Denying Love for the Enemy (L...

By cloudeight

A love story between two women - both great warriors and enemies in battle. Rina possesses great skill with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue

Chapter 8

18.1K 521 57
By cloudeight

Yay, the Yuuna x Rina scenes are still on there way ~

:-D  I hope you like

New Perspective
POV Rina

I wait for the sword to come down, expecting myself to see oblivion and end life as I know it.  Until I hear a voice screaming to stop, no, not any voice... her voice.  A figure kneels in front of me, protecting me from harms way.  Yuuna, she's begging for my life and it works.  I've never been so close to actually dying and I've never been so relieved at the same time.  My life is going in loops.

The Demon Lady sheaths her katana and turns to leave with her two guards.

"Can you stand?" she asks.

I use my little energy to lift myself from the ground.  My legs are still a bit shaken from what just happened.  I steady myself.  "Yep, apparently I still can."

"This way" she says and begins to walk down a gravel path.  I follow close behind with my hands still tied behind my back.

After long seconds of silence I finally interrupt, "Thank you for what you did back there."

"I was merely repaying my debt," she states matter of factly.

"Well, thank you for being honorable then," I reword my gratitude.

".... You're welcome," she finally accepts and begins to walk a little faster.

We continue walking down the path until we reach a village.  I can see many busy bodies of civilians and soldiers going about there business.  It's like watching ants, each and every one productive and focussed to a accomplish a larger task.  As we walk through, I notice that it's very different compared to the high tech headquarter 3.  Children were still playing with wooden swords in the open grass, trees were tall, and flowers were abundant.  It was definitely a scenery I was not accustomed to but somehow oddly nostalgic.

"We're here," she interrupts my state of awe.

"Where?" I snap back into reality.  Before us, was a long one story house in the outer skirts of the village we just walked by. 

"This is the place I conduct my work and train, and also where you will be staying," she says.

I'm so confused. I was expecting some sort of prison or horse stable at best. You know, the type of places that make sleeping a living hell, with food being borderline inedible?  And this woman is inviting me into a pretty nice looking house? Did I miss something here? Not that I wouldn't mind...

"Whaa...what? Are you sure this is the smartest idea?" I ask in surprise.

She cocks an eyebrow. "We do not have prisons and you are my responsibility now.  If you try to escape, you have to kill me, which I assure you will not happen and there are many in the village who can fight. And even if you manage to get that far, you cannot navigate your way out of Hiratana territory.  Your chances are impossible."  She says it like a fact and it's true.  She slides the door open and removes her sandals.  I do the same and enter.

Headquarter 3

"Mr. Eros! Could you elaborate on how this could have happened?!?!" screamed Master Law.  He had heard the news of Rina's disappearance and came rushing to headquarter 3. 

"Our units were ambushed and she must have been a victim of the attack. Only a minor setback." Master Eros' replied more like a question.

"Minor?! This 'ambush' will set us back a whole week! Our plans are askew and SHE is gone, you know Mr. Eros, what she is worth!? I do not give you my best to kill off!" Master Law was losing his cool demeanor. 

"Forgive me, Master Law.  Wha...what shall we do?" Master Eros says fearfully.

"You mean, what shall I do.  I will bring my troops to Hiratana's border - which will take about a fortnight.  You will go to your troops and push forward for the time being." Master Law says with some thought.

"Me? You mean me and my troops alone? That's suicide!" Master Eros' voice clear with panic now.

"Yes, Mr. Eros, you will go and I will stay here and conduct further plans.  Do we have a problem?" Master Law says threateningly.

"No...not at all Master Law."  Master Eros turns to leave the room sadly knowing that he is headed into a suicide mission.

A New Way of Life
POV Rina

I rub my wrists where the ropes had left a mark.  Yuuna's office or dojo as she put it, is pretty nice and spacious.  I lie down on my back, looking up at the short ceiling.  I recount the crazy events leading up to now and how in the world I escaped death.  More importantly, how I now get to spend quality time with Yuuna.  I can't help smile at the thought.  Unfortunately, she had to leave early in the morning to meet Demon Lady and I'm stuck here... alone and friggin' hungry. 

"Hurry up and come back!" I yell to no one in particular.

Right when I yell, I hear the door slide open and Yuuna enter with a small table of food.  Talk about perfect timing...

