My Boss And I

By aoslangeles

Life and love sometimes clash together and create a whirlwind of mess. And for office worker Jaime Gonzales... More

Chapter 1- The Boss Herself
Chapter 2- Reflections And Regrets
Chapter 3- After Work Dilemma
Chapter 4- Delays And Surprises
Chapter 5- Frustration, Confusion, And Anger
Chapter 6- Now Boarding Flight Misfortune
Chapter 7- Dembling Discussions
Chapter 8- Jaime Help Line
Chapter 9- We're Not Done With The Drama Just Yet, Darling
Chapter 10- Confronting Chester Dembling
Chapter 11- Taxis, Trouble, and Talks
Chapter 12- Morning Meetings and Evening Events
Chapter 13- Chased By Chase
Chapter 14- Dissappearings And Dembling's
Chapter 15- Game On Gonzales
Chapter 16- Anger and Addictions
Chapter 17- Secret Assistant
Chapter 18- Dembling Desires
Chapter 19- Thoughts In Conversation
Chapter 20- Out Of Nowhere
Chapter 21- Putting Together The Pieces
Chapter 22- Dembling Vs. Gonzales
Chapter 24- Unexpected Surprises
Chapter 25- You're Her WHAT?
Chapter 26- A Table In The Back
Chapter 27- Under Arrest (Final Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 23- My Boss And I

248 7 0
By aoslangeles

Tamila's Point Of View:

Arriving home to my glamorous apartment was the most relief I've felt all week, despite the memories engraved in my mind for the rest of eternity.

As for Chester, we agreed we'd talk once I was calmer. Ha, oh Chester.

Reality was that I sincerely regret firing Jaime, knowing the inconveniences of my incredibly un-thoughtful decision.

He was, un doubtfully, my most respectable employer. I've said it more than enough times already. I just didn't understand his sudden disrespect towards me.

I know he lashed out at me with a lustrous demeanor, his emotions popping the bottle with a distinct anger, that came over to me.

And of course I couldn't deny the mutual sentiments. There was no possible way I could convince myself otherwise.

I was in love with Jaime Gonzales.

Yet if I were to convey these expressions to Jaime, he'd take them every step to his advantage, regardless if he felt the same way, or if he so called claimed he did.

However the way he shattered my pride was more damage done than any other to me before.

His ultimate goal was to bring me down.

I didn't need to hear it from him to know it was true.

Slumping over to my kitchen, I decided to break one of my own established rules.

To drink the problems away. But why alone?

Grinning to myself, I decided to call Mark Middleton. He was in LA this month for sure, he'd never pass up an opportunity to have a glass of wine with an old friend from college.

I picked up my cell and dialed Marks number, leaning against my kitchen counter casually and carefree.

"Middleton enterprises, this is Mark speaking."

"Mark, it's Tamila, I-"

"Shit! Tamila, look, this is going to sound crazy, but we can't be communicating until I get things sorted out. I'm really sorry, I-" Mark's voice was frantic and his breaths were in short, rapid huffs.

"What are you talking about?" I was confused and slightly scared at my friend's sudden fear.

"One man. Chase Dembling. We will sort this out. Until then, know I never wanted to hurt you, you're one of my closest allies, partners, and friends. Also know that Chase and his entire family line is untrustworthy slime. Work with you soon."

And with that, the phone call ended. This was nothing like Mark. He was always composed and upfront I never being shady and secretive. I bit my bottom lip. Normally when this random chaos occurred I'd call Jaime. But now... dare I even think his name.

I couldn't believe Chase was still on my ass. It was almost like he was so infatuated with me that he despised it so much he used it against me. I wasn't going to worry about it since Mark was always on top of things. He's never let me down, and I can easily say likewise from my perspective. If Mark got himself into this mess, he'd surely make his way out of it.

My doorbell suddenly rang, which cleared my thoughts away, which surprised me and scared me at the same time. I walked to the door and took a look through the little peep hole just for a sense of security.

My eyes widened when they met the ones of the young mischievous boy I had fortunately, only had the "privilege" of being aquatinted with once.

I swung open the door to fully stare at him. His low hanging jeans touched the tip of his converse, large headphones around his neck finished off his "look," including a tight red Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, which showed off his actually decently defined arms. At least, for someone of his age.

"Kid, how the hell do you know where I live?" I folded my arms over my chest.

"That's not such a nice way to greet me babe." Miguel Gonzales shot me a flirty wink that maybe a teenage girl would have appreciated, but on my hand it made me want to throw up.

"Just come in. We'll talk inside. I rolled my eyes, closing and locking the door behind Miguel. I wasn't sure why I was letting him in, yet I had a feeling I would regret it, even though I know the kid is harmless.

"That's quite a nice rear view back here." He snickered from behind me.

"You're here to look at my ass aren't you?" I turned to face him, motioning him to sit on the sofa in my living room, the one overlooking Los Angeles.

"Yes, and no." Miguel slumped casually in the leather. "I want to touch bases on a couple of things."

I ignored the double meaning of his words. He wouldn't give up, that little shit.

