The Chaser and the Keeper (A...

By Failed_and_Forgotten

[COMPLETED] James Potter and Kristen Wood have hated each other for years. Being the two best quidditch play... More

The Chaser and the Keeper (A HP Next Gen Story)
1 ► The Beginnings of Hatred
2 ► The Plan
3 ► The Game That Would Never Be Forgotten
4 ► The Aftermath
5 ► Living with the Consequences
6 ► Waking Up to Reality
7 ► Apologizing
8 ► Trying to Stay Strong
9 ► Hope
10 ► A new side of James
11 ► A Surprise in Diagon Alley
12 ► The Book and the Train
13 ► Quidditch Tryouts
14 ► Epiphanies and Awkwardness
15 ► Battling Again
16 ► More than Friends
17 ► Snowball Fights and Second Base
18 ► The Broom Closet
19 ► Tears and Fists
20 ► Siblings and Friends
21 ► Admitting the Truth
22 ► Christmas At The Weasley's
23 ► The Party
24 ► New Years Eve
25 ► The Secret Admirer
26 ► Playing Hufflepuff
27 ► Valentine's Day
28 ► Crazy Bludgers
29 ► Asking For Help
30 ► Maybe She Fancies Him
32 ► Returning
33 ► Intervention
34 ► Giving Love a Shot
35 ► A Sibling Conversation
36 ► Permission
37 ► The Quidditch Cup
38 ► Happy Endings

31 ► The Chamber of Secrets

6.4K 185 143
By Failed_and_Forgotten

Spring break had come and gone and it was now the middle of April. In a month, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw would be playing each other for the quidditch cup. Both of the houses desperately wanted the cup. Gryffindor wanted to show that they could beat Ravenclaw without cheating. Ravenclaw wanted to continue winning.

Early that day, James had told Kristen that he had managed to find a recording of his dad saying something in Parseltongue and that he should be able to open the chamber. Kristen was a bit nervous about going in the chamber to be honest. What if for some reason they couldn't get out of the chamber and were trapped in there forever? What if another monster had taken up residency within the chamber?

However, she wasn't going to let James know how nervous she was. She was going to put on a brave face and act like she was perfectly fine with it. James and Kristen had agreed to meet outside the Ravenclaw common room at midnight. That was where she was when she felt a hand tap her on the shoulder.

Kristen jumped, startled by the sudden touch. She spun around, expecting it to be James, but no one was there.

"James?" she asked hesitantly, "Are you here?"

Suddenly she found herself unable to talk and realized that a silencing charm had been used on her. Now she was really scared. Maybe it would be best to just go back inside the Ravenclaw common room and go with James some other night. She started heading towards the door, but suddenly she was being levitated in the air.

She struggled to get free. She longed to be back in the common room where she would be less likely to be attacked. She couldn't even see who was attacking her. All of a sudden, the levitating spell was lifted, and she came falling to the ground. She pulled out her wand, hoping she'd have time to cast a spell on herself before she smashed into the ground. However, instead of the ground, she fell into a pair of strong arms.

Looking up, she realized that James was holding her. Realizing that he was holding his best friend's sister in his arms, he quickly put her down, and covered both of them with some sort of cloak.

"I'll lift the silencing charm, but you have to promise not to start screaming," James whispered.

Kristen nodded and soon found that she was able to talk again.

"What the fuck was that for?" Kristen angrily asked in a whispered tone.

"I found it quite funny," James replied, showing her a cocky grin.

"Well it wasn't."

"Were you scared?"

"Of course I wasn't scared. I just really don't like be attacked in the middle of the night with no one around. How did I know you weren't some former death eater trying to kill me?"

James laughed at this.

"Kristen, you are too funny," he stated, "Now, how about you lead the way to the chamber?"

She led him towards the entrance of the chamber, choosing not to speak to him. She was very angry about what he had done. A couple minutes later, they entered the girl's lavatory where Moaning Myrtle lived.

"That's where the entrance is," Kristen said, pointing towards the sinks in the center of the room.

"That doesn't really look like an entrance," James pointed out.

