Magnet (Hetalia x Reader)

By burgersnscones

You just left your hometown in order to attend a university in London, England for an entire year. You can't... More

Conflict 1: Strangers
Conflict 2: Sky
Conflict 3: Coffee
Conflict 4: Past
Conflict 5: Lies
Conflict 6: Words
Conflict 7: Rain
7.5
Conflict 8: Nostalgia
Conflict 9: More
Conflict 10: Smirk
Conflict 11: Idiot
Conflict 12: Jealousy
Conflict 13: Persistence
Conflict 14: World
Conflict 15: Progress
Conflict 16: Breakfast
Conflict 17: Comfort
Conflict 18: Nordics
Conflict 19: Schemes
Conflict 21: Magic
Conflict 22: Monster
Conflict 23: Countdown
Epilogue
12.5 Alfred
14.5
18.5
20.5

Conflict 20: Resume

3.4K 128 138
By burgersnscones

"Morning" Gilbert came out of his bedroom, yawning.

"Morning, Gil" The young woman greeted from the kitchenette "Is Ludwig up?"

"He's usually up before dawn. Probably running out in this cold again"

"Oh, well that's a shame" She said with a soft, upset voice.

"Why? What's wrong?" He moved up to her by the stove.

"I wanted to thank you guys for letting me stay with you by making breakfast. I made too much..." She licked her teeth.

"That's alright" He said "I'll invite Frenchie and Toni, let's eat breakfast together so it won't be a waste"

"Sounds good. I guess I can always make lunch for Ludwig"

"Hola, chica"

"Bonjour, mon cher"

"Hey, guys" Name welcomed them inside as she opened the door "Hope you're hungry"

"Si" Toni said "I haven't had finished breakfast yet. Good thing Prussia gave me a call"

"Same here" Added Francis.

"Great. Take a seat, I just finished setting up the table"

"Smells good. What's cooking, frau?" Gilbert asked.

"Well, I don't really cook much meat since I'm vegetarian" She sat between Toni and Francis "But I happen to make a pretty mean tomato-avocado salad"

"I second that" Francis raised his fork after taking a bite off the dish and the girl laughed, "I also made broccoli quiche with potato crust and chickpea and winter vegetable stew"

"Wow, where'd you learn to cook like that?" Toni asked.

She shrugged "The internet"

After a few minutes of talking about random things like Gilbert's newest conquests and Francis' newest recipes, Toni asked Name's opinion on what's a nice thing to do on a date with a girl.

"Well, that depends on what she's like" She dabbed the corners of her mouth with a clean paper towel "If she's more of a casual chick I think it's best to take her out in a good ol' diner. If she's more, say 'classy'" She made quotation marks in the air with her fingers "Then I guess those chic, fancy restaurants would be better with her"

"What next?" Gilbert asked, feeding Gilbird from his palm.

"What next? Let's see, um..." She pushed her tongue to the inside of her cheeks as she thought. "You could take her out for a walk"

"'Take her out for a walk'?" Francis repeated "Toni, this 'girl' doesn't happen to be a foot tall and has a collar around her neck with the name 'Precious' on it, does she?"

The four of them laughed but Name defended herself "C'mon, you guys know what I mean"

"Okay, okay" Francis said and watched her "What else?"

"Well..." She tapped her chin "Even if it's cold, the snow's not that bad so after strolling around the city you could take her to your place and—"

"I like where this is going" Gilbert said sensually.

"And" The young woman giggled "You guys... I dunno, dance to some smooth jazz or something—Oh, take her dancing!" She almost pounced on Toni enthusiastically.

They raised their eyebrows at her and she quickly returned to her seat "Sorry, sorry"

She inhaled "It's just that... After everything that has happened I guess, I guess I'm just... a little unnerved is all" She wasn't going to tell her ex and his best friends' faces that she missed dating just a tad.

"You miss dating?" Francis asked.

She turned at him and after a few obvious attempts to lie she gave in with a nod, "Yeah. I mean just, just a date and nothing more"

"Didn't Denmark take you out once?" Gilbert stated.