"First comes first, my uncle, man." Miguel ran a hand through his gelled hair. "Why'd you lead him on to lay him off?" Miguel looked at me up and down before looking actually at my eyes. "He's not your average guy. He's a pretty hard worker and he's a father figure to me, since my parents divorced a few years back."

"Your uncle is a hard worker, Miguel." I said sincerely, moving to sit beside him on the couch. "But he crossed lines he was warned not to, and he conducted highly inappropriate activity for the office, and for someone in a relationship." I knew I couldn't really go into detail, especially with a guy like Miguel. "My only reasonable choice was to fire him." Miguel nodded silently before a little deviant spark went off in his eyes.

"You guys were doing it on the desk weren't you?" Miguel smirked mischievously, narrowing his eyes in a suggestive way.

I felt my face heat up at the thought. "No, of course not, how unprofessional do you think I am?" I nearly felt insulted.

"You thought about it, didn't you?"

"Absolutely not." At least not until now that you brought it up...wait...what?

"You're thinking about it now, Miss. Dastanos, aren't you?" Miguel shot me a grin.

"Do you ever not think about that sort of stuff?" I snapped, feeling embarrassed that this kid pinpointed me in such an awkward manner.

He shrugged. "I just wanna know why you fired my uncle, or I'll assume you two were on the desk."

This kid was such an asshole.

"I fired him because he lied about many things, most of them being personal reasons I will not share with you, and no, we were not on the desk..." I blushed as Miguel chuckled at my reaction.

"And because he not only kissed me, but he did again in front of my boyfriend, then began making false accusations and lying to Chester about it." I broke it down in simple terms for him to at least understand the basics of what I was saying.

" He kissed you. Lucky fucker. Who's Chester?"

I was getting tired of rolling my eyes at this kid, so I just ignored it. "Chester, my boyfriend. He happened to show up at the office when your uncle just bust into my office."

"Chester, the actor my uncle's always talking shit about?"

"That would be him." I sighed at his last comment. "What shit does Jaime talk?"

"Shit about how you're being set up, and lied to, which is the second reason why I'm here. If my uncle's not going to be of assistance to you, I'm here to make sure your sexy ass doesn't get scammed."

I nearly choked on his words. "You? Protect me? You're 16, Miguel, you can't get involved-"

"Ah-Ah-Ah, shut up." He moved over on the couch and hovered over me. " First off I turn 17 next week. You do realize you don't know anything about the things I can do... I can be your new assistant. I'm of legal age to work. Maybe I can't coordinate events or help you with financials, but I've been around to watch how my uncle works with you, like, how he helps you out and stuff. I've had my eyes on you for quite a while now, and here's my chance to prove. Not only that... you'll get your sweet revenge on my uncle, cause I know he's got it for you, I mean, so do I, like,so would any guy, you're... pretty fucking hot."

He blushed slightly, which made me chuckle.

So whadd'ya say. huh?" He brushed my cheek with his thumb, which I abruptly wiped off.

"What's in it for me?" I leaned forwards, getting close to Miguel, which made him nervous. I laughed at his reaction, he obviously didn't get that it would never happen.

He blushed a little more. "Safety, and access to my uncle through me when you need him. Because trust me, you're going to need him." He grinned.

He had a point...

"It's a deal. But remember this, I'm your boss, so in the office, what I say, goes. Always. Never an exception. I'm not going to let a kid like you ruin one of the greatest cosmetic companies in America, not to mention my own. You begin next week when Jaime clears his office. Understood?"

"Yes, my boss. And I, will be your assistant my lovely." He reached out his hand and so did I, sealing our little deal with a handshake.

"That almost has a sound to it doesn't it?" I smirked at Miguel.

"My Boss and I? Miguel grinned. "Yeah I see what you mean."

I smiled at him and patted his head, ruffling his hair in the process.

"You're not so bad, kid." I smiled he actually brought me a little relief, which I appreciated.

"So that means you'll give me a shot babe?" His eyes were big and filled with hope.

I chuckled, yet failed to hide my smile. "Give it up."

He frowned. "You're missing out you know."

"Then it's my loss. I'm sure there are plenty of girls that have something for you. Ones around your age, particularly."

"My uncle's a lot older than you, you know." Miguel turned to look at me.

"Yes, I know. But were adults. There's a difference, and there was nothing...and is nothing between us." I felt myself blush again at the thought of Jaime.

"So next year we can work things out when I'm 18?" Miguel winked.

"I said drop it." I shook my head in disapproval. Anyways I didn't offer you anything, do you want something to drink?" I switched the topic.

"Got any champagne?"

My jaw nearly dropped at his suggestion. "When I meant drink, I meant water or something." I rolled my eyes. Guess not.

Some things... or some people, apparently never change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 91 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 Swetha Natrajan❤️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
1.7M 88K 81
As it turns out, the man Andy fell in love with is more of a mystery than she first thought. When they give their relationship another chance, it's n...
22.9K 504 35
It's a new opportunity. I get an office, a better salary, more time with my family. It's working out. Except the part where my boss dislikes me but c...
19.1K 1.1K 36
Thanishna, a 22-year-old student in her last semester. 📚 Despite her bubbly exterior, she's a sensitive soul. Her love for eating and sleeping is un...