The girl who cried wolf (R ra...

By misspiggy88

When Mia's mother is killed she dicovers she is not quite human, she's half Lycan. Rescued by the family she... More

The girl who cried wolf: Prologue
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter One
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter four
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter six
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter seven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eight
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter nine
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Ten
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter eleven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twelve
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fourteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fifteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Sixteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Seventeen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eighteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Nineteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-one
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-four
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-Seven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-eight
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-nine
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-one
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter thirty three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty four
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty six
The girl who cried wolf: Epilogue
Follow me and see into my world Social media links

The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-six

7.3K 183 11
By misspiggy88

Chapter Twenty-six

(Tyler’s POV)

     I hated leaving her with him but she was right it would make a great distraction. I just felt bad, I told her I’d never let him touch her and then I leave them together. I didn’t like the look his eyes when he saw her, they were full of lust. I just had to hope she knew what she was doing and that Faith and Antonio could get to her quick enough if she needed them. I slowly walked through the woods trying to pick up a certain scent. So far I couldn’t find it anywhere, although me worry about Mia was distracting me a little. Also if someone doesn’t want to be found it usually makes it harder. I knew this part of the plan would probably be the hardest but I never expected it to be this difficult. The longer and longer it was taking the more wound up I was getting. After a few more minutes I found myself back by the spring-water pool. I walked over towards a log by the water’s edge and sat down. Everything was just so messed up; it was all becoming so difficult. This was first time that I was really in charge of anything, I had sort of become the leader of my own little group and it was overwhelming. Even with faith being older than me I still felt as though I was the only one was willing to do what was right for the pack. I know that if things hadn’t have happened the way they had in the past, I would have been an alpha one day. If Hope hadn’t have been attacked, my dad would have taken over from my dad and then I would take over from him. I knew I had alpha blood running through my veins but at the same time it all just seemed a little unreal. I wasn’t a leader; I was the joker, the fun one. Yes most of that was an act but sometimes it’s nice not to have the responsibility of it all. I knew if I couldn’t pull this off then a lot of people could get hurt or killed. I knew that after all this was over I would never be the same again.

****************

(Luca’s POV)

     Time has no meaning to me anymore. I’d been sat down here for hours, days and week’s maybe, who knows. My wounds were starting heal a little bit, not much but it’s a start. Layla had been silent since the realisation of who her father was. To be honest it had taken me aback as well, to suddenly realise I had a niece I knew nothing about. Not so long ago I wanted nothing more than to kill her, Christ a couple of days ago I wanted to hurt her when she told me people were coming for Mia. Part of me still hated her a little bit but part of me just wanted to protect her. She had a terrible childhood; in fact she was still a child really, thanks to my piece of shit older brother. The silence was getting me; the emptiness was getting to me. I wanted to feel part of something again, I needed it. It killed me to know that my own flesh and blood was feeling this way. I hated knowing that she felt alone, that she had felt alone so much in her life. I needed to make things right, I know it’s not my job to make things right but I need to. I know now that my arse of brother poisons everything around him. I needed to save her, I needed to show her what life was supposed to be like. I need to show the real meaning of family.

     “I don’t need saving.” I heard Layla whisper.

    “Excuse me?” I asked confused.

     “I don’t need saving.” She repeated.

     “I didn’t say anything.” I replied.

     “You might not have said anything but I still heard you.” she said.  

I looked up at blankly trying to get my head around what she was telling me.

      “Like I said I didn’t say anything, there was nothing for you hear.” I said.

     “And I like I said you might not have said you didn’t have to say anything, I still heard you. And you’re right it not your job to make things right.” I said finally lifting her head to look at me.

My eyes grew wide as I heard the words; I was thinking moments ago, leave her lips. How on earth could she have known what I thinking. This wasn’t the first time that she seemed to know exactly what I was thinking.

     “I don’t understand how could you even…” I said before she cut me off.

     “I can hear your thoughts.” She said looking me right in the eyes.

     “But that’s impossible.” I replied.

     “Well I don’t know what to tell you, except it is possible and I can.” She replied looking down again.

     “So you’re telling me that you can read minds?” I asked still a little unsure or not to believe her.

     “Yes and you don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to.” She replied.

I watched as she lifted her slowly and looked at me with pleading eyes, I knew instantly that she was telling the truth. I noticed that as I started to believe her eyes lit up and small smile played at her pale lips. I was glad that I was able to make her feel better, I was glad she trusted me enough to share her secret. I wanted her to feel accepted for who she was, after all she’s family.

     “Thanks.” She said smiling down at me.

     “What for?” I asked.

     “Believing me and accepted me for Me.” she replied saying my thought out loud.

