How To Wattpad Covers (Picsar...

By AstridChocolate

You want to make to perfect cover for your 112-chapter Harry Styles CEO au, but don't know where to start? Or... More

Introduction
CHAPTER 2: DO'S AND DO NOTS OF COVERMAKING
TUTORIAL 1: GALAXY QUEST
TUTORIAL 2: HOW TO COVERS
CHAPTER 3: HOW TO FIND GOOD QUALITY PICTURES
TUTORIAL 3: WOODLAND CREATURE
Tutorial 4 - Peekaboo
Tutorial 5: Dark

CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO PICSART

7.5K 97 21
By AstridChocolate

Since I will be using Picsart for my tutorials, and maybe you will too, I thought that first of all, I'd upload an introduction. I will not be going into much detail, but if you have questions you can always comment.

When you first open Picsart, you will get to the home screen, where you have different options. To make our cover, though, we will need only one: edit.

When you press that beautiful button, you will have to choose a picture you want to edit. In most cases, you will just have to choose your fabulous, white, 512x800 or 256x400 template, depending on which pictures you will later use. I mostly use the 512x800 one.

You will also be given the choice to edit your recent masterpieces.

I have the templates saved on my computer, so I don't have to create it time after time.

After you have picked your wonderful template, you will get to what I call the editing screen.

ON TOP:

First you have a fabulous cross that brings you back to the main screen. Don't worry if you accidentally get seduced into pressing this little devil, because as I said before, you can always edit your previous creations.

Second, you have the save button. Surprisingly, it saves your masterpiece onto your computer.

Third, you have the share button. If you are a social media star, you will use it quite frequently. If so, good job. If you are just a normal (but fascinating) individual like me, you will forget it's there until you accidentally click it.

Last but not least, you have the undo button. This is not a normal undo button, but it is as I like to call it an 'Oh sh!t' button. Most of the time, it will only do its job once, then it will get tired and go to sleep until you mess up again.

ON THE BOTTOM:

Here you have more options that go way further than the boring but necessary saving.

First, you have the 'Tool' button. When you click it, another menu will pop up.

With 'Crop' you can crop your stunning creations.
With 'Free crop' you can crop your marvelous creations in every shape you can draw with a mouse.
With 'Shape crop' you can crop your breathtaking creations in many shapes from bunnies to hearts.
With 'Motion' you can pretend your artwork is the Millenium Falcon and shoot them into space.
With 'Clone' you can clone things.
With 'Adjust'you can adjust the saturation, contrast, hue and brightness of your gem.
With 'Enhance' you can make magic (honestly this one is a mystery even to me, an expert) (yeah sure)
With 'Curves' you can change the curves. (that's all I have to say about this. Don't kill me plz)
With 'Resize' you can resize your monument.
I'm sure you smartass can figure out what Flip/Rotate does.

Then, you have effect. There are different categories. The ones I use most are FX (filters), Pop Art (lots of cool color effects) and Colors (changing contrast, hue, make one colour pop etc.)

Third, there's the almighty Add Photo. You will use it almost every time, very likely more than Add Text, depending on the kind of covers you make. Naturally, you can add photos with this. BUT WAIT!
That is not all! When you have added in your photo, like almost everything in this app, you can choose how it layers! WILD!

(I won't explain them all. You'll just have to see. There are just too many options.)

Fourth, there is Add ClipArt. You can download sets or buy them. I don't use clipart very often, but if you like it, go ahead! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!

Fifth, you have Add Text. This tool is wonderful! Not only can you use any font you have on your computer, but PicsArt also comes with a ton of fonts you can also use! FABULOUS! (honestly when did I start this yelling)

Sixth, there is Mask. Not the superhero kind, but just as good! With this handy tool you can add bokeh, light beams (beam me up scotty) and many more!

Seventh, there is Draw. Mostly, I use it to colour backgrounds, because drawing with a mouse isn't handy (unless you have cheese, of course) (that was so bad please kill me). There are many tools:

The colour wheel (WILD!)

You can use many layers to draw on. (for if you don't know, I'm making screenshots as I go along.)

Eighth, there is frame, which just like clipart you have to download or buy. I don't use it.

And finally, there is border, which I used, like, once. You can frame your artistry (is that a word?) virtually!

This was a quick guide of the program. Hope you enjoyed and learned!

A/N: In this book there will be chapters and tutorials. Chapters will basically contain information about certain tools, do's and don't's for making covers, etc. Tutorials will teach you how to create specific covers and variations. Next will very likely be a chapter about do's and don'ts or something like that.

A/N: The program got a nice new look! As far as I can see, only the home screen has changed (I changed the first pic) but there might be some other stuff.

WILD!

yeah i hate me too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
167K 6.6K 34
ထူးခြားထက် (Seme) ရွှေပုံ( Uke) Uke softဖြစ်တဲ့အပြင် intersex (ဒွိလိင်) ဖြစ်တာမို့ ကြိုက်မှဖတ်ကြပါနော် ကိုယ်ရဲ့ဒုတိယမြှောက်ficမို့ အမှားပါရင်ခွင့်လွှ...
205K 10.4K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
164K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad