His Forever (His #2)

By bourbonvanilla

This is the second book of His series. Please read the first one (His At Night), otherwise this book won't ma... More

Summary
Chapter 1 : Mr. Changeable
Chapter 2 : Mr. Persistent
Chapter 3 : Mr. Apologetic
Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable
Chapter 5 : Mr. Remarkable
Chapter 6 : Mr. Complicated
Chapter 7 : Mr. Different
Chapter 8 : Mr. Cute
Chapter 9 : Mr. Assorted
Chapter 10 : Mr. Afraid
Chapter 11 : Mr. Erratic
Chapter 12 : Mr. Volatile
Chapter 13 : Mr. Supportive
Chapter 14 : Mr. Willing
Chapter 16 : Mr. Annoyed
Chapter 17 : Mr. Domineering
Chapter 18 : Mr. Disturbed
Chapter 19 : Mr. Giving
Chapter 20 : Mr. Boundless
Chapter 21 : Mr. Efficient
Chapter 22 : Mr. Heady
Chapter 23 : Mr. Combative
Chapter 24 : Mr. Sneaky
Chapter 25 : Mr. Determined
Chapter 26 : Mr. Vulnerable
Chapter 27 : Mr. Happy
Chapter 28 : Mr. Mine
Epilogue : Mr. Husband
Braden's POV: Chapter 5 : Mr. Irresistable (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 12 : Mr. Fierce (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 21 : Mr. Eager (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 32 : Mr Heartbreaker (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable (book two)
His to Love (His #3)

Chapter 15 : Mr. Wanting

304K 6.9K 1.6K
By bourbonvanilla

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

A low groan that comes from Braden wakes me up when it's still dark, along with a friction between my legs. I blink my eyes open a few times, trying to know what's going on. ''Rory,'' Braden moans yet again, his hips pushing forward again, his hard cock slipping between my legs.

I also realise that I'm wet and insanely turned on.

Is Braden dreaming? About me? The thought fills me with big self-satisfaction because apparently, he's having a sexy dream. About me.

I bite my lip as he thrusts his hips forward and back again, looking for a friction. I push my legs apart a bit and he instantly grunts when he doesn't get that friction again.

But what I do is position him at my entrance and when he thrusts forward, he slips inside of me easily, seeing as I'm so turned on by now. I moan along with him. ''Rory, God, yes ...'' comes again from his mouth, his words slightly slurred so it's kind of hard to understand them.

His hand grabs my hip and he pulls me closer to him, fucking me how he needs it – fast and hard. I can't help but enjoy it myself. And even though it might me sick and weird ... What can I say? I'm pregnant and have my needs, too.

When he comes, he comes hard and long and apparently with such a force that it wakes him up.

He's really still for some minutes, his hand now limply on my hip, his half-hard cock still inside of me. I bite my lip, not knowing if I should say something first.

''Rory?'' he asks quietly in the dark. His voice sounds so confused and I can clearly hear shame in it.

''Yeah?'' I ask in a small voice.

He's quiet for some seconds and then, ''What did just happen?''

I can't help but chuckle at his confusion, even though it's not even funny. Well, it is, but probably not to him. ''I think you had a dream,'' I tell him, carefully.

''Jesus,'' he says in disbelief, extracting away from me. ''And I fucked you? While I was sleeping? This is just ... fantastic,'' he says tightly. He sounds angry, not at me, but at himself.

''You fucked me real good, even if you when you were dreaming,'' I say lightly, trying to lift the mood a bit.

But Braden just chuckles dryly and then shuts up, rolling on the bed. ''Christ,'' I hear him say. He sounds really distressed and just not his normal self.

I roll over to him and sit up, putting my palms on his well-defined chest. ''Stop, Braden. It's not a big deal. I was aroused when I woke up, too,'' I say.

''That's not an excuse for what I did,'' he mutters begrudgingly.

I sigh. ''Well, what if the situation was reversed?'' I ask him.

He's quiet for a few seconds, thinking. ''I wouldn't mind being fucked by you in your sleep,'' he says cheekily and I hear a trace of smile in his tone.

I snort. Typical guy. ''The same is with me. Lighten up, Gee.'' I lightly, playfully punch him in the shoulder.