"What?" Toni and Francis asked with a strange odd feeling squeezing their chests.

"Yeah but that... that was different. It was fun, but the main reason I agreed was because he wouldn't stop following me. So when he sneaked inside my apartment I figured 'What the Hell, just one date'"

"What?"

"Nothing. It's nothing" She shook her head and resumed eating.

The three exchanged glances and Francis spoke "Why don't we take you out on a date?"

Now it was her turn to say "What?"

"Yeah" Gilbert nodded "It'd be great"

"No, no" She whispered to Francis "Won't that be weird?"

"Course not!" Toni answered "C'mon, chica. You'll love it!"

"Oui" Francis agreed "We can take you out, we're gonna have a great time and you'll forget about this entire bombing incident"

"That reminds me" Gilbert spoke "You have any idea who could've done zhat?"

"Actually, I... no, no I can't think up of anyone who'd hate me that much. There has to be some mistake"

"Well, you know what" Francis rubbed her arm affectionately "Whatever happens, I—we're here for you"

"Thanks" She smiled at them before they continued eating.

Name was weaving her hair into a long fishtail braid when someone knocked on the door. While finishing off her braid with a black tie, she heard footsteps from outside the bathroom.

"Bruder?" She heard Ludwig, "What are you doing outside?"

Name slid inside her black pea coat and slung the beige strap of her purse over her shoulder before making her way towards the brothers.

"I'm here to pick up my date" Gilbert said but then saw Name "And here she is"

"What?" Ludwig turned to see Name all dressed up.

"Good evening" Name greeted faux formally.

"Good evening, Name. This" He pulled out a bouquet from behind him and gave it to her "is for you"

"Oh, Gil! They're my favorite" She took the flowers gratefully, "Thank you. I'm gonna go find a vase for this. I'll be back" She said as she walked away.

Ludwig had a serious look on his face when he turned to Gilbert "What are you doing?"

"Taking her to a date?" He shrugged innocently.

"This no time for jokes"

"I'm not joking, I am taking her out on a date"

"Where are getting to with this? She's not just some random girl you scored from a bar, she's our friend so you can't—

"Okay, I'm ready" Ludwig was cut short when Name approached them again

"Great, let's go" The Prussian offered his arm and Name hooked hers on it.

"I'll see you later, Ludwig. I made you supper, it's in the fridge. I hear you like potatoes" She waved goodbye as Gilbert led her out, leaving a wide-eyed and speechless Ludwig by the door.

"So" Name returned the menu to the waitress and spoke to Gilbert "I finally get see the Gilbert of Prussia in his natural habitat. Can you demonstrate me some of your moves?"

"Nope, sorry, you might fall in love with me" He said jokingly.

She clamped her hands together "C'mon show me. Please? Please, please, please"

"Fine, fine"

"Yes!"

He cleared his throat and leaned on the table, "First, I do this" He began to stroke her arm tenderly, almost suggestively.

"Okay"

"Then, I look into your eyes like this" He locked gazes with her.

"Oh my gosh" She muttered, trying to shield her smile "That—that was great"

"I know, right?" He said, letting go and lounging back to his seat.

"Yeah, I mean I almost leaned in. I don't believe it. That was really some first-class acting"

"I know, right? I'm so awesome" They both snickered.

"So what're your moves?" He questioned as they ate their meal.

"What?"

"Your moves? What do you do on a date?"

"I... I dunno. It's embarrassing"

"Come on, I showed you mine"

"But that's because you've been on a million dates already. I mean the only guy I had a serious relationship was with Francis and the only dates I've been to after him was with a Dane who sneaked inside my room and this"

"Yeah, but you gotta have a plan, right?"

She shrugged "I guess you're right but—"

Gilbert's phone began beeping and he quickly checked the caller ID, "It's Toni"

"Yeah? What is it?" She sipped on her third glass of wine.

"Well, since we all wanted to take you out on this date we've split it"

"Wha—split how?"

"Well, I get to take you out to dinner and they have other ideas"

She crossed her legs "Be careful with your ideas, this may be the last time we ever speak to each other"

"No, nothing like... that"

"Chica" Toni appeared out of nowhere "Ready to go?"

