A Pirate's Kiss (Wattys Winn...

By iluvdaisychain

(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please fo... More

Introduction
Chapter One | A Stolen Kiss
Chapter Two | Letters
Chapter Three | Innocence
Chapter Four | Silver Eyes
Chapter Five | Gold
Chapter Six | Bottle of Rum
Chapter Seven | Handcuffed
(8) Never Underestimate Me
(9) Henry and the Creature
(10) History
(11) The Truth
(12) Dark and Light
(13) The Mermaid Door
(14) Sea Shanties and Captivations
(15) The Drunken Sailor
(16) Bleeding Water
(17) Hungry Kisses
(18) Regret
(19) Something Close To Heartbreak
(20) Burning Me
(21) Hand Fighting and Lady Thighs
(22) Beautiful Sight
(23) Captivated
(24) Indifference
(25) Not the One
(26) That Will Teach Him
(27) Don't Fight Me
(28) Strength
(30) Golden Moments
(31) I' Taren ar' ho Dgiathatch
(32) Scarred
(33) Flying Free
Epilogue: Surprise
Authors Note

(29) Selfish

187K 5.8K 1.5K
By iluvdaisychain

Here is the next Chapter guys!

I'm not very happy with it, I couldn't seem to write as well as usual but hopefully you all enjoy it anyway! There are quite a few P.O.V changes but they were necessary so that you could all see what was going on!

The deadline for the Watty Awards is coming up fast so please don't forget to VOTE/COMMENT/FAN if you want to see APK get through the next round!! 
Thankyou all so much n.n

Love Daisy xx 

P.S Thankyou to all of my gorgeous fans who made the beautiful banners over that way --------> Im so sorry I lost my list of names that had who's was who's on them so sorry for not mentioning your names >.< the effort is no less appreciated though :D Thankyou so much!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Circe's P.O.V)

An involuntary shudder ran through me at his voice and his gaze switched to look from the horizon into my eyes as he squeezed me a little tighter and adjusted my position on his waist at the same time. I didn't look at him, instead staring out towards the thick cloud that I could now see very obviously hovering above the water on the horizon.

"Is it a storm?" I whispered, the question sounding silly on my lips. "Are we in danger?"

I felt Obsidian shake his head. "No, nothing like that, nothing that will harm you Darling."

I finally turned to him, meeting his gaze head on. "Then what is it?"

His face was hard but his eyes were gentle, swirling pools of silver and gold, the silver eye glowing bright than the gold one, making him look even more mismatched.  

"It is the water mist from norsa alu tanya tuulo' i' menel." He said gently, his voice taking on a strange almost musical lilt as he spoke the foreign words.

"What is that?" I asked curiously.

"You will find out when we reach it." Came the reply and I frowned slightly at his reluctance to tell me where we were going. 

His expression stayed stony as he looked out over the ocean again. "I want you to stay inside tomorrow." He stated. "Lacy as well."

I gaped at him in shock of his rudeness. "And just what makes you think I'm going to listen to you? What is your reason for demanding this of me?" I tried to pull away from him but his arms were a hard cage around me and his eyes latched onto mine suddenly, burning through me with the intensity of his gaze.

"You will stay inside tomorrow." He growled, so darkly that I felt a flicker of fright shoot through me without warning and I quickly adverted my eyes so he wouldn't see it.

I heard him exhale slowly before his rough calloused fingers caught my chin, forcing my head up. Keeping my eyes firmly to the side, I heard him let out a soft growl when I refused to look at him.

"Look at me." He demanded and I couldn't help but raise my eyes to his at the threatening tone in his voice.

"Don't talk to me like that." I said quietly before he could speak. "You have no right to ask me to do something without giving me a good reason. Now put me down." My voice was quiet but firm and I couldn't help the slight quaver at the end. He must have realized I was being deadly serious though because he slowly lowered me down until my feet met the wooden planking of the crows nest and I turned away from him, causing his hand to release its grasp on my chin but before I could move fully away he caught my arm, his fingers wrapping almost all the way round and highlighting how small I was compared to him.

"We aren't finished Circe."

"Last time I checked we were." I snapped, yanking my arm out of his hold with one quick jerk. "I've had enough of you for one night."

He growled loudly. "It didn't seem like that before." He retorted and I spun around to face him, feeling my anger flare up. 

"I don't know what you are talking about."

He lifted an eyebrow challengingly. "Oh really?"

"Yes really." I hissed.

"Oh come on Circe, I know that you feel something for me. You're trying to deny it but it's not working, you can't help but watch me, touch me, want to be close to me." With every word he was moving closer and closer to me but I held my ground and gritted my teeth as he words hit nerve after nerve. He was right, everything he said was true.