Braden grips my hands in the dark and pushes me on my back. I squeal at the unexpected move. I feel his hot breath on my lips seconds later. ''Did you come?'' he whispers.

I swallow and squirm under his body. ''Wh-what?'' I stutter breathlessly, unfocused.

''Did you come?'' he repeats himself.

I have to wait for the fog that seemed to fall on my brain to disappear before I can answer him, ''You might be good, Campbell, but you aren't that good,'' I joke, surprising myself. Who knew I could throw a joke in when Braden was pressing his deliciously warm and hard body against mine, his breath fanning over my whole face?

''Mmm,'' Braden murmurs. ''I might need to change that. Can't leave my girl unsatisfied ...''

And he goes down, down, his lips making a path down my body.

We don't get much sleep after that.

***

When my eyes open in the morning, I instantly smile. My body feels sore in that delicious way and I feel well-rested, even though me and Braden were doing some great activity in the evening and in the night.

My whole body flushes at the memory.

Another thing is – I'm starving. Because if Braden knows what to do is build up an appetite in a woman. I'm wondering if he was the same way with other women before, did they gain some weight? Or they just burned out the food with the sex?

A frown replaces my smile. Nope. Definitely not going there. Not now, or like, ever. Especially not in the morning after an amazing night with Braden.

When I get myself dressed and ready, I go into the kitchen like a woman on a mission, searching for some food. But what instantly depresses me and brings out my irritation is that there's basically nothing to eat. At all.

When was the last time that Brooke was really home? What is that girl even living from?

What irks me up even more, is that I'll have to go shopping for food. Damn it.

I go put on a coat and my boots with a deep scowl, heading out. I see that Jeff's not parked here today and I think it's because Braden or Jeff didn't know I would go anywhere since I still can't go to work for at least a few days more.

I take my car to the store and finish it as quick as I can, grabbing first things that come into my mind and going back as soon as I can.

It's a cold day today, but it's thankfully not snowing. I kind of hate the cold without the snow – because what's the point of it?

As I'm walking up the stairs to my flat, I almost crash into someone rushing down the stairs. That someone, fortunately, catches me before I fall down the stairs when I lose my balance with all the bags I'm carrying. ''Oh, my God!'' I cry out, leaning on the wall.

''I'm so sorry! Damn. Are you okay?'' comes an unfamiliar voice that clearly belongs to a man. And a good looking one, too, I notice as I look at him for the first time.

I don't think I've ever seen him before. ''Yes, I'm fine. You just scared me,'' I tell him, shaking my head a bit.

The stranger offers me a small, apologetic smile, showing his straight teeth. ''Sorry again. Do you live here?'' He motions with his hand.

I nod, standing up straight now so I don't come off as rude or someone that doesn't know how to have a decent conversation with someone. ''Yes, I am. I just moved in a few months ago. I'm Brooke's flatmate if you know her.''

A recognition flashes through his eyes. They widen a bit and there's something else there, something deep that I don't have any intention of reading further because I could easily imagine it. ''Brooke?'' the stranger says absently, stroking his chin.

I nod tightly. ''I'm Rory, by the way.'' I want to offer him my hand, but then remember I still have the bags in my hands and I put them down to free my hand and offer it to him.

He smiles warmly at me. ''I'm Damien.'' He clasps my hand in a firm grip. He clears his throat. ''I haven't seen you around.''

I shrug. ''Probably because when I moved here I worked night shifts and was basically sleeping through the whole day.''

Damien nods at me as if he understands, putting his hands in his jeans' pockets. ''That might be it. I gotta run, I'm kinda in a rush. It was nice to meet you and ...'' he pauses a bit, looking a bit wary for a moment. ''Will you say hi to Brooke for me?'' he asks quietly as if he's afraid of something.

My eyebrows furrow but I still nod my head. ''Sure,'' I tell him.

He waves at me as he rushes past me. ''Thank you,'' he says before he runs down the stairs, disappearing from my view.

Well, that was kind of weird.

When I come back to my flat, I happily devour most of the food I've bought (oh, don't judge me. I'm pregnant!).