"O-okay" She took her purse "Let me just find my wallet"

"No, don't" Gilbert stopped her "We all promised to take you out on a real date. Y'know, the gist, let the gentleman pay"

"Really? Oh, thank you" She touched her chest, looking at him appreciatively.

"Ja, now go have your date with Toni"

"Thanks, Gil" She got up with her coat and purse in hand. However, she quickly went over to him and kissed his cheek before leaving with Toni.

"You go put the moves on some other girl now" She teased as they left.

Gilbert simply smiled as he caressed his cheek.

"Wow" Name buried her hands inside the pockets of her coat "A romantic stroll under a winter moon's glow. Really... romantic"

"I hope you don't think it's too boring" Toni said as he walked alongside her.

"No, of course not! I really do think it's sweet"

"That's good to hear. How was your date with Prussia?"

"Great—awesome, actually. It was really nice. I... I've been so focused in my studies and good grades that I forgot what it was like to just let loose and mingle"

"Really? When was the last time you dated someone seriously?"

"I hope this doesn't make anything weird, but my first and so far only boyfriend ever happens to be your best friend"

"Prussia?" His moss green eyes widened.

She laughed at his childlike cluelessness "No. I'm talking about France"

They took a left turn. "Oh."

They were quiet for a while. Boots burying themselves in the snow and frosty winds being the only things heard from a mile away.

"This is none of my business but..." Toni halted and faced her "Do you think you'll ever give someone a chance after Francis?"

She licked her teeth.

"Lo siento, that was out of the line"

"No... You know what, I think—I think I don't know the answer myself"

Toni wasn't so sure if he wanted to know the answer but he still asked, "Is it because you still love him?"

Do I? She asked herself the same question.

She wasn't sure. Telling herself that Francis meant nothing to her anymore was a lie to make things easier, but apparently running away from a problem doesn't get you much far.

Do you really stop loving someone? She asked herself.

She never gave it much thought before but now maybe it's not a matter of start-and-stop more like: either you love them or you never did.

But love has many forms, and maybe like with energy it just keeps evolving into something more needed.

"Name?" Name lifted her face to see Toni's brows creased, "You're crying"

She put her fingers on her cheeks, feeling water on her face. She had seen it in movies and read it from books before but it was her first time to shed tears without noticing.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked that"

"It's fine. I'm fine, just a little..."

"Unnerved?"

"Yeah" She laughed in spite herself.

"Do you still wanna go on? I can take you home if—

"No, let's go on. I'm okay"

"Are you sure?" She nodded and they continued walking.

"You still wanna do this?" Toni asked as they reached Francis' suite "You can always back out"

"Toni, it's okay. Really. But thank you for your concern" She ran her hands down his arms before giving him a bear hug. Just as she pulled back, the door swayed open revealing Francis.

"Bonsoir"

"Hey, Frenchie" Toni raised his hand. He turned to Name "I'll see you then"

"Okay, bye" She grinned weakly and he left.

"Come in, mon cher" Francis made way for her.

She almost gasped at the sight before her. The room was only lit by the faint flames provided by white wax candles standing on almost every surface available.

She sniffed "What is that? Irises?"

"Oui" He lifted her hand to his lips, "I thought maybe to use something less strong than roses as to not overwhelm you"

"And you thought of putting me inside a room lit by fire after I jumped from a burning building?"

"Well, um..."

"I'm kidding, Francey" She playfully punched his chest "It's beautiful"

"Good, now..." He picked up a remote and pointed it at the stereos in the living room. After pushing a button, a song began to play.

"La Vie En Rose" She whispered.

He held up his hand "May I?"

She laced her fingers with his and he pulled her in. They began to sway softly to the song.

"So how's your date so far?" He asked.

"Great. Better than I've expected"

"Ah, I trust that my friends took good care of you?"

"Oui, and so far I think you guys might make great boyfriends"

"Really? Better lovers than philanderers?"

"Better believe it."

They laughed and Name smiled at him "You know, I thought that this was going to be weird?"

"Why?"

