#Extraordinary

By Platinum_Zero

Authors Note: This is an experimental story that takes many pop culture references and makes fun of them whil... More

Chapter 1: Wake up!

13 1 1
By Platinum_Zero

An: one view of the school

I woke up hearing the buzz of my alarm clock go off like an annoying siren. Slowly I got up turning it off and stretched feeling the pull of muscles in my arms. Letting out a big yawn, I went to brush my teeth. After leaving the bathroom I requiped my clothes leaving me in brown combat boots, jeans and a red short sleeve top with lots of lace, with just the snap of my fingers. My hair came down in blonde curls to my back tipped with red.

I ran down the stairs hopping over the dog gate and landing with a thump onto the floor. I ran into the kitchen and patted my dog loki on the head. I grabbed 10 boxes of pancake mix, 30 or so eggs a pound of bacon and whatever other food we had in the fridge.

I began whipping the usual breakfast by whipping up tons of scrambled eggs and chocolate chip pancakes with my telekinesis while I played angry bird on my phone. After 10 minutes it was ready and I put 5 plates on the counter. The smell of food brought my mom and dad out of there office in the basement and my two little siblings out of their room. My brother and sister began fighting over the bacon while my parents talked about their work in the basement.

I began to wolf down the second pan of bacon and shove 18 pancakes in my mouth. My mother scolded me saying, "Chew your food dear!" I rolled my eyes at her and nodded eating more slowly.

After my family was done eating I cleaned up the kitchen using teleportation to put the dirty plates in the sink and all the food on the counter into the garbage. My parents smiled at me thanking me and went down to the basement.

I went over to my younger twin siblings Aiden and Ava and gave them a hug. Releasing them I asked in a stern voice, "Did you get your HW done?"

They answered in unison, "Yes, were no delinquents!"

I laughed and said, "Of course not, OR YOU WOULD FACE MY WRATH!"

They quivered in fear holding each other and said in unison, "yes sis.."

I gave them a sweet smile and waved good bye. I picked up my heavy duty black book bag and slung it over my shoulders. I went over and pet my 2 dogs. One was a fluffy white bichon named Loki and the other was a corgi named Thorgie who hopped around all the time and refused to walk like a normal dog.

I opened the door and walked out feeling the first autumn breezes as a couple of colored auburn leaves floated by. I closed the door behind me locking it and walked down the steps.

I ran to school, quick as a flash making my surroundings blur together as I ran at the speed of light. The green trees blended with the orange and yellow ones which were just beginning to turn creating an abstract effect. As I ran through the city the easy going suburb life became a quiet city with people just driving to work. I quickened my pace and came to a large green in which I skidded to a stop behind a tree so no one would see me. Beyond that a large area with 8 brick buildings. I stopped behind a tree in the green and looked at the buildings.

Each building looked like ancient churches. Some were simple square buildings with fancy outside furnishings, but others looked castle like with spiral brick towers with cone shaped tops. Another building had a clock in it making it look sorta like a small version of big ben. I looked in awe as each building was slightly different than each other yet so similar with its ancient european architecture. All I could think was how much the architecture was like hogwarts!

I walked out from behind the tree and crossed the crosswalk walking along the sidewalk. I walked through the school gates and saw a small building that read, 'check in security.' I walked over to the building where a bald security guard stood outside checking cars in.

I walked over to him and asked, "Do you know where the new freshman meet?"

He smiled a warm and welcoming smile at me and said, "Welcome to Woodland Academy! Go left and look for building 3, also known as Lanston!"

I shouted thanks as I began walking to the building. I weaved my way through large crowds of people. These large crowds however were comprised of smaller groups of people who all seemed to know each other. I sadly didn't know anyone since I was homeschooled and continued onto the building. Finding my way there I walked into the building climbing never ending staircase.

I finally reached the top and laid my book bag against the wall pulling out a schedule that indicated my homeroom number was 3247 which was the same as my english teachers! I always liked english seeing as how we would read new and interesting stories! Reading was one of my favorite hobbies!

I looked for the door with that number walking to the end of the short little hall where the teachers room sat in the corner. I walked in looking down at my schedule walking straight into what felt like a brick wall. "Umph!" I cried out falling backwards onto my butt.

I looked up to see a tall muscular boy with raven black hair that came to his shoulders in a stylish manner and piercing blue eyes filled with disgust. His features were somewhat softened by his young age making him look not quite like a sharp and chiseled male model but signs that he would definitely look that way when he was older. He wore jeans and a black jacket and red shirt.

He walked around me leaving me on the ground. WHAT A HORRIBLE PERSON! I shouted out to him, "Jerk Face!"

He yelled back at me without looking towards me, "Watch where you're going next time Klutz!"

I mumbled some profanities under my breath and got up dusting myself off. The nerve up that guy! With a quick flick of the wrist I turned on the sprinkler above him allowing water to rain down upon him, making him soak and wet!

