This Summer Only

By JessicaBrittany

Sarah and Ryan have always been friends. They spend every summer together. They both like each other, yet the... More

Intro&They Arrive
First Swim&Dinner
The First Camp Fire
"I couldn't sleep. . ."
Day 1.
The 4-Wheeling Ride
Beach Bums
Summer House
Movie Time.
Secrets
Bonefire
Kiss me.
It's Raining Baby.
"No, Stop! Turn it off!"
Surprise.
Friends
Dinner With The Tanners
Swimming
Trouble.
Talents.
Sleepover
Boating?

Dinner Date.

28 0 0
By JessicaBrittany

Dinner Date.

I was sitting on the couch watching a Walk To Remember when two arms wrapped around my neck. I leaned backwards to see who it was and wasn't surprised at all to see it was Cole.

"Hello Cole."

"Hi,"

"How are you?"

"I am great, how are you?"

"I am fantastic."

"What are you up to?"

"Mhmm, nothing, why?"

"Hmm, wanna do something?"

"Like what?"

"Hmm, like a date maybe?"

"What kind of date?"

"Dinner date?" He smirked.

"Hm, sure."

"Okay. How long do you need to get ready?"

"Uhm, give me about..uh..30 minutes?"

"Okay, that should be fine."

I nodded and got up off the couch. I went towards the stairs and headed down. I made my way to my room and went over to my dresser. What to wear on a dinner date? I didn't want to dress up too much but I didn't not want to dress up at all. I scanned my dresser and shuffled through my shirts. I finally pulled out a yellow basic T-shirt. I knew it was more like a belly shirt so I also grabbed a white spaghetti to go under it.

I walked over to my closet were mostly all my pants were and grabbed my all white skinny jeans. I put them over my arm and went and grabbed all black socks. I set it all down on my bed and stripped out of my previous clothes. I pulled on my pants, buttoned them, then slipped my spaghetti strap on with my yellow shirt going over it.

I sat down on my bed and put on my socks also grabbing my yellow converse at the same time and putting those on as well. I got back up and walked over to my make-up 'station' that had all my make-up I never wore plus all my necklaces and earrings. I took my pair of yellow-ish earring that looked like zippers and put them in.

I also did take off my previous necklace I was wearing that was the anchor one that had said, 'hope' and put on a different one that was an infinity sign. Perfect.

( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=70537766 )

I got up and went out of my room and made my way over to were Ryan's would be. His door was pushed to so I knock on it quietly to see if he was in there.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah,"

I pushed the door the rest of the way open and stepped inside, "Do I look okay?"

"Yeah, you look good, why?"

"I'm, uh, going out on a, uh, dinner date."

"With Cole?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh, well, then yeah, you look fine. Do you know were you are going?"

"Nope, I have no clue. I didn't ask and he didn't tell me."

"Oh, okay, well, I hope you have a good time."

"Me too." I turned away and got to his door way again and was about to leave when I turned back around, 'Hey, Ryan,"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna do something later tonight? Like watch a movie or go four wheeling, or something?"

"Yeah... That sounds fun. Yeah, I'm up for that."

"Okay," I smiled, "See ya later."

"You too."

I closed his door back to how it was and walked back up the stairs. I went into the kitchen and sat at the stool that was in front of the island. I was debating on whether to grab an apple or something to snack on but decide not to seeing how I was going to be going out to eat.

I felt someones arms come around me and their chin rest on my shoulder and I knew it was Cole. I sighed heavily playfully and tried turning around.

"Hello, Sarah."

"Hello, Cole."

"Are you ready?"

"I am. Are you?"

"I am ready. Shall we go?"

"We shall."

I stood up and we hocked arms and we went outside. I then got really confused seeing how we were at my house and he didn't have his car here.

"Hey, Cole, how are we getting anywhere without a car...?"

"I'm using your moms. I already asked her."

"Oh, okay, hahah."

I smiled to myself knowing we were going to look weird driving around in the big fan just by our selfs. I opened the door to the passenger door and climbed in. Cole got in the drivers side and started the car. He back out of the drive way and turned left.

He laced our hands and set them on the console. He drove with his left hand and began to changed the radio station until he finally decide on the song Ho Hey. It had just started so I was humming the beginning.

As it got the chorus Cole begin to sing, "I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart. I belong with you, you belong with me, you my sweet."

I didn't know all the lyrics, I only knew the beginning and the chorus. I liked Cole's singing voice, he was actually kind of good. I didn't tell him this, however.