"I know you want me." He finished, coming to a stop in front of me, his hand lifting up to touch my face. 

I slapped his hand away and glared at him in fury. "Why are you saying all of this? What do you expect to get out of this? Are you hoping I'll end up kissing you like last time, just so you can wipe my memories again?" I spat, not caring about the fact that I had just told him I knew what he had done, at that moment I was simply too mad. 

His expression for once was shocked. "You remembered?" He whispered, so quietly that I almost didn't catch it. 

I glared at him furiously. "Of course I remembered. You really are a selfish self centered barstad. And here was me thinking that you might have had some shred of humanity in you. Obviously I was wrong." My voice was cold and my words were harsh. Somewhere in the back of my mind a voice was screaming at me, telling me that he didn't deserve that, but I didn't care. I couldn't believe that he had had the nerve to do something like that and the fury that I had been unable to release at the time was catching up with me. 

I thought that I saw a flicker of hurt flash across his face before it vanished and was carefully replaced with a stone cold mask that reached all the way up to invade his smoldering eyes. 

"Well if that's how you feel," He said cooly. "I guess you won't be needed this selfish barstad to get down then."

Before I had realized what was happening he had reached out for one of the loose ropes that hung from the crossbow overhead and jumped up onto the edge of the crows nest. 

He gave a sarcastic bow and tipped an imaginary hat towards me, his smile sardonic. "Good evening M'lady, excuse me for not sticking around to help you down, I can be a little self centered at times, or so I've been told." His voice was so bitter that I felt a pang of guilt ache in my chest but I quickly pushed it away and replaced it with a scowl as I gave him my cheek. 

There was a whoosh of air and when I looked back to where he had been standing, there was nothing but an empty space. I hurried over to the railing in time to see him swinging on the rope far below and landing gracefully on a crossbeam of one of the smaller masts. He turned and nimbly began his descent down to the deck with incredible speed that was no doubt fueled by his anger.  As soon as he feet touched down on the deck he stormed towards his quarters, not looking back once. Fury rolled off him in waves and even from my birds eyes position I could see his hands shaking and he slammed the door with such force that it re-opened and I heard him curse loudly as he slammed it a second time, this time it stayed closed.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and my legs wobbled slightly as I sank down onto the platform, leaning back against the side of the crows nest and tilting my face upwards so I could see the stars and feeling slightly shocked at how quickly the mood had changed.

You shouldn't have done that, A small voice chided. Now how do you expect to get down?

I huffed angrily and folded my arms across my chest. I didn't need Obsidian to get down, I would do it by myself. All I had to do was copy what he did. 

When I thought about it like that it honestly sounded quite easy and so throwing away my pessimistic attitude and trying to feel somewhat positive about the situation I scrambled awkwardly to my feet and looked around for the rope that he had used. 

Unfortunately for me, it was hanging in mid air about a six feet out from the crows nest seeing how no-one had bothered to tie it back up and I gulped when I realized that my only option was to climb up onto the cross beam, grab the rope and then tug it back with me as I climbed back down. Taking a deep breath I jumped up and grabbed the beam and after a few attempts, managed to swing myself up so I was straddling it. I wiggled around slightly, getting a feel for what would be the best way of staying attached to the thick rounded beam, before deciding to wrap my legs around it and lay on my stomach, using my arms to shuffle myself forward.

This was working well and I was feeling a bit more confident as the rope came within grabbing distance. I didn't need Obsidian, I knew I could do it by myself, but as I reached out for the rope I felt my body slipping and I let out a shriek as I slid sideways, thankfully having enough sense to lock my ankles and hands together as I slid so when I found myself suddenly upside down, I was still attached to the pole, just up the wrong way. 

I tried to breath deeply but when I looked sideways and realized that I was suspended a hundred feet up in the air with nothing to catch me below the panic began to set in and I let out a strangled sob. I squeezed my eyes shut and clung fiercely to the cross beam but I could feel my fingers already becoming dead from having to hold my weight for so long and tears ran backwards down my face and into my hair as I acknowledged the fact that if I let go at this moment, I would most certainly fall to my death. 

Then don't let go! A small voice urged. Think, use your head!

I held back another sob as the words sunk in and then I felt like slapping myself. I was doing exactly what Obsidian had accused me of, giving up too easily.

I could feel my face set determinedly as I evaluated my situation. I wasn't strong enough to climb back to the crows nest in the position I was in now, I would probably only get half way before my fingers slipped on the wide beam. However I was within reach of the rope that was the reason for my whole predicament. If I could shuffle forward slightly and grab it ...

