Nothing Lasts Forever

By RockofAges

Two years have gone by, life was going great for the couple until something happened that no one could of pre... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (Short)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Finale

Chapter Fifteen

8.9K 492 160
By RockofAges

 A U G U S T

I had been calling Kash's phone back to back for twelve hours since I found out what went down outside of her shop. I couldn't even focus on what went down at her shop because I was thinking the worst. Wondering who had her and what did they want. All my questions were put to rest when I got a message from her phone. It was a video and what I say made me feel sick to my stomach.

As bad as I wanted to go out and shoot everybody up who associated with Jayceon I knew we had to be smart. Jayceon was unpredictable and always has been ever since Mike introduced us about three years ago. I thought I could use his crazy ass to my advantage. He did me one favor and since then acted like he should be my second in command. When I told him no he acted like he was cool but he was walking around saying slick shit so I cut him out completely. I knew he was fucked up but I ain't know he had the balls to kidnap Kashmere.

My cell phone rang and I jumped up seeing there was a call coming in from Kash's number. I braced myself before answering.

"Hello?"

"Did you get my video?"

It was Jayceon like I figured.

"Let me speak to Kash."

"I would but I'm not plus even if I wanted to her ass is knocked out."

"I swear on everything if you touch her-"

He laughed, "Did you or did you not watch the video cause it's to late for all that."

"Motherfuc-"

"Like I said on the video I want two million and I need you to let everyone know that there's about to be a new boss in town. Tonight at midnight downtown by the docks. And if you love your baby mama like I know you do I suggest you be on time otherwise it's lights out for her."

I wanted to cuss him out but I bit my tongue because for now he had the upper hand.

"Before I hand over anything I want to see Kash."

"And you will tonight at midnight. Give me what I want and I'll give you what you want. And don't think about pulling no slick shit because your bitches life hangs in the balance. Fuck shit up and it's on you."

"I'll be there."

"Great. But on second thought maybe I wont kill her right away she was good and tight so I might just keep her ass around for a while before-"

Before I could cuss his ass out like I wanted to he laughed and the line went dead. I did my best to calm myself down before I walked out the back office to where my crew was out talking and plotting. I had already told them what Jayceon wanted and they all had there opinions on what I should do it's why I walked out earlier needing to be alone.

I took a seat and listened to them still trying to come up with a plan and I wasn't liking what I was hearing.

"We ambush him, get people to the spot now and have them on lookout and as soon as him and his crew show up we drop 'em."

"Yeah but how do you know he doesn't already have people at the spot on lookout?"

I looked up and noticed Mace had got here and I was thankful. He had way more connections with him being in the game longer than me plus he told me that he would help me out with whatever I needed and right now I could use all the help I could get.

I listened to my crew go back and forth long enough.

"Whatever he wants, we give it to him," I spoke up cutting everyone off.

"He wants two million, not to mention all your territory and not to mention-"

"I don't care what he wants. Money, territory, my title I don't care but if he wants it so bad then he can have it."

This is one of the things I tried my best to avoid. I thought if anyone had a problem with me that they would come after me, I didn't think no body would stoop low enough to touch my family. Kash didn't have nothing to do with none of this and now she was right in the middle of it. I kept her in the dark for a reason and I knew he was asking her questions and I knew she couldn't tell him anything because she didn't know shit.

I didn't have nothing else to say so I didn't say nothing else. Everyone was just standing around so Mace took over and took charge.

"You heard him. I'll handle the money but in the mean time I want ya'll to scour the streets, somebody has to know something. I know ya'll pissed but don't act on shit. I shouldn't have to tell any of ya'll that your not the one's with something to lose. Ya'll got until eight p.m then I want everyone back here."

Everyone started leaving while I sat in silence watching them all go until it was just me and Mace. He told me about the risks of being in the game, it was why he told me he never got into anything to serious with women. I just thought it was a excuse cause he wasn't ready to settle down with just one women.

"I thought I was doing enough but hiring security to follow her. I never thought," I trailed off.

"I told you before and I'll tell you again, your not untouchable. The deeper you get in the game the more protection you need, not just for you but your family and everyone else you love,"

"I don't know what to do anymore, I don't. Shit is going downhill fast. And Kash doesn't deserve none of this. It's bad enough he did violated her but if he-if he-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence because the thought of losing Kash was just to much.

"He isn't going to. I know it's hard but I need you to keep your head up. He's going to get what's coming to him, believe that."

I nodded my head. If it was anyone I could count on right now it was Mace. We had connections and man power and I needed to get on it. My mom and Kaliyah were already on 24/7 protection at her house. I knew they were safe so now my main focus was getting Kash back home safely.