As I'm reading some news on the computer awhile later, my phone rings, making me jump up in surprise. I completely fell in the news and the loud ringing of my phone scared me. Braden's name is typed on my screen and I accept the call with a smile. ''Hey, babe.''

I can practically hear him smile. ''Hey, baby. Maybe I should call you more times if I always got a greeting like that,'' Braden says secretly, his voice sweet and light.

It makes my insides turn into mush and my whole body vibrates with happiness. ''Not a bad idea,'' I agree with him, grinning like a fool. I catch myself tracing the side of my computer with my finger absently and instantly stop, putting my hand on my lap. Jesus, I'm still acting like a lovesick puppy around Braden who completely lost her brain over love.

Even though that might be true about me, still ...

''I don't have much time to talk,'' Braden says, his voice filled with regret. It warms my chest to know that he truly wants to speak with me and it's not happy that he can't. ''I'm calling to tell you we're going out to a dinner tonight – me, you and Brooke. I already called Brooke and she was ecstatic.'' There's something more in his voice and I know there's something more he's not telling me.

''Yeah, fine. Is that all?'' I ask slowly, trying to make him tell me what he's holding back.

There's a moment of silence. ''Well ... Brooke wanted to bring Aaron with her ...'' Braden tells me quietly, almost in fear.

I rub my lips together, exhaling through the nose. ''And you told her she can't, I predict,'' I say this in a calm, observing tone, not giving anything away.

I imagine Braden wincing. ''She wasn't happy about it.'' He clears his throat.

I hum. ''I don't doubt. Imagine her telling you that you can't bring me somewhere with you,'' I throw back at him.

It makes him think for a bit, I imagine, because the silence greets me from the other side. ''That's completely different, Rory,'' Braden retorts.

My eyebrows lift and I lean back in my chair, putting my left hand on my right arm. ''How so?''

''For starters, she doesn't have a boyfriend you were in love with,'' he explains as if he needs to.

I huff the air out of my mouth in desperation. ''Don't you think it's time for you to let go of that, Braden? I was never interested in him, I've always been yours and I'm even pregnant with your child now, for God's sake! Plus, Aaron seems really interested in Brooke and she really likes him. You should try more – at least for her. I think it would mean a lot to her if you accepted him.''

There's a pause on the other end again. ''So he likes her, but not enough to date her, apparently.''

I roll my eyes, happy that he can't see the movement. ''Don't judge him so easily, Braden. Not that long ago, the situation was reversed. You're not that innocent here.''

''Babe,'' Braden breathes. ''Don't you think I know that? But she's my sister, Rory. It's my job to protect her and see that she doesn't get hurt.'' His voice is restrained, thick with emotion. It makes my head spin.

''Yes, I know. But she's not a baby. She's old enough to make her own decisions and you have to support her through them. She doesn't need a big brother babying her, she needs a brother who'll stand by her side and accept the decisions she makes.'' For someone who doesn't have siblings, I do offer a great amount of advice. But thinking about me, if I had a brother, I would want exactly what I told Braden.

There's some silence from him again. And then, ''I guess you might be right. I'll think about it – think about Aaron. But,'' he pauses, ''I don't promise anything,'' he adds quietly.

A smile spreads over my face. ''That's all I ask from you,'' I say lightly, trying hard not to start giggling like a maniac.

Braden chuckles. ''I should really go now. I'll see you later?'' he adds a question.

I lean my head back on the chair. ''Sure,'' I return happily.

''I love you,'' Braden throws in.

I can't help myself but put my palm over my face, grinning into it. ''I love you, too,'' I tell him with all the honesty I have in me.

We stay on the line a few more seconds – me closing my eyes and just hearing him breathe, letting it comfort me. It's just that feeling – the knowledge he's on the other side, so close to me, it brings warmth in me, making safeness settle into me. He has a really calming effect on me. I hear him sigh deeply before he hangs up and the beeping greets me.

During that day, I'm in high spirits. My mood is better than these past days, and I was in a good mood all the time. Well, almost. There were a few moments when it wasn't so bright and shiny, but, hey, that's life, right? It's not always sunshines and rainbows.

During the day, I literally don't do anything. It's making me crazy that I have to stay at home when I'm clearly fine already, but the doctor said I should stay at home at least a week and Braden of course being Braden won't let me go to work before my week comes to an end. Sometimes it's really hard to date a man like Braden.

