Vanishing Crimson

By NothingButADreamer

At the age of 14, Kim and her sister, Alex, had lost their parents mysteriously in a ghost town. Now they jou... More

Vanishing Crimson
Introduction
Meeting the Old Man
Let us cry...
Misery
Happy Trip!!
Unexpected Turn
The Nightmare
The Hut
The Search
A Looong Talk
Prepare
In sight
The Ghost Town

Break a leg!

90 4 2
By NothingButADreamer

I was here, sitting on the sofa, watching the dagger I was holding.

I then thought of things. I thought about my lost locket. I thought about the unbelievably real experiences that happened and may happen. I thought about my vanished parents.

How can I get them back? I didn't even know how to or what to do. Even Trevor had limitations. I didn't even know how to discover the other mysteries here; I was so confused that I didn't know what to do first, or where to go. Sometimes, I get distracted and feel very disturbed and uncomfortable making me do very careless things. Just like what happened lately to my precious locket. I was getting crazy just thinking about it. But I thought, I had to be more worried about my parents, Alex, and Trevor, than being so depressed about a memento.

"Kim." Alex said with a low voice.

 "Sis?"

 "Let's go to the Ghost Town."

 "Are you ready? Aren't you afraid?"

 "We don't have to be afraid. Just like what you said, even if we die, it’s okay as long as we know what really happened. Or if we don’t, at least we tried."

 "Yeah, you're right sis." I smiled

We packed and packed for the whole hour. We were persistent to reach the Ghost Town. Even Trevor prepared his things, his golden dust, weapons, and bag. I brought some food in case we become hungry. I refilled three bottles of water. Placed the two in the sides of my bag, and the other one for Alex'.

After packing, Trevor secured the small door of his sister. Sprinkled golden dust to it. Put two fingers on his lips then pressed it to the door.

 "He loves his sister so much." I whispered to Alex.

 "Just how I love you" She responded with a kind smile. I smiled too, and it gave me strength. It washed all my fear and worries away.

 "I love you too sis!" I hugged her tightly, fighting my tears away.

 We finished packing our bag with our weapons and safety things.

 We planned for our walk for another hour. We talked and studied about the paths we will be going. 

 "Okay. Deal with it?" asked Trevor.

 "Yeah. I'm on." I agreed.

 "Not without me." Alex smiled. 

We stepped out of Trevor's house with poker faces. With my fear away, persistence and bravery stepped inside me. I know, we can do this. God will never leave us. 

We walked and walked, staying close to each other. Trevor focused on the road while walking and every five minutes, he would take glances on each of my sister and I, making sure we were safe. After a long distance walked, we reached our way to the forest.

 "We have to pass the forest. Be ready with yourselves." Trevor alarmed.

 "Is this the only way?" I asked.

 "Yes, this is the only way to the ghost town. We have to be careful, we can't tell when the creatures will attack us."

 "Oh, okay."                    

 You can only hear the noisy silence of the forest, the wind swooshing, the birds chirping sweetly and our own footsteps breaking the dried leaves on the ground.

I took a bottle of water from the right side of my bag, I was very thirsty and was sweating. But it was cold in this place. It's weird.

 Still we walked and walked, nothing encountered us. I felt safe and peaceful. Then Alex turned to me and asked, "What would you do if you saw mom and dad?"

 "I will hug them tightly, kiss them and say "I missed you.". I will bring them home and let them rest until they are okay enough to have a fun conversation with me. I won't make them sad; I'll just make them lively and happy and help them until I can. How about you sis?"

 "Me? I will tell them how stubborn you are."

 I just let out a little laugh when she said that. It amused me. She amused me always. 

Weeeeeeeeee 

"What's that sound?!" Alex was shocked.

"No! Watch out!" Trevor shouted.

Boulders were falling from the sky, big and small in sizes. When boulders drop on the ground, they will break into pieces and will burst into little fading flames! I was covering my mouth because of the great shock. Trevor quickly grabbed my sister and I to the direction of a big old tree.

 "How is this possible? How about the people living in this town? They'll die! We have to do something!" I freaked out.

 "This happens only in the forest, dropped by the invisible monstrous trees. This forest is cursed, when the creatures sensed your intention about the ghost town, they will do everything to stop you! Hold on to the roots of the visible trees, some unseen creatures might drag you!" explained by Trevor.