     “No problem that’s what family is for.” I said smiling back u at her.

*************

(Tyler’s POV)

     I screamed out in frustration. I jumped up and grabbed the nearest rock, throwing it as hard as I could into the pool. I need this plan to work but that doesn’t look likely when I’m failing at the first hurdle. I picked up another rock, three times as big as the last one and hurled it into the water. Just as I bent down to pick up another large rock, a familiar scent hit me. The scent I’d been searching for all day. I got up and turned towards the source.

     “Such a temper little boy.” Lucia said, sounding rather amazed.

She was crouched down defensively on a boulder, looking down at me from the edge of the clearing. She looked different from her usual self. She was wearing a black baggy hoodie, with the hood up. Her long wavy hair seemed to be up but a few loose curls hung around her face. She was also wearing a pair of black jogging bottoms and dark trainers. She had no make-up on or anything, she looked natural and perfect. I shook the thought from my head, I knew for a fact she was not perfect.

    “I’m not a boy!” I said as she leapt off the boulder and walked slowly towards me.

     “You’ve been looking for me, why?” she asked fiercely.

     “I…I need your… help.” I struggled to say.

I hated the fact I had to ask for her help of all people. I knew this would be a long shot, and I seriously doubted that she would really want to help Mia and Luca, but she had something I needed.

     “You want my help? YOU want MY help? Not so long ago you were trying to get me struck by lighten!” she shouted.

I tried as hard as I could not to smile at the memory.

     “I’m willing to put that behind me. I need your gift.” I said slowly taking a step towards her.

    “What gift?” she asked crossing her arms across her chest.

     “I know you know what I’m on about.” I answered, getting a little bit irritated.

     “Nope sorry not a clue.” She replied turning to leave.

I closed the distance between us and grabbed hold of her arm.

     “Stop playing dumb with me. I need your help, you’re their only hope!” I growled loudly.

    “Well if by that you mean the little bitch and Luca, you can take a run and jump!” she shouted pulling her arm from my grip.

Without thinking I charged at her, knocker her to the ground. We struggled for a moment until I pinned her hands above her head.

     “The only bitch here is you!” I growled, making her buck and squirm beneath me.

      “I will never help her!” she growled back at me, before spitting in my face.

My body began to trembled, she was infuriating me.

     “Don’t you ever do that again!” I shouted down at her.

     “Or what? What are will YOU do?” she said smugly before spitting in my face.

      “If you carry on you get struck by lighten.” I threatened.

       “I’m not afraid of you.” She said shooting me daggers.

       “Oh but you should be.” I said smiling evilly as a bolt of lightning struck metres away from us.

I felt her body flinch from under me.

     “That was just a fluke.” She said sounding a little panicked.

      “Wanna bet?” I said as another bolt hit on the other side of us a little closer than the last one.

I could see the fear in her eyes and instead of enjoying it I felt guilty. For some reason I didn’t like seeing her scared. I would go as far as to say it sadden me.

     “Ok ok stop it, that’s enough please.” She begged as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She looked so vulnerable and fragile, I had to force myself not to wipe away the tear and comfort her. I had no idea what coming over me.

      “So are you going to help me or not?” I asked.

      “I told you I don’t know what gift you’re talking about.” She said trying not to look me in the eyes.

      “I know you can control people’s emotions Lucia so stop lying.” I said, making her eyes grow wide.

      “How do you know?” she asked.

     “I’ve seen you use it on the men in pack.” I said looking her in the eyes.

     “How come it doesn’t work on you?” she asked, her body beginning to relax a little bit.

     “I’m gifted like you, hence the lighten. Now are you going to help me or not?” I asked once more.

She stayed quiet for moment.

     “Ok.” She said looking up at me.

As I looked down at her I noticed her eyes sparkle for a brief moment sending a wave of heat soaring through my body. My hands tingled against her skin, like sparks of electricity. I quickly let go of her and jumped to my feet.

     “I’ve told you you’re gift doesn’t work on me so don’t bother.” I said crossing my arms across my chest.

     “I wasn’t.” she said propping herself on her elbows.

I looked deep into her eyes, she was telling the truth. So if she wasn’t using her gift, what just happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505 16 20
Jessica falls in love with a psycho killer without knowing. She has witnessed several deaths in the time that they have been dating. She has figured...
3K 195 24
Shamara Williamson just moved to a small town called Clearwater, Tennessee. She is just starting her senior year at CHS. As she meets new friends, sh...
13.5K 696 28
Shyanne Beeker has a hard time being the Omega in her pack. She's practically invisible now, but she has learned to deal with it. When she meets a tr...
200 2 4
He lived his life away from the village. Quiet and desolate. But when thieves come barging into his territory. Strangers arrive and take him for some...