I'm trying to finish the book I was reading yesterday before Braden (so sweetly) interrupted me – I can't hold it against him, really – when my phone beeps with a text. I groan in frustration as I have to put the book down.

My frustration instantly disappears when I see it's a text from Braden. And my frustration is replaced with something else – something more like a desire when I read it.

Can't stop thinking about you. About last night ...

He sends me another one before I can reply to him, You got me aroused in the middle of a meeting.

I chuckle because I honestly can't keep up with this man. He's just ... something else entirely. How could he ever think I could stick to my part of the arrangement and not fall in love with him? He's so lovable it's funny sometimes and it makes me wonder if he doesn't think of himself that way. Why would he propose such things to other women if he knew how easy they would all fall in love with him otherwise?

I wonder if all women he's been with fell in love with him. Surely a great amount of them did, because, come on! They did spend a lot of time with him, I assume. Even if they didn't, I'm sure he shook their world the first night they spent together.

I blink a few times to clear my vision and the texts shine back at me again. Why did my thought even wander there in the first place? Christ.

Wish I was there to help u out ;)

I bite my lip as I send that text. I have no idea when I got so bold with Braden, especially about sex. That shy girl who blushed furiously and stumbled when someone said a word 'blowjob'? It seems like she disappeared somewhere and there are no signs of her returning. Instead, a new, bolder girl showed up, taking charge.

Braden responds in just a few minutes.

God, Rory ...

My thumbs are sliding across the screen as I type a reply.

If it helps, I'm wet too

I can't wipe that grin off my face as I'm waiting on his reply. Lately, he's been such an easy person to talk to and so playful all the time. It seems that the time when we were apart, no matter it was only three weeks (although to me, it felt more like an eternity), he really changed. And I like the change in him. It suits him.

RORY, BABY

I read his text. I don't know what exactly that means. Is it a good or a bad thing?

He clears it up with another text, That doesn't help at all!

And then yet another one, God!

I full out laugh now, clutching my stomach. What a man. They're all so easy when it comes to this stuff.

Can't wait to see u later and relieve u of that suffering

I type him another text, just to tease him a bit more, Well, if it's me u're thinkin bout that got u so aroused ...

It takes him a bit longer to reply this time. I don't know if it's because he's thinking what to say or it's because he's in a meeting and can't really openly use his phone to text his girlfriend back. I'm thinking it's the latter.

Can't. Wait. And it's you I'm thinking about. Always. You should know that by now. x

My heart does a somersault in my chest and my stomach clenches at his words. I swear Shakespeare is patting Braden on his shoulder, doing such a good job with his words.

I'm grinning from ear to ear when Brooke comes through the front door with bags in her hands.

I raise my eyebrows at her when she looks like a deer in highlights when she sets her eyes on me. She quickly tries to compose herself, but I see right through her. She's easier to read than her brother.

''Oh. Hey. You're here,'' are her first words. She sounds a bit uncomfortable and it makes me grin harder.

I settle back on the couch and make myself a bit more comfortable, cocking my head to the side. ''Hello. Where else should I be?'' I ask her chirpy.

I clearly see she's restless about something. She shrugs her shoulder, acting nonchalant and laughing dryly, fakely. ''I thought you were still at Braden's ...'' she says carefully, gauging my reaction.

I purse my lips. ''I actually came back here yesterday afternoon.'' I see her face get a bit guilty.

''Oh.'' She clears her throat. ''Is everything okay?'' she asks warily.

I turn confused, my eyebrows hitching together. ''Why wouldn't it be?''

Her face flushes. ''No, it's just ... I thought that Braden would keep you at his suite at least a few days more, being an overprotective ass sometimes and all that.'' She waves her hand around as if it explains everything.

It does and I laugh whole-heartedly. ''So where did you spend the night?'' I ask casually. ''And the day, assuming you didn't go to work ...''

Brooke's cheeks heat up. ''I was at Aaron's,'' she says quietly, not looking at me. Why is she so shy about this in a sudden, I have no idea, but it's funny to watch.

She comes sit down by me.

''Hmmm ...'' I hum in thought. ''Is there any progress between you two?'' I rest my chin on my hand, watching her curiously.

