Billionaire's Bodyguard [𝐏𝐔...

By ImAWandererxo

#𝟑 ▪ 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬. ❝You dress to impress.❞ He chuckled, as a devilish smirk covered his face... More

P R E L U D E
[𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓] 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬
- character aesthetics -
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 1 | Tattooed Heart
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 2 | Bounded
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 4 | Babysitter
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 5 | Seraph
BB | PUBLISHED.
the 𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 series
THE BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 3 | Scandalous Affairs

129K 2.9K 608
By ImAWandererxo

THIRD SAMPLE CHAPTER

***

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑.

𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐎𝐍.

***

Beau

Knocking on the towering oak doors, I waited for a response anxiously outside the large mansion that stole acres of suburban land. Without needing to look behind me, I could already point out the positions the snipers were at, plus the security hidden around the expanses of land surrounding this lavish home. Today, I finally started my new job after leaving the military, serving almost seven years for the country. I had trained with the strongest and most ruthless men, preparing myself for any situation. At times, I found myself working with the government, ensuring the safety of the Senate but, despite the places I travelled to and the new people I had met, something didn't click, and I decided to leave, looking for something that could fill the void I felt within me. After hearing about an opening for one of the wealthiest men in New York, I grabbed the opportunity without any hesitance.

The task was simple: I had to be the bodyguard for Mr. Carter's eighteen-year-old daughter, who I'd heard plenty of talk and rumours about. I had never seen her myself but from everyone in Mr. Carter's security detail, I got the impression that she was a gorgeous spitfire. If trouble had a child, it would be her. Once I was fully briefed and up to date with Mr. Carter's business affairs, including the attack on his family that happened a few days ago, Oliver, my friend who had introduced me to this job, made sure I was up to date on all things Gabrielle.

I knew better than to listen to the rumours, but I couldn't shake off the sound of awe and respect that lingered in Oliver's voice as he spoke so highly of her. Yet, at the same time, he never failed to mention how she was constantly out with a new man every week, or how frequently she partied, or how she was Mr. Carter's only daughter as if to remind me of my place. I let his words pass over my head, knowing that this job was too good for me to let an eighteen-year-old ruin this opportunity.

Gabrielle Carter.

I didn't dwell over these rumours for too long, aware that it was only right to make a judgement after I had properly gotten to know her. The doors finally opened, and a petite maid peered at me before broadly smiling, as she ushered me in. She kept the talk to a minimum, directing me towards Mr. Carter's office, but I was distracted by the beauty of the interior. It felt like I was in a palace when I saw the marble staircase that spiralled upstairs, wondering if I'd meet this Gabrielle today or at a later date. After travelling down a few corridors, the maid finally stood outside a large, closed door, softly knocking on the wood before opening it a second later.

"Sir, Mr. St. Clair has arrived," she informed, as I entered the room. The interior was dark mahogany with accents of dark red that screamed out power and extreme wealth. The afternoon sunlight accentuated the gold décor on his desk and fireplace. The leather furniture probably cost the same amount of money I had made during my entire time as a soldier, maybe more.

"Ah, Beau. Thank you for coming so promptly," Mr. Carter greeted, his voice coated with twang of Russian. Brown eyes narrowed as he curiously gazed in my direction, whilst he gestured me to come closer after dismissing the maid.

Closing the distance, I shook his outstretched hand with a confident smile. "It's a pleasure to work for you, Sir."

"The job will be difficult as you'll be keeping eye on my daughter. She's eighteen and has reckless tendencies, as I did at her age," Mr. Carter chuckled. "I'm sure you've been briefed on what you need to do, but I need to be sure you will protect her with your whole life. Can you do that, Beau?"

I tried to not show the intimidation I was feeling under the intense gaze of Mr. Carter and bobbed my head assertively. "Yes, Sir."

He leaned forward, raising a dark brow as he examined me. "Are you willing to take a bullet for her?"