K A S H M E R E

I lay there like I was paralyzed. Not moving. You would have thought I was dead if it wasn't for the blinking of my eyelids every so often. My eyes focused in on the ceiling trying to forget what happened to me. I don't know how long I've been here but I know it was going on days now.

The only time I got out of bed was when he came down every so often to see if I had to use the bathroom. He literally stood there and watched until I was done and pulled me back over to the bed and handcuffed me again. He brought food but I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I didn't have the strength or energy to do anything.

I tried to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I could hear the sound of his heavy breathing and feel him touching me, kissing me. There was no getting out of this. There was no way he was going to let me go. He was going to kill me, I was going to die. I wished that he would hurry up and get it over with.

I heard keys in the lock and I knew it was him. Since that night no one else came down here but him. I didn't move, didn't talk, just lay still staring up at the ceiling and listened. I heard the door open and heard ruffling and then the door closed shut. I heard him put his keys down somewhere and him sat what sounded like a bag down. Then his heavy footsteps got louder until I felt his presence next to me.

He snapped his fingers in my face and I only blinked.

"It's time for you to get up. I got something for you."

I didn't move.

"I'm talking to you. Get up. The less you listen the more I'ma hurt you. You laid around long enough. Get up."

I turned my face to look at him and he smiled once we were making eye contact.

"Rise and shine. I got a surprise for you but first you need to get cleaned up and dressed."

He reached for one of my cuffs and un-cuffed me and then walked around and undid the other. I couldn't fight him if I wanted to. From being handcuffed all this time my wrists were sore and bruised, so bad I couldn't even lift them on my own.

I didn't need to look in the mirror to know those weren't the only bruises and marks on my body.

He pulled me off the bed and pushed me in the direction of the bathroom. I walked in the direction on wobbly legs with him trailing behind me. He directed me to sit on the toilet while he turned on the water in the shower. This would be the second time I would be taking a shower. The first time he got in with me and I feared that he was going to do the same this time but I didn't show it.

Once I was done on the toilet he handed me a bar of soap and pushed me towards the shower. Once I was in the shower under the spray he closed the door behind me.

"You got five minutes."

I was thankfully he wasn't coming in with me this time. I closed my eyes and let the warm water run over my sore body. After a minute or two of letting the water bring my sore wrists back to life I grabbed the soap and started washing with my hands since he didn't even bother giving me a rag. I tried my best to quickly wash but my wrists were sore and only able to move so fast.

I don't know what he was doing out there but I prayed that he wouldn't touch me again. I don't think that I could handle it physically or emotionally. I was drained.

I then heard him say something. I thought he was talking to me until I realized he was talking on the phone. I started to ignore him but decided to listen hoping I could pick up something useful. Whoever was on the line must of told him some good news because he sounded happy.

"That's what's up and I hope he ain't thinking about setting me up," he paused so I guess the person on the other side of the line was talking.

He seemed to be happy with the news that whoever was telling him. I just hoped he was in a good enough mood to let me go.

"I guess the video gave him the push we needed," I looked over at him and he had this sick smirk on his face like he was proud of himself for recording himself raping me.

"He gon' feel stupid when he show up to drop off his money and realize it's all a set up. And on top of that when he find out you working for me," he laughed and I tried to not make it obvious that I was eavesdropping but I couldn't help but wonder who Jayceon was talking to and hoped he dropped a name.

"Nah. I'ma send my crew ahead. Make sure that he aint on no funny shit and then once you give me the okay. Once ya'll kill off his crew, I want him alive. Matter fact I want ya'll to tie his ass up. I'ma let him see his baby mama one last time before I off that motherfucka. And time I might just give him a live show."

After that I didn't know what to do, I felt like everything around me was falling apart and I couldn't do anything about it. I zoned out and jumped out of it when he started banging on the shower glass door and without warning opened it. He peaked his head in and didn't bother to hide that he was checking out while I tried my best to cover myself.

"You done?"

I shook my head no because I wanted to stall a little while longer and I needed more time to think.

"You lucky I'm in a good mood. You got three minutes."

With that he closed the glass door back and I thought about what I just overheard. He obviously didn't care that I overheard which made me believe that he didn't plan on letting me go no matter if August handed over what he asked for. And he probably had been planning this for a while now and whoever he was planning this with was probably feeding him everything that August was saying and doing.