 "What? Why on the roots?! They might be dangerous too!" Alex asked.

 "The visible trees are the only creature that can be trusted in this forest! Once you've touched the roots, you'll stick to it and the creatures will not be able to grab you!"

 "How about the falling boulders?!" I shouted.

 "The thick layers of leaves of the visible trees will cover us! Don't worry!"

 "Aaaaaaah!! Not my leg!" Alex yelled. There was an invisible rope who tied itself around her leg and was trying to drag her away from us.

 "Noo! Trevor! Please do something!” I pleaded.

 He threw some golden dust to the invisible rope. The rope made a very loud noise, like a squeak, expressing its agony. The rope slowly became visible and finally, it revealed its appearance. It was a long thin leaf from an invisible tree!

 Then the creature slowly melted and burst into flames. The invisible trees were so angry that they threw all the boulders on the tree that covers us. After several minutes of deafening booms and blinding fires, the tree that shielded us wasn’t inflicted with any damage. The creatures stopped attacking, seemed like they gave up. I couldn't believe it. And we only got scrapes on our skin. The surroundings became silent again, the leaves flew everywhere. After a minute, the place was peaceful again as if nothing happened.

 We are hearing something scary again! As if it was an earthquake, but no. The tree that protected us was collapsing!

 "Quick! Away from this tree!" Trevor alarmed.

 The tree collapsed, the leaves turned to brown quickly, the trunks and branch curled down and turned into small flames and faded away as ashes that was carried away by the wind. I felt sorry for it. It sacrificed itself just to save us from death.

 "The creatures know their limitations. They stop attacking when they know they have no more power left. If they don't, they’d die. The effects of their attacks occur when everything becomes quiet again. Because when silence came after several attacks, the trees can rest and disappear forever." Trevor said sadly.

 "But why does it always run this way? Why do the things and people who protect us, have to die?" I nearly got teary eyes from what he said. But I needed to get over it, I needed to be brave, and I needed to accept it. Alex touched my shoulders and brushed my messy hair with her compassionate fingers.

 "Are you okay Kim?" She asked sincerely.

 "Uhmm, yes. Yes." I answered.

 Again, we walked in the forest. We continued walking and searching for the right path. Wind swooshing, birds chirping, our footsteps, and dried leaves breaking are the only things that made noise in the forest.

 "I thought, only bad things are in this forest. Why are there still some trees that protect us?" I suddenly asked.

 "It's my magic. I knew these would happen. By the way, can I ask for some water? Faster, please. I'm so thirsty." Trevor answered.

 "Oh, okay okay." With curiosity, I handed him his own bottled water on the left side of my bag. Immortals are like humans after all. They get thirsty sometimes. Hah.

 "Thanks." After a few gulps he returned the bottled water in my bag himself.

  We didn't stop walking, we're almost there. After several minutes, another noise was being heard by our ears. Sound of running. Yes! Running feet and shouting of agonizing Aaahs.

 "What's that again?!" Alex yelled.

 "Human like creatures! Once they've bitten you, you'll lose all your strength." Trevor explained.

There were so many of them running towards us! I stood still with my eyes wide. I didn't know what to do. What if they all bit me? I won't be able to save my parents. Alex will lose a sister.

 They all went to my direction. I was puzzled why they didn't chase Trevor and Alex.

 "I have to take her away! Are you insane?! We have to save her!" Alex, while being held back, shouted angrily at Trevor.

 "Nothing will happen to her. She'll be safe. Trust me."

 "I can't! Look at her situation now!"

 Now all these creatures are running towards me! I couldn't move my body. As if every shocking sight paralyzes me. I couldn't escape from my position. I was going to die. I was going to vanish.

 Wish me luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8 0 7
Maria fell in love which was strictly prohibited in her family and things took a turn when they moved into their new house, Maria began to notice a s...
429 44 30
Reagan spent her whole life suppressing the abilities she was born with, pretending they didn't exist, and shoving them to the back of her mind. If n...
6.7K 508 19
~~ Lainey O'Neil didn't want to move, especially after the death of her father. All that was familiar was being chipped away like the paint of what w...
885 117 25
A girl living an ordinary life without the ability to foresee the future; suddenly started having a dreams about deaths. And later, the people around...