Without hesitation, I responded, "I am."

A minute later, Mr. Carter relaxed and broke out into a smile. "I knew you were the right man for the job. I'm sure it would never come to that but I'm glad I can have faith in you to protect my only heir. She should be here soon, so I'll introduce you two."

We waited for Gabrielle silently, Mr. Carter's attention refocused on the paperwork scattered across his desk as he sat down. I didn't know where to go at first, awkwardly standing in front of his desk, until there was a knock on the door and I shuffled to stand beside Mr. Carter, turning my attention to it when Mr. Carter shouted, "Come in."

A slim figure, a frame shorter than mine, dressed in an oversized hoodie that didn't hide the bandages on her legs slowly closed the door behind her, before she turned around when Mr. Carter called her name. At the sight of me, she jumped slightly, taken aback, before examining me with curiosity. So, I took the time to glance over her appearance and I couldn't help but agree with the rumours. She was gorgeous. Beautiful, in fact. Her chestnut hair was damp, tied back in a ponytail that revealed her ivy green eyes which startled me because they were so vibrant, like emerald stones. Her wide eyes suddenly turned away as she greeted her father, shifting on her feet which was a display of self-consciousness.

"Take a seat," he replied. A sweet scent of honeydew wafted in the air as she settled in the seat in front of the desk, and I suspected it came from the shampoo she had used. Her dad sighed, giving his daughter his full attention as he spoke, "This attack will not be the last and who knows when they are planning to attack again. Under great consideration and speaking to both your uncles, we thought it would be best if you were protected twenty-four seven."

Gaping at her father, her eyes peered at me for a fleeting second before focusing on Mr. Carter. I could practically see the cogs turning in her mind as she realised the situation at hand. "Are you saying -"

Her father interrupted, leaving no room for objections, "You will have a bodyguard from now on. You are to not go anywhere alone until this entire issue has been put to rest. That being said, Gabrielle, meet Beau St. Clair. He is a recent new addition to our security team after being discharged from the military. So, I trust you'll be in good hands."

The shock didn't disperse as she finally gazed at me, causing my lips to curl in amusement. When she didn't speak, I chose to act first and stuck my hand out, her emerald stones captivating me in ways I never thought possible.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Carter," I greeted politely. I noticed the surprise dispelling as she took my hand which engulfed hers.

"Please, call me Gabrielle."

There was this spark that scurried up my arms when our hands touched and I was intoxicated, never wanting to let go but I knew I had to, tearing my hand from her tender hold. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion as she looked at her father, her jaw tightened which was a sign of annoyance. And I knew she'd be one hell of a body to guard.

"Does this mean I can't go to any more parties?" My eyes almost broadened in surprise at her bold question, but I refrained from showing any sort of emotion, masking a stoic expression as I anticipated her father's response.

He pursed his lips. "I wouldn't like you to but if you must, Beau will go with you."

My eyes widened. Damn it. Parties. I hated that type of crowd. But I knew better than to voice my discontent although, the look of amusement that flickered on Gabrielle's face suggested she saw my expression before I could hide it. Our eyes were locked in an intense hold, waiting to see who would back down first. The sound of Mr. Carter's cell phone broke our gaze as we turned to him, a short sigh of relief leaving my lips.

He grabbed his cell but before he left, he turned to Gabrielle and said, "Remember to tell Quince to be careful of the people he talks to and is around. They might use him to get to you and I'm sure you wouldn't want him to get hurt in the process."

Gabrielle smiled thinly. "Understood."

The second he was out of sight, she turned to me with a smirk, lifting her brow as she said, "I hope you won't ruin my fun."

I didn't show my surprise as I mirrored her expression, "If it is a means to protect you then I'll apologise now. Unless you want me to show you other kinds of fun."

"Not even the slightest bit amusing, St. Clair," Green eyes squinted into a piercing glare. I chuckled, causing her to scoff in incredulity. "Plus, I highly doubt it; there's so many things I've done."

