The Chaser and the Keeper (A...

By Failed_and_Forgotten

[COMPLETED] James Potter and Kristen Wood have hated each other for years. Being the two best quidditch play... More

The Chaser and the Keeper (A HP Next Gen Story)
1 ► The Beginnings of Hatred
2 ► The Plan
3 ► The Game That Would Never Be Forgotten
4 ► The Aftermath
5 ► Living with the Consequences
6 ► Waking Up to Reality
7 ► Apologizing
8 ► Trying to Stay Strong
9 ► Hope
10 ► A new side of James
11 ► A Surprise in Diagon Alley
12 ► The Book and the Train
13 ► Quidditch Tryouts
14 ► Epiphanies and Awkwardness
15 ► Battling Again
16 ► More than Friends
17 ► Snowball Fights and Second Base
18 ► The Broom Closet
19 ► Tears and Fists
20 ► Siblings and Friends
21 ► Admitting the Truth
22 ► Christmas At The Weasley's
23 ► The Party
24 ► New Years Eve
25 ► The Secret Admirer
26 ► Playing Hufflepuff
27 ► Valentine's Day
28 ► Crazy Bludgers
29 ► Asking For Help
30 ► Maybe She Fancies Him
31 ► The Chamber of Secrets
32 ► Returning
33 ► Intervention
34 ► Giving Love a Shot
35 ► A Sibling Conversation
36 ► Permission
37 ► The Quidditch Cup

38 ► Happy Endings

9K 219 134
By Failed_and_Forgotten

Every person on the pitch or in the crowd stared at the two of them. Most of them had been at the game last year and knew how much these two hated each other. Yet here they were, kissing in the middle of the quidditch pitch. This was definitely not something that had been expected.

Camera flashes went off from all over the place. No doubt there was going to be an article about the two of them in the Dailey Prophet or maybe some other book. However, Kristen Wood and James Potter didn't really care. They were together and that was all that mattered.

***

"Andrew Wood?" a man asked approaching Andrew.

"Yeah, that's me," Andrew replied.

"I'm Royce Carmen, the owner of the Appleby Arrows. The way you played was phenomenal, especially that goal on the keeper. I was wondering if you would be interested in playing as a reserve chaser on my team."

Andrew's eyes went wide. He'd always loved quidditch, but had figured if anyone was going to make a career out of it in his family it was going to be Kristen. He couldn't believe he was getting offered a position, even if it was just as a reserve. This was the opportunity of a life time.

"I most definitely would," Andrew replied smiling.

"That's great," Royce stated, "I'll send you the contract in the next couple days via owl."

"Sounds good."

They shook hands and went their separate ways. Andrew looked around the pitch. It seemed James was still kissing Kristen. He turned away, kind of disgusted. Soon his eyes found Taylor's and he headed her way. Like him, she was grinning extremely wide.

"You look quite happy considering we just lost the game," Andrew pointed out as he approached her.

"Well, you are looking at the new reserve keeper for Falmouth Falcons," Taylor replied smiling, "You yourself look quite happy as well."

"I'm a new reserve chaser for the Appleby Arrows."

"That's wonderful! We're both going to be professional quidditch players!"

She kissed him and he kissed her back. Considering they had lost the house cup, the day was going quite fabulously.

***

"So it looks like James and Kristen are officially together," Jessica stated, approaching Fred, "I believe you owe me 10 galleons."

"We don't know that they are together for sure, though," Fred pointed out, "Maybe he's asking her to be snog buddies."

"After all the crap he went through to get with her? I highly doubt that."

"It's still a possibility."

Fred sighed in defeat. He had lost the bet.

"There's only one problem," he said, "I don't have 10 galleons."

"What do you mean you don't have 10 galleons?" Jessica asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"I bet Louis about when Andrew and Taylor would get together. I didn't think they'd get together until Valentine's Day. I was proven wrong and lost my money."

Jessica sighed, shaking her head.

"Can I pay you in kisses instead?" Fred asked.

"I guess so," Jessica replied, smiling.

Happy to pay up immediately, Fred leaned in and kissed his girlfriend. Fred thought that he and Jessica should use kisses instead of money in bets from now on.

***

"You did a wonderful job announcing," Alyssa heard from behind her.

She turned around to see Louis standing there smiling.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed it," Alyssa replied, "Even if your team did lose."

"Oh well," Louis stated, "It doesn't look like the team is very upset anyway."

He motioned to the field where several people were kissing. It was quite odd to be honest, but unbelievably adorable at the same time.

"I say we join them," Alyssa stated, leaning and gently pressing her lips to his.

***

"That was an awesome game Kailey," Jason stated, "Especially when you caught the snitch at the end."

"You made some really great plays too," Kailey added.

"I didn't score at all, though."

"That doesn't matter. We played as hard as we could and we ended up on top. We played the game by the book."

"How about we do something off the book though?"

Kailey looked at him slightly confused, not knowing what he was talking about. Then she saw his eyes close and his lips move towards hers. At the moment, she couldn't think of something she'd rather be doing, so she leaned in as well and their lips touched. Jessica had been right all those months ago during the first match they played against Gryffindor that year. Jason did like her, and maybe, Kailey liked him as well.