"Loud and troublesome even in the morning, I see." Yuuna looks at me sprawled out on the floor.  She kneels on the polished wood of the dojo and places the table of food to the side.

I quickly sit up. "So, what did Demon Lady say?" 

"You will address her as Lady Shima." She glares at me and continues. "We have spoken and set conditions for your stay.  Firstly, you will not be allowed in the village without an escort and secondly, your stay shall last until we figure out what to do with you.  Mind you, if you cause any trouble, you will be killed on site." 

"Oh...how morbid.  Well on the bright side, what's for lunch?" I smile at the food.  I slide over to the table to take a better look. 

Surprisingly, the proportions are more generous than I expected and the food is plain and simple.  It was a bowl of rice, root vegetables on the side, and a fish. 

I see her start to get up to leave.  "Wait." I reach out to grab her sleeve but instead I touch her hand.  She removes her hand out of reach immediately, a little stunned at the contact. I pretend to ignore my action and ask, "Will you not join me for lunch?"

"Umm... I prefer to eat in my home," she replies hesitantly.

"And where do you live?" I probe.

"Just across from the dojo..." She quickly stops to cover her mouth.  I don't think she intended to let me know... but too late now.

"Well if you don't stay for lunch, perhaps you can give me a tour of the village? You cannot possibly keep me here to rot for eternity. Plus, I am your responsibility right?" I smile inwardly as I take advantage of her situation.

"I...I guess that's reasonable..." she replies reluctantly.

"Okay, I'll see you in twenty." I say excitedly.

"In...twenty?" she looks perplexed.

"Twenty minutes" I chuckle.

"Oh!" she says with the cutest expression.  She gets up hurriedly and leaves.

I begin to eat happily anticipating our time together.

 ___________________________________________

POV Yuuna

She is unbelievable!  She is demanding MY company when SHE is the prisoner!  And how strangely she talks! In twenty???  How am I suppose to just know what that means? She should learn to complete her sentences, this is a common rule of language.  Are all Orthion soldiers this uneducated? I sigh heavily.

I look down at the hand she touched.  I feel a tingling sensation through my body. "She is so... strange."

Then I see the door slide open and the Orthion woman run out of the dojo.  She is screaming my name but suddenly she trips and falls face first onto the dusty ground.  She has the grace of a bear....and her femininity is non-existent.

"I'm ready when you are," she says as she shakes the dust off her clothing.

I have nothing good to say, so I simply turn and begin the long, dreading tour.

"This village is called Hanabi, it is the capital of Hiratana.  It has been around for 100 years since its discovery by one of Lady Shima's early ancestors.  She is the fourth descendant and third ruler." I recite the history of Hanabi village.

"Third ruler? Shouldn't she be fourth?" she asks deductively.

"No, Lady Shima's older sister was to be the next ruler but she died when the village was burned down thus, passing the throne to Lady Shima," I sadly recall the devastating fire when I was a young girl.

"Oh... the death of a family member is hard," she gives her sympathies.

"Mhmmm" I simply nod.

There is a bit of awkward silence.  Then she walks pass me to the bridge and looks over the railing.

"Oooh! The fish are so colorful!" she says with excitement.  I cannot help but think that she reminds me of a little child.

I walk over beside her and look down.  I have always known that the fish were colorful but I never actually stopped to appreciate them.  I guess to an Orthion, it would be exciting.  I relax a bit and smile at the scenery.

Then she turns her head to rest on her arm.  Her gaze shifts from the fish to me.  Forget about relaxing, it is utterly impossible around her.

"Yuuna, is everything here this beautiful?" she says in a soft tone. I cannot help but wonder who or what that question is directed at.  I can't stop the blood from rushing to my cheeks.

"Mother nature is always beautiful with care..." I mumble and look away.  Why does she make me so uncomfortable?!

"Ahaha you speak so eloquently!" she laughs and begins to walk back from where we came. 

I don't know if I can handle her I think to myself before catching up to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 11 6
At a secluded temple dedicated to the goddess Ioerenia, cleric-in-training Rina has dedicated the last 23 years of her life to becoming an official m...
1.5K 62 23
Rina is a young woman from the Shirai Ryu clan as a warrior expected to protect Earthrealm but her world shatters as her home and family gets destroy...
660 60 20
In a shocking twist of fate, the unprepared Princess Vivienne of the Azalea Kingdom is suddenly forced onto the throne and shoved into the midst of a...