It was no surprise that I didn't like most of the people that he associated with and why I didn't want to associate with any of them or have them around me or Kaliyah. And if they killed August what were there plans for me. They couldn't just let me go, I knew to much. My thoughts drifted to Kaliyah growing up without her dad or her mom. The thought only motivated me more to find some way out of this.

"You should be finished by now," he yelled and I quickly cut the water off just as he opened up the shower door again.

He handed me a towel and I took it from him and quickly wrapped myself in it before stepping out the shower trying my best to avoid locking eyes with him. I could feel him watching me and when I looked up he had that same evil smile on his face that I had grown accustomed to.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna touch you. There's plenty time for that later. Right now I need you to hurry up and get dressed. I'm about to take you to see your baby daddy."

I didn't want to see August, not after I knew he had to of watched the video of Jayceon raping me and not that I knew what Jayceon and whoever else had planned for him.

"You don't look happy," Jay fake frowned, "It's time to say your last goodbyes because after tonight that nigga's dead, him and all of his crew."

He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me out of the bathroom and made me sit on the bed. I watched clutching the towel to my chest as he walked to grab a few bags on the floor that weren't there before. They were shopping bags. He dug inside the bags and started pulling out clothes and tossed them next to me on the bed.

"Get dressed and make it quick."

I looked at the clothes and back up at him, I knew he said hurry up and get dressed but I needed to stall for as long as I could.

"Are you going to kill me?"

I knew what I said would catch him off guard because it's the first thing I had said to him since he raped me.

He looked at me a while before speaking, "If shit works out, no."

"And if it doesn't," I asked and judging by his look then I knew he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if he had to.

"I have a daughter, I-"

"You know how many mothefuckers I killed that had kids," he looked at me like I was stupid.

"I'll do whatever you want," I looked at him with tears in my eyes, "Please just...let me go. I wont tell what you did. I wont. I promise."

I didn't want to look weak but I had no other choice, at this point all I could do was beg.

"What if I don't want to let you go?"

knew that if I had any chance of getting out of here and seeing my daughter again then I had to comply. No matter what I had to do, nothing could be worse then what he's already put me through.

"I just want to see my daughter I know she's wondering where I am. I just want to call her and tell her that I'm okay, please?"

"If everything goes according to plan then you'll see your daughter again. But she wont be seeing her daddy again and that's a promise," he looked me over, "Maybe if shit goes right, I'll be her new daddy."

I bit my tongue to keep from saying something that would get me in trouble.

"Less talking. Hurry up and get dressed."

His phone rung and he answered it.

I finished drying off and got dressed slowly. I listened in on his conversation and whoever he was talking to must have been the guy from before. It must have been the person helping him in. I listened seeing if I could catch a name, hear anything that would help me. He was calling whoever it was M. I started to think of who he could be talking to. I didn't know much of August's crew, I didn't know who he had working for him now.

Only person I could think of was Mace and deep down I knew that he couldn't of been talking about Mace. Yes at first he came off as a creep but I couldn't see him double crossing August. He treated him like a son and treated me like a daughter and he had power. If he wanted August dead he wouldn't have to go through a nobody like Jayceon.

I was still thinking when Jayceon hung up. I had just managed to fasten my bra when he hung up.

"It wont be long," he smiled, "And since it wont, I know you curious so I'ma fill you in on some shit. I bet you dying to know who I was on the phone with. Who was plotting against August with me all along huh?"

I knew that he was playing with me and he wouldn't just up and tell me. He walked over to me until he was standing in front of me. I was not only afraid but disturbed and I tried my best not of show it. He ran his hands down my arms and down my hips until he was gripping my backside.

"Give me a kiss and I'll tell you."

At first I was like hell no because I figured he was just messing with me. But if he told me and I could somehow get in contact with August then I could not only save him but save myself and a lot of people from dying. I closed my eyes and inched my face closer to his. I was about to open my eyes until he kissed me. With my eyes closed I pretended that I was kissing anyone else but him. I played my part and acted like I liked it and when he pulled away he smiled and licked his lips.

"You really must want to know huh?"

I didn't respond so he continued "Since the plan is already set in motion and I don't see how your nigga is gonna make his way out of this I'll tell you. Word is ya'll two go back. He was there with your boy from the beginning but because of you August cut him off."

It didn't take long for me to realize that he was talking about Mike. I couldn't say that I was surprised and it only pissed me off.

"Shocked," Jayceon asked.

"Mike was always a snake," I looked him in his eyes.

"He is," he agreed with me, "But you don't know the half."

He was opening up to me and I wanted to know more.

"Then tell me."

"You sure you can handle it," he smiled and I nodded my head confidently.