"Well... I guess because you were my boyfriend once?"

"Just because we were lovers once doesn't mean we can't be friends"

"Yeah, you're right. I just..." She struggled to continue but Francis leaned down and brushed his lips on hers. When he drew back, Name's jaw was slightly apart and her eyes were wide open.

"You didn't really think that I was really okay with just being friends, right?" His voice was low and his blue orbs held a certain somberness and softness.

"What are you trying to say, Francis?"

"Je te aime, Name"

They've already stopped dancing "I'm sorry if I've hurt you but I tried not to. I really didn't want to. And now that we're with each other again... I just wanted you to know that"

"Francis, I..." She swallowed a lump forming in her throat, "What do you want me to say?"

"You don't have to say anything. You can slap me if that makes you feel better but I'm not taking it back"

"No, I'm not gonna slap you" She squeezed his hands "I love you too Francis. I've always had. Just... Just not in love with you anymore. I-I'm sorry. I'd love to be that person again but I can't go back. We can only move forward"

He shook his head and touched her face "I understand. You don't need to apologize, cheri. Please don't cry"

He wiped away the tears rolling down her red cheeks with his thumb before pulling her into an embrace.

They spent the majority of their little "date" dancing to Edith Piaf.

***

"Oh, God, what a day" Name sighed as she shrugged off her robe. She dipped her foot in the warm water first before completely climbing inside the marble tub.

"These damn rich people." She closed her eyes as she put her head on the edge of the tub as she relaxed.

Ssssss...

"Hm..."

Ssssss... Sssss...

It took several minutes but Name reluctantly opened her eyes to try and find what that sound was.

"OHMYGOD!" She screamed as she saw a long snake slither from the vent. She kept shrieking even as she slid out the tub and slipped as she crawled to the door.

However, it was locked.

"Shit!" She slammed her hand on the wood "Ludwig? Gilbert? SOMEBODY HELP!"

She began to weep as the snake dropped to the tub. "SOMEBODY! PLEASE!" She kept hitting the door as she leaned on the wall.

"Oh my god...!" She cried as the snake slowly slinked towards her. Its piercing slit-eyes seemed to have been laughing at her. Its tongue sprout out several times as it neared her.

Someone shouted her name and the door fell off its hinges and down on the floor causing the snake to recoil backwards. Gilbert grabbed her and pulled her outside as Ludwig handled the reptile.

"Where is she?" Francis came running inside the room along with Toni, Alfred and Matthias.

"She's in my room with Ludwig" Gilbert gestured with his free hand as the other held a phone to his ear. Toni went inside to check on her.

"What happened?" Alfred approached the albino.

"She was taking a bath when a snake dropped from the vents. She wouldn't stop crying"

"A snake?" Matthias looked at him disbelievingly.

"It was a puff adder" Gilbert said.

"She's asleep" Toni came back "But I don't think she'll be having any good dreams after what happened"

"You guys know what this means, right?" Alfred was being uncharacteristically serious "First the bomb, now the snake—someone really is after her"

"Dear God" Francis rubbed his forehead.

Gilbert walked towards them, talking to someone on the phone.

"Good? Okay, bye" Gilbert put away the phone "That was Britain. He'll be here shortly with the cops"

Author's Note: You guys let your guard down for a minute there, didn't you? Thought that Reader-chan was safe. Well she's not. You guys know my first rule as a writer? "BE A SADIST" So prepare yourselves. Also... don't you just love it when they get all protective of her *ahem* you *ahem* leave a comment?   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 166 14
[OLD. NEW VERSION UNDER WAY.] One day, Alfred had mistakenly left his journal in the meeting room. He had left his stuff behind due to an emergency b...
81.7K 2.5K 44
WATTYS 2019 COMPLETED BOOK 1 *Tries to think cool quote from the book* 》"Yeah it really is beautiful" He said. "And now you are supposed to say some...
20.3K 462 8
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] This is my...
95K 3.8K 199
Hey Guys! (Former HetaWarts) AProudAsian here! 0W0 I have three series for this book and this happens to be number 2! Keep in mind that the jokes her...