She lowers her eyes, her hands playing together. ''Not really,'' she mumbles.

My heart clenches for her, because I know exactly how she feels. I was in the same place one time with Braden and I know how much it hurts to be with someone who means everything to you, but they only want you as a companion for a good fuck. I bite my lip, putting my hands on Brooke's. ''I'm sorry to hear that because I can clearly see how much he means to you. If you really care about him, if you really like him, fight for it. But I guess only time will tell if you two are meant to be.'' I can't offer her much else, but if I spoke of my experience, I couldn't give her much advice. Other than 'get pregnant'.

Which I doubt she'd appreciate much.

Brooke purses her lips, looking me in the eyes. ''Yeah. I guess ...'' she trails off, a bit unsurely. I see it's a sore subject for her and I don't push her anymore.

''I ran into our neighbour today,'' I tell Brooke, watching for her expression.

She turns confused. ''We have more than one neighbour. You should be more specific.'' She grins.

''His name was Damien. He said I should say hi to you.'' I shrug nonchalantly. He gave me off some type of vibe, but I couldn't place my hand on it. He seemed nice, though.

Brooke falls suspiciously silent after that, her face straightening up, any traces of a smile disappearing. ''Damien?'' she mumbles, her voice choked.

I raise my eyebrows. ''Uh ... yeah.''

Her hands start playing together in her lap again. ''That's nice. I do know him.'' She nods tightly, restrainedly.

I narrow my eyes at her. ''You're not telling me something,'' I push, staring at her curiously and wondering what does she have to hide.

She lifts her big, brown eyes up, looking me straight into the eyes, her hair falling around her face. I see her throat work as she swallows. She traces the couch rest absently. ''I had a one-night stand with him once,'' she blurts out suddenly, widening her eyes right after her admission.

Her mouth clamps together and her cheeks colour.

On the contrary, my mouth falls open and my eyes widen. ''What?'' I breathe. Then a smile breaks on my face. ''Damn. You do have a nice taste in men,'' I tell her jokingly, not understanding her expression on her face clearly. Did her feelings run deeper for that man?

Brooke manages a chuckle, but it's clearly a fake one. It makes me frown slightly.

''Brooke ...'' I say softly, coaxing her to tell me more.

She rubs her forehead. ''I don't know what to tell you,'' she admits.

I shrug. ''The truth.''

She sighs in response, shifting in her seat, her eyes staring forward as if she was thinking of some memories. ''I ... I had a soft spot for Damien once. I met him the day I moved in here and, I don't know, we met a few times, went out sometimes and became friends. I knew he was a known womaniser.'' She laughs dryly. ''I even saw him with a few women, met some of them when they were walking that walk of shame out of his flat in the mornings.'' She shakes her head, disgusted.

She looks down at her hands now. ''I never understood how they were all so willing to spend a night with him when they knew he couldn't promise them anything. He never promised anyone anything. I didn't understand the women until I became one of them,'' she states, her voice turning sad. ''One day, after my brother's failed wedding, I decided to give in and finally sleep with him. I thought we clicked,'' she says, her voice shaking a bit. ''I thought we had a connection. He made me laugh a lot and I had a great time with him. He was just ... great.'' She sighs, almost wistfully.

My chest tightens for her, but I stay silent and let her get this off her chest.

''I spent a night with him and to say it was spectacular is putting it mildly.'' Her head shakes. ''The next morning, I was doing the walk of shame. Thankfully, I didn't have to walk that far.'' She smiles sadly, shrugging. Her eyes find mine and she holds them in a stare. ''And that's it. He didn't reach for me anymore. Every time we met after that, we mumbled our hellos and strode right past each other.

''One night,'' Brooke starts after a small pause on her part. ''One night he came knocking on my door, drunk. When I opened, he kissed me without saying anything. I didn't sleep with him again, I didn't want to and he was obviously too drunk to know what he was doing, but I let him sleep in my bed and we made out a lot.'' She gets teared up. ''A few days after that, he apparently went away and no one knew when was he going to come back. He never said a word to me before he left.'' Her voice breaks at the last words.

My heart shatters for her, literally. I would have never guessed something like that happened between her and the man I met before. He seemed really nice.

