.

"You two get the fence!" Daryl suddenly instructed to the new additions of their group, "Too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem. Glenn, Maggie, vamanous." He told them, taking the new spot as their leader just as quickly as Rick began to walk towards Athena's axe that was laying on the floor.

Athena hit Daryl's shoulder as the man grabbed the handle of her main weapon, "Rick!" She called out, but it was too late, he was heading inside Cell Block C and there was no stopping him. Not after losing his wife. "Daryl, we need to go already." She told him, and the man nodded before walking backwards just as Athena tugged at Maggie's arm.

"Get the gate," Daryl yelled at the rest, "c'mon we're gonna lose a life!"

Athena jogged in front of him as Glenn and Maggie called out destinations, "There's a Piggly Wiggly at 85," Glenn told them, and as much as Athena wanted to laugh at the name, it wasn't the right time then and there.

"Baby sections been cleared." Maggie spoke, "Lori told me and Athena to keep an eye out, haven't had much luck."

"The baby store a few miles down was already looted," Athena told Daryl, "So was the convenience store by the farm house. Everything is gone, I only managed to grab a few blankets."

Glenn's eyes suddenly widened at the mention of their paired run the week before, "On the way back though, we saw signs for a—uh shopping center just north of here."

Athena remembered as well, but disagreed, "Yeah, but there's too much to bring and the road is blocked. We'll never get through there."

Daryl looked at the three of them as he shrugged on his vest, "I can take one of y'all."

Athena responded not even a second later, "I'll go."

Both Maggie and Glenn turned their gaze to her, "Athena—"

"I have to do this," she told them, pushing her hair from her face and scrunching up her nose, "I need to go."

Glenn hesitated, "I can go—"

"Please," Athena looked away, "I'll be fine. You two need to take care of the baby, keep things calm here. We'll be back soon."

Glenn began walking towards her to try and get Athena to not go, but she watched with glazed eyes as Maggie grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, "Don't get yourself killed," she told her, and Athena flashed her a pained smile before grabbing a back pack from one of the cars and making her way over to Daryl.

She threw her leg over the machine and situated herself on the seat before wrapping her arms around Daryl's stomach. The man didn't hesitate to take off as Athena watched Glenn and Maggie step away from the vehicle. Their eyes held just as much want to do something as hers did, but they both knew that Athena needed to go on this run. If not, she'd probably go on a rampage like Rick.

Instead though, Athena's fingers dug themselves into the front of Daryl's shirt as he took off through the main gate entrance. Athena remembered what it was like to ride a motorcycle and enjoy the ride without having a fear of being eaten. In this case though, she'd just have to suck it up and pray that Daryl didn't kill them both. Him crashing the motorcycle would probably be worse than getting bitten.

They drove a long ways until they reached the location that would hold the supplies they needed. It was both a silent and swift ride, Athena barley remembered most of it.

As Daryl turned off the motorcycle, Athena hopped off and made her way to the building. While opening the gate, Athena accidentally dug her hand into one of the barbed wires jutting out from the fence. She didn't flinch, didn't react, didn't do anything about it but keep walking as Daryl led the way.

"Stay close," Daryl instructed as they walked across the backyard. It was a day care most likely, assuming from the playground just outside the home. The other place they wanted to stop at was looted already, so hopefully this one would hold the things they needed, or else they'd be screwed.

Athena nodded to him as she grabbed her gun and smashed it through one of the windows. It was the closest entrance, and she assumed that it'd just be easier to start from a room rather than risk it by going through the front door and meeting some unexpected guests.

Athena pushed herself inside, careful not to step on glass, before landing on her feet and telling Daryl to go through another entrance.

Quickly, Athena looked around before raiding the cabinets. Blankets and other toys were thankfully still stocked, so she didn't hesitate to shove it all in her bag along with some spare diapers on the counter. Along with that, Athena made sure to grab some clothes too, for when the baby got older, before heading into the hallway.

Just as she was about to tell the man what she got, a loud noise arose from the kitchen. Daryl's head snapped from the other end of the hall, and Athena found herself waiting for him to check out the noise rather than do it herself.

Daryl gave her a stern look before walking into the kitchen, bow raised and flashlight in mouth. Sure, it was no big deal that there was possibly a walker, but still, they needed to take precautions. So quickly, Athena made her way in as well and opened the door so Daryl could shoot at whatever was inside.

"Shit—"Athena cursed when the noise ended up coming from a rodent.

"Hello, dinner," Daryl beamed when he grabbed the dead animal from the shelf.

"You can put that in your bag. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like dying from an animal disease," Athena grinned slightly and moved out of the kitchen after filling her bag with more formula, "I'll check the other rooms."

Daryl nodded and let her walk away. Athena swiftly skimmed through the rooms, collecting formula and bottles as she did so. Luckily there were plenty of supplies, so Athena knew that this child of Rick's wasn't going to die any time soon from lack of care.