Ever so slowly, I inched my legs forward, the occasional hiccup still escaping from my lips every now and then. Following my legs I moved my hands forward quickly until they touched the place where the rope was knotted around the beam and I let out a relieved breath. Now came the tricky part. Somehow I had to grab the rope and then figure out a way to use it to get myself down. Fate must have decided I was taking too long however because as I reached out for the rope yet again, my other hand slipped and followed by my feet and I was suddenly falling through the air, my palm burning as the rope slipped through my hands. 

How I didn't die I have no idea, there must have been someone watching over me that night because somehow I managed to get the message through to my brain to grab onto the rope with my other hand and tangle my legs around it at the same time. I let out a cry of pain as the rope cut my hands but I gritted my teeth through my tears and forced myself to ignore it, squeezing harder and harder as I felt myself slow and finally stop altogether, still hanging suspended now only by the rope, about halfway down to the deck.

I was crying in earnest by now, the sobs wracking my body as I clung to the rope for dear life, my body had seemed to lock itself into position and I couldn't even loosen my grip slightly on the rope to ease the burning in my hands. I focused my blurry eyes on them, the tears increasing when I saw the blood oozing out from where my hands were clasped around the rope.

"Oh my God." I gasped. "Oh my God."

I looked up and saw a bloody trail that stained the rope from my fall and my breaths came quicker and quicker although thankfully my hands were completely numb and I couldn't feel the pain yet, I had no doubt in my mind that it was going to burn in the morning. 

We will cross that bridge when we come to it. I told myself firmly as I tried to regain some kind of control over my panic filled body. 

Come on Circe, time to get down, you can do this, one leg behind the other.

The pep talk started to sink in and I managed to steady my breathing although the tears of fright still poured down my face as I slowly and painfully inched my way down the rope. 

I was about a two feet off the ground when my arms gave way from exhaustion and I fell the rest of the way onto the wooden deck, landing on my back with a thump and wincing as I cracked my head against the hard planks. For a moment I simply lay there, sending up fervent thanks to God that I was still alive but when the sound of slow clapping reached my ears I struggled to push myself up off the deck into sitting position, my eyes traveling over to the source of the clapping and landing on Obsidian who was leaning casually up against the door, his eyes cold and calculating.

"Well you did better than I thought you would." He said cooly.

I looked at him in confusion, a sick feeling starting in my stomach. "What do you mean?"

He said nothing and I simply stared at him, realization slowly dawning on me.

"You mean you were watching the whole time?" I questioned, my anger building up as I realized that I had been scared for my life and he had simply stood there and watched.

He nodded, confirming my thoughts and I could do nothing but stare at him in disbelief as a thousand different emotions swirled through me. 

"Why didn't you help me?" I asked, outraged. "Did it not occur to you that I could have died?"

His face was so cold that I could almost feel myself getting a chill simply from looking at him. He shrugged and spoke with indifference. "I don't see why I should care," He said cooly, pointing to himself. "no humanity remember?"

I flinched as he threw my words back in my face and I saw a satisfied look wash through his eyes before he slammed his door behind him again and left me outside on my own.

*     *      *      *

(Obsidians P.O.V)

I was trembling with anger as I leaned back up against my door. The fact that she thought I didn't care that she had almost died, stung like the lash of a whip but then so had her words and at the moment I was unsure as to which had cut me deeper.

I punched the wall furiously before turning to pace up and down my room with long angry strides. She wasn't coming back in here, she could sleep out on the deck for all I cared. I couldn't believe that she had come to that conclusion about me. The fact that she thought I was selfish hurt the most, the humanity comment hadn't really mattered. I already knew that I had lost part of my humanity somewhere along the sick journey that was my life. But the fact that she thought I was selfish? 

I growled, running my bloody knuckles through my hair. She was going to apologize for that. She knew nothing, absolutely NOTHING. If she knew, she never would have said that, she would have thought twice before saying that.

It's your own fault, a small voice scolded. You tried to take her memories from her, she had every right to be mad.

It didn't give her the right to say that though, I retorted. If anything it gave her more of a reason not to, she didn't know my reasons behind doing that, it was for the best, it was for her, so she could be happy.

 And look where it got you, my consciousness replied and I scrunched my fingers in my hair in anger, frustratedly shaking my head from side to side. And now I was at war with myself, like I didn't already have enough competition over who controlled my body.

What was she doing to me?

*     *     *      *

(Circe's P.O.V)

I stared dumbly towards his door, my voice hindered due to the rage and disbelief I was feeling. I hiccuped and shuffled myself up into crouching position, staggering to my feet slowly and cradling my burning hands against my chest. I couldn't bring myself to look at them just yet, afraid that the gory sight would cause me to tip over the edge and pass out. 