***

Tony Roberts, Garret Burke, and Alex Milton sat in the stands watching the events on the field. Like they had promised at the end of the previous season, they had come to every single one of Ravenclaw's games. It was a strange feeling watching the new team. However, they had to admit that the team was just as good as the one they had been on the year before.

"Now that is not something I was expecting," Alex stated, pointing to Kristen and James.

"Kristen Wood and James Potter together after what happened last year," Garret said, "I don't think anyone expected that."

"A lot must have happened between them this year," Tony stated.

"Not just them," Alex pointed out, "Take a look at all that snogging going on out there."

"Jessica Thomas and Fred Weasley; I think most people could see that coming though. She's seemed to fancy him for years."

"Taylor Finnegan and Andrew Wood are a couple I didn't see coming, but I think they're cute together," Garret continued.

"Besides Kristen and James, I would have to say the most shocking couple is Kailey and Jason," Alex stated.

"He's liked her for a while. It was a bit obvious to tell."

The three of them got up and started making their way down to the pitch, still discussing their friend's love lives.

***

"Rose!" a shout came from behind her.

She turned around to see Scorpius running towards her. He had a huge smile on his face. When he reached her, he slowed down to a stop, and gently put his hands in hers.

"Our parents-"Rose started to protest, knowing how pissed her dad would be if he saw this.

"Who cares?" Scorpius asked.

Rose smiled. She was going to be a bit rebellious today.

"Not me," Rose replied, and pressed her lips against his.

***

"What the bloody hell is Scorpius Malfoy doing kissing Rose?" Ron asked angrily, standing from his seat.

"Oh calm down, Ronald," Hermione stated, "Let the kids have some fun."

***

"Savannah," Hugo said as he approached her, "That was an awesome goal, even if it was scored against Gryffindor."

"Hi Hugo," Savannah said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "Thanks."

"Can you believe all these older kids? They can't keep their hands off of each other!"

Savannah looked around. There sure were a lot of couples snogging. She saw James and Kristen, Andrew and Taylor, Jessica and Fred, Louis and Alyssa. She even saw Rose and Scorpius snogging, something she was sure would cause Rose's father to freak out.

"I guess you can say love is in the air," Savannah stated, "They all seem quite happy. I mean, whoever thought that-"

Savannah never got the chance to finish that sentence because before she knew it, Hugo Weasley had pressed his lips to her. This was her first kiss and she thought it was quite wonderful. He tasted like chocolate.

***

"It's about time that Kristen and James got together," Samantha stated as she and Drake stood hand in hand watching the events on the field.

"Yeah, and look at all the other couples too. Isn't that Kailey and Jason snogging?" Drake asked.

"I think so. I believe that Savannah Wood is snogging Hugo Weasley. They make an interesting couple, but it's cute. Andrew is not going to be very happy though."

"He's too busy snogging Taylor to notice at the moment though."

Both of them cracked up. Drake turned to face her.

"I think I'm the luckiest Hufflepuff out there," he stated.

"Why is that?" Samantha asked.

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders, but I don't think most Hufflepuffs could even dream of finding someone as amazing as you."

Samantha smiled and blushed. That was hands down the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," Drake whispered back.

With that, they gently kissed, knowing that this was probably the happiest moment of their lives.

***

Kristen and James pulled away from each other, smiling. That moment had been amazing.

"'Love be our token; love be yours and love be mine'," James recited quietly, "Christina Rossetti."

Kristen's eyes widened. For months she had wondered who her secret admirer was. She had actually hoped that it was James who had been writing her the notes. However, Kristen was unsure that James was capable of doing something so sweet and romantic. Now, she had no doubt in her mind. James Sirius Potter was no longer the asshole she had originally thought he was.

"So you know how someone gave that anonymous comment to Skeeter about the two of you having sexual tension?" Fred asked, walking over with Jessica at his side, "Well that was me. I believe that I was right."

James and Kristen rolled their eyes. She remembered the day on the train months ago when she thought that she wanted to kill whoever had said that. However, she didn't find herself getting angry at Fred. That was because she no longer thought it was such a bad thing for people to think that her and James Potter belonged together.

***

The game had not turned out in the way some had expected. However, to the majority of the people in and watching the match that day, that didn't matter. People had figured out where they were going to go in life. People had found happiness with the people they were with on the pitch. Everyone was happy, and that was all that mattered. Win or lose, life goes on. In the end, it doesn't matter if you were a Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin. It didn't matter who ended up winning the quidditch cup. Happiness and love had prevailed.

***
Note: Aaannnddd we're done! Thanks for sticking around folks! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.6K 44
The yearly Hogwarts Quidditch trophy is a legacy handed from Quidditch Captain to Quidditch Captain. Only the best teams achieve winning this price...
16.1K 502 15
Percy Weasley and Oliver Wood has always been bestfriends, maybe even more than that. They have feelings for each other but none of them confesses th...
12K 284 12
Camilla Wood is the daughter of Oliver Wood. She's the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and is the twin sister of Thomas Wood. What happens w...
181K 4.4K 61
When Ingrid Ferguson becomes the Captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team she meets Oliver Wood. He's competitive, annoying and might want to work on...