I looked out my window to try and find out where we were going but I had no clue. We turned right and continued to drive down a long road. This road had a lot of trees. Cole squeezed my hand tighter so I did it back to him. We did this for about 5 minutes.

After about five minutes or so of driving we finally turned right into a parking lot. I tried to sit up more so I could see where we were but it didn't help. I looked over at Cole to see if he would tell my anything.

He shook his head while smiling, "I'm not telling you were we are. You will just have to wait and see."

I sighed and sat back. I waited so we were more into the parking lot and then saw the name of the restaurant. Bricks Restaurant. I'd heard of the place before but never really been there. I didn't know if Cole knew I was a picky eater so going to a big fancy restaurant and never have been there before did make me a little shaky.

He pulled into a parking spot and shut the car off. I unbuckled and opened my door. I got out and shut my door going to the front of the car. Cole met me, grabbed my hand and locked the car using the button We walked to the door and he opened it for us. We walked inside and went to the front desk. There was a person standing there and she smiled when we walked up

"Hello, I'm Sophia, how many I help you?"

"I called about an hour ago to make a reservation."

"Name?"

"Cole,"

She looked down at the open book in front of her, "Hmm . . . Oh yes, right here. Table for 2?"

"Yes,"

"Right this way." She came out from behind the desk and thats when I noticed she was really pretty. She wasn't super skinny, and she wasn't super big, she looked perfect. She was wearing a black pencil skirt with a cute light pink shirt that was lace and see through, yet she had the same pink color under it. Her name tag was pinned to the left side of her chest. Her hair made her perfect look ever better, too. You could tell she had long hair but today she had it in tiny curls which was making it short and up to her shoulders. She also looked about our age. She just looked perfect, I couldn't help but feel jealous.

She walked us to our table and we sat down on opposite sides. She told us that a waitress would be right over with our menus and then left to go back to the front. Once she was clearly out of sight I looked over at Cole. "She was really pretty, did you notice?"

"What? Oh yeah, sure."

"Cole, I'm being serious, she was so beautiful."

"Yeah, sure, I guess, but I don't think you should be worrying about it, you're so beautiful, too.

"Aw, thank you Cole."

He smiled and looked down at his place mat. We waited for the waitress to come which wasn't long. She gave us our menus and asked if we knew what we wanted to drink. I, as always, just wanted water, and Cole wanted coke.

After she left to go get our drinks Cole and I just kind of sat there. He made small talk but it was kind of awkward. The waitress came back quickly and gave us both our drinks. She then proceed to ask us what we wanted to eat.

"Uh, I think I'll have steak and fries. Sarah, what would you like?"

I looked over at Cole, then to the waitress, "Uh, I'm just going to have chicken strips with fries."

"Any sauce?"

"No thank you." She nodded and walked away.

As we were waiting for our food I could tell Cole was thinking of something but I had no idea what and I didn't know how to ask him.

"Sarah,"

"Yes?"

"Are we a, you know, couple?"

"I mean . . . I don't know."

"Do you want to be?"

"I, uh, yeah."

"Then we are."

"No we're not."

"What?"

"You didn't ask."

"Sarah, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course Cole!"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

We then smiled at each other. The waitress came over with our food. It looked so good. She set my plant down first then Cole's. She said the nor,al waitress things, telling us she would be back soon to check on us and if we needed anything to just call her or someone over.

We thanked her and she went away. I saw Cole looking over at me and it made me kind of weirded out.

"Sarah, you are so beautiful."

"Cole, stop."

"I mean it."

I blushed and looked down. I began eating my chicken fingers while Cole began eating his steak.

The night soon began to come to an end when Cole and I both finished our food and ate desert. We paid for the meal, grabbed our coats and got up. As we were walking out Cole took my hand we said bye to the lady at the front desk.

We went to the car and got in. It wasn't dark just yet but you could tell the sun was going to be setting soon.

"Cole,"

"Yes, Sarah?"

"Do you really want to go home right now or would you like to do something else before?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"Going to the beach to watch the sun set maybe?"

"That sounds perfect."

He took my hand and backed out of the parking spot heading off towards the beach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175 72 28
Heartbreak, grief, love. All those things combined can either be very beautiful, or very ugly. Sarah Jones has been through a lot.Life has been hard...
65.5K 1.8K 22
Taylor Heydon and Adam Kales have been friends from 6 to 12. They still know each other but now Taylor hates Adam. What's even worse is that they liv...
17.6K 948 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
63.5K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...