I took one faltering step towards Obsidians door before realizing that there was no way I could face him again tonight and instead I headed towards the crews quarters, my breathing coming faster and faster with each step. I felt tears pricking against my eyes again as I halted outside his door and tentatively reached one bleeding hand up to knock.

There was a small pause in which I knocked again and I heard a groan come from within along with a shuffling sound and then the door was flung open to reveal a sleepy eyed Cobalt who stared down at me blearily, his eyes becoming more and more focused as he took in my appearance.

"Circe, what's wrong?"

My breathing hitched as I looked up at him with tear filled eyes, taking in his features that were so like Obsidians. Letting out a sob I threw myself into his arms and buried my face in his chest. His arms were instantly around me and he picked me up, holding me around him with one arm and closing the door behind us with the other before walking slowly over to his bed, rubbing my back as he did so.

"Shhh Circe, it's okay. What happened? Tell me what's wrong?" 

I could tell he was trying to be as soothing as possible but his voice had a slightly panicked edge to it which increased when I couldn't find the right words to tell him what had happened. As he sat us down on the bed I brought my sticky hands from out behind his back and presented them as an explanation for my tears. I was unwilling to tell him what Obsidian had said, I was sure that it would result in them fighting again and I didn't want that.

As soon as he saw the bloody mess that was my palms he gasped in shock and grabbed my wrists, his expression changing into one of fury.

"Circe," He growled. "who did this to you?"

"I-I did- did it wh-wh-when I was trying to- to- to get down-" I gasped out.

"Get down from where exactly?" Cobalt questioned, his face now murderously angry.

"From on t-t-top of the m-mast."

He looked at me in confusion. "What were you doing up there?"

I simply shook my head causing more tears to spill out. 

"Circe, does my brother have anything to do with this?"

I gasped. "N-n-no of course not, I just- I just was-"

"That's it." Cobalt said furiously, placing me on the bed gently. "I've had enough of him, the filthy hypocrite that he is."

I reached out for him as he stood up. "No Colby please d-don't-"

"Stay here." He growled before stomping out the door and slamming it shut behind him. I heard him move down the hallway and then the bang of another door opening in what sounded like the room beside his. There was the murmur of hushed voices and Cobalts slightly louder tone and then his footsteps stomped back past the door and down the hallway in the opposite direction. 

I held my breath and seriously contemplated going after him but in the end I slumped back against the head rest, exhaustion washing over my body. I couldn't deal with anymore fighting right now.

Bringing my bloody hands up to my face, I inspected the gruesome rope burns that had rubbed jagged lines that ran diagonally across the length of my palms. They were no doubt going to be painful for a very long time and I was sure that training would not be an option while they were healing. 

I frowned at them for a moment before letting out a small bitter laugh and reaching into my bodice to grab my pendant, pulling it out of my shirt and wondering why I hadn't thought of it before. If I had, perhaps I could have used the energy to give me enough strength to be able to get back onto the crows nest without falling.

I sighed, there was no point dwelling over it now, I would just have to remember for next time.

I focused on the blue stone that was still swirling blue white from all of the energy that I had collected earlier that day and squeezing it gently in my fist, I imagined the energy flowing into me like water and carefully sewing the skin of my palms back together. There was a slightly uncomfortable tightening sensation as it knitted itself whole but when it eased I opened my palms, I found that the skin under all of the crusted blood was smooth to the touch and as unmarked as it had been before the incident. 

Amazing.

Suddenly the door banged open and I looked up, expecting to see Cobalt before me but instead I was presented with Lacy who stared at me for a moment before shrieking and rushing into the room. Leonardo, who had been standing behind her, followed after, his face concerned as he took in my still bloody hands. 

"Circe, what happened!" Lacy cried. "Cobalt said that you were hurt and that we should come and take care of you-" Her eyes widened as she saw my palms and she grabbed me by the wrists, forcing me to show her. I winced as her grip tightened, for someone so small she sure had a tight hold. 

"Lacy it's fine," I said, tugging my hands out of her grasp. "I fixed them, see?" I poked at the skin, showing her that it was whole and healed. Climbing off the bed, I wobbled slightly before heading towards the bathroom. I heard Lacy following behind me and I ignored her, filling a bucket with clean salt water so I could wash the blood off my hands. 

"Cee, what happened?"

I flinched and continued washing my hands. "I don't want to talk about it."

She huffed out a sigh. "Cobalt said it was something to do with Obsidian."

Right on cue we suddenly heard a muffled but furious roar and then the shouting started up along with alot of banging and crashing. 