Daryl soon came back to her with a handful of supplies and his flashlight held in his mouth. He dumped the supplies in her backpack before zipping it shut and removing the item from between his teeth. "You ready?"

Athena looked around once more before nodding, "I think we've got enough, if not we can always come back, maybe find some other stores."

Daryl agreed before ushering her towards the back door exit. The door paint was chipped and held strips of scratches that resembled nails being scraped down the wood. Dried blood was even splattered across the walls they passed. Athena couldn't bear to look, not with the knowledge that these kids were the ones who turned in this building.

As they walked outside, Athena kept her gun ready and at hand. Luckily they hadn't encountered any walkers on the way out. The air was quiet and peaceful, and Athena enjoyed it for a few seconds until she realized that the atmosphere at the prison would be the complete opposite now that they've lost someone.

"Daryl?"

The man turned to look at her at the sound of Athena's shaky voice. They weren't even halfway across the yard when she spoke, "Do you think it's better after we die?"

Daryl looked away, "I think that there's nothin' after we're gone," he continued walking, "best not to think about it while we're still alive. Waste of time."

Athena sucked in a deep breath and followed him. She didn't know what in the world she was feeling. For a few minutes she felt numb, like what had just happened had no affect on her. Other times, she felt so angry, like there was someone to blame for what happened. Her mind would swirl with hatred and rage that sometimes she forgot what she was doing.

Athena was a mess.

Quietly, Athena and Daryl got onto the motorcycle, no words shared between them besides the man's rough instructions, "Hold onto me. Don't need anything happening to you either."

She did so and wrapped her arms around his stomach, her fingers once again grasping into his shirt as Daryl began the engine and took off.

By the time they arrived back at the prison, night had fallen and more walkers had already piled up by the fence.

"C'mon," Daryl ushered, helping Athena off the bike because of her messed up leg. She held onto his arm before taking off with him, a slight limp to her run before she slowed down to a fast jog when they entered Cell Block C.

"Beth!" She called out, watching as the girls head snapped in their direction. The young girl quickly rose to her feet and made her way over as Athena dumped the items on one of the nearby tables.

She watched as the blonde put together a bottle before handing it back to her. Athena muttered a quick thank you before making her way over to the Daryl. The man held the crying baby in his arms, and for a split second, Athena felt her heart flutter.

"Daryl," she said softly, handing him the container of formula. He sent her a thankful look before proceeding to place the bottle into the child's mouth.

Lori's baby grew silent as Daryl began to feed her, and as he did so, Athena swore she heard everyone in the room let out a sigh of relief.

"She's gorgeous," Athena smiled, placing herself to the side of Daryl, tears glistening in her eyes as she touched her small bare feet.

Daryl laughed and made eye contact with her before looking at Carl, "She got a name yet?"

Carl let out a small noise, "Not yet. I was thinking maybe Sophia. There's Carol too—"

Athena's eyes widened at his words, confusion clouding her mind, "Wait, what—"

"Her and T-Dog," Glenn hesitated, "they didn't make it out."

The words echoed in Athena's ears, her hand raising to her mouth in pure disbelief. T-Dog, the man who was kind and honest to her, the man who looked out for everyone, even when the entire group might have been against him.

And Carol. She was one of purest people Athena had ever met. If it weren't for that woman, she wouldn't feel as comfortable with herself as she was then.

And now they were gone, they were gone for good.

Carol, T-Dog, Lori. Gone.

Athena let out what sounded like a small cry. Her fingers were tangled in her own hair as pure rage took over. She wanted someone to pay for their deaths, but there was no one to punish.

As much as she wanted to act out, she knew she couldn't. Not when Rick already was. Instead, Athena bit her lip till it bleed and pulled her gun and knives from their holster, "I'll be back," she told them harshly before turning on her heel and walking out of Cell Block C.

She didn't care to listen to their calls or pleas. Athena needed to find Rick. He was their leader.

And she was too.

.

.

.

.

.

word count: 2579

I know I know, I haven't updated in forever even though it's summer. writing has been both exhausting and time consuming when it comes to working on the book I'm actually getting published, meaning that I don't really get time to update the fan fictions I want to continue anymore.

and no, I'm not deleting the book or putting it on hold. I'm still going to keep writing, I just hope you guys will be okay with my often state of hiatus and lack of updates time to time

well, make sure to vote / comment/ and leave some feedback! I love writing this story, but I really wish I was already writing about terminus instead of the governor [yikes]

alright everyone, until chapter twenty three, thank you for reading and goodbye!

~ Celeste xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 138 84
She needed to be saved and she didn't know it until she met the blue-eyed boy, who drew stars around her scars. Trigger warnings can be found the Sea...
16.6K 661 24
In which Camila Simmons and Jesse Miller navigate their way through an apocalypse Or In which Glenn meets the chaotic queen of his dreams COVER MADE...
45.3K 1.4K 84
𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃...
1K 40 11
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝, 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝...