The Monsters In Our Town

By Captsparkleyrainbow

After three strange deaths in the tiny town of Northrun, Alexander Henderson had an accident that landed her... More

01 // THE MAN NEXT DOOR //
02 // TANNING AND TOFFEE APPLES //
03 // WOLF IN THE WOODS //
04 // THE SUPERNATURAL OCCURANCE
05 // STUPID ANCHORS AND STUPID TRUTHS
06 // STREET RAT
07 // RAISING THE BET
08 // IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT
09 // BLACK DUSK PACK
10 // EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT
11 // REBIRTH
12 // ATTACKED BY A HOBO
13 // BANSHEES AND GOODBYES
14 // CAMPING TRIP FOR ONE
15 // GHOSTIFIED
16 // FBI HEADQUARTERS
17 // A BLOSSOMING ROMANCE
18 // BLOOD MAGIC
19 // BRANDED
20 // MASTER MONSTER HUNTER
21 // PLANS REVEALED
22 // STOLEN
23 // FRAGMENTED MEMORY
24 // STARTING FIGHTS
25 // NAGUAL
26 // DEATH OF A BELOVED
27 // THE WORST BIRTHDAY
28 // CONFESSIONS WHILE CAPTURED
29 // SLEEPOVER
30 // ATTACKED
31 // SURPRISES IN THE WOODS
32 // PARTY TIME
33 // COVERT OPERATIONS
35 // BROKEN
36 // SOULS
37 // SHOWDOWN
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU
LEGACY SNEAK PEAK

34 // THE ELEVENTH HOUR

44 4 3
By Captsparkleyrainbow

I woke up to the most chilling scream I'd ever heard, and lately I'd been hearing a lot of them. But this wasn't the normal kind. This was the kind that had both of my parents awake and hurrying into both mine and Jones' room to see if we were okay.

My father burst into my room and in the dim light that the window provided I could see that his eyes were wide with fear. 

"Thank god," he whispered and flicked the light on. "Come on, up you get Alex."

"W-What?" I stammered. 

"We need to go to the basement," He told me calmly, "we don't have a lot of time."

"We don't have a basement," I whined, 

"Alexander!" 

I felt my stomach drop at the sound of Blue's voice and my father noticed it. 

"We don't have time Alexander," he snapped and grabbed my wrist.

"Dad!" I snapped as he yanked me out of the bed. 

When he had managed to pull me into the hallway, I saw red coming through the windows. Which would have been normal had it been sunrise, but it wasn't. It couldn't be past three in the morning. 

"What is that?" I tried but he wasn't listening to me. He let me go and started tugging on the rug, which was absurd to me because there was no basement let alone a basement under the rug. As he did that, I hurried over to the window. Outside, there was a parade of people. 

What surprised me even more was that Blue, his Clan, Desire's pack and a lot more people were standing around too. The red was the sky, or what looked like the sky. As far as I could see, it was blood red. The light reflected off of Blue's face and flames were pouring out of his hands. 

"Lincoln!" Orlando screamed. I looked around for her, and she was standing closer to Blue's house. I looked above her, and there was three people being flung into the air. 

"Dad," I breathed. I looked back at him, and he was ushering my mother and Jones into a trap door. 

"Come on Alex," he ordered me. 

"Where's Lilith?" I asked.

"Her and Eve are already in there, now come on," he huffed. I nodded and started towards him, but at the last second I took a deep breath and shoved him down the hole. 

"I'm so sorry," I muttered and shut the door. I pushed the couch over it as quickly as I could, so that they couldn't get out, and then threw the front door open. I was hit with every sound imaginable. Screaming, crying, snarling, howling. 

I found Desire quickly and she looked shocked to see me. 

"I need you to knock Lincoln out for me," I told her. 

"Alex you need to get inside," she ordered me. "They're here for you."

"I know, but they can't do the spell if they don't have Lincoln or my family," I lied. "I know how the ritual works." 

"What-" she started.

"My family is in the basement under the couch," I interrupted her. "Put Lincoln in there with them, close it again and then send Blue after me."

"Alex-" she tried again.