''I guess he's back now, huh?'' Brooke mutters, biting her lip. I see this made her restless and I can't say I know how she feels, because I honestly don't. I don't even know what to say to her back.

''Did you have feelings for him?'' I'm almost afraid to ask.

Brooke takes a long moment to answer my question. And then she shrugs. ''I don't know, really. I surely felt something for him, but I can't tell you exactly what it was ...''

I nod in understanding. This is such a sad talk and I don't know how we even got here from her being uncomfortable about Aaron and playful and then to her almost crying about another man who did her wrong. And, man, he did her wrong.

That man I met before doesn't seem so nice anymore after all.

''I don't even know what to say to you. Honestly, I'm sorry that it had to happen to you and that man is a jackass. A big one. And to think that I thought of him as a nice ... pfft,'' I huff begrudgingly.

Brooke laughs and wipes her eyes before I can see her tears fall. ''He's not that bad, I guess. He has his faults, but he's not bad,'' Brooke defends him without much thinking about it.

I press my mouth shut, because, clearly, she did feel something deeper for him than just a friend, but I don't dare to say anything. I only reply, ''Maybe he is. But his actions, Brooke? They're not excusable.''

Brooke doesn't say anything back and I realize she's thinking about it – about him. I change the subject. ''Braden said we're going to dinner later.''

Brooke nods and her eyes brighten up a bit. ''Yeah, he invited me, too. But he said I can't bring Aaron with me when I asked him if he can come.'' She rolls her eyes. ''Under that layer of love I mostly feel for him, there sometimes comes a little hate for him on the surface – a small amount, but still,'' she says exasperatedly, clearly displeased with his action.

''Ah, Brooke,'' I laugh. ''Don't you know you have to be real patient with him?'' I tease her, because she said this about him a lot of times to me. I'm just throwing it back at her face.

She sighs and rests her head back on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. ''Yeah. He can be really difficult.'' She eyes me from the corners of her eyes. ''I wonder sometimes how can you put up with him. Truly.''

I laugh at her, telling her a secret. ''Brooke, sweetheart. I can be a lot worse than him.''

She stares at me for a moment and then bursts out laughing. ''God. He literally found himself a soul mate!''

***

Me and Brooke curl up on the couch, setting up a movie while we both wait for Braden to arrive. He's a little late, but I make myself comfortable on the couch, spreading fully on it, wrapping a blanket tightly around myself. Me and Brooke occasionally make a comment about the film, mostly making fun out of things or characters.

It's nice. So nice I almost fall asleep if it wasn't for Braden coming through that door, instantly waking my senses up, my body sensing that he's near. I can feel him before I can see him. And when he comes into the living room, tugging at his tie, he dominates this place – the whole flat actually, with his presence only.

It's a breath-taking sight and my eyes rather set on him than the film that's currently playing. When Braden sets his eyes on me, curled up on the couch, only my head peeking out, his face loses all trances of hard features and his eyes become soft and gentle. It warms my body to see the instant change in him.

''Hi,'' I manage to croak out with a small smile, but I still don't move.

''Hello,'' he greets me back with his velvet voice that I want to record on my phone and then put in my ear buds, listening to his voice all the time.

I can only watch him and I swear my eyes turn into hearts. Jesus.

''Hello to you, too, brother. I'm starving, thanks for asking,'' Brooke breaks our spell and his eyes swiftly turn to hers, but don't stay on her for long. Mine don't look anywhere else but at him. He puts his hands in his pockets, gazing his top teeth with his tongue. I don't know whether he does that on purpose, but it's highly erotic.

''Hi, Brooke, thank you for you unnecessary sarcasm. We're going soon,'' he says, looking at me again.

''My sarcasm is always necessary,'' Brooke mutters under her breath, but I can hear her perfectly and I have no doubt that Braden can, too.

I have to smile at that. It's hard to stay serious around Brooke, no matter what situation.

Braden lifts an eyebrow. ''I don't see you two getting ready,'' he observes, amused. I feel so cozy and sleepy that I really don't want to move from that blanket, but I'm also hungry, so I'll have to make a sacrifice.