"Go up to the thing and play the recording. It should work."

James listened to her. Once the recording had played, the sinks started shifting and a hole in the floor appeared.

"So we just go through here?" James asked.

"I guess so," Kristen replied.

"Harry, is that you?" a voice asked.

"No, I'm his son," James replied, as Moaning Myrtle came into view.

"Who did he end up marrying?"

"Ginny Weasley."

Moaning Myrtle didn't look too thrilled about the news.

"I met him when he went into the Chamber to save her," Myrtle stated, "You look a lot like him. I'll make you the same offer I made your dad. You can share my toilet if you die down there."

"That's disgusting," Kristen muttered, before saying, "I'll see you at the bottom, James."

With that, she jumped down the hole, leaving James staring after her.

"Looks like someone is jealous," Myrtle giggled.

James's heart skipped a beat. Could that really be possible? Could Kristen Wood really be jealous that Myrtle was flirting with him?

"You really think so?" James asked excitedly, before adding, "I'm sorry, Myrtle, but I will have to decline your offer."

With that, he jumped into the hole in the ground, leaving Moaning Myrtle staring after him. He went sliding down this large pipe like thing. When he reached the bottom, he came flying out. However, his landing was not as hard as he thought it would be.

"Get off of me!" he heard Kristen exclaim from underneath him.

He quickly got off of her. He reached out his hand to help her up but she ignored it, deciding to rise to her feet on her own.

"So where do we go now?" James asked.

"I guess we just follow the tunnel. The Chamber shouldn't be too far away," Kristen replied.

They walked in silence for a little while. About 500 feet later, they came to a door with snakes all over it. James played the recording again, and the door soon swung open. They hurried inside. The Chamber was rather large with snake carvings and statues all over the place. That wasn't too surprising though, considering it was built by Salazar Slytherin.

"It was in here that your dad destroyed the diary and saved your mum's life," Kristen explained, "He also killed the Basilisk that lived here. I'm assuming that's what all the bones are from."

"How many people have been inside here?" James asked, continuing to look around.

Kristen thought about this for a moment. The number was probably pretty low, considering someone had to be able to speak Parseltongue in order to get inside it.

"Let's see: Salazar Slytherin, Voldemort, Harry and Ginny Potter, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ron and Hermione Weasley," Kristen said, using her fingers, "Probably not too many other people."

"You forgot me and you," James pointed out.

"I thought that was implied, considering we're currently standing in the chamber."

"Have you noticed that a lot of the people who were in the chamber together ended up together?"

Kristen blushed, even though she tried not to. That had been one of the first things she had thought of upon entering the chamber.

"I guess the hardships faced during that time brought them together," Kristen stated.

"Maybe the chamber brings them together?" James asked, taking a step towards her.

"That's a possibility."

As James took a never step closer to her, Kristen could feel her heart beating fast. She could hear him breathing, that's how close together they were. She looked him the eyes and then he brought his lips down to hers. Their lips seemed to fit together perfectly and both of them could feel their hearts beating faster and faster.

Then it was over. He pulled away and started walking towards the exit to the chamber.

"Oh Merlin, what did I just do?" he asked himself, "Merlin's pants, I just kissed her. Andrew is going to freaking kill me. Why the hell did I just do that?"

He sprinted through the exit, leaving Kristen staring after him.

"Well, this really sucks," she sighed before heading out of the chamber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 1.6K 44
The yearly Hogwarts Quidditch trophy is a legacy handed from Quidditch Captain to Quidditch Captain. Only the best teams achieve winning this price...
4M 223K 42
To say that Oliver Wood had a slight obsession with Quidditch was an understatement. It was borderline unhealthy. He loved the sport, but he hated lo...
63.1K 1.3K 52
James Potter has always hated everything about Mariya Seratova: she's blunt, unapologetic, and worst of all she's a Slytherin. She stands for everyth...
66.2K 2.6K 22
We left Serena and Oliver thinking they would have a happy ever after, but in the world of Harry Potter, those are sometimes hard to find. Serena and...