"Touché," I replied, amused. She avoided my gaze, a smile playing on my lips until she finally looked at me. My smile slipped as I was transfixed by her ethereal eyes before I forced myself to move, towering over her slim frame. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Gabrielle."

Her breath hitched before she countered, "I'll see you around, Beau."

She spun on her heels and strode away, her dark brown hair swaying side to side whilst I admired the spunk in that captivating, magnificent Russian girl. When she disappeared, I released a low chuckle, running my fingers through my hair.

Well, this was going to be fun.

*

Gabrielle

I had spent the rest of my afternoon locked in my room, dwelling on the idea of being hunted down. It wasn't a pleasant idea. What eighteen-year-old wanted to live a life where she was constantly in danger? Then, it hit me. This had always been my life. What else could I expect if half my childhood involved the Mafia? As best as my father had tried to prevent danger in my life, why was I ignorant to the fact that danger was part of my lifestyle? I had been trained for these situations, for God's sake. I was as skilled as a trained assassin, so why was I letting a little attack get to me. After some time, I finally called my best friend, who immediately told me that there was a party going on before I could tell him about my encounter with my bodyguard.

"There's a party at Matthews'," he informed me, cheerily.

I groaned. "I don't know if I can go."

"Why not?"

Which led me to explaining everything that had happened. Afterwards, I felt a sudden weight lift off my shoulders; it took me to say it out loud to realize the gravity of this situation. For the first time, I was scared. I was scared for my life. I was scared for my future. Did I even have a future?

Quince broke my depressing thoughts when he queried, "Is he hot?"

I blushed instantly at his blunt statement. "Quince!"

"What?" he replied innocently. "It's a simple question."

"You're infuriating."

"So, he is hot."

"I'm not answering that."

"Okay, so he is hot," Quince concluded, causing my cheeks to darken further. "And he's older than you. How scandalous."

"You are such a little girl," I grumbled, hearing his laughter.

"So, princess, how are you getting out of your castle? A little bit of tequila may help drown away that traumatic experience."

I hummed in response. "Dad doesn't mind me going to parties but from the look on Beau's face, it's clear he doesn't intend on ever going to one. Maybe we should change that."

"Do I hear an evil plan formulating?"

"I'll meet you there."

As soon I had hung up, I changed into a pretty white satin dress that wrapped snugly around my waist, accentuating all my God-given curves. I took a glance in the mirror, noticing that my bruises had begun to fade away and almost rethought my decision. I paced around my room, wondering whether this plan would succeed before frustratedly sighing when I noticed that it was nearly eight in the evening. Against my better judgment, I chose to go and dabbed some concealer over those black and blue marks. After quickly applying some pink lipstick, I grabbed my coat and cell before sneakily descending down the stairs. I knew partying should be the last thing I did after everything that had happened, but I wanted to forget. I had to forget. I wanted one last chance at being normal before that luxury was taken away from me for good. The lights were off downstairs, and I had nearly reached the front door when a loud cough brought me to a halt. I cringed, peering over my shoulder to find Beau leaning against the wall, his arms folded across his chest, catching me red handed.

"Where are you off to?" he questioned.

"Quince's," I lied, smiling.

"I'll have to come with you. Next time, inform me if you plan on going out."

"I'd actually rather you didn't come," I stated, causing a look of surprise to flicker across his face.

"I have a duty as your bodyguard."

"Well, you're relieved of your duty."

"Sweetheart, you're not the one paying me, so you don't get to tell me when I'm off duty," Beau chuckled, irking me. Yet, at the same time, I had this ridiculous attraction to him which only irritated me further.

"It's Quince's. I'm sure I'll be okay," I argued, defiantly.