"Desire," I huffed, "there is no time. Knock Lincoln out with your witchy hoodoo and put her under the couch. Kaiser will try to do the ritual, I'll be dead for a few minutes but I'll come back. He'll be weakened while transitioning and then Blue will be able to kill him."

I didn't wait for her to say anything else, I took off running towards the forest. As I ran through the hordes of villains, they took no notice of me. In fact, it was almost as though they cleared a path for me. 

"Alexander!" Blue screamed. I didn't look back, because I knew if I did then I wouldn't be able to do it. I kept running, running as fast as I could. I wasn't even entirely sure where I was running to honest. I just kept running. I wasn't sure how long I'd been going, but when I stopped and turned around I could see that the sky wasn't actually red. It was a dome around my house that was the color of blood. 

I was panting, and all I could do was stare back at my house. I wasn't going to see them anymore, not my brother or my parents or the sister that I barely knew. I didn't even know my niece was alive until a few weeks ago. 

I sighed and tried to catch my breath. 

I could still hear yelling coming from near my house, but the red was starting to disappear. Any minute now, Kaiser would be here and I would meet my death. I could feel my heart in my stomach and the cold started to get to me. 

I hadn't had time to change, so I was in a tank top and pajama shorts with no socks on, let alone shoes. I could feel the wet earth between my toes, and I could hear the crickets over the roar of the Supernaturals. 

I heard footsteps and knew exactly who it was... Only, why would Kaiser be running? I looked over and the first thing I saw was golden bulbs. 

"Blue," I gasped. Blue didn't stop running, he barreled into me and we toppled to the ground. "What are you doing here? You're ruining the plan."

"The plan?" He snarled and sat up so that he was sitting on me. I was sure it was to keep me from running away from him. "This is not the plan! I'm not going to lose you Alexander."

"This is the only way," I assured him and struggled to get him off of me. I tried to wiggle out from under him, but he pinned one of my hands to the ground above my head. I was about to say something else, but I noticed black lines creeping up Blue's neck. "Blue."

"Alexander," he hissed. 

"They're here," I whispered. Blue flinched and fell off of me. He scrambled to his feet in preperation for Kaiser and his mother. I could see him getting more twitchy until I could hear faint footsteps. I got to my feet and tried to wipe the dirt off the back of my legs. 

I saw Hannah first, her head of golden hair sticking out like a flame in the night. Blue's twitching got worse and I could see the tendrils of ink spiraling down Blue's arm.

"We meet again, Alexander," Kaiser sung as he appeared behind Hannah, "and you've brought the young Witch... Have you changed your mind then?"

"She was never goin-" Blue started. 

"No," I shook my head. "No one is going to die for me." 

"Your girlfriend is less selfish than you are, Bluey," Hannah mocked. Before I could say anything, flames began to pour out of Blue's hands. 

"Your father was a very jealous man too," Hannah smirked. 

That set Blue off.

Hannah screamed with laughter as she started running in the opposite direction. Blue took off after her, leaving Kaiser and I alone. Which I suppose was the plan, Blue would never allow me to be killed if he was around. 

Kaiser stepped forward and pressed his index and middle finger to my forehead. 

"Once you have your power back, do you promise to leave Northrun, and everyone in it?" I asked. 

"I don't want my powers for evil Alexander," he told me, "I give justice in a sense."

"In a sense," I scoffed.

"I only kill those who have wronged me," he assured me. I stepped away from him, and his green eyes held mine. 

"What did Jenny do to you? Or Judy? And Claire and Annabeth?" I tried to sound confident, or menacing at the very least. But I was on the verge of tears and it was a bit hard to do either of those while you felt like you were drowning. "Even Rod and Dean. Tommen, the FBI agent because I know that you killed him. You're the reason that my cousin is a Hybrid and-"

"All in good time," he nodded and pressed his fingers to my forehead again. "But I need you to do something for me at the moment."

"Just kill me and get it over with," I huffed. Kaiser whispered words that I was able to pick up.

Monstro quod absconditum fuit.

There was a bright light, and instead of Kaiser standing there, it was Hannah. It wasn't dark anymore either, there were streaks of sunlight pouring in through the canopy of trees and washing over her.