"The motherfuckers who supposedly killed that nigga D," he trailed off, "No. August was the one who was supposed to show up that night but instead D showed up. Mike didn't really have no beef with D but he couldn't let him go so he had no choice. Mike made it look like it was a robbery and spread the word that it was some out of town niggas who did it."

He laughed as he looked at my face, "You feel stupid huh. The motherfucker who really killed D was sitting right in front of ya'll this whole time.

Mike came around again after D died. He said that D wouldn't want them beefing anymore and just like that he wormed his way back into our lives. He was there at D's funeral and acted like he had August's back. He was a great actor but even at the time I didn't like him. He played nice in front of August when he was around me but still acted like an asshole when August wasn't around.

Just thinking about D hurt my feelings. Since I've first met August D and me had become close and even more close over the years. We hung up together with and without August. He was like a big brother to me and he was such a good person at heart.

If Mike was standing in front of me right now I wouldn't hesitate to kill him. I wanted to but the first person on my list was the so called man currently standing in front of me.

"How are you so sure once August is out of the way he wont turn around and stab you in the back to?"

"Because I got insurance on that nigga. The same shit D found out, I found out to. That nigga aint dumb enough to double cross me, I made sure of that shit," he nodded his head like he was thinking, "You hungry, I'm starving. Hurry up and get dressed so we can pick up some food on the way."

I walked over the bed and sat back down and finished getting dressed. Just as he handed me over the sneakers I came here with we heard a loud bang from upstairs. I looked over at him and he looked up at the ceiling like it would give him a clue as to what was going on up there.

"Motherfuckers better not be tearing up my shit," he cursed and grabbed the keys from the dresser and left the room without giving me a second glance. As soon as it was closed behind him I ran over to it and tried it only to find out that it was locked.

I looked around for something to use as a weapon but found nothing. I quickly put on my sneakers and ran into the bathroom. There wasn't even a mirror in here. I looked until my eyes landed on the toilet. I walked over and grabbed the heavy ceramic lid and knew I could cause some damage with this. I ran back into the room and decided to wait for him to walk in. I was going to sneak up on him and bash his fucking head in.

Then take his gun and keys and pray that I could find my way out of here without being seen. I waited and waited and I could hear more banging come from upstairs. It sounded like people were running but then I heard gun shots and more follow and I didn't know what was going but I hoped that someone would come down and save me.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and and I raised the lid. As soon as I heard the keys in the lock I braced myself to fight.

Jayceon hurried into the room and when he shut the door behind himself and saw me there I slammed the lid down on his head and he raised his hand to blow the blow. I still ended up causing enough damage judging by the way he stumbled and the blood gushing from his head.

When the gun dropped from his hand I had a quick second. I wanted to run out the room for help but my need for revenge made me go for the gun he dropped. Just as I reached down to grab the gun he basically tackled me to the floor and I landed hard on my stomach with him on top of me knocking the wind out of me.

I started kicking and swinging and he got off of me and I turned over and kicked him again landing a hard kick to his face. I took the time to crawl back towards the gun and as soon as my hands gripped it he grabbed for it to. We fought over it but he was stronger than me and the gun ended up flying farther away from us. I went to reach for it again but he grabbed my hair and yanked my head back and punched me in the faze putting me into a daze.

Instead of going for the gun like I assumed he would do he wrapped his hands around my throat. I clawed at his hands and dug my nails into his hands and thought that this time I really was about to die until I heard a loud pop and something wet and warm spray my face.

Jayceons limp body fell on top of mine and I tried my best to push him off of me but I had some help and soon I was looking up at Mace. I watched as he tucked his gun away and kneeled down next to me.

"Your safe now, everything is going to be okay."

I didn't know when August walked in the room but it wasn't to long after. He grabbed my face and started looking me over and asked me if I was okay but before I could respond I felt the worse pain in my stomach.

I clutched my stomach but the pain was unbearable, something didn't feel right. Mace said something but when I looked up at him he was looking down at me with wide eyes and when I looked down is when I noticed all the blood.  I instantly felt lightheaded and dizzy and just wanted to close my eyes and wake up from this bad dream. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 4.2K 41
I should be living my life like every second was my last, Not wishing it was, But when I'm with her, I forget the difference.
10.7K 454 36
This is my version of events that happened to Massimo and Laura two years after Laura dies.
1.1M 46.8K 18
Sequel to His Hostage It's been two years since Belinda last seen August at her house when he confessed his love. August is trying to cope with deal...
330 1 22
No one ever speaks about the after math. Nobody talks about the pain the hurt, the tears, everything that comes with the fact that you've lost someon...