"You weren't okay in your own home," he retorted, closing the distance between us. Before I could sputter out something smart, he tugged at my coat causing the belt to unravel which revealed my scandalous dress. An arch of his eyebrow and the twinkle of amusement in his stormy eyes, he asked, "Are you sure you're going to Quince's?"

I knew better than to argue, sighing in defeat as I slipped off my coat and dropped it onto the centre table, seeing no point in hiding my attire for the evening. "If you're coming, you don't say a word of this to my father."

"Of course," he grinned, triumphantly.

"I can't believe this is happening," I muttered. "I don't even know why I bother arguing. Even if I said no, you still would have come."

Beau's eyes glittered with pure enjoyment as I sulked, defeatedly. "You know me too well already."

*

When we arrived at Matthew's house, the place was already trashed; whether it was from the red cups on the grass to the girls dressed in skimpy dresses that were dancing, laughing, or making out to the guys chugging drinks from barrels, the entire environment liberated me despite the state it was in. Where others would cringe, I grinned at the sight, opening the door as soon as Beau had parked on the other side of the road.

His eyes scoured the scene before turning to me. "So, this is fun?"

I laughed. "Nothing compared to my parties. Trust me, I don't need to be taken care of."

"I'll be the judge of that," he responded, following me to the house.

As soon I opened the door, I saw a mass of people dancing, drinking, laughing, kissing until everyone was completely consumed by the alcohol, music and dare I say, drugs.

"Oh my God!" someone yelled. "Is that Gabrielle?" I grinned when I saw Quince stumble through the crowd, before shrieking. "YOU CAME!"

"Yeah, and I brought my bodyguard," I shouted back over the music.

"Where is he?" Quince bounced excitedly, seeking to find Beau.

Laughing, I glanced over my shoulder and quickly pinpointed him, as there was literally no one else wearing a suit but him. "Over there."

Surrounded by a sea of girls, Beau's attention was elsewhere which meant that was my window to escape. Quince sulked, "God, he's gorgeous, Gabrielle."

"Quince, I want drinks," I stated, grabbing his hand, and pulling him through the crowd, but not before he sent one last, wistful look in Beau's direction.

Outside in Matthew's large garden, I noticed the rest of my friends as they all sat beside the pool, taking shots as they played an 'innocent' game of Truth or Dare. I saw a beautiful blonde bombshell as she laughed, dancing before embarrassedly shoving the guy besides her. Instantly, I knew that it was Alissa. Besides Quince, Alissa was also a close friend of mine. I had met her when I started high school and we had stuck together ever since. Similar to Quince, she also was aware of my involvement with the Mafia, however I never went into specific detail with it. All she knew was that my family and I were tied to the Mafia and that was all she needed to know. The less she knew, the better. She squealed as soon as she caught sight of me, embracing me tightly to the point where I winced, reminding myself of my hidden bruises.

Her blonde hair tossed over her shoulder as she passed me a small shot glass. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"I missed you too, Alissa," I laughed.

She pulled back and pouted. "Quince told me what happened. I'm so sorry, babe. Thank God, you're okay."

I swallowed thickly, forcing a smile. "It's okay. I don't want to think about it anymore."

Understanding what I was requesting, Alissa's pout curled into a broad grin as she yelled, "Then take the shot, girl!"

Without flinching, I downed the drink - God knows what was in it - feeling the adrenaline rush through my body. Everyone cheered around me, the sound of music laced with whatever else was lingering in the air. I didn't want to care. I knew if I did, it would be overwhelming. At some point, I had drunk so much that all my worries of being hunted had disappeared.

-

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑.

𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐎𝐍.

fariha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 8.1K 65
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭.❞ 𝗔𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗕...
1.1M 25.8K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
7.9K 201 20
[ONGOING][UNEDITED] 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭' 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⭒ 𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐨 (𝟏𝟖), the daughter of Stella and Leo Rus...
26.9K 869 58
"Pain was something I was very familiar with and had grown to manipulate and wield as a weapon. But our love would prove to be far more deadly." . ✧...