Hannah was shorter than I was, and she had slender arms. She had small features too. Small, wide, sea foam blue eyes, thin lips that always looked pursed and a small nose that flicked at the end. Her hair, golden in the sunlight, flowed down her shoulders in waves. 

"Would you kill Blue?" I asked, but it wasn't me asking. I turned around and I was standing there... Well not me, but it was like I was looking in a mirror. But the reflection had a conscious. 

"I could never kill my son," Hannah sighed. "Why do you think I branded him?"

"Why do you want him dead?" I checked. 

"I'm afraid that he is like his father," she shrugged. 

"That's incredible," I scoffed. "You killed his father, your husband, and stole his power."

"Ah yes," she chuckled, "I almost forgot about that. Blue's father was never honest with him, Alex. To be fair, I was never honest with him either. After his father left him, I searched for Blue for years. I couldn't find him though. Every time I thought I was close, it's like he would disappear with the wind."

"But... He said-" I started.

"Yes, yes, Blue said this and Blue said that," Hannah rolled her eyes, "but Blue doesn't know what his father was. Not even I knew what he was."

"So you killed him?" I frowned. 

"I never killed my husband," Hannah assured me, "he's still alive. Kaiser locked him away somewhere so that... If there ever came a time when we knew what he was, maybe I would be able to help him. The truth is in Blue's eyes."

"Then why do you antagonize Blue?" I asked. "If you love him so much, why harass him?"

"I need to know," Hannah mumbled. "James was always triggered by anger. It was only little things that would set him off. If I changed the hair products without telling him, or if I didn't do the laundry every second day."

"But you've seen Blue angry," I tried, "surely you would know if he is what his dad is."

"I know," she smiled, "I see the way he acts around you. James wasn't capable of love, but Blue is. I see it every time he looks at you."

"Why don't you tell him?" I checked. "Then you don't have to fight all the time."

"Blue would never believe me," she answered, "he's spent his whole life hating me, believing that I'm some kind of monster. Which, I mean, isn't too far from the truth."

"He'll listen to me," I told her quickly, "I could talk to him! I could tell him that-"

Hannah spat words, and then she was Kaiser again. Kaiser looked different, he had a look in his eye and I could almost call it sadness.

"You need to stop the little Witch," Kaiser begged me, "he needs to know about his parents."

I nodded and started running the way that Blue had gone. I ran as fast as I could, begging that I would catch them in time. I wasn't sure how the vision worked. If it had stopped time, then I knew that I would be able to stop Blue. But if all that time had been wasted...

I pushed myself to go faster. I heard the wind whip as I sped past and dodged trees. I needed to stop him.

"Blue!" I screamed. "Blue, stop!" 

Up ahead, I could see light coming through and reflecting off water.

The lake.

I slowed down, because I could see Blue. He was walking towards me, stumbling. His fist was clenched around something, and behind him I could see Hannah laying on the ground. She didn't have golden blonde hair anymore, it was red.

"Blue," I whispered. His breathing was heavy and he dropped whatever was in his hand. I held my arms out for him and he fell into them. 

"I killed her," he chocked out, "I killed her. I should be happy. She's dead and my brand will disappear... So why do I feel like she was the one who killed me?" 

"Blue I need to tell you something," I mumbled. Before I could start telling him what I knew, he started shaking. It took me a second to realize that he wasn't shaking, he was sobbing. "I need to tell you that... That I love you."

He squeezed me even tighter, and I shoved everything that I knew to the back of my mind.

A/N

Hey lads and ladies and everything in between. So my best friend ( KingVoid ) just uploaded her first book, Paranoia. It would really help her out if you could go and give it a read and maybe throw down a vote. Keep in mind, it's her first book so helpful (not mean) criticism please.

Vote - Comment - Follow
Stay groovy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 301 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
12.3K 208 40
Alexandra Psyche Henderson, better known as Psyche, went missing when she was just day's old. A hundred and fifty years later she is living as a norm...
35.7K 2.3K 51
Phillip is awkward at best. His hair's a mess, his style more than dated, and when it comes to picking up women, he fails every time. Phillip thinks...
212 60 20
Aurora is a new 18-year-old student in her final year in high school. Her school is located close to the deep wild forest where wild wolves live. Aft...