I sit up and try to smooth my hair down, because it's everywhere and I'm sure I look like a mess, my hair all mussed, my face bare of make-up and my eyes sleepy. Gee, I have to be a sight for sore eyes. I shudder at the thought.

How can a man like Braden want a woman like me? It's a mystery to me that I don't want or need to solve.

Braden's phone rings and he pulls it out of his pocket, checking his screen. He sighs deeply and accepts the call. ''This better be urgent,'' he says straight away, without greeting the caller. I frown at his manners and watch his face turn to stone and serious. I realize the call is probably work related.

''What? Can't you fix this without me?'' Braden rubs his forehead then rakes his hand through his hair, tugging at the ends in frustration. ''I don't have time for this,'' he says through gritted teeth and I see his body getting tense, his jaw clenching. Uh oh. ''I really don't know what I pay you for sometimes,'' he mutters. ''I'll come there straight away.'' And he hangs up the call, putting his phone back in his pocket, his eyes searching mine.

I tilt my head on the side and my body already slumps in disappointment. I already know what's coming.

''I'll have to rain check,'' Braden says with a grimace, tugging his hair again. ''There's something urgent that I need to go solve,'' he explains as an apology.

I know my face must show how disappointed I am that he has to go, no matter how much I try to swallow my emotions and try to be an understanding girlfriend. It's hard when I've been looking to this dinner and then some alone time with him tonight the whole day.

But I nod at him, trying not to show him too many emotions. I see this is already hard on him.

He comes to me and kneels in front of me, putting his hands on my cheeks, bringing his face close to mine. ''I'm really sorry,'' he whispers intimately for only my ears. I nod again, because I don't know what to say. I'm sure my voice would betray me.

Braden shakes his head as if it's not okay and then kisses me. Without a hesitation. Without any holding back. Without any restraints. And he kisses me like a man in love. I put my hand on his neck, tenderly swiping my thumb on his delicate skin there, playing with his hair.

Braden ends the kiss and pecks my lips once more. He stares deep into my eyes, still having my head between his palms. ''I'll come later, yeah?''

I nod again, but this time I don't speak with a different reason – it's because I'm speechless. It happens every damn time Braden places his lips on me. It makes me breathless. It makes me speechless. And it makes me want to more than kiss him.

With one last sigh, Braden stands up, pulls the wallet out of his pocket and throws some money on the table. ''I'm sorry,'' he says it louder this time, meant for Brooke. ''Treat yourself to something. I really can't postpone this.''

Brooke waves her hand around carelessly. ''Yeah, yeah. Priorities and all that,'' she mutters with a glint in her eye. She's teasing.

I don't think Braden understands she's only joking, because he scowls, his body instantly tenses up. ''Brooke,'' he says with a warning, almost growling at her. That damn voice makes my body catch a fire.

Brooke rolls her eyes. ''I'm only kidding, Jesus,'' she explains, shaking her head. She waves her hand at him. ''Go already and let us pig out together in peace.''

Braden shakes his head at her, a small smile on his lips. He gives me one last long, deep gaze before he turns on his heel and walks out of that door.

I have an urge to run after him that I barely surpass.

It's Saturday and I updated before going away tomorrow. Aren't I cool? And just plain awesome. Yes, I know, I know *pats myself on the shoulder*.

No, I'm only kidding haha. I can share a secret with you - I'm done with school for a few months, I got all my grades together and I'm FREE so that means I'll have more time to write when I come back from Germany! That's great news, no? Especially when the stress of school was eating me alive.

Anywayssss I'm not here to complain. 

By the way, I'm going to miss you all!!! Terribly! I hope I'll find some time to read your sweet comments and reply to you, because you all know how to make my day! 

Okay, so I really hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you in three weeks! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.7K 51
After five years and a thousand regrets, two old lovers meet again.. "What kind of stunt are you pulling out this time?" I see his eyes blaze in blue...
32.5K 2.9K 54
**ATTENTION! This is a sequel to Not the Only One. Please please don't read any further until you read it! - SPOILERS ahead! All of the characters wi...
269K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
395K 16.5K 28
[Can be a stand alone!][Book 2] {Valleyside Pack} Milo Morgan is an only son, the only heir to his pack. He's expected to earn his title rather than...