I ran into the classroom before he would suspect anything, but the look on his face was priceless!

I walked into the classroom and looked around seeing drawn poster of the odyssey. There were also an assortment of band posters and movie posters with famous tag lines like, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" I always liked Jaws, even though it had many inaccuracies! However the classroom was devoid of people except one.

I looked toward the back of the room as I heard a guitar playing. My teacher began singing "Hey There Delilah" accompanied by a guitar. He looked at me and stopped the music by asking me, "Good morning miss! What are you doing here so early!"

"I'm early" I asked questioningly? He pointed to the clock that read 7:00. I stuttered out "whoops... looks like I'm early! Do you mind if I just stay here ti'l home room starts Mr. umm.. "

He responded back quickly saving me from any further embarrassment, " Mr. Fiker, and yes it's fine!" He began to play his guitar again to some unfamiliar tune. I sat down in one of the back desks in the corner. Pulling out my phone I began reading on wattpad. I started reading this book on wattpad called #Extraordinary, which wasn't half bad!

As the minutes ticked by people started coming in around 7:15 and finding their seats. Nobody sat next to me until all the desks were full and the one next to mine, was the only one left empty! Why did no one sit next to me? Did I smell?

The morning announcements popped on distracting me from my insecurities. A girl with short brown hair and glasses came on the screen. She sat behind a desk reading of papers about the school lunch choices today. I always hear school lunch was inedible so I brought my own lunch instead.

Next she read off, "All freshman have extended homeroom! They will go over their schedules with their homeroom teachers and receive a tour of the campus. Next they will have lunch in waves and read in between waves. After that they will go to the club activity fair and lastly report to the gym for ID pictures."

I bulleted each thing onto my phones notepad In case I forgot where to go.

The screen shut off to a red screen with a paw print as music played in the background to the song "stitches." Thats cool that they play music after the announcements!

A boy walked in wearing headphones and holding a yellow note with a signature and time. He had dark skin and chocolate eyes that sorta had a sparkle. He wore a black dress shirt and genes along with red high tops. He handed the teacher and sat next to me throwing his book bag to the side with a loud thump.

I looked at him curiously and asked, "what do you have in there? Bricks!" He looked over and smiled at me saying, "A dead body!" I almost fell out of my chair when I heard him say that.

I stammered, "Wha.. Wha.." He began laughing and cut me off replying, "I'm just kidding! You should have seen the look on your face! I actually just have my dance stuff in there!"

I breathed out a sigh of relief and said, "Good to know I'm not sitting next to a serial killer!" He laughed at my statement and I continued, "So your a dancer? What's your style?"

His face lit up as he explained how he was a hip hop dancer, but liked all different styles. He went on about how he won a bunch of awards and was really looking forward to the school's dance program. He than asked me what I was interested in.

I went on and explained, "I like science and history, but I'm honestly not sure! I've been homeschooled since I was little so I finally have a chance to branch out at the school and see what I like!" Even though I basically have every power in existence, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with all of it. Obviously, I couldn't tell him that so I just told him my favorite subjects and interests. I smiled and said, "Bye the way my names, Miriam Quasar! But you can call me Miria!" He nodded and said, "The names Noah."

Our conversation lasted a while as our teacher went over the schedule I already familiarized myself with. I'm so excited that I made a friend on the first day! However I also made one enemy so according to the laws of equivalence it sorta cancels out. Oh well I will just have to make more friends!

AN: BTW the character in the book has the power to break the fourth wall so she might just comment and answer your questions back in the comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
a story about a very "normal" school to the naked eye, but as soon as you turn a corner there's a massive slide! A pool! This school used to be a nor...
1 0 1
国际留学归国服务中心《原版制作加州大学圣地亚哥分校硕士毕业证》【Q/微1954 292 140】《美国UCSD硕士学位急速办理》实体公司,注册经营,行业标杆,精益求精! 我们主要项目有:美国毕业证办理,英国毕业证办理,加拿大毕业证办理,澳洲毕业证办理,德国文凭,(高仿文凭样本展示《美国本科学历论文...
1 0 1
一整套留学罗切斯特大学文凭证书办理(包含罗切斯特大学毕业证《Q微1954 292 140》、Rochester成绩单、学历认证、使馆认证、归国人员证明、教育部认证、留信网认证永远存档,教育部学历学位认证查询),办理国外文凭国外学历学位认证《学分不够罗切斯特大学研究生毕业证》【Q/微1954 292...
1 0 1
国际留学归国服务中心《制作德州理工大学研究生毕业证》【Q/微1954 292 140】《美国TTU学位证书范本原版制作》实体公司,注册经营,行业标杆,精益求精! 一整套留学文凭证件服务: 一:毕业证#成绩单等全套材料《美国文凭等级学分不够德州理工大学研究生毕业证》【Q/微1954292140】《原...