I scrubbed my hands a bit harder, pretending as though I hadn't heard a thing. "Obsidian had nothing to do with it." Liar, he had everything to with it. "Just leave it Lace."

"That's not what it sounds like. Don't pretend you can't hear them."

I looked up at her furiously. "Lacy I told you that I don't want to talk about it, what part of that do you not understand."

She held up her hands in a gesture of surrender. "Okay I understand, don't get mad at me, I'm just trying to help."

I swallowed the lump that was stuck in my throat, still listening to the heavy crashes and raised voices that were coming from a certain room.

"I know you are," I said honestly. "and I'm sorry for snapping, you just wouldn't understand and I don't want to go back over what is already in the past. It's not going to help anyone."

She nodded reluctantly. "Well if you're sure."

I met her gaze steadily. "I am."

Nodding again she slowly backed out of the washroom. "Are you staying in here for the night?"

I sighed and ran a now clean hand through my knotted hair. "I suppose I am. I don't particularly want to have to go through Obsidians room right now."

"Okay."

I looked at her. "You can go Lacy," I said reassuringly. "you don't need to stay, go back to sleep."

She studied me worriedly, biting one of her plump pink lips. "Are you sure?"

I gave her a wearily smile. "Yes, now go." I waved my hands at her, and she smiled at me once more before backing out of the room and murmuring something to Leonardo before I heard the door shut behind them.

I waited till I heard them moving in the room next door before I turned and threw up in the bucket of water beside me.

*     *      *       *

(Cobalt's P.O.V)

I slammed the door to my brothers room behind me still steaming from our fight. How dare he, the selfish barstad, how dare he hurt her like that. At least I had unintentionally hurt her, he had known what he was doing, he had stood by and watched as she was hurt, he could have easily stepped up and helped her but he had stood by and watched.

It took me a couple of tries to actually stop my hands from shaking enough that I was able to open the door to the crews quarters and I made my way down the hallway to my bedroom, my speed increasing when I heard the sound of retching coming from within. 

I threw the door out of my way and called out for her when I couldn't find her in the main room. There was no answer, but the bathroom door was slightly ajar and I hurried over to it, flinging it open and taking in the sight of Circe kneeling on the floor, her head in a wooden bucket. 

I dropped to my knees beside her as she retched again and I swept her long tangled hair back, keeping it out of her face and gently stroking soothing patterns on her back as I did. I was in agony watching her like this, but I knew there was nothing I could do but what I was already doing.

 When she finally moved her head back from the bucket I was ready with a warm rag and I drew her onto my lap, gently washing her face in small circular motions.

Her tired blue eyes found mine and her full bottom lip wobbled sightly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and I pulled her fiercely into me, rubbing her arms gently.

"Don't be sorry, you've done nothing wrong. You had a big day and Obsidian hasn't helped."

She whimpered at his name and I squeezed her small frame against me even tighter, before loosening my grip slightly so that I could take both of her slender hands in my one of my own. I frowned when I noticed that the skin was whole and unmarked, no sign of the gruesome burns remained.

"I healed them." She said as an explanation and when I looked at her about to ask her to elaborate her eyes had already slid closed and she yawned once, her perfect shell pink lips stretching into a full 'o'. 

Being careful not to jostle her I slowly stood up with her still in my arms and made my way into the main bedroom. I shuffled her slightly so that I was able to cradle her against me with one arm while I pulled back the sheets of the bed with the other before carefully laying her down so that she was comfortable. 

Stepping back I swiftly pulled my shirt over my head, discarding it on the floor and climbed into the bed, settling down on my back and creating a barrier between her and the side of the bed so that she wouldn't fall out during the night. I pulled her close to my side as I tugged the blankets over both of us and she sighed in her sleep, moving her body to fit around mine, her delicate hand laying palm down on my bare chest. 

I breathed in the smell of her hair and gently ran my fingers through it, combing out the tugs until it was soft once again and pooled down her back like golden silk thread. I felt more calm now, the anger towards Obsidian was still there, still burning fiercely but it could wait till tomorrow, when Circe was safe and I could hopefully get Hobbs to confront Obsidian.

But for now, I could be content with simply having this angel in my arms while I slept. 

*     *     *      *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175 14 34
"Do you remember those sweet tender days when the only thing I cared about is you? You were my light in the darkness and always were filled with such...
3K 409 44
In one swift movement of my hand I reached behind Sapphire's neck and released her hair from the low ponytail it was in. She gasped at my action and...
135K 5.2K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
1.2M 75.2K 69
Complete. Original Title - A Pirate's Kiss: Ressurection (The third instalment of the A Pirate's Kiss Trilogy) After a horrific betrayal and a devast...